As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's *All* Play [Star Wars: The Old Republic] Let the hate bro through you.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Harkun seems unimpressed with the Sith holocron.
    It's amusing how he accuses me of either faking it or stealing a different holocron from the library, but then pockets it in the same breath.

You petty asshole.

VpXSKuS.jpg

BRING IT MOTHERFUCKER!

AE8No2K.jpg

Oooooh, you meant Gerr, a fellow apprentice. Can't say I knew him.

Ya know, I wonder what they do with dead bodies on Korriban? I mean, I doubt they bury them. Maybe they do or perhaps cremate them. I think they just toss them down to feed k'lor'slugs.

Anyhow, Ffon is lucky that he didn't attack me, cause...

YT1ypKT.jpg

Now for my fourth Trial: The last, darkest secrets of Tulak Hord are buried in his tomb. Lord Zash wants his text. But the final resting place of the dead lord is not easily blahblahblahHodor?blahblah...

phtajk6.jpg

nNrPEye.jpg?1

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Prologue Part 2
    Korriban

I met this fellow inside the Academy while I was on the way out.
    Lord Abaron is basically like Hitler, but with a very charming, dulcet voice that just melts my insides when I hear it.

H7zN3uU.jpg

He gave me a device to find "impurities" in the Academy Overseers. As a human slave, I find his attitude a bit offensive, I even gave some mild argument. However this seems like a good way to cause some strife in the Sith ranks. If Abaron manages to oust a few Overseers and weaken the Sith infrastructure, then why shouldn't I help him?

Anyhow, I scanned all of the Overseers and very few had Sith blood and only one of them had the red markings of a pureblood.

Codex Entry - Sith Pureblood
    Although the name “Sith” is now used by the order of Force users who call upon the dark side, the term originally referred to a Force-sensitive species of red-skinned humanoids. The term “Sith pureblood” is now used to distinguish between those descended from the species and the order itself.

The Sith species was discovered three thousand years ago on Korriban by exiled human Dark Jedi fleeing Republic space after their defeat in a war called the Second Great Schism. The Dark Jedi quickly enslaved the primitive culture, and over many generations, the two groups intermingled.

Eventually, the elite ruling class of Korriban consisted almost exclusively of the hybridized offspring of the Dark Jedi and the high priests of the Sith people. These offspring tended to exhibit the physical characteristics of their Sith parentage, such as red skin, yellow eyes, bony protrusions on the face or head, and fleshy tendrils dangling from the cheeks and chin. For a brief time, Sith blood was seen as a sign of weakness–but the modern Empire believes purity of heritage carries the strength of the Force.

Genetically speaking, true “pureblood” Sith are virtually extinct, but red skin is still the mark of an Imperial–almost always a Force user–who can trace his or her ancestry into antiquity.

gAmTk4B.jpg

He seems less than pleased. Not that I give a Sith shit what he cares about.

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Welp, here goes nothing. Warning: it may be a LITTLE more image-intensive then Mild's as I plan to make it more informative. Feel free to yell at me if it's too much as well as any other mistake I've made.
    Let's start at the character creation screen.

HCAZVjo.jpg

Each side has four basic classes to choose from. We'll be picking the Bounty Hunter, the character that works for the Empire because they pay the skills for his bills. Republic-side covers this with the Smuggler.

Y8l7SaL.jpg

Then we pick a race. F2Pers and Preferred players only have access to three races; Humans, Zabrak (Darth Maul's race) and Cyborg (AKA humans with metal on their faces). Subscribers have access to two more for the Bounty Hunter; Chiss (Admiral Thrawn's blue-skinned race) and Rattataki (always-bald grey-skinned folk with black markings). Luckily for me, I have an extra option in the form of the Cathar, a race formally seen as NPCs in the game but added as a playable one post 2.0 patch. Their unlock option is the only one too that's account-wide unlike the other races which only affects the server you use it on. The Cathar by the way aren't new to Star Wars as KOTOR had one as a party member.
    3wXk3Fo.jpg
    1GTH1KQ.jpg

Yeah, story-wise, a Cathar Bounty Hunter working for the Empire is weird but screw it.

cYinNVL.jpg?1

The random look the game puts together doesn't really do it for me.

