As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MotW 9/4/13 - This was worse than death. It was our first victory.

ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
edited September 2013 in Graphic Violence
Infinity #2 - the Alliance scores a victory but the Builders are sore-losing dickholes.
An Ex Nihilii commits suicide on a nearby world, which basically makes the entire planet (and its inhabitants) rot away

9KlFVXv.jpg

2tsYut8.jpg

Meanwhile on Earth
Thanos demands the Inhumans pay tribute by sacrificing all their children. But what he's really after?

qEHk2Pk.jpg

And in the X-verse, Battle of the Atom #1 - stuff happens and we meet the All-Newer X-Men!
Who have time travelled from the future to tell the present to send the past team back to the past.... hold on I'm gonna need a flow chart for this...

9kaNd4r.jpg

Giant Iceman, Grandson Xavier, Old Kitty, Old Man Wilson, Xorn-ette, Princess Powerful (!), and horny Beast.

But who is that masked X-Person? We find out in ANXM #16:
Bt25mzV.jpg

So for those keeping count, there are now 2 Cyclops, 2 Angels, 2 Kitty's, 2 Deadpools, 2 Molly Hayeses, 2 Jean Greys, 3 Beasts and 3 Icemen mucking about right now.

Elderlycrawfish on

• noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Is that
    Days of Future Past X-Men, or a completely different future?

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Okay, I give you Battle of the Atom panels that make up my moment of the week.

A) Young Scott Summers knows what being a hero is about.
    BotA01a.jpg
    BotA01b.jpg
    BotA01c.jpg

B) Kitty appreciates Old Scott Summers
    BotA01d.jpg
    BotA01e.jpg
    BotA01f.jpg

What can I say, I really like where Cyclops is right now in the X-books.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    Bt25mzV.jpg

So for those keeping count, there are now 2 Cyclops, 2 Angels, 2 Kitty's, 2 Deadpools, 2 Molly Hayeses, 2 Jean Greys, 3 Beasts and 3 Icemen mucking about right now.
    Dark Beast is still in 616, right? That makes four Hank McCoys.

Meanwhile DC is terrified of any mention of Wally West, Cassandra Cain, or Donna Troy as someone merely having shared a costumed identity with someone else will supposedly confuse readers or whatever.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    man I want grown up Molly Hayes to stick around after this

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I want Young Molly Hayes to meet Future Molly Hayes so much

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Suicide Risk #5 came out today, and it surprised the heck out of me.

I don't want to say it's good.

Fatale, Saga, Bandette, Sharaz-De, Locke and Key, the Unwritten... Those are good comics I've been reading or rereading in the past few days. Suicide Risk #5 told a pretty basic story of one wish fulfillment and revenge. It felt a little like Carey was trying to channel Mark Millar. The art wasn't great (it wasn't bad, it wasn't great). It wasn't particularly imaginative. There was nothing deep or insightful about it. The writing was passable.

But: as a stand alone story about the creation of a super-villain, I think that it's memorable. And fun.

I read it, and then I reread it a few hours later. I imagine I'll reread it again in the future. It just works for me.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    Bt25mzV.jpg

Dark Beast is still in 616, right? That makes four Hank McCoys.

Meanwhile DC is terrified of any mention of Wally West, Cassandra Cain, or Donna Troy as someone merely having shared a costumed identity with someone else will supposedly confuse readers or whatever.

If alternate reality versions count
    I didn't read the end of XTermination, but I was under the impression that X-Treme X-Men's Governor Howlett and Civil War Cyclops ended up in 616.

Though they'll probably be forgotten by every writer anyway so...

Also, a thought occurred to me that I would dig (speculation)
    the original ANXM crew has to go back to the past, there's no way you can keep that up without mucking up the timeline severely.

Displaced future time travellers from a dystopian reality that gets changed because of actions in the present, however.....

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Superior Spider-Man #17 I shocking hate Time Travel
    JvGsTFr.jpg

u6xXb0U.jpg

4j2uxGf.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    How is Black Bolt speaking normally?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    They're in a pocket universe that Maximus set up for Black Bolt where all sound is reduced to a single flat pitch.

• WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    All sound redu-... but wouldn't that just make everyone speak like Beaker?

