Options

Let's *All* Play [Star Wars: The Old Republic] Let the hate bro through you.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Rolling a character on each side on Jedi Cov, both kitties

Nerm'al is a Consular, Cat'mando is a BH

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Thanks for the group tonight. It was fun! Probably going to roll a sith warrior at some point.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    @Owenashi‌

Oh my God! I was laughing so hard at that set! That was really great! So glad you used that set :P

Rhaevos: He'll drive you to drink!

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    inquisitor is pretty cool too btw

eat ghosts and murder everyone

All the sith storylines are fun

the empire in general is just a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

*gasp*

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

more interesting setting than the republic

Although like dark side jedi knight is kinda fun, as like a not really evil, just overly passionate and too talented for your own good sorta jedi

This is good to hear.

I'm playing my Jedi Knight as a guy who fancies himself the best saber-slinger in the galaxy and a bit of a ladies man, so that's leading me into Dark-side Territory.

• Options
    I'm loving the rivalry between Cris and Rhaevos.

Fun fact: 'Rhaevos' is now part of my autocorrect. My interwebs totally try to spell my Inquisitor's name after I put in R and H.

Also, thanks for putting spoilers on your posts guys :) I'm being truely honest when I say I don't know what happens in the Inquisitor's story.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    In the Halls of the Mountain Kings
    10378369065_3e4bb4de13_o.jpg

“Hey, agent.”

“Yes, Kaliyo.”

“Where are we going again?”

“For the hundredth time, we are going to the Alderaanian resistance base in the Jeral Mountains to meet with the heads of all the noble houses.”

“Okay.”

“Hey, agent.”

“Yes, Kaliyo.”

“Why are we going to meet them? I thought we were at war with them.”

“Because, while we are secretly at war with House Organa, we have a common enemy in House Ulgo. We need to destroy the Ulgos, but we must also ensure that House Panteer believes House Thul contributed more to the war effort than the Organas. With their support, the Thuls can take the crown and officially ally the planet with the Empire.”

“Okay. Seems pretty confusing though. Back on Rattatak we just threw anyone who wanted to be leader in a pit and followed whoever made it out. My grand dad beat half a dozen challengers to death with nothing but a severed leg.”

“How wonderfully morbid.”

“Hey, agent.”

“Yes, Kaliyo.”

“Are you still mad at me about the thranta?”

“No, Kaliyo. I understand that you were only trying to help, in your own misguided way.”

“Okay, thanks agent.”

“Of course, now just try not to make a scene while I charm these Panteer fools.”

10378364835_035ed9118e_o.jpg

10378346214_a98854f3fc_o.jpg

“Damn! You've been holding out on me!”

10378363895_77c78e4e67_o.jpg

10378383216_7752d0ed9a_o.jpg

10378363245_9041b241a8_o.jpg

10378363025_aabea86279_o.jpg

10378551473_e8309bf9c2_o.jpg

“You're just going to give it away?! Maybe you can get me some priceless jewelry the next time you're feeling so generous!”

10378344214_faa4695899_o.jpg

10378550933_5284401aac_o.jpg

“Indeed sir. House Thul is truly on the up and up these days. Any stories you may have heard about slavery or cannibalism are highly exaggerated.”

“Hey, agent.”

“Yes, Kaliyo.”

“I was thinking about the whole 'thranta' thing, and I thought I should tell you, that there's maybe, possibly........ two more thrantas in the ship's cargo bay.”

“Why, why in the Emperor's name, would you possibly want two more of those things?”

“You ever tried breeding livestock with just one animal? I can tell you that it doesn't work out so well.”

“Emperor, give me strength. Please, Kaliyo, just try to behave for five more minutes while I talk to Lord Viktus.”

10378342724_c162785b40_o.jpg

“Hey, Viktus is kinda cute. Lose the goatee and the shirt, and he reminds of a Sith I partied with back on Balmoraa.”

q2IBMdl.jpg

“Not now Kaliyo.”

10378341764_3e7d550c66_o.jpg

10378359805_163e2f2868_o.jpg

10378358405_6da3ddb4c7_o.jpg

10378546663_ed348403ab_o.jpg

10378545773_3b9a4d983b_o.jpg

10378453655_199cb23fac_o.jpg

“Lord Viktus, Republic war heroes are our speciality.”

