As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV:ARR] Ghosts and Coblyns coming next week!

• vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Arthil wrote: »
    vamen wrote: »
    Ladies and gentleman, do any of you know what all the various icons and letters that popup on the enmity bar mean?

dZfkAaZ.jpg

Green=DPS harder Yellow= MOAR DEEPS Orange=Slow down a -little- Red= OH GOD MY FACE

Ah ha...thanks so much.
    Do you know about the letter? I saw 'A' which I assume means aggro, what about R and S and Y and X?

EDIT - nevermind, the letters literally appear to just go down the alphabet. I guess so you can call out a monster.

vamen on
  • GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm currently playing on phoenix all alone and friendless.. Might I join you fine gentlemans?

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yes! Please do!

Sarg likes to lock character creation though, so please try and make your catgirl at a low population time of day.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2013
    I aint ever played no cat girl! ... I was a manthra though.. I'm making a lalafell now.

Grat Thunderian (kept the same name from my manthra)

Grath on
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    I was a mithra when the Carbuncle linkshell spam was all about mithra fun holes and meat rods.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    woo i'm starting. can someone send an invite to phyla zuul

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    OK, all three copies gone. So sowwy.

• BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    How dare we bottom page awesome poses!

m2Uv0rL.jpg

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    OK, all three copies gone. So sowwy.

No worries!

Ill be playing soon. Checking gamestop tomorrow and if not hopefully digital sales open up!

Not today.
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Ladies and gentleman, do any of you know what all the various icons and letters that popup on the enmity bar mean?

dZfkAaZ.jpg

Green=DPS harder Yellow= MOAR DEEPS Orange=Slow down a -little- Red= OH GOD MY FACE

Ah ha...thanks so much.
    Do you know about the letter? I saw 'A' which I assume means aggro, what about R and S and Y and X?

EDIT - nevermind, the letters literally appear to just go down the alphabet. I guess so you can call out a monster.

Yeah, they're for groups to identify targets. All group members see the same letter on each mob.

• BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    Just took this screenshot of a guy with Relic+1. All glowy and shit.

fwMHO2O.jpg

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    It's gonna take me so long to get relics, assuming I can tolerate the duty finder.

• DeadspaceDeadspace Registered User regular
    Well computer was giving me poop now lobby server is wee.
    - Ai'thon

"War Within, War Without, War Unending." catechism of the Space Wolves 13th Chapter.
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Also, for any weavers who don't know, there are levequests that reward 10 diremite per, and you can get them to repeat. For instance, the level 20/25 WVR leves have a chance of rewarding diremite, and if you're submitting HQ for the 3 coifs of gathering (in Quarrymill), I have yet to have that not repeat. So typically I'll get at least 30 diremite webs for 9 HQ coifs of gathering. Basically, you can just farm cotton and turn it into diremite webs, if you don't want to fight with people over diremite spawns.

• KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Greg USN wrote: »
    Thing is I don't see abusing fates any worse that abusing dungeon mechanics for speed runs. I'm mean it the same thing you are just grinding a different number in a way that square enix did not intend.

When instead of going out and doing 50 fates, dungeon runs, what have you to gain XP, you just sit in a pair of 8 man zerg rush parties spamming AOE while the game accidentally serves up free XP, that's a huuuuuuge exploit. It's no different if you discovered you could craft something that vendored for 10x or 50x more than the equivalent items you could craft, and proceeding to join the rest of the huge horde of people at the guildhall spamming quick synth.
    Ledneh wrote: »
    Hooray, Dragoon unlocked. That gives me three, with Warrior (34) and Paladin (30).

Didn't realize from looking at xivdb that Jump was off the GCD. That explains a lot! Makes the class a lot more interesting.

.... Huh. That's... interesting, actually.

I have been considering going Dragoon...

KiTA on
    so my quest reward gear is useless unless i get it repaired?

also if anyone can give me a ghost invite i'd appreciate it. char name is Phyla Zuul

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    @initiatefailure What do you mean? I mean, yeah you wanna mend your gear at an npc every once in a while but...

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    So how does the crafter/harvester "AF" stuff work? I noticed all the pieces, including the weapon, are quest rewards from the same quest? Is it repeatable or something?

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    KiTA wrote: »
    Thing is I don't see abusing fates any worse that abusing dungeon mechanics for speed runs. I'm mean it the same thing you are just grinding a different number in a way that square enix did not intend.

