As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's *All* Play [Star Wars: The Old Republic] Let the hate bro through you.

1212223242527»

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    tor has a surprising lack of hats that just look like hats

I think it's because they never have quite figured out how to mix hats with hair. So for example the cool beret that you can get on Makeb makes your character look completely bald.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    ugh that may have been the worst party I've ever had the misfortune to be in

tank could not hold aggro. Like even with one enemy left in the fight, I was still pulling aggro off of him as DPS, while 2 lvls lower (and not especially well geared)

healer thought he should be the one to start every fight. So he'd run around attacking guys and pulling aggro while our tank is unable to do anything about it, then finally start healing as fast as he could only once like everyone was down to a quarter health. Which is hard when you're getting attacked, so he was the first one to die in each of our 4 wipes.

And besides that nobody was using any crowd control skills whatsoever.

I even like tried to like call a time out and explain the concept of threat and aggro and who's supposed to be the one getting attacked by hordes of dudes... NOPE.

I wish TOR was better at like, explaining how parties work to players. Granted its free to play so its not surprising, but damn do you get some clueless mofos in pugs. Even by levels where you assume that folks have to have figured things out by now to lvl up this much.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    I've been doing the slot machines because I wanna get the certs to buy that cool pistol

after like 100k spent on the slots I've only won one cert...

and a rancor mount

B)

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    SWTOR_WalkerMount_01.jpg

The time for highriding's getting closer.

• Options
    2.8a is live, looks like it fixes all the legacy travel cooldown issues

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Yay! Now I can go back to using emergency fleet pass in the cartel bazaar.

• Options
    maaaan

dark side bounty hunter on Alderaan is fantastic

"I am a royal diplomat of Alderaan, you're not allowed to come within 10 feet of AAGH STOP PUNCHING ME IN THE FACE"

Also this scene (thanks youtube!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IsB_36J9hw

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    The one thing I regret on my Powertech.

On my female Powertech I got with the rapscallion, but unknowingly picked the wrong dialog option. There was no marriage, so I wasn't actually a Baroness, dammit. But I regret, even more than that, not punching the fuck out of the one dude when I had the chance. I thought I'd get another chance at the conclusion of the quest. But it was not to be.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    The one thing I regret on my Powertech.

On my female Powertech I got with the rapscallion, but unknowingly picked the wrong dialog option. There was no marriage, so I wasn't actually a Baroness, dammit. But I regret, even more than that, not punching the fuck out of the one dude when I had the chance. I thought I'd get another chance at the conclusion of the quest. But it was not to be.

baronesspunchie.jpg

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Woo my Sage got to Alderaan! Not sure why I'm enjoying this so much more. I got burned out on all my previous characters sometime after the capital planet.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    So, I'm considering resubscribing to this game at some point when I have more money, as I really like my character and the game was fun, is there any SE++ stuff still going on in an organized fashion?

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Guys help

I spent way too many credits on the GTN and now this is what my Bounty Hunter looks like
    TtIe2sz.png

• Options
    Worth it!

Now all you need is a rancor.

• Options
    I'm glad Bounty Contract Week is almost over. I am tired of pulling D-3X on characters where my only geared combination of me+companion does not include a tank, I tell you what.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Sorry about the lack of updates guys.

Things are gonna be really slow for me for the next year, cause I'll be going to Afghanistan again within the next few months. Doesn't mean I'm abandoning my LP, but I am spending more time with my family until I leave and I have no clue as to what my internet status will be once I get there. I could have semi-decent interwebs like my last deployment or none at all like the others before that.

But, I'm still enjoying the story :)

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Honestly TOR is the only subscription model game I'd even remotely consider paying for at this point. I think the game is fun, and I really want to learn more about the story, but mostly it's because my characters, especially my bounty hunter, are characters I for some reason care about more than I care about pretty much any other custom character I've made for a game, and even most established protagonists in characters.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Since I have the full spread of crafting skills now, I'm trying an experiment. I'm trying to get a whole spread of purple mods for a toon I just started at every available level (basically level 9+), just to see how powerful such a character would be.

On the downside, it's taking a lot longer that I expected. On the plus side, I'm going to have so many blue mats to sell when I'm done.

• Options
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Since I have the full spread of crafting skills now, I'm trying an experiment. I'm trying to get a whole spread of purple mods for a toon I just started at every available level (basically level 9+), just to see how powerful such a character would be.

On the downside, it's taking a lot longer that I expected. On the plus side, I'm going to have so many blue mats to sell when I'm done.

I tried this once, it was kind of fun but it ultimately cost millions, just learning the purple schematics.

• Options
    They really don't give you THAT much of an advantage. I've never seen the need to go above blue, personally.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Oh god why is the male Bounty Hunter suddenly lisping while hunting on behalf of the Bounty Brokers Association?

Joolander on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    He has history with them from before he went to Hutta and doesn't want them to recognize his voice?

