Options

Let's *All* Play [Star Wars: The Old Republic] Let the hate bro through you.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    bwahaha

invading the organa compound in the sith warrior storyline is suuuper satisfying

the compound HQ desperately trying to figure out wtf is happening and trying to reset their forcefields

Meanwhile you're just strolling along, force-crushing fools who get in your way without even breaking your stride

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    I actually like playing light-side Sith Warrior because the implacability just comes off all wrong. In my head my Juggernaut feels a little hurt when people take it the wrong way, too.

e.g. On Corellia,
    When Darth Vowrawn wasn't taking the hint and kept treating each statement like a threat instead of reassurance--"I don't care if [your apprentices] stay"--I wished there were more elaborate responses. Like, I imagine him just handing over his lightsaber, taking off his mask, and saying "I’m only going to say this one more time, and then I will kill you if you don’t believe it. I. Am not. Your enemy. GAWD!” Then he goes and sits down all dejected, and says "It's like just because I spent the last year as an unstoppable agent of destruction for your mortal enemy you don't trust me." At which point Vette consoles him, rubbing his back and going, "Aww, honey."

• Options
    Kana wrote: »
    bwahaha

invading the organa compound in the sith warrior storyline is suuuper satisfying

the compound HQ desperately trying to figure out wtf is happening and trying to reset their forcefields

Meanwhile you're just strolling along, force-crushing fools who get in your way without even breaking your stride

And now agreeing to basically single-handedly hold the army's left flank.

Even as light side it's basically the happiest the warrior has ever been in their life.

The lieutenant you're with is like, "OH GOD, OH GOD THERE'S BLOOD EVERYWHERE"

And you're like, "I KNOW, isn't it awesome?!"

Panicked underlings coming up to report yet another wave of troops on their way

the warrior confused why nobody wants to trade high5's over the good news

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    The ending bits for the Warrior's stay on the planet are the best if you're light-sided.
    Karr probably warned the Jedi sent to protect Jaesa's parents that you're this bloodthirsty beast of a Sith looking to chop off the parents' heads. And then instead you show up, refuse to be baited into drawing your lightsaber and promise to set them up properly in Dromund Kaas with a comfortable lifestyle. It gets really hilarious when both you and the parents have to remind the Jedi he can't interfere physically as there's no violence going on and no one's arms are being twisted.

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    4dzBOQY.png

Well, it took some time and way too much effort but I finally got my starship back from that lousy, no-good, scruffy-lookin' dweezer Skavak. I've been chasing his back-stabbing hide all the way from Ord Mantell to Coruscant after he not only stole my ship, but a gun shipment I had that belonged to one "Rogun the Butcher". He's one of those types you that don't really like it when you lose their product. Anyway, after having a few close encounters with Skavak along the way, I got a lead on where he actually stashed my ship. While he was off being a slime-ball I decided to take what was mine.

http://youtu.be/sNMJTshIH34

"Who's that redneck?"

Oh, him? That's Corso. Corso Riggs is a country boy I met on Ord Mantell who also got back-stabbed by Skavak. He's a bit too goody-goody sometimes, especially when it comes to my line of work, but that's ok. He's damn good fighter with a heart of gold. I like gold.

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    Encoding and uploading takes some time but not nearly as long as trudging through a shitton of screenshots. Sorry for the shit audio quality, shadowplay seems to have trouble with it on just this game.

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    fuckin' Alderaan
    fuckin' Killiks

• Options
    A quick second update because I'm procrastinating on doing other things.
    4dzBOQY.png
    Making new friends.

Welp, time to see what Skavak has done with my ship. He better not have moved anything, I had a system dammit!

http://youtu.be/mLMuiMFSlg4

Ugh, my bedroom smells like a men's gym locker. Skavak wasn't too keen on bathing I guess. He drank all my booze, too! Waitaminute, did that droid say items? In the cargo hold? I thought Skavak sold everything I had in there.

