As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

C is for [chat]

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Dammit, where is skippy.

I gotta get my LoL on.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    hmm my boyfriend is about to come home. i'm fig leafed by my laptop and playing LoL

now all the cards are on the table

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I feel kind of sad for serial alt makers. It's like holy shit, can't you find someplace that accepts you for the kind of serially lying weirdo that you are?

but on balance I am glad that most of our current alt problems are just oneshots who think banning them over and over again is somehow going to tire the the mod staff

Mjolnir.jpg

sig.gif
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, the 360 mega thread, which was already in the shithouse with the mods, was killed with fire because we went on a 7 page diatribe about Ketchup Chips.

Such behaviors were frowned upon in G&T, imagine that.

See those side conversations were the sort of shit that Alphamonkey and I wanted to curb out of G&T threads with the chat thread. Back then people were really into sticking to their subforum so we were like, "here, a thread for our little part of the community." And then over the years it quickly became a post-fast thing. Which I admit to participating in. And it was probably the one time on the forum where thread-xenophobia actually happened. Non-regulars were (no hyperbole) greeted with hostility. It became a shit-fest.

Nowadays I think there's an effort to get forumers to go around to the multiple subsections which is way better.
    The writing was on the wall for a while though that the mods were going to axe the megathreads, and Raijin Quickfoot (moar leik DICKFOOT) warned me that the 360 thread was on borrowed time (and I think he got in trouble for that) which let me throw something quick together for the soon to be displaced community.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Let us not get too mean with our recollections, we lost chat over this once

And I had to

ugh

post in topical threads for a day

For now I think it's mostly nostalgia

I will stop is asked though

just couldn't believe it when I saw KatchemAsh elsewhere up to the same old tricks

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    I'm on the light rail I think

I text skippy and sig but no response

Funny how desc and ppups tho they right in this thread

what the shit train am I even taking and shit tomorrow

Idk probably
    It's what google said to do and it was right outside the airport and skip and sig haven't responded to me yet so I am taking it

Ppl have their bags on seats like dicks and I am standing

poo
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I hate that there's a lot of names on the forum that have come and gone and I forget some of them. It makes me feel guilty.

Yea, I havent been on Vent in a year or 2.

Just not something I have time for anymore, which is sad.

Remember when Bagel ran Vent?

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I beat Mirror's Edge.

Enjoyable game, it was definitely unique. But I really wish I had had a controller to play it with instead of kbam.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I am pumped for next pax east

Everyone go

i literally cured your social anxiety with love

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    I feel kind of sad for serial alt makers. It's like holy shit, can't you find someplace that accepts you for the kind of serially lying weirdo that you are?

but on balance I am glad that most of our current alt problems are just oneshots who think banning them over and over again is somehow going to tire the the mod staff

It's been a really long time since I've seen any shock images. Is that just me, or has that become not a thing?

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Gim wrote: »
    unjustly labeled as a cow fucker

I'm sorry, what

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    If I remember correctly, the 360 mega thread, which was already in the shithouse with the mods, was killed with fire because we went on a 7 page diatribe about Ketchup Chips.

See those side conversations were the sort of shit that Alphamonkey and I wanted to curb out of G&T threads with the chat thread. Back then people were really into sticking to their subforum so we were like, "here, a thread for our little part of the community." And then over the years it quickly became a post-fast thing. Which I admit to participating in. And it was probably the one time on the forum where thread-xenophobia actually happened. Non-regulars were (no hyperbole) greeted with hostility. It became a shit-fest.

Nowadays I think there's an effort to get forumers to go around to the multiple subsections which is way better.

I want to say I agree but I cant

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Dammit, where is skippy.

I gotta get my LoL on.

...what?

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    Out of all of the departed posters, the one I miss the most is Casket. Dude was a ray of sunshine every day of the week.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Shivahn wrote: »

If you do get tired get Icy to make it into a space invaders game where you have to shoot down their avatar to ban, and then it crashes and burns and a little stick figure runs around on fire.

This is how mod tools should be.

@IcyLiquid

• Options

Mjolnir.jpg

rdIdpBX.jpg

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    I beat Mirror's Edge.

Enjoyable game, it was definitely unique. But I really wish I had had a controller to play it with instead of kbam.

