As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[One Piece] A wild trip on the Grand Line

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    FIDUSPAWN wrote: »
    Wow, he did a great job since he manage to capture the essence of Brook.
    The backstory was a little depressing since Rebecca went through all that, just for being a princess of the Riku Kingdom.
    Yeah it was I was just making a joke.

Anyway theory time.

Maybe a devil fruit user that alters the memories of people is also working with the devil fruit user that turns people into toys which is how when people are turned into toys are forgotten by their loved ones. This could be the reason that the riku regime is so despised. Doflamingo's flunky altered the minds of the people so that they would remember the regime with hatred.

I'm really hoping though that the former king was actually a pretty terrible ruler and Rebecca just has to live with that legacy.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    darunia106 wrote: »
    FIDUSPAWN wrote: »
    Wow, he did a great job since he manage to capture the essence of Brook.
    The backstory was a little depressing since Rebecca went through all that, just for being a princess of the Riku Kingdom.
    Yeah it was I was just making a joke.

Anyway theory time.

Maybe a devil fruit user that alters the memories of people is also working with the devil fruit user that turns people into toys which is how when people are turned into toys are forgotten by their loved ones. This could be the reason that the riku regime is so despised. Doflamingo's flunky altered the minds of the people so that they would remember the regime with hatred.

I'm really hoping though that the former king was actually a pretty terrible ruler and Rebecca just has to live with that legacy.
    I think it's all Doflamingo. From what we've seen of his DF powers and personality, he's a puppeteer.

XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Episode 612:
    I remember loving this chapter. I still love it in anime form.

Zoro is simultaneously the biggest badass when he fights and the best straight man outside of combat (especially to Sanji). Their whole exchange was priceless. Even Monet's reaction was funny (when she wasn't being a horrible flesh eating monster).

Nami remains the most lovable coward.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Wife and I went to Nan Desu Kan in Denver this weekend. There was a guy there dressed as Brook. It was a great costume, and he had a violin and played Binks' Sake for us while we ate.
    I'll post pictures later when we get them off the camera.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    No.

For any number of reasons.

• Options
    FIDUSPAWNFIDUSPAWN Registered User regular
    Not sure about that video game but that Brook video was great.

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    "... Get bent"?

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Worth it for Frankys Pervert dance

Which better be in there Bandai

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Worth it for Frankys Pervert dance

Which better be in there Bandai

That true since he always Super in everything he does.

• Options
    Wife and I went to Nan Desu Kan in Denver this weekend. There was a guy there dressed as Brook. It was a great costume, and he had a violin and played Binks' Sake for us while we ate.
    I'll post pictures later when we get them off the camera.

Brook_zps1da1cbe7.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EvilOtakuEvilOtaku Registered User regular
    How in the world did he play with gloves on?

• Options
    I have no idea. He missed getting a couple notes quite in tune, but I've played piano with fairly form-fitting gloves before and that was hard enough. Fingering a violin with those gloves must have been crazy difficult.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    We had a little Season 5 marathon today, up to the last episode before the Strawhat recaps. This is my first time watching Ennies Lobby, and boy have the tears been flowing. I knew some of the events but that didn't make them hit any softer.
    Dereshishishishi

• Options
    Turkey wrote: »
    We had a little Season 5 marathon today, up to the last episode before the Strawhat recaps. This is my first time watching Ennies Lobby, and boy have the tears been flowing. I knew some of the events but that didn't make them hit any softer.
    Dereshishishishi

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

Funimation is bringing that to Anime Weekend Atlanta at the end of this month with the English voice actors of Zoro and Brook presenting it. Still thinking about whether I want to see it again.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Strong world is good. Funi dub is good. I would go if I had nothing better to do and it was close. Neither of which apply to the end of this month.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Strong world is good. Funi dub is good. I would go if I had nothing better to do and it was close. Neither of which apply to the end of this month.

I thought the dub hasn't been released yet?

Oh you mean the dub in general.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    The dub in general is good but yes, I'm assuming that there isn't a wild drop off in quality with Strong World as well.

I'd go as far to say that I prefer the dub.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »

Funimation is bringing that to Anime Weekend Atlanta at the end of this month with the English voice actors of Zoro and Brook presenting it. Still thinking about whether I want to see it again.
    They premiered the Fairy Tale movie dub at Nan Desu Kan a couple weeks ago in Denver with like 4 or 5 of the VAs there. It also was good.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The only movies I'm interested in that are showing at AWA are Evangelion 3.0 and the second new Berserk film.

• Options
    LucidLucid Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    The dub in general is good but yes, I'm assuming that there isn't a wild drop off in quality with Strong World as well.

I haven't heard much of the dub, but from what I have heard it was kind of cringe worthy. Either that or the voice work seemed kind of bland and/or too obvious. The delivery seems kind of awkward in some places as well.

I'm thinking of this clip in particular;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=venlw2_r6AA

Lucid on
  • Options
    Hmm I wonder.
    If this manga spoiler is true then that very surprising since so much happens in this upcoming chapter.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Watching whitebeard war because I ran out of post time skip episodes

Holy fuck robin is so off model in her episodes . Its really weird.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    They had a different team animating those episodes. Everything is too different about it.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I want to live is so good that I have to watch it every time I see it posted.

Easily the best moment in One Piece, and probably one of my favorite moments in any sort of fiction.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Hey what do you know.
    The spoilers were right after all.

• Options
    Great chapter.

• Options
    I agree it was a great chapter.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Hey man, I know you didn't mean for them to take it like that, spectators are assh-
    "I'M POPULAR!"

Transporter on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Also
    Father was a King obsessed with Fire? Okay, Oda's trolling at this point with FemGlad

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Lucid wrote: »

I haven't heard much of the dub, but from what I have heard it was kind of cringe worthy. Either that or the voice work seemed kind of bland and/or too obvious. The delivery seems kind of awkward in some places as well.

I'm thinking of this clip in particular;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=venlw2_r6AA

The generic flashback guys were pretty meh but Robin's VA does a great job.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Great chapter with some awesome revelations but...
    I really hope that Cavendish doesn't bail Rebecca out during the match and at the least forms a tag team with her.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    The dub version of I want to live is bone chilling.

• Options
    LucidLucid Registered User regular
    I thought it was kind of like the voice acting equivalent of chewing the scenery.

• Options
    Lucid wrote: »
    I thought it was kind of like the voice acting equivalent of chewing the scenery.

But that's exactly what that scene called for.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Hold up, a thought just occurred in regards to the newest chapter.
    If Doflamingo's a Celestial Dragon, then how did he get a bounty in the first place?

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Zython wrote: »
    Hold up, a thought just occurred in regards to the newest chapter.
    If Doflamingo's a Celestial Dragon, then how did he get a bounty in the first place?
    I assume he went on his own as a child and used an alias while earning his bounty.

• Options
    regarding Dolfy:
    I believe he is actively working against the World Nobles. His entire goal seems to be to bring down the Establishment. He may even end up an ally to Luffy against the WG kinda like Croc turned out to be.

This discussion has been closed.