OvCQECB.jpg

Is...Is that some punk in carbonite? And there's some crazy beast thing in a giant cage. I didn't have that before. Did I have that before? I think I would've remembered if I had that before. And who the hell is this lady?

http://youtu.be/8M0LT1h-NT4

This looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship. And credits. Lots and lots of credits.

Next stop: Taris!

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    They should've included an option for the Smuggler where you recognize your C2-N2 droid with whom you have a long-standing friendship and who's developed a really chill personality--but he doesn't recognize you, because Skavak, that bastard, memory-wiped him.

Just for that last stab.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    dark side smuggler vs. skavak is a lot of fun, because it basically transforms the class story into one of those crime tales where everyone is horrible and deserves whatever they get anyway so you can just sit back and enjoy the horribleness on both sides

Really for getting kind of an underwhelming introduction, smuggler vs skavak turns into one of the more enjoyable rivalries out of any of the chapter 1 stories

• Options
    4dzBOQY.png
    Trepidation on Taris
    CHAPTER 1
    THE FATAL FORTUNE

The daring CAPTAIN AQUI'A is on a galaxy-spanning journey to find the fabled missing riches of long-dead crime lord NOK DRAYEN, but the notorious theif SKAVAK will stop at nothing to get them first.

The abandoned planet Taris holds one of the keys to NOK DRAYEN's fantastic wealth, but the hostile world is a death trap of toxic swamps, dangerous ruins and ravenous beasts.

Wait, did that just say this place was a death trap of toxic swamps, dangerous ruins and ravenous beasts? It better at least have a cantina. I'll see what my new best-friend-forever-as-long-as-she-gives-me-untold-wealth-and-riches (BFFALASGMUWAR for short) has to say about this old ruin.

http://youtu.be/SXErqziszLg

Huh, well, okay. This planet sounds awful. That whole 'incredible wealth' thing, on the other hand. Aw, fuckit let's go ahead and land.

http://youtu.be/g6_R6xRu_84

I. Hate. Customs Agents. I hate 'em. Ain't nothin' more annoying than some desk jockey who goes on a power trip every time you have some smuggled goodsan 'unscheduled shipment'. Haven't taken more than a dozen steps on this ruined heap of a planet and I already need a drink. Where is that damn cantina?

On our way out of the spaceport we walked by the usual Republic propaganda, but Taris was special. There were a lot of holos of some lady talking about the planet. Presumably meant for those who came here to actually help rebuild, of course. I'm just here to find this astro-whosits and maybe get some extra credits along the way.

goFfnag.jpg
    Welcome to Taris-- I'm Governor Saresh. On behalf of the Galactic Republic, I want to thank you for joining us in this historic project. For your safety, please do not travel beyond the military-secured safe zone outside the settlement. This world and our work here will shine as a beacon of hope to all of the Republic. But first, we have many obstacles to overcome. Together, we stand taller than any obstacle. Let's get to work-- together.

Taris ain't exactly on the main Republic hyperspace lanes. It's a little outta the way since the whole Treaty of Coruscant thing, maybe they could use some of my services? It might be worth checking out.

http://youtu.be/UUEwuvbTV1I

See? Already got the Governor of a whole freakin' planet willing to pay me to do stuff. Glad to see my reputation precedes me. Alright, time to leave the spaceport and see what all the hubbub is about.

6qG5FYR.jpg

Corso: Ugh! You smell that, Captain? Taris is like a dead gundark wearing dirty old socks. Doesn't look much better, either.

Didn't really need that image in my head, but thanks anyway Corso! Let's get some drinks before we meet up with our contact and probably risk life and limb for whatever reason.

DLjacua.jpg

Oh boy this place is a mess. Where's that cantina? There it is!

coRjPQl.jpg

DtUvUSG.jpg

Now this is just sad...

NEXT TIME: Rakghouls, Droids, and more of that Customs Jerkbag!

