As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pinny Arcade - Pinny Pal Community thread

• VaanroseVaanrose Pin Cushion SeattleRegistered User regular
    I'm not too crazy about them, but I'll get them anyway of course.

Kemper is underwhelming, and I'm not sure I like Gabe's weird proportions, but Tycho sells the whole set for me.

Twitter: @vaanrose

My PINS

Verbosity is my charm point.
  • sirmrejsirmrej Seattle areaRegistered User regular
    The Div pin isn't as cool as I'd like it to be, but I LOVE DIV and I love pins. So I'll be buying it :)

• InsaneloonInsaneloon Jefferson City, MissouriRegistered User regular
    Let's not forget the inclusion of glitter enamel. I suspect that will make these pins really pop.

Kamelon
  • vidvid Hot Dog Wizard Registered User regular
    Loving these designs, but I'm starting to feel a little uncomfortable with Gabe and Tycho appearing in each PAX and Holiday set thus far. I know it's a silly complaint, but we already have so many Gabe and Tycho designs: This will be the seventh individual design for each of them (and of course DLC and 15th Anniversary, but those are special cases), which feels like a lot next to the rest of the pins so far.

Of course, it's entirely possible that this is just an effect of this being the first full year of Pinny Arcade and the distributions will change next year. I'd just sort of like to be able to get excited about future sets as "four pins" instead of "G+T and two other pins".

Let me just get a beep boop on your PAX badge real quick!
    eOKiiId.png
    Kamelon
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    vid wrote: »
    Loving these designs, but I'm starting to feel a little uncomfortable with Gabe and Tycho appearing in each PAX and Holiday set thus far. I know it's a silly complaint, but we already have so many Gabe and Tycho designs: This will be the seventh individual design for each of them (and of course DLC and 15th Anniversary, but those are special cases), which feels like a lot next to the rest of the pins so far.

Of course, it's entirely possible that this is just an effect of this being the first full year of Pinny Arcade and the distributions will change next year. I'd just sort of like to be able to get excited about future sets as "four pins" instead of "G+T and two other pins".

I think you are going to see a high proportion of G&T Pins, much like with Disney has plenty of Mickey and Minnie Pins. Particularly since the PA bench only has so many properties to draw from right now besides basic PA. We have Eyrewood, Automata, Sand, New Kid, AI and Twisp&Catsby. Friends that are likely to say yes: Scott Kurtz, Kris Straub, Katie Rice (yes there are others, but these guys are in the same office). Now we already have Pins from two of the three Eyrewood properties, AI is coming out soon, Twisp&Catsby are out, so that leaves three from there. Kris and Scott had Pins recently, and whilst I would love to see more I think that is likely to be a PAX thing, much like the Staff heads. So that leaves Katie. Three PA properties, one Friend to tap.

Mike has said that the long term goal is to have Pins from all over gaming. The difficulty lies in licensing them. As much as he would want to, he can't just bang out a Mario set or even a Space Invaders set because someone would have him savaged by lawyers. So they are going to come out eventually, but it will be slow. PAX helps with this.

But for the most part, you are going to see a lot of G&T Pins because Penny Arcade. Other characters you want to see? We have a suggestion list, and I'll be putting any suggestions I receive in the FAQ as always.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    Would have been fitting to have Tycho pose as the grinch with evil smile.

No, it makes sense. You just have to dig to the first 5 or so comics to find it.

214653100_tks3n-L-2.jpg

Gabe is the one who has the Grinch face. Tycho just had a grump face.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    Kamelon
  • Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I'm not too crazy about them, but I'll get them anyway of course.

I have a feeling this is how I will feel about most seasonal releases.

Jake Capps on
    X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • LadymooseLadymoose Registered User regular
    OMG shiny sparkly glittery Xmas pins!!! *SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!!* I think one of my brain squirrels just got rabies. Hopefully I won't experience an outbreak until the pins are available... GAHOMGTOOLATEIWANTTHEMNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Jim SharkmagicJim Sharkmagic That's the Sharkmagic magic. England, UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I'm not going to be able to get the 15th pin due to money, but I'm looking forward to the Christmas and AI sets :D Also my Halloween set has apparently arrived in the UK but I was an idiot and had it sent to my home address instead of my Uni address. D'oh.

Jim Sharkmagic on
  • Jim SharkmagicJim Sharkmagic That's the Sharkmagic magic. England, UKRegistered User regular
    Gabe is currently streaming on Twitch and answering some pin-related questions:

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular

I missed it, did anything good come from it?

I missed it, did anything good come from it?

He asked if there were Pin Pals watching and then said he would drop this "top secret" info:

"I think they will come out with the Holiday pin set but we have merch-shaped pin backs...like the Disney pins, but they are merch-shaped. They are on the way!"

Aussie BenKamelonClix
    That'd be cool if I used the official pinbacks. I like actually wearing my pins around Pax, so I use locking backs to prevent them from falling off.

My PINS

Vaanrose wrote: »
    That'd be cool if I used the official pinbacks. I like actually wearing my pins around Pax, so I use locking backs to prevent them from falling off.

They *should* be OK, I'd wager. I wear my pins every day on the Core lanyard (because I keep my college card on it, which also serves as my room key) and they haven't fallen off/been damaged yet. Of course I understand why you'd want to keep them extra safe, I'm just saying that if you needed/wanted to use the regular/Merch pin backs at any time that you'd probably be OK :D

• NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular

They *should* be OK, I'd wager. I wear my pins every day on the Core lanyard (because I keep my college card on it, which also serves as my room key) and they haven't fallen off/been damaged yet. Of course I understand why you'd want to keep them extra safe, I'm just saying that if you needed/wanted to use the regular/Merch pin backs at any time that you'd probably be OK :D

The small amount of times I've worn them, I haven't had many issues. One or two of them sort of came loose after getting a bit snagged by my shirt, it seemed, but none have ever fallen off. Though, I do worry when I wear them, and find myself compulsively checking the lanyard, so I get where @Vaanrose is coming from.