N5BpqxU.jpg

Ahhh, much better. Playable Cathar do come with several options to set them apart from their NPC brethren who tend to look pretty much like the picture in the Codex entry. It still feels somewhat limited to me compared to other races. My best guess is that Bioware's waiting for the right time to sell an appearance-additions package much like they have for Humans and Chiss characters. Ah well, time to jump in!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6xPvt1seZs

xgMnsFR.jpgHunting In Hutta - Part 1

r7hlhEr.jpg

It's always sunny in Hutta.

F3iHI1q.jpg
    y1xBWXl.jpg

Nice to stretch one's legs after sitting in a small ship like that for what seems like an eternity.

W4U8If0.jpg

Look out, scum and villainy.

4mkMAnh.jpg

This tiger's on the beat.

yKOTYQ6.jpg

...yeah, that sounded so much better in my head.

Two minutes later...
    mpIouUe.jpg

This looks to be the right place.

nobswJO.jpg

Really screams five-stars rating, don't it.

200LAwT.jpg

Let's see what this pad I pulled out of nowhere says about where I'm at.
    a3p2dW2.jpg

Mmhmm, craphole town...

ywFc5Hi.jpg

...and puke-green planet. Great.

18HtOB6.jpg

We all have to start out small. And yes, enjoy the 'backpack' I'm wearing as it's pretty much a staple of Bounty Hunter chest-armor.

QB2KynT.jpg
    AUNDpyU.jpg

Rejoice for I have arrived to deliver you all unto glory!

UCwBbkt.jpg

This guy gets it. He's also the reason why we're here.
    QjEyNeS.jpg

Nok Drayen. Pffft, sounds like a real punk.
    He is.

whX8Jw3.jpg
    lKjpnzX.jpg

Just don't expect me to pay 'my team' yet. Spent my last galactic dime on a cheap gun and cheaper shuttle seat to get here. And I think this suit's more wool then blasterproof-material.

Hp7lNV4.jpg

Mako's filling the role of 'spunky hacker-girl' for the story and yes, they have a space-Internet in the story. Why? Because shut up.

pIMS0gD.jpg
    t5Rlm3y.jpg

Look at this smooth mofo. I see him going places as my muscle. Like Tauntaun Bell, McBantha's, Starbucks...

TOFyE7p.jpg

Gah, why am I making such a skeevy face?! Bad Cris, bad!

TpTOLcq.jpg

Yes, let's get to brass tacks. We've been called down here since Braden wants to get some lasting fame by being the man behind a Grand Hunt Champion. What's the Grand Hunt? Basically a big ol' semi-legal contest run for bounty hunters from all callings for big fame and bigger stacks of cash.

1eDjQM4.jpg

I'm going to have to think of a good name when I win. It has to be really special to beat 'The Defenestrator'.

4iPr0hT.jpg
    iEb8DbV.jpg

What Mandalorians (for the rare person who's reading through this thread and somehow hasn't heard of Boba Fett before) will be covered later. What I can spoil now is that they're the guys behind the Hunt. As for a crime-lord to cozy up to, we've got this town's boss, Nem'ro The Hutt.

fD38S2D.jpg

First step: take down a big local bounty to boost our rep. While we're doing that, Mako will do the same by spreading whopping big lies about our successful hunting offworld on the Internet in case anyone checks. Once that's done, Braden can get us an appointment to see Nem'ro.

MAHv4RX.jpg
    puw73mS.jpg

Yes, because when I need fast cash, it's always best to start with robbing British space-Nazis.

9GkKNkY.jpg

By that, Mako means that in the five minutes we've been meetin' and greetin', a huge fight's broken out right outside the space-tavern between Nem'ro's flunkies and the flunkies of a rival fat Hutt.

1aJ3E0L.jpg

Not to mention the ten or twenty guys between here and there. Depends on the mission I'll get later.