“Hey, agent.”

“Yes, Kaliyo.”

“I also left the Baron's prized akk dogs in your room.”

“Why!”

“I had to! Those bugs were going to eat them!”

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hey agent?

What does it mean to Hail Hydra?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Man, I'm so glad to get that update over with. It's been slowly stewing and building in my head ever since Mild sent me the 'party robe' in the first place. :) I might take a day off or two before using the last of the pictures I got stored up for the next update.

I thought though that since we're past this point in the story, I can finally link this video I found which covers the story-cutscenes we've seen so far in the updates and let you guys hear the voices behind the other Mandalorians at the Enclave as well as our first bounty's. The player pretty much chose the same responses I gave outside of a couple or so. Just try not to succumb to temptation and watch the videos following it. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW1qW_PMWMY

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Sometimes I've thought about trying to do a Let's Play like Mild Confusion and Veagle and Owenashi do. Maybe as a Smuggler, because it's the most consistently entertaining of the stories, although I think I could make Trooper and Jedi Knight work, too.

Then I look at all the time and work they put into just getting the right screenshots...

...naahhhh.

• Options
    I'll be honest with you, Shadowen. The pictures I use often tend to be me making the best of what I get. Irfenview only allows a shot to be taken once every second or so, so I often have to opt out of a conversation just to make sure I didn't miss a part of the conversations' subtitles or get a really goofy face (like the chimp-face Cris gets sometimes due to his upper-lip's animation). Once I'm done with the screenshotting, I look at what I took and, as Carlos Mencia once said in a routine, ask "Where's the joke?" This was way harder for the one I just put up seeing I thought I'd be all artsy-fartsy brilliant and try writing the whole update's post-pic bits completely in the characters' voices which really ramps up my paranoia over pushing Cris right into a deep 'Gary Stu' hole and ESPECIALLY when doing this with someone else's character like Mild's and praying I don't make them sound like a complete idiot who pales in comparison to the Great Furry Hunter. I seriously admire Mild's ability to write his updates short without sacrificing any funny.

Sorry if all of that made you feel less confident at trying this but if you have a good screenshot-tool and you feel a real passion over showing one of the class-stories not covered here, I say go for it.

• Options
    Hey agent?

What does it mean to Hail Hydra?

Some have claimed there is a secret cult of subversives operating within the Empire, following the teachings of a Jedi who walked among the Sith hundreds of years ago.

We have dismissed those claims.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, this has taken a bit longer then I had expected it would. My problem has been that this is the farthest I've gone in the agent's story, so I don't know when all the best bits are happening, and instead of backing out of scenes to re-do them a few times, I've just been trusting my shots to turn out on the first try. Which means I've missed a lot of good shots. I've also been thinking about skipping more of the non-class missions since it takes a lot of time to get those, and I don't want to poach all the cool ones before Cris and Rhaevos get a shot at them. Taris is up next and the Thana Vesh storyline is probably one of the most entertaining in the game, but I think it would be way more fun to watch Rhaevos deal with her.

And yes, please start a Smuggler, if only to convince me not to start a 2nd!

Veagle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    You're gonna love what happens between Alderaan and Taris for the Agent, V. :>

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Oh, I figured this out during double XP weekend, so I didn't post it then because I didn't want to waste a minute. Because I am a doof and it took me over a year of on and off play to get it.

I had always been puzzled why foci/generators/shields used armor mods for their main "oomph". Not that I didn't understand why they used that instead of hilts or barrels; just that I didn't understand what the hell it was supposed to affect.

And then one day I looked at the bonus damage stat on my Jedi Sentinel, and then the bonus damage stat on my Sith Juggernaut, and it all clicked.

I think it hurts understanding that foci, generators, and so on don't come with a damage stat like vibroknives and offhand sabers, but still, it should not have taken this fucking long.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    huh
    I'm actually dying significantly more often on Tatooine

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    huh

Same thing for me on my jedi knight. Was just rolling through everything, xp bonus meant every mission I was running was green by at least a couple of levels... And then I hit tatooine and suddenly fuckers are kicking my ass.