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I'm digging that all the time shennanigans that being occuring in Marvel is actually having repercussions and addressed.

• Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    I know there are a bunch of Mark Gruenwalds that are very pissed right now.

(I know that the T.V.A. no longer exists since Avengers Forever)

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    All sound redu-... but wouldn't that just make everyone speak like Beaker?

I just realized how badly I need a Muppet Avengers movie.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Bobby DerieBobby Derie Registered User regular
    I for one would welcome Kermit the Throg, Miss Marvel Piggy, Spider-Gonzo, Wolver-Muppet, Scooter America, Fozzie Fist and Rowlf Cage.

The Unpublishable - Original fiction blog, updates Fridays
    Sex & the Cthulhu Mythos
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    I am almost positive I have seen fanart of Beaker as Cyclops and Animal as Wolverine.

Here you go:

x_muppets_by_rahzzah-d3gih9g.jpg

• AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    i love the spider-man 2099 costume so much.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Apparently Animal is actually X-23.

This... this changes a lot of things.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Nah, it's because of the 3 fingers thing; the muppet version of X-23 would have one claw on each hand.

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Quantum & Woody #3: Quantum & Woody vs. literal nightmare fuel
    FE76GkF.png

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I have really been enjoying Q&W, it's snuck up to the top of my Valiant list. Woody is just the right amount of douche without being overpowering. And isn't that what you look for, really?

• BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    My MOTW was discovering this buried in a storage bin that was buried under many other storage bins in the basement. Had no idea I even owned it.
    "What's this, a Hulk novel? Oh shit, it's a Peter David Hulk novel! Yoink!"
    wyjVtTF.jpg

I decided I wanted to adorn my walls with some framed comics, and found a few worth putting up like Infinity Gauntlet #1 (had absolutely no idea I owned this), X-Factor #71, and the first issue of the Claremont/Miller Wolverine mini (which I already had on display, but not framed).

Oh, and the return of Spidey 2099. Haven't read Superior yet, but that he's back in comics is a thing worth celebrating.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I love how the exact same thing happened in both Superior Spidey and in Battle of the Atom

They're all set to use a time device to go back in time, then whoops... visitors from the future

This whole time and space breaking deal could get pretty entertaining

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Oh, and Infinity #2

Who do you think
    Thanos' son could be?
    Maximus? He's certainly crazy enough

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    Turambar wrote: »
    Oh, and Infinity #2

Who do you think
    Thanos' son could be?

I'm fairly sure he is outside of the age range of the requested "Tribute".

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Oh, and Infinity #2

Who do you think
    Thanos' son could be?

I'm fairly sure he is outside of the age range of the requested "Tribute".

You guys have it all wrong.
    His son is....Lockjaw!!

• cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    It is the new Starbrand

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    But... He isn't a inhuman

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    But... He isn't a inhuman

yet.

• Lou29Lou29 Registered User regular
    Didn't the first Illuminati mini-series explain that the Beyonder is actually a overpowered Inhuman? Would they try to polish up that particular Bendis turd/idea by having Thanos kill him off somehow, possibly?

The Beyonder is definitely not in the proper age range

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    What are we calling a proper age range here? I'm genuinely curious.

according to Thanos' demands, between the ages of 16 & 22

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Maybe the age limits of the Tribute are meaningless? Bad guys aren't known for their honesty.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Basically,Thanos makes a big bluster about a tribute of the heads of all the 16-22 year olds.

Black Bolt sees through this and figures out that thanos is looking for a long lost son, with the Tribute being a way of covering up that fact. It's implied that Thanos wants all those kids dead because his son is counted amoung them.

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Basically,Thanos makes a big bluster about a tribute of the heads of all the 16-22 year olds.

Black Bolt sees through this and figures out that thanos is looking for a long lost son, with the Tribute being a way of covering up that fact. It's implied that Thanos wants all those kids dead because his son is counted amoung them.

Thanos can only guess the age of his son within 6 years?

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular

That's a hell of a lost weekend, even in space.

Thanos was really getting it on in his younger days. Like, you could almost retcon him killing half the galaxy in Infinity Gauntlet as him getting rid of only his illegitimate kids.

Nah, but if he said a specific age it would be even more obvious

he's calling for extra deaths to hide his intentions