• Options
    edited June 2014
    A lot of the voicework from content released after vanilla sounds a little off to. Oddly, I didn't notice anything on my male Bounty Hunter.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    I'll just have to power through and pretend he burned his tongue on hot space pizza

"No one hath to know you thaid anything"

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    I have subscribed for 60 days twice, earned a bunch of Cartel Coins from achievements and even got that 1k coin reward from May 4th this year. Yet I am still having a difficult time pulling the trigger on spending some of those coins.

I have this idea to make a Cathar Shadow that uses a Cathar War Staff. But I keep hesitating on spending the coins when I have multiple thousands of coins.

• Options
    You can find a lot of those things on the GTN for not too much, though I think the war staff is usually in the millions. I've spent mine on account unlocks like Treek, the hologram trainers, and various crystals. It saves a lot of credits in the long run if you're an altaholic.

• Options
    The main thing I've gone for have been things that save me time from not actually playing - maxed out quick travel cooldowns, rocket boots, a mount, etc

...And sometimes a hat, because I'm a tf2 boy at heart

• Options
    Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan bullshit.

So when you wear certain hats as a Miraluka, if it would clip with your chosen visor it just defaults to the smallest visor they have. Fair enough; that's a legitimate design decision.

But I didn't realize that (in fairness, I should have guessed, because conversations that require the hat to be removed also changed my visor to the one I actually picked as opposed to the default small one) until after I paid 40 coins to change my visor (while wearing one of the qualifying hats).

And this might have been avoided, but there's not even a "preview what this will look like with your current choice of headgear" option in the appearance designer--not that I found anyway.

Boo. BOOOOOO

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    JycUtkv.jpg

The Force is compelling me to play this game again on a casual basis in order to finish the last three class stories I have yet to finish; Consular, Bounty Hunter and Trooper.

Maybe I will post my renewed efforts here rather then clog the MMO Ex thread again.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    There's a double XP week coming up, if you're looking for an excuse to power through some stories. If you use some bonus XP buffs, and buy the class quest/flashpoint character perks, it's really really fast

• Options
    using the xp weekend to power through some on my smuggler

I love how Skavak goes from being just this guy you hate, to the two of you hating each other so much you've reached a level of like, inverse bromance

• Options
    The exchanges of plans-for-death are so perfect with those two.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Nemesissm.png

• Options
    edited July 2014
    wrong thread!

Kana on
  • Options
    Hello inmates. I have selected each of you because of your special talents qualify you for a job I'm putting together. Work with me and we'll all be rich. Challenge me and you will die. Consider your freedom a down payment. If you agree to these terms, meet me at these coordinates.

oh imperial agent storyline, you're just too good to me.

• Options
    Huh

The Smuggler sure doesn't have much of a chapter 2 ending

• Options
    Yeah. Chapter 2 is...kinda bad for the Smuggler.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    smuggler gets bad after chapter 1

• Options
    Like smuggler is still a lot of fun

It's just that act 2 felt like nothing actually happened in the end. Like there's clear trends in all the missions, where it looks like you're going to get your own trade fleet and stuff, but it never really does anything with all those people who you keep ordering to follow you. And then Rogun and the admiral get set up as the big bads for the chapter, and then barely do anything. So now ch 3 is like, "Yeah, uh, remember that stuff we said we'd do in 2? Now we're doing it in 3."

It's still entertaining as heck, because the smuggler is fun, but it doesn't feel like it really fits with the kind of amoral antics you were getting up to in ch 1.

• Options
    Yeah the
    privateer
    thing fell flat in a few spots but overall it made for a fun time. It's basically a space adventure movie plot with some zaniness thrown in for good measure.

Also, the female VA had me nearly in tears on quite a few occasions. Just so great.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    So...

I've been amazingly busy since my last update. For the past three weeks, I've been at Fort Polk for training and will continue to be here until September, then I'm going to Afghanistan (again) for 9 to 15 months a couple weeks after that. I have had zero time to play since June because of these events. The free time I do get is spent with my wife and children because they hardly see me as it is and will see even less of me in short time.

That said, I'm not abandoning my LP. I have great things in store for you. I have screenshots saved up all through the end of Nar Shadda (which, seriosuly you guys, it's gonna be awesome). But it's going to be incredibly slow going for the next year until I get back. I have no idea if I'll be able to upload pics while deployed. I should be able to as I think I'm going to a place that will actually allow me to do that this time. If nothing else, I'll at least be able to talk to you guys on the forums like the last few deployments. But no guarentees in this life of mine.

Also, there was a little incident in which my adorable daughter, whom loves TOR, played Rhaevos through a bit of story on the Fury that not only did I not take screenshots, but I also was unable to even view (I youtubed it to see how relevant. It was very). So, what to do? I simple started a new Inquisitor and will play through until I get to where I left off, of course! I really want to see the end of this story.

"Did you consume the whelp?"

No Khem, I didn't eat my child.

"Fool! You are only giving her oppertunity to consume you first."

Hmmm, you may have a point-

Wait, what am I saying!

You need to fatten 'em up first...

IEf3kIj.png?

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.