It's kind of aggravating, honestly. Especially since there's a pretty big limit to what missions you can replay if you need to grind your way up before a tough fight.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Also btw is it me or is the new space combat thing completely unintelligible?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Galactic Starfighter? It's probably an investment to get into though it has a tutorial you can fly around in by yourself to get used to the controls and such. I tried it when Preferred Early-Access opened up but it wasn't exactly too fun going up against people who have a month's head-start. They probably lost quite a few players from trying this again just because they couldn't segregate matches and keep rookies from getting teamed up against vets with tricked out fighters. Especially when said vets all pile in together as one large queued team.

• Options
    Anyway I'm playing more of my operative, the backstabby build

Seemed a little underwhelming compared to the sniper at first, but oh man it all comes together once you hit 20

Everytime you kill something or use slash (6 second cooldown) you can get a combat advantage, and can have up to 2 at a time. Expending a charge lets you use lacerate, which can do even more damage than backstab and stuns normal & weak enemies.

So you go from mostly just shooting your gun to cackling and just slicing down dudes left'n'right. Huuuge improvement to your DPS

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Galactic Starfighter? It's probably an investment to get into though it has a tutorial you can fly around in by yourself to get used to the controls and such. I tried it when Preferred Early-Access opened up but it wasn't exactly too fun going up against people who have a month's head-start. They probably lost quite a few players from trying this again just because they couldn't segregate matches and keep rookies from getting teamed up against vets with tricked out fighters. Especially when said vets all pile in together as one large queued team.

It seems like the strategy is basically "hey here's this cool looking game mode... Now pay a bunch for unlocks or just be destroyed over and over again by people that're already waaaay ahead of you"

But it's just in general I don't like the UI or how ridiculously busy the visuals are, it's just... bleh.

• Options
    It probably would have been better if they kept the Subs, Preferred, and F2Pers in their own separate little pools for a month after the complete release. Just give everyone a chance to build up their fighters and then set them loose.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I'm playing hooky from work today so if anyone wants to do Empire shit in like, an hour or so hit up Jilane on Dormund Kaas

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I'm going to see Spider-man in like 45 minutes.

When I get back we should play Jedis.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Choo choo. Sith Lightning train comin' through.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I have to say @Mild Confusion I took your idea of putting the tooth pick on the Inquisitor and.. holy shit it's amazing with the sassy lines.

• Options
    Oh yeah!

Toothpick for life.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Beware though; Jedi may not take you seriously.

• Options
    Hey so I had started a game of KoToR a while back but I left off pretty early on
    I had this great guide to how to build your character and pick skills but I can't seem to find it again, do you guys have one to recommend?

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    huh

Don't forget to stay hydrated!

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    huh

Don't forget to stay hydrated!

Not quite on topic, but...

Doctor Lokin: "I once knew a man who died in the magma caverns of Saleucami. Dehydration. Sweating to death is not a pleasant end."

• Options
    edited May 2014
    how did i not even notice the double post until now

Shadowen on
  • Options
    So I gave in and bought a 60 day subscription. Something I probably should have done before buying 10 bucks in cartel coins to be a preferred status person, but oh well!

Then with the extra cartel coins I had I bought one of those awesome death mask thingies for my operative. Now I just need help finding the perfect skin tight ninja hit squad chest piece, so he can look like the black ops backstabber that he truly is

• Options
    oh so basically every bullshit fetch quest on Taris in TOR is based on a bullshit fetch quest on Taris in KOTOR, isn't it

• Options
    oh so basically every bullshit fetch quest on Taris in TOR is based on a bullshit fetch quest on Taris in KOTOR, isn't it

Oh, just wait until you make it to Empire Taris.

• Options
    Well I'm just playing KOTOR finally and it's like, rakghouls! swoop accelerator modules! and I'm like motherfuckers I just did this

in the future

• Options
    tku2d7cyok25.jpg

Tactical As Shit

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Beware though; Jedi may not take you seriously.

Then those Jedi wouldn't take Inspector Tequila seriously.

And I have no time for dead men.