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Thanks for that GIMP recommendation! That should really help in making a more Bond worthy title card.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Eagle Has Landed
    INCOMING SECRET EXPOSITION TRANSMISSION

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaJu23YZBpw

10378644156_61fd69cee9_o.jpg

10378621395_09cffc381f_o.jpg

10378643196_3a1929b94a_o.jpg

10378620675_d7a1b5670e_o.jpg

“Ah Hutta, I enjoyed the sights so much on my first trip I've just been dying for an excuse to return. I'm sure Kaliyo will be thrilled as well.”

“Nooooope!”

“Do you have an exact location yet? I'd love to arrange my travel plans before we touch down.”

10378619995_c6b8cc0d5a_o.jpg

10378619465_f2a7a42f4b_o.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    fC0IyUH.jpg

Sorry for the delay on the regular updating from my end. Expect one soon.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Mostly light-side Sith Warrior is really fun to play. Just all cheery and sarcastic, with a dash of "you're going to make me kill you?"

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Just finished act 1 for sith warrior

it feels like at some point your light side choices went from, "Honorable, not an asshole, but still totally gonna kill you because that's the game"

to just straight up light side, passionless jedi

It's kinda annoying

dark side jedi knight is still really fun though

sith keep goin' hey, you're sort of a rageaholic who likes killing all your problems, you should be a sith!

And you go psssssshhhhhhh why would I switch sides when I keep kicking sith ass?

And then you chop their heads off

Kana on
  • Options
    Does going middle of the road hinder you at all?

• Options
    Joolander wrote: »
    Does going middle of the road hinder you at all?
    The only thing dark/light points give you is access to a very expensive store that requires a certain level of light/dark side in order to wear stuff.

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    not really. There's a few items and relics that require such'n'such level of light or dark side. And the big choices usually just end up as light side or dark side.

• Options
    Cool. Because I love how much friction my Grey Jedi Guardian is causing
    "Shut up, I had a good reason!"

• Options
    trzxc94bwk6y.jpg
    vxac9fe6b7aw.jpg

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    That was a surprisingly good line.

• Options
    Also more highlights from the bravery and the glory of the smuggler
    sedbmyya6fqf.jpg
    q8r8nsy9e6hn.jpg
    74tf2yzdklew.jpg
    hj0ameudgmxs.jpg
    g5edy524xlcr.jpg
    sxiwe28acxgf.jpg
    v6rfruzhplsg.jpg

The smuggler is also well educated and wise in the world
    789yl262kr4m.jpg
    tb1w3z8o08iu.jpg
    73kg4bqqzcve.jpg

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    HA!

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    Those goggles are are great.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I held onto them for about 10 levels longer than I was supposed to, vainly hoping I'd get another pair

But the goggles are gone now

like tears in space-rain...

• Options
    I was so fucking sad to find out Augment slots were not the same as modification slots

I want to keep my good looking clothes god dammit

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I held onto them for about 10 levels longer than I was supposed to, vainly hoping I'd get another pair

I can craft you a pair that have open mod slots (if you are on JC). I think you have to be at least level 15 to wear them though.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    My Sentinel is level 54 and still wears them, since they're modable. The only thing is that since there is no legacy version of them, I'll be replacing them at 55.
    crispian%20new%20duds.jpg

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    I...am not sure how to process that image

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    Look sometimes a Jedi gets tired of all the restrictions and just wants to go around in his underwear.

• Options
    Also there's no real reason not to continue wearing them into 55, the only reason I don't is because I'll be gear sharing between like 3 toons so it's just easier to put it all in legacy.

Also when it comes to rad sunglasses, have you seen the Geordi LaForge headpiece?

• Options
    @Cambiata‌

You need to put some boots and maybe some gloves on that guy, cause he'd totally pass for a WWE wrestler.

Actually, now that I think about it, Macho Man Randy Savage. May he rest in pea- SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM!

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    @Cambiata‌

You need to put some boots and maybe some gloves on that guy, cause he'd totally pass for a WWE wrestler.

Actually, now that I think about it, Macho Man Randy Savage. May he rest in pea- SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM!

Ha, once in game someone thought I was doing a Randy Savage homage. I didn't mind it. I just think it's funny.

