As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF Phalla Signup List

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I think he more meant that there could be one leading up to Halloween and one after.

well, that's what I was thinking

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I mean, technically a mini and main can be run at the same time...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    I mean, technically a mini and main can be run at the same time...

Technically a main and two minis are allowed by the rules. Just the player base that is lacking heart

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Before I put anymore work into this (meaning, before I write up narrations...probably should have asked before I wrote all the scripting), I want to get an idea of interest level.

Thinking of running a mini of sorts, more in a simplified mechanics but player count-wise it can handle any number.

I've built a Fantasy Football type game for Phalla, where people pick a roster of players from a set player list (with individual stats) that then run an automated game to determine the ending/death order/points/etc... There are some small things I have right now to keep it Phalla (still a vote, still a mafia, still some special roles) but it's not the typical Phalla game of survival.

Would people actually be interested in playing this type of game?

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Can it be final fantasy football?

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Can it be final fantasy football blitzball?

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    If we're interested in putting on mini-phallas, I've been kicking around an idea for a game that might need roughly 10 people to run...

• Options
    If we're interested in putting on mini-phallas, I've been kicking around an idea for a game that might need roughly 10 people to run...

• Options

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    So is that a 30 person game then? That's pretty standard Burnage.
    Before I put anymore work into this (meaning, before I write up narrations...probably should have asked before I wrote all the scripting), I want to get an idea of interest level.

Thinking of running a mini of sorts, more in a simplified mechanics but player count-wise it can handle any number.

I've built a Fantasy Football type game for Phalla, where people pick a roster of players from a set player list (with individual stats) that then run an automated game to determine the ending/death order/points/etc... There are some small things I have right now to keep it Phalla (still a vote, still a mafia, still some special roles) but it's not the typical Phalla game of survival.

Would people actually be interested in playing this type of game?

I'm not telling you to not run it as a phalla, but if the vote mafia and special roles are taking away from the game rather than helping it, you can always run it as just a forum game.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Guys, I think Burnage wants to run a game

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Or maybe three games.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Or maybe the same game, three times, simultaneously, with events in one game affecting players in another.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Or maybe the same game, three times, simultaneously, with events in one game affecting players in another.

Now, does that really sound like the kind of thing that I'd do?

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I'm not telling you to not run it as a phalla, but if the vote mafia and special roles are taking away from the game rather than helping it, you can always run it as just a forum game.

That's a good point. I don't think they take away from the game directly, as they aren't removing people from the game, but rather impacting the roster players to possibly swing the end results of each day a little differently than they would have normally.

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »

Now, does that really sound like the kind of thing that I'd do?

You're right, it does sound a little boring for you.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Who did the completely insane and almost impossible to follow time travel game?

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Can you be more specific? I can think of at least three games involving time travel that were hard to follow.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Wait, Burnage.

Do you mean it needs 10 players

...or, as you actually said, 10 people to run? D:

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Can you be more specific? I can think of at least three games involving time travel that were hard to follow.

With 10 people each, run simultaneously?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

With 10 people each, run simultaneously?

The Chronicles Of Phallomanci

Each player is a parallel version of a player in one of the other games. Some players might be parallel versions of themselves. Your powers weaken when your parallel selves die.

• Options
    I would play Jet Li's The One phalla.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

Probably me

Are you thinking about the one where people had to put in orders for every future day and then the game itself jumped to different days of the phalla which also corresponded to a history of world war 3 (that also changed based on the game) and if the game jumped to a previous day where you are alive then you are alive again and vice versa?

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

Probably me

Are you thinking about the one where people had to put in orders for every future day and then the game itself jumped to different days of the phalla which also corresponded to a history of world war 3 (that also changed based on the game) and if the game jumped to a previous day where you are alive then you are alive again and vice versa?

How do you know if the game ever ended?

• Options
    We didn't know.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

Probably me

Permanent death (vigs, vote, etc) essentially "locked you out of the timestream", meaning that all your past and future decisions (vote, orders) were locked in place/unchangeable and you could no longer participate in the thread. So the game ended when either all the mafia were dead temporarily or they were all locked out of the timestream. Mafia won if they outnumbered the village (either temporarily or in the timestream)

Yes, very confusing.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/178678/phalla-time-wars-jump-10-america-loses-the-war-mafia-victory/p1

• Options
    Now I want to find a way to make a game based on the results of all the games in a year, or the last couple of months.

• Options
    TIMECUBE

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sometimes I wanna make a Oglala of all the Oglala ideas I've ever thought of running.

Oh god this halls would have to be part of its own Oglala.

It's Pallas all the way down!

• Options
    Y'know autocorrect, sometimes you really bug me.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Now I want to find a way to make a game based on the results of all the games in a year, or the last couple of months.

That sounds like it would be a major pain in the ass, unless it's your job.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Probably me

Permanent death (vigs, vote, etc) essentially "locked you out of the timestream", meaning that all your past and future decisions (vote, orders) were locked in place/unchangeable and you could no longer participate in the thread. So the game ended when either all the mafia were dead temporarily or they were all locked out of the timestream. Mafia won if they outnumbered the village (either temporarily or in the timestream)

Yes, very confusing.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/178678/phalla-time-wars-jump-10-america-loses-the-war-mafia-victory/p1

Sometimes I wish I could remember past games...

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    I have been considering running a game for awhile where the roles are indeterminate, chosen from (say) a thousand hypothetical distributions of roles, and only when someone is voted off do we learn what their role is, and that eliminates every variation of the game that doesn't have that person in that role. The game continues as normal, with results (except the vote) given in percentages until the remaining variations determine whether (say) someone is dead, or someone turns out to be the seer.

I saw a description of this idea somewhere, and it's stuck with me--maybe it's called quantum werewolf? My worry is that I'd be the only one who enjoyed it; pretty sure the strategy would be...complicated.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Invictus wrote: »
    I have been considering running a game for awhile where the roles are indeterminate, chosen from (say) a thousand hypothetical distributions of roles, and only when someone is voted off do we learn what their role is, and that eliminates every variation of the game that doesn't have that person in that role. The game continues as normal, with results (except the vote) given in percentages until the remaining variations determine whether (say) someone is dead, or someone turns out to be the seer.

I saw a description of this idea somewhere, and it's stuck with me--maybe it's called quantum werewolf? My worry is that I'd be the only one who enjoyed it; pretty sure the strategy would be...complicated.

The idea of ridiculous rules sets excites me...

That came out awkwardly, but I'll let it sit as it is.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited October 2016

So what...
    When someone is voted off and they turn out to be the vig through a die roll, all their pending orders kill off the remaining players?

And who decides the mafia kill?

discrider on
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    When you give orders at night, you don't know whether you're shooting them, scrying them, or guarding them? That sounds...interesting

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »

So what...
    When someone is voted off and they turn out to be the vig through a die roll, all their pending orders kill off the remaining players?

Everyone who might be the vig sends in a kill order every night. when someone turns out to be the vig, all the people they vigged die.
    Fry wrote: »
    When you give orders at night, you don't know whether you're shooting them, scrying them, or guarding them? That sounds...interesting

Well, the way I was intending to run it would probably start off very simple, maybe not even with a vig. But if there were vigs and seers, you'd send in separate orders for seering and vigging, and they would only matter if you turned out to be the seer or the vig.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Wait, I could see how the vig, and guard, would work posthumously. But how would a seer work like that?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    discrider wrote: »

So what...

Everyone who might be the vig sends in a kill order every night. when someone turns out to be the vig, all the people they vigged die.
    Fry wrote: »

Well, the way I was intending to run it would probably start off very simple, maybe not even with a vig. But if there were vigs and seers, you'd send in separate orders for seering and vigging, and they would only matter if you turned out to be the seer or the vig.

Not a criticism, an exploration of this concept:

Consider the following scenario:

WACriminal, Brody, and ObiFett are playing (amidst an arbitrarily large group of players).

WACriminal sends in a vig order on Day 1 targeting ObiFett because HE NEEDS TO DIE SOMETIME, HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT.

On Day 2, WACriminal is voted out and the probability waveform collapses, determining him to be the vig. ObiFett dies.

However. On Day 1, Brody sent in a guard order protecting ObiFett. On Day 3, after Obi is already dead and his alignment/role revealed, Brody is voted out and the probability waveform collapses, determining him to be the guard.

In this instance, is Obi resurrected? Because god knows we need more of that happening. :lol:

• Options
    This sounds almost as good as Burnage running three games simultaneously.