8aUmyht.jpg

We're now free to wander about in and out of the Poison Pit Cantina and test just how flimsy our starting gear is. First though...

wM6pwRb.jpg

Ahhh, better. The game has some different preset UI formats saved as well as a customizer option for those that have a particular viewpoint of the world. You'll notice I added a third row of slots on the side. The number of rows for abilities you can bust out depends on your player status. Subscribers get the full six, Preferred get four and F2Pers get two. That F2P limit can be pretty painful as some classes get a whole lot of abilities tossed at them without any care if the player has space for them on their UI or not.

kmTTVES.jpg
    9dTDZRk.jpg

Anyway, on our way out the door we run into a charming fellow by the name of Lew Brell, a former associate of Nem'ro's gang who's willing to help our reputation some around town. Not out of the kindness of his heart though.

xIIjkkm.jpg

It seems like working with Nem'ro runs in the family as his little brother joined up too. However, while Lew was able to leave the gang-life, his brother failed to do it as cleanly. Now he's locked up with other wanna-be quitters unless someone can shoot their way through the gunfire already in the streets and talk to Lew's old friend Rex. Which we can do.

WKsKL4H.jpg

For a price that is. Fortunately for the brother, Lew's a decent enough guy to pony up the cash as well as the rep-boost for his freedom.

HkufRl4.jpg

Well this has been running on pretty long for a first post so let's en-

WgWXOzy.jpg

Oh goddammit!

xrj3MMT.jpg
    TUiCWJf.jpg

Ok, ok, jeez. If you're going to guilt-trip me, just play your stupid message...

NPKnlPJ.jpg

So this is Nem'ro, speaking with the same voice all Hutts in the game have to share. He's basically putting out an open bounty on the crew of Fa'athra, the rival Hutt I mentioned earlier. As we're a little better prepared then the bums and tourists expected to hear the message, it shouldn't be too hard to put down some of Fa'athra's men while we're attending to our errands.

iwGBvrA.jpg

FINALLY, sweet, sweet air of freedom....yeah, the air around here sucks. Anyway, if you want to see more, let me know and I'll be glad to show off more of Hutta's many dirty wonders.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Finally slogged through the Dark Temple stuff on Imperial Agent, got my bomb-ass ship and ready to get the fuck off Dromund Kaas

I'm debating if I want to go back and do a couple of the heroic missions before I bail

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    I bought a couple months subscription for this (the non-recurring one) since I thought why not, I'm on a wow kick lately maybe i'll last two-months and play dude

Don't know what class to play, minus that i can't play a lady trooper since jennifer hale is going to take me right out of anything story related and im gonna do the exact thing i did when I saw Rudy for the first time and just make jokes about their other work

Gonna do a Jedi Consular, I think

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Finally slogged through the Dark Temple stuff on Imperial Agent, got my bomb-ass ship and ready to get the fuck off Dromund Kaas

I'm debating if I want to go back and do a couple of the heroic missions before I bail

Having done one of the heroic missions with a Sorcerer, I can tell you that you probably aren't missing anything worthwhile.

• Options
    Huntera wrote: »
    I bought a couple months subscription for this (the non-recurring one) since I thought why not, I'm on a wow kick lately maybe i'll last two-months and play dude

Don't know what class to play, minus that i can't play a lady trooper since jennifer hale is going to take me right out of anything story related and im gonna do the exact thing i did when I saw Rudy for the first time and just make jokes about their other work

Imperial Agent IMPERIAL AGENT
    after that Sith Inquisitor
    after that.... I would say Trooper but if you absolutely can't do that then maybe Jedi Knight or smuggler

so I hear, I haven't given smuggler a shot but people here seem to like it

• Options
    Overseer Ragate looks like my grandmother.
    Except Ragate is less bionic and evil.

V2IjIMm.jpg

Whatever, as long as it pays well.

Yajkr9j.jpg

Boooo!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

DSNhY31.jpg

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

txd95ob.jpg

:winky:

steam_sig.png

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Jedi Guardian for best class.

