As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pinny Arcade - Pinny Pal Community thread

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Very happy they fixed the shipping prices. Got my 2, now we wait.

• Options
    AxonAxon Registered User regular
    Midas244 wrote: »
    Weird... shipping to NYC only cost $3.76 ... seems random to me

Brooklyn, NY here. $10.96 shipping.

• Options
    DaisyDaisy Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    About 800 anniversary pins left now. Looks like they might last until tonight or early tomorrow.

Sounds like 2000 is a good number for limited stuff... doesn't sell out quite so crazy fast.

Edit: Shipping-wise mine was about $8 to CA. Weird that there's so much variation...

Daisy on
  • Options
    KamelonKamelon Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Pinny Arcade Collection & Trades
    Heroic Coaching & Consulting - Personal Development & Coaching For Nerds

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6423-4833

"Every suggestion from the FAQ with a link? Kamelon. A truly Organised Pinthusiast." - PedroAsani
  • Options
    VersuserikVersuserik (E) Versuserik Maui HawaiiRegistered User regular
    Very pleasant, non-stressful purchase. Super cool. $3.76 shipping for 2 pins to Hawaii!

PAX PRIME 2015 Status:
    [♦ ] 4 Day Passes
    [♦ ] Hotel
    [ ] Plane Tickets
    [♦]Working my ass off to pay for all this shit.
  • Options
    LuthienLuthien Halifax, NSRegistered User regular
    Super easy pin buy this time around, shipping was like everyone else $9.47 to Canuckistan. Much less stressful, now here's hoping that the scarves aren't super limited & i can get them later on... Hoping to do one big christmas order.

• Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    I got my 2 and a scarf. It was $3 or so shipping to NH. I picked the cheapest option. I can wait. Probably will not trade it until PAX East anyway.

• Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    I'm diving in - picked up the starter set and the 15th Anniversary Pin, hopefully this doesn't become an obsession...

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'm diving in - picked up the starter set and the 15th Anniversary Pin, hopefully this doesn't become an obsession...

Oh, it will......

It will.......

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    AxonAxon Registered User regular

One of us, one of us...

Welcome to the best community on the internet. I've never seen anything quite like the pin pals, and I'm as cynical as they come.

• Options
    Axon wrote: »

One of us, one of us...

Welcome to the best community on the internet. I've never seen anything quite like the pin pals, and I'm as cynical as they come.

Agreed. Its been just about a year and I literally haven't experienced one negative thing or noticed one person behaving badly towards another or the community. Everyone happily shares stories and experiences and frequently help each other out, for pins or otherwise.

Its just great.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    InsaneloonInsaneloon Jefferson City, MissouriRegistered User regular
    Welcome to the group @Dreamwriter! Someone will be along with your brain squirrel shortly. Don't mind him, you'll grow to love his incessant gnawing...and if you don't, no worries, all you have to do is feed it a shiny new pin!

• Options
    Insaneloon wrote: »
    Welcome to the group @Dreamwriter! Someone will be along with your brain squirrel shortly. Don't mind him, you'll grow to love his incessant gnawing...and if you don't, no worries, all you have to do is feed it a shiny new pin!

The fact that he is here buying pins means the squirrels have already taken shelter in his brain.

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
  • Options
    PedroAsani wrote: »

Wow, I don't know Killer Instinct at all, but I may need to acquire that pin anyway. It looks so awesome!

"Every suggestion from the FAQ with a link? Kamelon. A truly Organised Pinthusiast." - PedroAsani
  • Options
    With each new pin in that set i see, i am increasingly more happy i swapped which next gen console id get first. Cannot wait to get them in my hands.

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    InsaneloonInsaneloon Jefferson City, MissouriRegistered User regular
    The quality and level of detail of the KI pins is spectacular. I'm really excited to see the whole set.

• Options
    rndoomrndoom Registered User new member
    Got my pins! Doom is pleased!!!!

(Now to finish my display to hang up my set in the castle...)

• Options
    LadymooseLadymoose Registered User regular
    I was not interested at all in the KI pins and reeeaalllyyy not a fan of le Xbone (do love our 360 and Windows though...) but OH SNAP that pin is badass!

• Options
    itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    Ordered my pin and the new classic Gabe t-shirt...looking forward to getting my hands on these!

signature.png
  • Options
    LadymooseLadymoose Registered User regular
    Nefily wrote: »
    hah my shipping was $36.10 USD but i got my 2 limited, 3 other pin sets, scarf and print to ausland :P not bad imo
    Ouch. My shipping was $19.29 for 2 15th pins and a Halloween set to Victoria Australia. Not a great deal on shipping but not too bad either.
    @Nefily are you way out in WA or chillin with penguins south of Tassie or something? Maybe the scarves are bigger than I'm imagining...

...OR MAYBE THE 15TH PINS ARE ACTUALLY MASSIVE!!! Orrr my brain squirrel mutated into a conspiracy skunk.

• Options
    I got two pins, shirt, scarf to the ACT for about US$24 postage.