• Options
    Finished Consular chapter 1, finally. My thoughts (and playstyle). Spoilers for all eight classes' chapter 1s. And for a reveal from late in the graphic novel/movie Watchmen. And also because longpost is loooooooooooooooooooooo--
    It's not as bad as I expected. Definitely my least favorite of the eight classes' chapter 1s, though.

I played a bit of a hypocrite of a Jedi Shadow. Recruited into the Shadows shortly after leaving Tython for the first time, she comes off all mystical and serene and high-minded. In truth, she is the judge-iest judgeypants who ever judged pants--at least when it comes to non-Jedi. That is her job, after all, as a sort of Jedi Secret Police. (She's not worried about the imagery of shadows--shadows and darkness arenot the same thing. After all, there can't be shadows without light.) Sure, Jedi can go evil and wreak great havoc if they turn to the dark side, and non-Jedi can't often do as much damage even if they arguably go more evil, but non-Jedi don't have to deal with a literal superpowered evil side urging them to do everything from using the Force when they could get up and walk across the room to retrieve an object to killing anyone who stands in their way. What's the normies' fucking excuse? So that meant that while she would pull out all the stops to save her Master, and indeed any Jedi who needed her, poor things benighted by a wicked Sith that they were, she could be cold as ice dealing with anyone else who'd put even a toe out of line.

Yes, Cin Tykan killed a lot of people and destroyed priceless artifacts of the lost Taris Jedi Enclave. He was also not himself, driven mad by a terrible dark side plague. And his Padawan was, as Padawans should, showing respect and deference toward his judgement when she defended him. Stop judging them, peasants.

The guy running the extermination camp on Nar Shaddaa? Oh, so dead. Yes, the SIS wanted him for questioning and he probably had useful intel. He was a swastika away from being literally a laughing mad Nazi concentration camp commandant. How could she not end him, then and there? Even though he was beaten and had surrendered...

Sure, Vossan ruined the Jawas' livelihoods and went on to sic a tribe of sand people on nearby villages, while also working on making them better, stronger, faster--but he was being forced to relive his worst memories of being too weak to save his friend by a powerful Sith.

Bouris Ulgo? Yes, he's beaten and giving in. Yes, he was a Republic hero. He also assassinated the rightful ruler of a planet and their heir, placed himself on the throne in defiance of all laws of succession, and began a war of choice and conquest when the other houses protested. Chop chop chop.

ANYHOO. My thoughts on the story from a non-character perspective are that it's flavor-wise a bit of a mess. They were clearly trying to get in all three aspects of the Jedi Consular, and the Consular, like the Inquisitor, is a weird fucking class once you get to the choice of which advanced class you want to take. If people don't think of the brave knight-errant dashing into a modern firefight armed with nothing but a quaint laser sword and coming out the other side untouched, the Sage is what most people think of when they think of Jedi--the knowledge-seeker and healer and, indeed, consular. In contrast, the Shadow is something most people outside the Order probably don't even realize exists. Maybe even most people inside the Order aren't aware of them. It's hard to say who knows what about them, as at least by the end of chapter 1, beyond your class selection, no one even mentions them existing. But at least some Jedi feel they're necessary--they need to have a group of investigators, those who use the shadows to hide in the darkness until they manage to excise it. If they come off like secret police, or if the darkness taints them in time...well, those who fight monsters, right?

With the Sith, the Assassin/Sorcerer dichotomy is easier to swallow. Both the cackling mad scientist, specializing in poison and lightning and seeking immortality, and the stealthy reaper, striking from the darkness except when he's boldly challenges multiple foes to a fight, fit under the "Inquisitor" banner. It also fits the story better--you can either be imitating your master, Zash, in her knowledge-seeking ways, or you can be her secret enforcer, whom she points at troublesome foes and that you then quietly or not-so-quietly remove. Too, the closest to a Jedi Shadow we've seen in the films was Obi-Wan in Attack of the Clones and A New Hope; he was otherwise much more knight-like.

So the healer, the diplomat, the living library, and the investigator all walk into a bar all have to have elements present in the story for it to feel right no matter which advanced class you take. This they managed to do, but it comes off feeling odd. The story says you're one of the strongest Jedi alive, but at least in chapter 1 Shadows/Assassins are missing a lot of their toolkit; unless you're overgeared or overleveled or both you tend not to feel particularly powerful, especially tanking. Sages/Inquisitors, as long as you make sure to keep your companion geared, play a lot easier in the early levels--at least for me. And while the investigation elements of the story don't feel entirely out of place as a Sage, the shielding ritual feels way off if you're a Shadow who isn't tanking. I'm specialized entirely in sneaking around and stabbing dudes in the back, and I also happen to know this ritual that will protect people from a very specific dark side plague. It's like super-ventriloquism. Your character's level of knowledge is almost entirely dependent on character dialog choices, so you can come off like a bumpkin or a university graduate striving to show off their degree in Starwarsology, or something in between, your choice.

The story's other big main weakness is that it's very much not the Consular's story. They're a step removed from everything that happens--they're only involved because Parkanas/Morrhage went after Yuon. That's more or less solved during the prologue; nothing else in the story pertains directly to them. The bad guy, before the final dungeon, only taunts them like twice. If each of the other Jedi Masters was known to the character or even just the player in some way beforehand (maybe if they'd had cameos on Tython, even nonspeaking roles) that would make things better, but they weren't. There's a story reason for that--after Parkanas's death, they went their separate ways and just avoided each other from then on--but still. And on top of that, Morrhage is never really interested in the Consular until the final confrontation. They're an irritant, sure, but never really a threat--or so Morrhage thinks.

Compare the other stories:

The Agent is a part of Imperial Intelligence. He has met Darth Jadus, who is his boss's boss's boss, and Jadus has marked him out as being special in some way. When the Eagle assassinates Jadus after the Agent foils the Eagle's terroist cells' plans on Dromund Kaas, the Agent doesn't just have a professional reason to go after him, it's now personal in a way--anything from as grandiose as, "No one strikes at the Empire like that and gets away with it!" to "I was going to ride Jadus's coattails to the top, you bastard!" He's then given a promotion so he'll have the authority to operate independently in the field while going after the Eagle, whom he knows about from the start, to bring him down.

The Jedi Knight is at first merely on the job, hunting down a mysterious darkness growing on Coruscant because his master wants him to. Then, quite by accident, the Knight makes it personal--he not only defeats and kills Darth Angral's apprentice but his son, and Angral vows vengeance over holo right to the Knight's face. Add to that the immediate danger of "superweapons! superweapons everywhere!" and you have a hell of a motivation. And then in the finale, if the premise of a vengeance-driven Sith Lord in control of a ship with a weapon that can render any planet uninhabitable within an hour isn't enough, Angral kills Orgus Din and it. Is. On.

The Bounty Hunter at first comes off as just a glory hound, but quickly they are given three motivations to stick with the Great Hunt: 1) money, 2) vengeance, 3) professional pride. Without the Great Hunt they might be stuck on Hutta forever, and if they're stuck on Hutta forever they don't even have a chance of paying back Tarro Blood for his conspiracy to murder Braden and Jory. Plus, you're trying to become known as the greatest bounty hunter alive, and people like that don't give up--even when, it might be said, they should. As the chapter progresses, just in case that white-hot righteous rage cools, Blood keeps on provoking the Hunter until it takes a very strong-willed character indeed not to end him when you finally come face to face on the Aurora.

The Trooper has as hell of a motivation right from the start. Before the prologue's even half-done you have a very personal betrayal to avenge and a very militarily sound reason to do it. As you progress through the chapter and find out just how far your erstwhile squadmates have gone, you are given ever more motivation to bring them down or bring them in.

The Sith Inquisitor has a very simple reason to succeed from the very first quest--survival. (So too does the Sith Warrior.) But as you learn more about your character's past and the society of the Empire, it's clear that if you hadn't been found to be Force-sensitive, you would have remained a slave or prisoner. Given the option between a (short) lifetime of pain and drudgery and a (short) lifetime of ever-escalating power...well, it's not much of a choice, is it? And that's before your master tells you about this ritual she's found that will make you, and only you, incredibly powerful...

The Smuggler wants their fucking ship back. And then? All of the monies and also revenge on Skavak. Sometimes the simple plots are best.