Just all like "haha you keep hitting me but I am IMMORTAL GOD KING AHAHAHA AHAHHAHA AHAHAHA" and force pushing people off cliffs.

• Options
    Oh man, what happened? I must have blacked out from all that sexy evil.
    Ok:

One skull? Check

Filled with blood? Check

Monsters all dead? Maybe. Don't care. Hope they kill the next person off.

OeTUEmU.jpg

Lies and slander! I'm like a puppy dog locked in a kitten cage; adorable.

She uses some Sith voodoo to look into the future and tells me to "beware the shadow-killer," but...

e0MHjbo.jpg

She doesn't know, how disappointing. :?

On the plus side, we finally found out where they put Gerr and Kory's bodies!

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Huntera wrote: »

Imperial Agent IMPERIAL AGENT
    after that Sith Inquisitor
    after that.... I would say Trooper but if you absolutely can't do that then maybe Jedi Knight or smuggler

so I hear, I haven't given smuggler a shot but people here seem to like it

I probably will do that trooper I made eventually but god

Gonna make femshep jokes the entire time I just know it

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Imperial Agent is excellent and if you have any doubts at all about what to play, gameplay wise, go agent and enjoy a story comparable to that of the KOTOR greatness

• Options
    Gonna shelve this Consular for later, then!

• Options
    Yeah, I haven't played Consular, but I hear that it's the most boring of all the stories.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    for some reason in this game they decided to double down on "jedis are space hippies" and it comes on strong in the Consular campaign

unbearable levels of predictable schlock

• Options
    I'm playing my consular totally dark side though

When you're still on Tython it mostly just results in people being really exasperated with you which is decently funny

• Options
    morality is so busted in this game

Did they at least make an update so that you can get Alignment gear for nuetral-ish characters as opposed to 100% light or dark?

I knew I was in for a ride when I got light side points for murdering slaves instead of poisoning them

• Options
    I'm not a fan of the light/dark side points either. I'm RPing a very resentful former slave. Most of my decisions are either to subvert the Empire or failing that, increase my own standing so that I can earn more power and prestige to subvert the Empire.

I remember on the Black Talon at the very end. You have two choices with the General: Kill him on the spot or capture him to be tortured and then killed later. Killing him is dark side points and capturing is light side, but in my mind, handing him over to not only be tortured, but also give some intel on Republic stuff is more evil than a mercy kill imo.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    this is why D&D's two-axis alignment system is better

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Do I really look that stupid?
    Inquisitor Uninth, whom is a Sith... well... Inquisitor, wants me to release a captured Jedi that she had brainwashed in order to spread misinformation in the Republic. She has some plan that will supposedly cause Outer Rim colonies to lower their defenses for an easy Sith conquest. Yeah, that's not stupid at all. In what world would a commander with even a single, half-functioning brain cell ever believe that someone whom just escaped from a Sith torture planet, would have actionable intelligence? "Oh, this lone Jedi said what? Let's send off all our planetary defenses then. Derp!"

Jedi cannot possibly be that stupid.

On the other hand, I did watch the prequels.

Ok, I'll do it, but how do I know you won't turn on me and accuse me of treason to cover your tracks, if this goes all pear shaped?

ZplJF1a.jpg

That's not really an answer, lady...

Screw it, you only live once.

The Jedi in question is named Quorian Dorjis. He really is that stupid.

He needs me to find his lightsaber, journal and comlink. That's it. He needs those in order to escape and he won't be able to leave without them.

XNdrLQI.jpg

What the fuck does that even mean?

Was a lightsaber and a smartphone too heavy for you? Really? Ug! Fucking Jedi! Remind me: Why am I trying to take down the Empire?

BjlOZ3L.jpg

Oh, that's right. The Empire uses slaves and I used to be one.

That Apprentice can go fuck off. Hope the mining droids kills the shit outta all of them.

8Rnot5y.jpg

Sup guys. Viva la revolution!

lvY37FZ.jpg

What the shit...

xjatv5a.jpg

GOD DAMNIT!

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Alright, I think I gonna give this a try with my Imperial Agent.

This is the only photo on record of Cipher Agent Nine, taken on Balmoraa sometime during Operation: Blackout
    ?jpg

He has now been spotted again on Alderaan. Before we can resume reconnaissance, we should do a quick run-through of the story so far.

Imperial Agent - Hutta through Tatooine
    The story began with Agent Modrin's first mission on Hutta. He was able to secure an ally for the Empire, and also put that ally in a position to win more support from the rest of the Hutts on the planet.

From there, he was recalled to the capital Dromund Kaas for debriefing. That was where we met Darth Jadus, and the story really starts moving. Modrin told Jadus that Imperial Intelligence didn't need the Sith to tell them how to get their jobs done. This apparently impressed Jadus, as he then decided Modrin would be perfect to lead the search for some terrorists planning to blow up the city. Long story short, I catch the terrorists, but Jadus gets himself, his flagship, and thousands of high-ranking Imperials all blowed up. Guess he probably should have picked an agent with a few more missions under his belt for that job.

But there's no time to cry over spilled space-milk! Modrin got promoted to Cipher Agent, which basically means he is now above the law. His first mission is to track down the terrorists who killed Jadus, which should be pretty easy, since "The Eagle" pretty much immediately starts telling everyone he did it.

From there, Modrin was given a ship and a license to kill, and set of across the galaxy to track down "The Eagle". He shut down terrorist cells and infrastructure on Balmoraa, Nar Shaddaa, and Tatooine. During that time, his disguised himself as a rebel, a pirate, a common crook, drunken gambler and my personal favorite, a droid.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    What annoys me so much about the camera is that it's default focus is where my head is supposed to be. So if I kneel or sit, the zoom will only go in and out on the now empty space where my head is supposed to be.

It's a minor issue, but it makes some my screenshots a bit more annoying.

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited September 2014
    So, Modrin has been off the grid for several months now, but he has finally resurfaced on lovely Alderaan.
    ?jpg

And it seems that he has picked up a new codename after Operation: Merge the Oceanic Servers!

Imperial Agent on Alderaan
    Alderaan is currently having some kind of civil war, as the Imperial aligned houses and Republic houses are fighting for the crown. Normally, I wouldn't care about the locals problems, but my cover story on this planet is that I am an Imperial security agent brought in by the Moff to whip our allies into shape to win this war. While it's a little generic, this cover story has the side benefit of actual being true as it is my secondary objective on the planet. My primary goal is to track down the noble who has been financing the Eagle's terror network.

Now usually, my agent is pretty light-sided. Sure he works for the Empire, and has no problem gunning down his opposition, but he really does believe his missions will help set-up a more peaceful and stable galaxy. But dealing with Alderaan's petty, inbred aristocratic ruling class is enough to get on anyone's nerves. So Cipher Nine is going to really enjoy getting into character as the Moff's evil enforcer.

First order of business, dispense some advice to Lord Thul about suggested changes in his management style.

?jpg
    ?jpg
    ?jpg

Veagle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh non-subscribers don't even get to display titles

What absolute nonsense

• Options
    *Anakin On*

Rhaevos killed them. He killed them all. They're dead. Every single one of them. They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals!

*Anakin Off*
    God damn idiots! I wasn't going to attack them, I might even have helped them.

I suppose it's just another lesson; everyone is stupid and I have to look out for myself, first and foremost. The only silver lining is that the slaves had found Quorian's supplies and I looted them off their bodies, so I didn't have to waste time looking.

Finding Tulak Hord's tablets was easy too. With the slaves dead, droids destroyed, and tablets and supplies in hand, I headed back the Academy.

Codex Entry - Tomb of Tulak Hord
    Lord of Hate, Master of the Gathering Darkness and Dark Lord of the Sith. These are but a few of the titles worn by the great Tulak Hord. His command of the dark side and mastery of lightsaber techniques won Hord many battles, and each victory earned him enemies abroad and within the Sith ranks. Of the many who challenged his might, none were successful.

Among Hord's greatest triumphs were the battles of Yn and Chabosh. With an army of dark side warriors and his faithful Dashade assassin at his side, he annihilated the rebels who defied the expansion of the Sith Empire and went on to conquer the Dromund system--setting the stage for Dromund Kaas to eventually become capital of the Empire. Imperial historians believe the worlds conquered by Hord number in the hundreds, but any records from his bygone era were lost in the Great Hyperspace War,

PcGz03S.jpg

Yeah, I'm a real hero.

Whatever. Time to get over it. I have other shit to worry about.

Here's your "heavy" equipment, Jedi.

GYTVNFv.jpg

Since you're too brain dead to figure it out, here's a hint: Jedi are stupid and your masters will probably believe whatever you say.

Now, let's go get my reward.

WEJgy2i.jpg

steam_sig.png

• Options
    I'm working on part 2 of my Bounty Hunter's run right now if anyone's interested. Hopefully it won't be as image-heavy as the first entry. :)

• Options
    Fuck you Kregg
    Keep your fucking boots, I'm getting off Dromund Kaas and never coming back

• Options
    you know what I thought would be fun? space combat

you know what's bullshit? space combat

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    hey I'm about to jump in for the first time, any particular servers or anything I oughta be on?

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    While Lord Thul considers those truth bombs I've dropped on him, it's time for me to begin the search for the man signing the checks for these terrorists.
    Intelligence has picked up some activity originating from the Peyar estates, a vassal family of the Thuls, so we'll begin the search over there. Before moving on though, I should probably introduce some of my support. The lovely lady in the yellow power armor is my trusted adviser and the head of my security detail, Kaliyo Djannis. Why don't I let her introduce herself.

?jpg

Okay, we don't need your family history, why don't you just tell everyone how you got involved in Imperial Intelligence.

?jpg

Okay, fine, we'll get to your backstory some other time.

Anyway, we make a quick visit to see Baron Peyar, and somehow, Kaliyo has managed to make him fall head over heels for her. He is ready to throw any information he has to impress us, and his wife we'll tell us anything just to get us to leave. They give up the name Denri Ayl, a nobleman who has retired from the usual politics of Alderaan, and now spends his time trying to unite the houses and bring peace to the planet. Sounds like the terrorist sympathizer to me. Unfortunately, he has disappeared.

However, Intelligence has an asset embedded on the planet that might be able to help us.

?jpg

Yes, I just said that.

This is Vector Hyllus. Another Intelligence agent, it seems that he has gone native, in this case meaning he is part of the hive mind of the nice gentleman standing behind him. Not sure how far I can trust him, but he's the only lead we have on Ayl at the moment.

And finally, the most important addition to the crew.

My totally-not-compensating-for-anything gigantic sniper rifle!
    ?jpg

Veagle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Yeah, I haven't played Consular, but I hear that it's the most boring of all the stories.

It kinda is. It ties up a few threads from the Jedi Knight line. It does have you be a diplomat in Chapter 2.

• Options
    Mysst wrote: »
    hey I'm about to jump in for the first time, any particular servers or anything I oughta be on?

Several of us are on the Jedi Covenant thread, either Republic or Empire. I'm playing Empire myself.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    either my account has been unfrozen or i somehow had an EA origin account created and it's letting me login to that

wonder if my characters are still there

• Options
    edited September 2013
    After some heavy thinking, I decided to split my second update into two as I wanted to cover some gameplay information on the Bounty Hunter first for those unfamiliar with the class. It's small but enough I think to make it worth shaving off into it's own little thing.

xgMnsFR.jpgBounty Basics 101
    Let's start with Cris' character screen.

oNVywSl.jpg

Besides the universal Endurance which governs health, each of the four classes for both factions work with one major stat. For Bounty Hunters, that's Aim. As for the others, Mild's Rhaevos works with Willpower, Sith Warriors use Strength and Imperial Agents use Cunning. While the other three all add a little something to the Hunter, we should only be looking for equipment with Aim to use. I bring this up since the game doesn't exactly stress to new players which of the four stats they should concentrate on, resulting in players midgame using armor and other gear they shouldn't and upsetting the people playing alongside them. The more you know, folks.

HlnAxNn.jpg

Next is what Cris comes packing already as a Lv1 player. The Proficiencies let you know what we can equip as a Hunter while there's two more in the General tab; Light Armor and a fourth armor-type I'll mention later. Sprint's basically switching the character from walking to running in the form of a permanent buff. While subscribers and Preferred players got it as a Lv1 ability, they actually forced F2Pers to leg it more slowly without it until Lv10. I believe Bioware recently nixed that however.

V9ZXkY2.jpg

Speaking of buffs, all classes have one they can apply to themselves and others that last for an hour. For us, that's Hunter's Boon. Nothing too fancy as it simply boosts the Endurance stat by 5% but more health's always welcomed.

0nEA1av.jpgOrvmL18.jpg

Likewise with the buff, every class has a way to recharge health and energy if they have any for 15 seconds. For the Hunter, that's Recharge & Reload which has us checking out our gear. And yes, we don't have any proper armor on so don't ask where the heads-up display and flamethrower-attachment comes from.

likDb4s.jpg

Our 'no cost, no frills' attack is Rapid Shots. Like the name says, we pop our gun off a few times for basic damage. And no, this game does not have an auto-attack feature so you'll have to use your keyboard and/or mouse for each one of your attacks.

it9VMHI.jpg
    RS1IWkr.jpgmXCkVyK.jpg

Our other attack is Missile Blast. The Hunter whips out that magical gauntlet out of nowhere again and launches a mini-missile at the nearest enemy. Hurts more then Rapid Shots, has (admittedly weak) splash damage to any enemy standing by the target AND it sends regular enemies flying right onto their back. Missile Blast also generates Heat. What's that?

dfqFdYV.jpg

Heat's the 'resource' Hunters have to manage. Almost every ability of the Hunter generates Heat, shown by a portion of the black bar under our health getting filled by yellow. Use too many Heat-hungry attacks and the bar fills up to the red, preventing us from attacking with pretty much everything other then Rapid Shots. Worse, the higher the Heat buildup, the slower it takes for it to dissipate (as shown by the four > next to the bar blacking out one at a time). We do have a third Hunter ability that can help out in emergencies, Vent Heat. It cools off a considerable amount of Heat over two seconds but once used it takes two minutes for the ability to be useable again.

That's it for now. Next time, we'll properly continue with the story.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Cipher Nine now has a name for his target, and hopefully Vector can find a location for him. In the meantime, let's check back with Lord Thul and see if he's gotten his house in order yet.
    The answer is no.

While we were out, all of his outposts have come under attack by unidentified opponents. We make a small detour to save his troops from certain doom, before bringing some droid bits back to his palace for analysis.

?jpg

Take note that I'm still pretty far away from this monstrosity. Maybe if you spent a little less on your giant castle, you could afford an army that could shoot straight.

?jpg

Look at this place! I bet Thul spends all his free time complaining about the capital gains tax and welfare queens.

Turns out the attack was orchestrated by Lord Cedarik Killesa, one of Lord Thul's vassals. And the attacks on the outpost, which would have destroyed all of Thul's military assets if it weren't for my timely intervention, were only a diversion. Killesa is leading a battalion of troops straight into the city using the secret evacuation tunnels beneath the palace. Cipher Nine springs into action, grabs a backpack full of thermite, and rushes underground in hopes of collapsing the tunnel before the main force can get through.

?jpg

Killesa's elite troops don't put up much of a challenge. Cipher Nine places the explosives without any problems, and finally comes across the man with the plan, Lord Killesa.

?jpg

Maybe this Killesa fellow isn't such a bad guy after all. I'll gladly make up some story to get Thul arrested and let you take his place.

?jpg

I'd love to see that too, but we have to be realistic with our options here. I probably didn't bring enough thermite to destroy the entire planet. But it'll still be fun to blow up a tiny part of it, right?

?jpg

I'm afraid you lost me here. I thought you were on-board with plan 'Blow up Alderaan'. You're sending me some real mixed signals.