• Options
    Also once duringa Kuat Drive Yards FP someone refused to heal me until I "put some pants on."

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Actually, just the boots.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkoRJAYB-eGJl09Df7lvDy-P5IzQK3oh4b-aslm_KCCuBVOu_y

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    That is my new headcanon for that scene

• Options
    Cambiata wrote: »

I can craft you a pair that have open mod slots (if you are on JC). I think you have to be at least level 15 to wear them though.

yeah I'm on jedi conclave. That would be amazing if you could craft me some

• Options
    Zero Darth Thirty
    “Watcher Two to Cipher Nine, we've located the Eagle's final base. It's inside an old waste disposal site just outside Jigunna.”

“So what's the plan boss? You gonna use that same pirate cover story you tried last time? You know nobody bought that right? Let's be a local news team this time! I'll be the award-winning reporter Vanessa Starshooter, and you can be my cameraman Randy Swamperson. We come in for a friendly interview, and then what's that in the camera? A high-powered assault rifle!”

“No cover stories needed for this op, Kaliyo. We're hitting the Eagle fast and hard. We tell Nem'ro that there's a brand new shipment of combat droids for him on the docks. That should distract the Hutt long enough for us to get in and out.”

“Bribing Nem'ro will be unnecessary today. Assets in the palace have informed me that Nem'ro has become obsessed with the Great Hunt since your last visit. He seems to have lost all interest in the day-to-day operations of Jigunna, and spends most of his time keeping tabs on the Cathar hunter he sponsored. That's why the Eagle's been able to remain here unnoticed for so long.”

“Well, it'll make our job here easier. Kaliyo, let's hit the base.”

10378608545_3870659805_o.jpg

“How about this one. I'm a wealthy Alderanian duchess, and you're my haemophiliac brother. We say that we've been vacationing on Hutta, and were enjoying a pleasant hike through the swamps until you cut your leg on a branch. We ask to come in for some medical care, and then BAM! I garrote him with the medical gauze!”

“I appreciate your enthusiasm for the mission, but I think we'd best just stick with the original plan.”

10378607775_5ddb8ca3e3_o.jpg

“Sir, we would like to propose an idea. You and mistress Kaliyo could pose as Killik heralds. The Eagle would surely grant you access to his inner sanctum to hear our message of peace and unity. And we would be more than happy to perform the joining ritual for you to ensure authenticity.”

“Thank you Vector, but again, I think we'll stick with the shooting our way in plan.”

10378795713_4af6718be4_o.jpg

“We have a unit in the area on route to reinforce you, but they're still a ways out. Looks like your on your own for the moment Cipher.”

“Once more into the breach, Kaliyo.”

“Ugh, and I thought Hutta smelled bad on the outside.”

10378628716_084c76c2d9_o.jpg

10378793833_0d7289c20e_o.jpg

10378603505_0f9a571ea8_o.jpg

“This is it Kaliyo. The Eagle is just on the other side of that forcefield.”

“I've got it! We pretend to be a husband and wife team of anarchistic mercenaries, looking to join up and take down the Empire. But we're really a husband and wife team of serial killers with an incredibly specific fetish for strangling revolutionary terrorist leaders!”

“Maybe next time.”

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GOLDENSPY
    “There they are! Quick, we can hide behind these crates and then wait for the perfect moment to strike!”

10378625246_6614c628cf_o.jpg

“What!? That's your fucking plan? Are you a fucking idiot? This is a terrible hiding spot and you're gonna get us both fucking killed!”

10378601855_4edc798c89_o.jpg

“Nonsense. Ciphers are experts at blending into their surroundings. They'll never see us here.”

10378601325_7840091536_o.jpg

“Oh no! Don't you try and shovel that bantha-shit on me. I know you skipped out on your stealth training. Keeper told you how fucking useful it would be, but noooooo, you just had to get the marksmanship training so you could carry that stupid fucking rifle with you!”

