As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF Phalla Signup List

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    Hmm thinking about it, the easiest way would probably be to set up some google form to log actions, using a password instead of username for accountability, which would let you sort out the actions in the order they were received. Use some conditional formatting to highlight repeat submissions from the same password, and just go down the list resolving actions manually.

Export the spreadsheet and write a java program that can consume the data and do the action resolving automatically

I mean, the problem is the exotic attacks (powers), if it was just a matter of adding up attacks, you'd just count the block as a +1 health (if attacked) and add up the attacks per person, like the vote counts. Oh, but then people die before their attacks are proc-ed. Yeah, you'd probably need to do something a bit more complicated.

On the plus side, having a program to autoresolve actions would help a lot when doing balance runs. Just do dicerolls, and simulate some basic organizational hits/no hits for mason/mafia, and you could easily cut down the amount of simulations you'd need to run by a whole order of magnitude.

(I wish I knew how to program something like that (What I really want, though, is phyphor's vote counter))

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Guys... I'm not smart enough for that stuff. I was just planning on manually doing all that. You guys are talking about programming and binary code and the Matrix.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I do all my (overly?) complicated games by hand, for the first night give yourself plenty of time to spreadsheet.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Hmm thinking about it, the easiest way would probably be to set up some google form to log actions, using a password instead of username for accountability, which would let you sort out the actions in the order they were received. Use some conditional formatting to highlight repeat submissions from the same password, and just go down the list resolving actions manually.

All joking aside, and as a fellow code-illiterate, this method probably just involves reading Google's instructions and some trial and error.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    If you want to host a phalla you must first create the universe.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Guys... I'm not smart enough for that stuff. I was just planning on manually doing all that. You guys are talking about programming and binary code and the Matrix.

Well looking for someone who is literate in that stuff to help co host might not be a bad idea.

Unless you really want to run it right now.

• Options
    Oh god, I'm not running it right now. I've done 10 minutes of brainstorming and an hour of playing MKX. Give me a few weeks before I even think about co-hosting.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    I never really like real-world-time based actions, personally

I did this for one phalla, which was complicated enough, but the real time aspect was absurdly rough on me.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Grunt, come find me when you decide you want to do this.

This is very similar to code that I am writing in hopes of hosting the idea I mentioned to you, and if I can get the scripting done, it would be pretty easy to start using that for something like this

• Options
    I'll hit you up in PMs about the concept I'm working on. Watching The Flash right now so I'm busy.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    So hey, I am crazy busy and thus haven't worked enough on the statblock rewrite for some time, but I still have that functioning PHA/LLA code, and I did reuse it to run a forum game, Iteration 1.

Time for an Iteration 2? If someone(s) want to organize and design the game that fits within the boundaries, I can code and host it I think.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Would it work for a conversion game? I have the concept, but haven't gotten the number crunching done yet.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Would it work for a conversion game? I have the concept, but haven't gotten the number crunching done yet.

My favourite part of the original PHA/LLA was @Burnage and the church, which was cult conversion faction.

So yes.

Have had some interest and perhaps a multi-host game would be in the cards. Big blockbuster game!

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »

My favourite part of the original PHA/LLA was @Burnage and the church, which was cult conversion faction.

So yes.

Have had some interest and perhaps a multi-host game would be in the cards. Big blockbuster game!

Guess you need to hit me up, then. 8-)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I have an idea that's been percolating for months now and as of next week I will have time to run things, so I might want in on the queue insofar as there is one, as well.

• Options
    My MGSV phalla will remain its own thing, but I'm down for helping with whatever comes from the PHA/LLA project.

Still ironing out the groundwork. It'll be a main, maybe in a few weeks' time as the queue allows.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

FWIW, that was my way of offering to help make something for you if you wanted it

• Options
    Austin is working on something right now that looks pretty rad. I'm working on grabbing a list of characters and making sure I have an equal number of Earthrealmers, Neatherrealmers, and Outworlders after I pick my mafia Kombatants.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Infidel wrote: »
    So hey, I am crazy busy and thus haven't worked enough on the statblock rewrite for some time, but I still have that functioning PHA/LLA code, and I did reuse it to run a forum game, Iteration 1.

Time for an Iteration 2? If someone(s) want to organize and design the game that fits within the boundaries, I can code and host it I think.

I still liked the idea of Inception within the PHA/LLA verse.

Egos on
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    do a game now

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    do a game now

Pure vanilla mini with a weird vote close acceptable?

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    do a game now

do a game now

edit: Unless doing a game will remove attention from the human spawn, in which case, human spawn is probably more important.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    do a game now

do a game now

edit: Unless doing a game will remove attention from the human spawn, in which case, human spawn is probably more important.
    But only because we need more players.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Is there actually a waiting list to run Phallae these days? I have some free-ish time soon and ideas...

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Is there actually a waiting list to run Phallae these days? I have some free-ish time soon and ideas...

It's more of a waiting list to sit there for days trying to fill up. That said, go for it

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I can toss together a vanilla mini game this arvo, once I get back from getting the baby her vaccines.

If people are interested I can likely have a game up in say.... 4ish hours?

• Options
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I wish I could find the time to run a game. It has been over a year, but we've moved out of state, got new jobs and have an 18 month old running around.

One day perhaps, I will find that time!

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    I was delving into my email archives last night for some RPG and found my old [Phalla]noia notes.

I must say, it is crazy, but almost complete and crazy enough to be a great time. I think might try and finish writing it up and start shopping it around for a co-host cause I would die if I tried to run this myself

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Yo. I'll have a 30-person mini ready by the middle of next week or so. I will label it an 'experimental phalla' because it's crazy. But, notably, it's a different crazy than my previous two phallas; it will be focused on soft networking and cooperation, not rule changes. If my automation works, it will be a small load on me, which will be nice since the last two dominated my life while I ran them.

• Options
    Vanilla Mini is over with flawless Mafia victory.

• Options
    Judging reaction/desire for me to run another mini, similar to the first, but with slightly more complex roles. Same player base, maybe up out to 25, add in a few not quite traditional roles. As a means to up the newbie experience without tossing people into a shark pit

• Options
    A second "newbie" mini phalla has appeared

• Options
    @invictus still doing a thing?

Ahavas thing has been postponed.

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Ahavas thing has been postponed.

Only till Monday

• Options
    Feels like forever :(

• Options
    I am still doing a thing. I will open signups when Ahava's game is done; I'm glad to see phalla pulling more interest again.

• Options
    We can do two minis at the same time. Technically.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    And my Axe main!

Nah, I'm on break. But I'm working on something.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Since there's no such thing as too much V:TM, planning out a possible mini. It remains to be seen whether it's going traditional or full-on Gehenna tier(i.e. pick your own disciplines) insanity.

wVEsyIc.png