Jim SharkmagicKamelon
    I've never had a pin fall of. But I'm not gonna let them get the chance to, either. The locking backs are like 10 cents a piece, and that's a good price for peace of mind.

I don't see a problem with most of the pins, but some of them are starting to get heavy. The anniversary pin looks massive.

My PINS

I've never had a pin fall of. But I'm not gonna let them get the chance to, either. The locking backs are like 10 cents a piece, and that's a good price for peace of mind.

I don't see a problem with most of the pins, but some of them are starting to get heavy. The anniversary pin looks massive.

Yeah, I was worried about that anniversary pin too-it looks super heavy :/ Guess we'll have to wait and see when we have it in hand!

(Apologies for the profile photo change btw, just to confuse everyone!)

Less than forty eight hours until the Pin Drop! How are you passing the time? Personally I keep glancing at the clock hoping I entered a temporary fugue state and that it's now Monday.

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Insaneloon wrote: »
    Less than forty eight hours until the Pin Drop! How are you passing the time? Personally I keep glancing at the clock hoping I entered a temporary fugue state and that it's now Monday.

Setting alarms and making sure I sleep now.

Clix
  • KamelonKamelon Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Less than forty eight hours until the Pin Drop! How are you passing the time?

Sporadically freaking out, then relaxing again, as I remember that in Australia the Pin Drop is on Tuesday.

And now, going to go run a tabletop roleplaying session for my wife.

Kamelon on
    Pinny Arcade Collection & Trades
    Heroic Coaching & Consulting - Personal Development & Coaching For Nerds

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6423-4833

"Every suggestion from the FAQ with a link? Kamelon. A truly Organised Pinthusiast." - PedroAsani
    VotucuInsaneloon
  • VotucuVotucu Registered User regular
    Less than forty eight hours until the Pin Drop! How are you passing the time?
    Triple-checking that 2pm PST is definitely 9am Tuesday, my time.

Drayven_DarkoAyefkayKamelon
  • mayoukonekomayoukoneko Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Kamelon wrote: »
    Sporadically freaking out, then relaxing again, as I remember that in Australia the Pin Drop is on Tuesday.
    I had this same mini panic attack this morning thinking I wasn't going to get to work in time to buy them @[email protected]

• reneguagereneguage Registered User regular
    Dawn of the final day: less than 24 hours remain

Drayven_DarkoKamelon
  • AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Alarms set. Disposable income replenished. Brain squirrels on guard.

I am prepared.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
    LadymooseVotucu
  • SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    I have class at 5 p.m. EST (when the pin is on sale). I think I will be late to class.

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Slight personal tangent for a moment... Just received the last 3 pins I needed. Now I'm completely up to date for 2013! (minus December pin releases)

Bring on 2014!

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
    Kamelonreneguage
  • KamelonKamelon Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    @Ladymoose Thanks for the Hallowinner trophy!

Also, I just earned the 15th Anniversary badge! https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/badges/0JY49H5CUR2T.png

Now just need the pin to match.

Kamelon on
    Pinny Arcade Collection & Trades
    Heroic Coaching & Consulting - Personal Development & Coaching For Nerds

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6423-4833

"Every suggestion from the FAQ with a link? Kamelon. A truly Organised Pinthusiast." - PedroAsani
    reneguageAyefkaypurevalClix
  • purevalpureval Registered User regular

Same way I do every night Insaneloon... trying to take over the world!

InsaneloonArithon32Kamelon
  • HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    I read 2pm PST as the release time for today, anxiously awaiting...!

"Perception is reality." -unknown
    I'm actually crossing a time zone today, so I'm super paranoid that I'm going to forget where I am and screw up the Drop. Less than eight hours to go!

• SKOoOTASKOoOTA Ascot Vale, Australia.Registered User regular
    Awesome thread Manic2k, great to see. Count me in.

• HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    I'm actually crossing a time zone today, so I'm super paranoid that I'm going to forget where I am and screw up the Drop. Less than eight hours to go!

It might vary by phone, but I believe most smartphones will automatically adjust based on time zone if you set an alarm/reminder. This depends on having connectivity when you have crossed the time zone (so that your phone can recognize your new geographic area and change the time accordingly), but you should be okay.

"Perception is reality." -unknown
  • reneguagereneguage Registered User regular
    PIN-DROP BEARS! ASSEMBLE!!!

• 00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    I'm surprised it is so quiet today. When Hanna dropped this thread was on fire with people commenting. haha

• JuicesirJuicesir The Boy with the D&D Tattoo Registered User regular
    I think it's because we're all quietly camping the store, even more so than last time, fingers carefully poised to click the buttons necessary to purchase that sweet, sweet pin.

Clix
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    I just hope the 15th anniversary pin is $15 like Hanna.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    There's significant activity in IRC.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Juicesir wrote: »
    I think it's because we're all quietly camping the store, even more so than last time, fingers carefully poised to click the buttons necessary to purchase that sweet, sweet pin.

The pin and the sweet, sweet scarf. I assume the re-drawn first comic will be available for awhile, so I'm just grabbing 2 pins and the scarf as fast as I can.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • BrewtiConBrewtiCon Registered User regular
    That countdown feeling is coming on. Getting hard to concentrate on Pokemon and not the clock.

Take a look at my pins
  • Arithon32Arithon32 Member of the Pinquisition Registered User regular
    Anybody know if the Featured page on the store will get updated this time, or should I be camping Twitter again for the link?

vru37z14gk5j.png

This discussion has been closed.