• Options
    NefilyNefily Melbourne AURegistered User regular
    No Just melbourne :) I think its the print that requires a bigger box the last prints i got where flat packed with pins on top.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    I ordered 2 pins, scarf and gabe shirt, $23 shipping to QLD Aus.

New pins ordered AND Halloween set arrived.

BEST. DAY. EVAAAAR.

Ayefkay on

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Manic2kManic2k Brotherhood of the Squirrel [AUS]Registered User regular
    Glad everyone is covered :3

Pinny arcade - Pin Pals community page: www.facebook.com/pinnypals
    Community Pinny Arcade Trading web site: http://www.pinnypals.com
    Pinny Arcade - Pin Pals twitter: @PA_PinPals
    SubReddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/pinnypals
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pinnypals
  • Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    Well I've just officially ordered my first Pinny Arcade pin (15 anniversary). I'm scared as to where this will lead me but I'm also excited for the upcoming PAX East set that I can now wait to add to my collection :D

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    VegaObscuraVegaObscura Registered User regular
    Haha same here, Mike. Planning on hopping in at PAX East, for sure.

...the scarf is tempting me something fierce, as well. I picked up my first PAX East scarf this year...

• Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    Haha same here, Mike. Planning on hopping in at PAX East, for sure.

...the scarf is tempting me something fierce, as well. I picked up my first PAX East scarf this year...

Lol this past East is also when I picked up my scarf! At this point I figure I have a PAX scarf so I don't need another Penny Arcade scarf yet. Glad I could get into it with such a cool pin though

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    You can never have enough scarfs!

The newer PAX scarfs are fantastic and are so soft. I assume the anniversary one is the same.

I'm pretty excited with how my stockpile of tradable pins is coming along.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Interesting to see 15th ann. is still for sale. Hanna sold out in just under an hour, right? I know there are 2000 this time, twice as much as hanna, I still expected them to all be gone by now.

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    Interesting to see 15th ann. is still for sale. Hanna sold out in just under an hour, right? I know there are 2000 this time, twice as much as hanna, I still expected them to all be gone by now.

I think that part of the reason Hanna sold out so fast was speculators. They thought they could resell her for a quick buck. They still have inventory so they held off this time.

Either that or there are approximately 500 or so big collectors, but not 1,000.

• Options
    darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    pureval wrote: »
    Ayefkay wrote: »

I think that part of the reason Hanna sold out so fast was speculators. They thought they could resell her for a quick buck. They still have inventory so they held off this time.

Either that or there are approximately 500 or so big collectors, but not 1,000.
    I agree with that. They though they can make the same money they can make on the sets from PAX. I know people like me are going to have them for big trades.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Options
    For anyone interested (with deep pockets) a lot of Pinny Arcade pins is going up for live auction today (11/19) at 2PM PST for Desert Bus. All staff pins (I think), CTS, Zombie Tycho, Mr. Pigglesworth, both Chandra's and more.

• Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm also surprised that 15th Anniversary pins are still available. No excuses about not getting one now!

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm not surprised at all. I think that there are likely a whole lot of people that don't know that the pins even exist outside of PAX.

• Options
    Kind of figures about the 15th Anniversary. I did not buy an extra Hanna, which sold out and will have trade value. I did buy an extra 15th, which probably won't.

• Options
    Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    I think they really need to scale back on the numbers being produced. It seems like most pins were made in groups of 1K. This is probably the biggest batch outside of CTS & Zombie Tycho. I can understand because it's the 15th anniversary, and this gives fans that are not Pinny Pals the ability to join in the fun. There should be Limited pins in batches of 300 or 500 at the most. Maybe very limited pins only given to PA employes for how long they have been at the company or Childs Play auction pins limited to 1 or 2. If every Pinny Pal that wants a pin has an equal chance of getting one it throws off the whole economy.

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • Options
    00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    Jake Capps wrote: »
    I think they really need to scale back on the numbers being produced. It seems like most pins were made in groups of 1K. This is probably the biggest batch outside of CTS & Zombie Tycho. I can understand because it's the 15th anniversary, and this gives fans that are not Pinny Pals the ability to join in the fun. There should be Limited pins in batches of 300 or 500 at the most. Maybe very limited pins only given to PA employes for how long they have been at the company or Childs Play auction pins limited to 1 or 2. If every Pinny Pal that wants a pin has an equal chance of getting one it throws off the whole economy.

I was just having this discussion with someone yesterday. I too agree that for at least the next year or so they shouldn't do 'limited pin' runs over 1K. It just makes them feel LESS limited when they don't sell out and are sitting there. Once the fan base grows some more of course this can change.

I am glad that everyone was able to get one that wanted one...but it seems that 1000 was about the cap of the immediate demand for the pin as after that the only tweets that went out are that 'it looks like the pins will be there until tomorrow'.

• Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    They are still learning the pin business. They tried 1000 for Hannah, it sold out too quickly. 2000 for this, too slow. Maybe next time, 1500 would work better.

• Options
    SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    I got my two yesterday and was late to class. I regret nothing.

This discussion has been closed.