The Sith Warrior is thrust from a life of presumed privilege into a life-or-death situation. Then they're apprenticed to a master who will tolerate many things, but failure is not one of them. They're forced to hitch their wagon to Baras, and then Baras finds out about an old enemy of his who has a new apprentice of his own, one who has a power that could bring Baras's entire power base crashing down. Oh, sure, Baras might die...but the Warrior would probably die first, at Baras's hands for failure or trying to escape if nothing else. And then there's the apprentice herself, who has so much in common with the Sith Warrior--both apprenticed to demanding manipulators of masters with ulterior motives and secret agendas, treating their students like pieces in a game. Do you plan to kill her? Turn her? Find yourself becoming more and more Jedi-like in admiration of her?

The Consular? Their mentor's old adventuring party is being hunted by a mysterious enemy--one who turns out to be the sixth party member, thought dead during the adventuring group's last mission before they split up. But the only person they meet before the plot kicks into high gear is their own master. They haven't even heard of these other Jedi, and rarely ever meet them face to face for more than a few minutes immediately before a boss battle and the decision to shield or kill them.

Imagine if Watchmen had been entirely focused around Sally--if she'd never met or even heard of any of the other characters, but was only in it because the Comedian, whom she'd recently learned was her father, had been murdered and she wanted to investigate who had done it--but the story insisted on bringing up all the connections the Comedian had to these other characters Sally meets for maybe 5 minutes each and immediately dismisses as suspects.

As the story progresses, what you're doing becomes more important, with each master threatening to upset ever-more-important political situations, but never, ever more personal. It almost commits the cardinal sin of storytelling--coming dangerously close to I Don't Care About Any Of These People Syndrome.

I will say that I felt very secure in choosing the light-side ending for each Jedi Master, and not just in character. It's part of one theme of the chapter story--how much is the evil that we do really of our own volition? How much can we really be blamed for, or for that matter blame others for? I also liked that the early Masters started out being absolutely crazypants, and then each successive one seemed at first blush more rational than the last. This is also why I chose to spare Parkanas (and the Jedi Masters Morrhage was going to kill if I struck him down): Parkanas had been left behind on a haunted Sith planet and for decades had had no other means of survival than to accept Morrhage into himself, at which point he basically became Morrhage's meat puppet. He was no more in charge of his own actions than the people in Alive had any choice beyond "cannibalism or starve". I do like that just because he was free of Morrhage he didn't immediately go back to being a Jedi, though.

The companions you pick up along the way are all right, I guess. Qyzen was a decent attempt at creating a character from a culture that, while it has many admirable qualities, doesn't mesh entirely with our own (or Jedi) sensibilities. His joining you also makes sense--he wants to hurt the people who hurt Yuon, his friend. Tharan is less so. He's a brilliant scientist who likes his creature comforts but is bored of toiling in relative obscurity on Nar Shaddaa. He joins up for...what? Excitement? Well, sure, I guess, but then you're constantly dragging him into combat while he protests "I'm a pacifist!" It can't be luxury, because the Jedi ship isn't built for comfort. And he gets intellectual challenges, sure--but how many of them would he not have gotten if he'd remained on Nar Shaddaa? One thing I do like about him is that he's apparently a Force-skeptic--so that whenever you Force Persuade someone or even just mention the Force through class-specific dialog it irritates him...except for one time when it gives a bonus because it doesn't work.

But! With all all that said, the Consular does have one big advantage: Barsen'thor. Fucking Jedi Knight saved the entire goddamn planet and most of the Order and he just got "Hero of Tython"; he didn't get Barsen'thor. Eat a dick, Jedi Knight! BARSEN'THOR IN THE TEMPLE WHAT WHAAAAT

--ooooooonnnnnnnggg.

• Options
    If you're looking for some higher level cyber ninja gear, I've always liked this outfit I had for Mako.

13949994909_e8e5ec0fda_o.jpg

The headgear is a lvl 43 that I think I got with planetary commendations. And the Lacqerous Battle Jacket is a lvl 47 that armormechs can craft.

It seems to suit her role of hiding in the background while everyone pays attention to the guy swinging flamethrowers in circles.

steam_sig.png