?jpg

Nine times out of ten, when somebody challenges me to a one-on-one duel, I'll take them up on it. My bounty hunter probably made it to the end game without ever turning someone down. I know that most of the time, they are gonna spring some trap or try to cheat, but I just can't help it. I'm like Marty McFly getting called chicken. The only times I ever really back out and take the dark side option is if I know the fight is going to be a real pain in the ass, or if the target has really pissed me off, or if it's needed to keep my cover. Based on my fights with his other 'elite' troops, I know it won't be difficult to beat him. And we both seem to share a common contempt for House Thull. And there's no reason to worry about my cover being blown. It seems like an obvious choice here. If only he hadn't started talking about honor.

Lord Killesa is a man who broke his sworn oath of allegiance to the man who brought him back to his homeworld, switched sides in the middle of a civil war, and lead an unprovoked assault on his former ally through the city's refugee evacuation tunnels. And now he wants an honorable duel?

?jpg

Alderaanexplosion.jpg

The actual explosion wasn't quite as spectacular, but it was still pretty satisfying. Now that I think about it, it was pretty dumb of me to blow the charges while I was still in the tunnel, but thanks to the magic of cutscenes, we made it out unharmed.

Any last words before this tomb becomes your grave, Killesa?

?jpg

What does that even mean? Alderaanians are the worst

Time to let Thul know that I've saved his hide once again.

?jpg

And it seems the Moff is finally satisfied enough to let me move on with my mission.

?jpg

I couldn't agree more. The Moff has need of me elsewhere, and wouldn't you know it, it just happens to be the same place where Vector is suggesting we continue our search for Ayl.

What are the odds of that?

Veagle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    i tried to unlock my character last night and it just did a "waiting" thing for 15 minutes then i turned the game off

:/

• Options
    @Veagle

Ok, that pic of Alderaan made me laugh.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    i tried to unlock my character last night and it just did a "waiting" thing for 15 minutes then i turned the game off

:/

That's been happening to me too. Click the Choose Server button and then go back into the server when that happens. The character will be unlocked.

• Options
    Wait a minute...
    I could have sworn that Harkun implied that Zash was a man at some point. I mean, I even replayed a few scenes for the sole purpose of finding the proper pronoun when talking about Zash! So either Harkun is trolling me (that devious bastard), or I misremembered it.

On the other hand, I do drink quite a bit when playing. A blush wine or vodka, if you're curious.

Zash is quite the looker. Though I can't help but notice that she has remarkably voluptuous lips. The kind you just wanna put duct tape over kiss, I meant kiss!

Codex Entry - Lord Zash
    Energetic and excitable, Lord Zash has devoted her life to researching the arts of the Sith. An expert in manipulating the dark side of the Force, she eschews the ostentation and pretentiousness common to instructors at the Academy on Korriban.

Many students are initially taken aback, both by her appearance and her demeanor. Scholarly–even bookish–she also seems young for one who has risen so high in the Academy’s ranks. Instead of instructing through fear and intimidation, she is quick to offer encouragement or a helping hand to acolytes who show promise.

But on Korriban, only the cunning and the strong survive. There is more to Zash than meets the eye, and those who underestimate her rarely live to regret their mistake.

xfNLLjA.png

I am rather awesome, so nice of you to notice.

GjyqrsR.jpg

She's curious as to how I retrieved the holocron from the Tomb of Marka Ragnos earlier.

cJmYZfi.jpg

*sarcasm*

yQXaXus.jpg

Uh....

I should go...

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Hey, Harkun and Fffffffffffffffon. My two favorite guys, sup?
    cc0FExr.jpg

E2zVsGH.jpg

Then I had a few minutes to spare, so I picked up those texts you wanted from Tulak Hord's tomb. I also scored some evil pig meat.

No big deal.

So what are you guys up to? I was hoping to check out a Lifetime movie later, in order to Sith it up. You down?

XsQaBJ2.jpg

epDY9u9.jpg

1lMHzfn.jpg

Maybe a raincheck on the movie?

Ok, I'll be back later.

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png