As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MotW 9/4/13 - This was worse than death. It was our first victory.

2»

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Also: Thanos has a thing for killing people.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »
    Also: Thanos has a thing for killing people.

Depends on the tides.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I gave "God is Dead #1" a try and I didn't like it much. No idea how much of the story was Hickman's or the other guy. I have a feeling it'll just keep going on like Ennis' Crossed and Jennifer Blood.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    I gave "God is Dead #1" a try and I didn't like it much. No idea how much of the story was Hickman's or the other guy. I have a feeling it'll just keep going on like Ennis' Crossed and Jennifer Blood.

I don't know what the deal is with Avatar comics, but I sometimes I think they just have the most plain terrible artists working for them. Every time I pick one up, and God is Dead is no exception, I practically want to take the whole thing apart and redraw the whole god damn thing.

Although I didn't actually realize it was an Avatar comic until the female character with the two giant revolvers showed up to show off her guns.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    here's the thing

Hickman's co-writer, Mike Costa, is the hack that did bad shit with Transformers from 2009-2011

and yet the fucker's the third most prolific author in transformers comics when it comes to issue count

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    yeah I remember you saying that earlier. I never read the TF comics so the name wasn't familiar.

And yeah, I'm not a fan of Avatar's house art style.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Worst part of God Is Dead #1 was the "brain resistance," with thinly veiled stand-ins for Einstein, Steve Jobs, and Hawking. Plus as mentioned above the ginger girl with a pixie haircut who fights evil zealots with revolvers and a tube top.

Everything else was interesting and worth looking into. I really liked the idea of the staunch, serious news reporter doing a 180 because they all suck.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Worst part of God Is Dead #1 was the "brain resistance," with thinly veiled stand-ins for Einstein, Steve Jobs, and Hawking.

One of these things is not like the other....

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Einstein, that two-eyed bastard.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Well yeah. Einstein is only Highly Inteligent, not a Super Genius. It's only his alternate universe self that was a Super Genius.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //