As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PMs taking a long time to be sent?

GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
I did a search and read through the help file, couldn't find anything about this. Whenever I send a PM, it takes at least 10-12 hours for it to actually move from my outbox to my sentbox. I could be crazy, but I swear I remember it sending them pretty quickly when I sent them a few months ago.

Does being in the Outbox mean it has been sent anyway, or am I missing something?

Ganluan on

Posts

  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2004
    stryker116 wrote:
    I did a search and read through the help file, couldn't find anything about this. Whenever I send a PM, it takes at least 10-12 hours for it to actually move from my outbox to my sentbox. I could be crazy, but I swear I remember it sending them pretty quickly when I sent them a few months ago.

    Does being in the Outbox mean it has been sent anyway, or am I missing something?

    It's moved when the person actually checks their PMs. Try sending your messages to people who aren't slackers.

    A duck! on
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2004
    For instance, I have a PM in my Outbox from November of last year.

    A duck! on
  • GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    A duck! wrote:
    stryker116 wrote:
    I did a search and read through the help file, couldn't find anything about this. Whenever I send a PM, it takes at least 10-12 hours for it to actually move from my outbox to my sentbox. I could be crazy, but I swear I remember it sending them pretty quickly when I sent them a few months ago.

    Does being in the Outbox mean it has been sent anyway, or am I missing something?

    It's moved when the person actually checks their PMs. Try sending your messages to people who aren't slackers.

    :D That makes sense. But to check it do they just need to be logged in, or do they specifically have to go to their PM inbox. I've been told I've received a PM while browsing, and I've seen the people I've sent them to online when I send them.

    Ganluan on
  • RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited August 2004
    When they actually open it to read it is when it moves from Outbox to Sentbox. Up until that time, the sender can edit it, or delete it. After it is moved to the Sentbox you can still delete it, but the receiver is now looking at a copy, so it is not affected.


    Off-Topic: Do I win for oldest PM still in my Outbox? I have one from Jul 22, 2003 asking R7X3 if he had quit being a moderator without telling me. He hasn't come in to read that PM yet, so I'm still not sure if he quit or not :?

    Ramius on
  • Red Machine DRed Machine D __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2004
    Ramius wrote:
    Off-Topic: Do I win for oldest PM still in my Outbox? I have one from Jul 22, 2003 asking R7X3 if he had quit being a moderator without telling me. He hasn't come in to read that PM yet, so I'm still not sure if he quit or not :?
    All signs point to "yes". Because, damn, if a guy didn't come into the office for just over a year, you'd think he'd quit and just didn't bother to tell anyone.

    Red Machine D on
  • KroenenKroenen Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Ramius wrote:
    Off-Topic: Do I win for oldest PM still in my Outbox? I have one from Jul 22, 2003 asking R7X3 if he had quit being a moderator without telling me. He hasn't come in to read that PM yet, so I'm still not sure if he quit or not :?

    All signs point to "yes". Because, damn, if a guy didn't come into the office for just over a year, you'd think he'd quit and just didn't bother to tell anyone.

    He may have been abducted by some aliens. Or...just quit. You never can tell, really.

    Kroenen on
Sign In or Register to comment.