10378789573_031fd6c93a_o.jpg

“Keep your voice down Kaliyo, you're going to ruin our element of surprise.”

10378581674_c53bf0da58_o.jpg

“No I will not keep my voice down! Everybody already knows we're hiding back here!”

10378788623_3916cdbb2c_o.jpg

“Well I hope you're happy now Kaliyo.”

10378599655_e936fb732a_o.jpg

“Inspiration? You assassinated a Lord of the Dark Council and convinced rebels across the galaxy to raise their blasters against the Empire. Bold.”

“Thank you.”

“But still, it boils down to petty terrorism. In the end, you're just a murderer. Nothing more than a common thug.”

10378787253_ab43c5abe6_o.jpg

“Guilty as charged. Nine, Cipher Nine.”

“Ah the infamous Cipher Nine! I've been expecting to run into you for some time now.”

10378786753_9c5a6f44ae_o.jpg

10378620626_7fb8433407_o.jpg

“Then allow me to enlighten you.”

10378619366_5152ca142a_o.jpg

SackingJediTemple-Deceived.jpg

“It was after the sacking of Coruscant that I decided that the Empire we knew had to be replaced.”

“Why?”

“Hilarious question, particularly from you. Did you ever ask why? Why you toppled all those kings, undermined all those democracies? Only to come home – 'Well done, good job, but sorry, old boy, everything you risked your life and limb for has changed.' ”

“It was the job we were chosen for.”

“Of course you would say that. Cipher Nine, the Emperor's golden spy, defender of the so-called faith.”

10378593135_0b7dc006e3_o.jpg

10378614926_5d935d3a54_o.jpg

10378779363_83c4f85949_o.jpg

“You have to know you can't win. Surrender yourself now and Intelligence may be able to protect you from the Sith's retribution.”

“But I've already won! You're too late to stop me, the Eradicators are already operational!”

10378590705_b193eff3bd_o.jpg

“An insurance policy. Not quite so confident in your combat abilities then?”

10378610986_38f1e06c37_o.jpg

“Actually, I'm afraid a fight will be unnecessary.”

“And why is that?”

“Because, right about now you should be feeling your legs beginning to go numb. You might also be experiencing a bit of difficulty in controlling your breathing.”

“Damn you! What did you do to me?”

“FEX-M3. It's a nerve toxin, and quite deadly I'm afraid.”

10378569534_eb32595ff2_o.jpg

“Actually, seeing us was part of the plan. While your forces were busy dealing with Kaliyo and I, Vector was able to sneak into your air filtration system. They've been pumping poison into the air for at least the last 15 minutes.”

“But why haven't you been affected.”

“Imperial Intelligence offers their agents quite an array elective surgeries upon recruitment. Cybernetic re-breather, lovely piece of technology.”

“And I'm wearing a helmet dumb-ass. I wouldn't get caught dead breathing the air in a Hutt's sewer. Hey, wait a minute. You woulda told me about the whole 'nerve gas' plan if I hadn't been wearing this right?”

“...”

“Wouldn't you?”

“Probably?”

“You ass.”

10378587765_3fc2400933_o.jpg

10378586445_e934d23ab4_o.jpg

10378567654_cc244d9f34_o.jpg

“You're already beaten. Why would you just give up this information to me? What's your angle?”

10378773803_82580c5c55_o.jpg

10378584875_1bb67ba7d4_o.jpg

“He's got a bomb! Hit the deck!”

10378565444_35764cec8f_o.jpg

10378565154_d67579a11b_o.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGPBFvDz_HM

zy8x7T.gif

14296432642_fbabb12913_o.png

14297822524_8de322769b_o.png

14111748520_4c029ec2a0_o.png

10378605766_87674fce73_o.jpg

10378564664_cf0754066c_o.jpg

“I'll wager I'm feeling better than the Eagle is right now.”

“I'll say sir. Keeper sent me to help you secure the site and access any of the Eagle's computers.”

10378580345_caa27cd839_o.jpg

10378768263_acfe525ab6_o.jpg

steam_sig.png