When instead of going out and doing 50 fates, dungeon runs, what have you to gain XP, you just sit in a pair of 8 man zerg rush parties spamming AOE while the game accidentally serves up free XP, that's a huuuuuuge exploit. It's no different if you discovered you could craft something that vendored for 10x or 50x more than the equivalent items you could craft, and proceeding to join the rest of the huge horde of people at the guildhall spamming quick synth.
    Hooray, Dragoon unlocked. That gives me three, with Warrior (34) and Paladin (30).

Didn't realize from looking at xivdb that Jump was off the GCD. That explains a lot! Makes the class a lot more interesting.

Haters gonna hate.

9KmX8eN.jpg
    @initiatefailure What do you mean? I mean, yeah you wanna mend your gear at an npc every once in a while but...

oh nvm the only option the gear was giving me was repair... it was because i can't equip it till 5

• DesmondPfeifferDesmondPfeiffer The secret diary of- Registered User regular
    Spoilered for being too adorable.
    522f2Cm.jpg

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Are there any 50 BSMs yet that can meld materia for relic weapons?

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    :(
    Finally got into longstop and I try casting protect but it doesn't update anyone's status
    I try stoneskin but same thing
    Also why isn't anyone moving
    -Connection lost-
    Think I might feel worse for them

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular

Oh I agree, I think they are both very exploitey.

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Wow I tanked the first dungeon I ever did.

I somehow wandered in all the right directions as people followed me too (not that the first one seems to be complicated on where to go, but there are a few areas I could have pulled some extra pulls on accident)

Had no issues and the healer congratulated us so I say thats a win. But after everything I said about the basic combat and slow GCD I still had a bit of shellshock when I first started doing it and I am NO stranger to tanking.

• IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    I may have just woken up the house shrieking with glee from the cute.

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    Just finished the story.
    That was amazing. I was really invested by the end there. I love how they ended it but kept it going in a way. Also, they tied in the hard mode primals to the story, very cool.

What was that at the end where the Ascian dudes where talking about bahamut?

• LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular

I still haven't figured out exactly when is good to use it though, 'cos the animation is quite long and stoppers other abilities in the interim. Sure is fun and neat lookin', though.

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Are there any 50 BSMs yet that can meld materia for relic weapons?

I found a crafter by shouting pretty fast.

Why Red, White, and Blue?

h7i0.png

Because America! Fuck Yeah!

crbx.png

• SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Just ran through Amdapor for the first time with a PA group. Thanks for showing me the ropes of tanking it and putting up with my silly mistakes, guys!

I ended up getting my first piece of darklight, a piece of level 60 gear, and my Second Lieutenant weapon because of that run, so I feel a bit less squishy now.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    Man, I can see what that crazy guy on the official forums was talking about with Cat girls having absolutely 0 ass. It's kind of disgusting and make me sick, way to go square.

"If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Minerva_SC wrote: »
    Man, I can see what that crazy guy on the official forums was talking about with Cat girls having absolutely 0 ass. It's kind of disgusting and make me sick, way to go square.

*blink* *blink*

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    I found the one good thing about being stuck on a Japanese server, there's virtually no gil spam. I've blacklisted one person total compared to 4-5 every time I go on an American server. Jeez, they really need a report button.

Invisible on
  • Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    I'm getting seriously disheartened with HM Ifrit. I've done the place so many times I don't ever want to see the color red again. I have the interrupts down so well that I can be falling asleep and still get everyone. Still no warrior weapon. Just did a run were the paladin failed miserably on interrupts and me and a dps had to do it in phase 3 and we limp to victory. Of course the pally weapon drops. The game is just screwing with me at this point.

"If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Well I had my first real run in with complete fuckturds. Essentially whined and talked shit about me after the first pull when they refused to sleep. Lot's of "OMG learn your fucking job before you do dungeons!". "See that button labeled overpower, press it!". It must be nice to play DPS and not actually feel like wasting the effort of using what little you have in the way of utility in favor of sweet big numbers.

If you decide to unload after I pull with tomahawk and have yet to even actually hit anything in melee, your problem not mine.

It was basically like being stuck with complete assholes in a game of dota. First time I've just left a party mid dungeon.

dispatch.o on
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Mj540Fo.jpg

If you aren't doing all your quests and FATEs in Costa De Sol wearing swimwear, then you aren't truly living.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Dang, so UI/control settings aren't saved server side. Anyone know what file(s) might contain these things so I can copy it to my laptop so I don't have to reset up my whole display?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Invisible wrote: »
    I found the one good thing about being stuck on a Japanese server, there's virtually no gil spam. I've blacklisted one person total compared to 4-5 every time I go on an American server. Jeez, they really need a report button.

You can report, but it's an obtuse process involving moving through the customer support menus.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
This discussion has been closed.