I'm gonna get myself a wired 360 controller at some point for those situation.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Gim wrote: »
    unjustly labeled as a cow fucker

I'm sorry, what

this seems like an Eli moment

sig.gif
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Let us not get too mean with our recollections, we lost chat over this once

And I had to

ugh

post in topical threads for a day

For now I think it's mostly nostalgia

I will stop is asked though

just couldn't believe it when I saw KatchemAsh elsewhere up to the same old tricks

Yeah it's just a tricky line to gauge is all

SECRETLY I JUST FEEL LEFT OUT BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW ANY OF THESE PEOPLE

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I beat Mirror's Edge.

I just played through this again last week. I really hope we get more of this kind of thing.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

Everyone go

You rohypnol'ed my genius mixture of rum triple sec and water

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

I want to say I agree but I cant

Well I try to make the effort at any rate. I direct people to G&T, D&D and H/A and sometimes SE++ whenever I can. I'd do the other places too but I don't run into many posts that would require that.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I hate that there's a lot of names on the forum that have come and gone and I forget some of them. It makes me feel guilty.

Sometimes it annoys me that some folk have heard me talking in guy mode.

This is why I never ever voice chat.

Too afraid. Too much to hide.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

Remember when Bagel ran Vent?

I rememebr Bagel crank calling Gabe

so yes.

• Options
    hmm my boyfriend is about to come home. i'm fig leafed by my laptop and playing LoL

now all the cards are on the table

Hey baby a recent study showed that the increased incidence of resting hot laptops on my weewee is affecting my little soldiers even through my jeans

doesn't my cavalier attitude to this information excite you

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited September 2013
    Gosling wrote: »
    From my non-mod perspective, I think Oboro was by far the most anguished, reluctant banning the mods have ever done here. Cases like hers are why they don't do the pithy ban announcements anymore.

honestly it's really more about laziness. the ban thread was only ever infrequently updated anyway.

the mods don't get particularly worked up about bannings. we talk about them and make sure there's a general consensus but we've all banned people we personally like and it really ain't no thing

I mean, it's a forum. it's not like murdering someone. it's more just showing a rowdy friend the door.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    all my gadgets are downstairs charging except for my ipod

i have no idea what i did with that thing

havent thought about it in like 2 weeks

sig.gif
  • Options
    Dammit, where is skippy.

I gotta get my LoL on.

...what?

Stop playing Lol!

• Options
    I'm on the light rail I think

I text skippy and sig but no response

Funny how desc and ppups tho they right in this thread

what the shit train am I even taking and shit tomorrow

Idk probably
    It's what google said to do and it was right outside the airport and skip and sig haven't responded to me yet so I am taking it

Ppl have their bags on seats like dicks and I am standing

why did I book a flight at 7:33 am without thinking about it

am I a fucking moron

• Options
    edited September 2013
    edit: ocelot butts

desc on
  • Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    VH, get on earlier when it's not my bed time. :P
    Although, you get me all of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, because I will probably be bored out of my mind.
    I may even do some arts and crafts.

• Options
    Now that's a post I can agree with twice

1130 mofo

sig.gif
  • Options

I would understand that if you two were speaking to strangers but among follow forumers you shouldn't be shy! :D

• Options
    Gosling wrote: »
    From my non-mod perspective, I think Oboro was by far the most anguished, reluctant banning the mods have ever done here. Cases like hers are why they don't do the pithy ban announcements anymore.

honestly it's really more about laziness. the ban thread was only ever infrequently updated anyway.

the mods don't get particularly worked up about bannings. we talk about them and make sure there's a general consensus but we've all banned people we personally like and it really ain't no thing

I mean, it's a forum. it's not like murdering someone. it's more just showing a rowdy friend the door.

GO HOME [inserthandlehere] YOU'RE DRUNK

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »

Everyone go

You rohypnol'ed my genius mixture of rum triple sec and water

jake when do we get to drink and be foolish together :c

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

If you do get tired get Icy to make it into a space invaders game where you have to shoot down their avatar to ban, and then it crashes and burns and a little stick figure runs around on fire.

This is how mod tools should be.

@IcyLiquid

Oh shit I just developed a model that heavily incentivizes trying to ban people

• Options

I would understand that if you two were speaking to strangers but among follow forumers you shouldn't be shy! :D

:|

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    This train is pretty slow tho it's gonna take me like 40 more mins to get where I'm going

Hopefully in that time one of those jackals will respond so I am not abandoned

poo
  • Options
    Now that's a post I can agree with twice

1130 mofo

we already know you're smarter than me

i'm tipsy

I guess I should pack now?

This discussion has been closed.