As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GTA5] Old thread, ready to lock.

• DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    Joined the crew as MintyVision. I'm pretty sure my gold sub is still up and running... Better actually reconnect my xbox to the TV. Curse Rockstar and their no PC release ways. I am resigned to a double dip.

Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • CapsaicinCapsaicin I asked my 2 y/o son to draw a pic of my German mom, and thats what we got. Registered User regular
    This game sounds fantastic. So does the single player story play connected so there are always other players in your game like Dark Souls?

capsaicin_zps254b275f.png
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    Capsaicin wrote: »
    This game sounds fantastic. So does the single player story play connected so there are always other players in your game like Dark Souls?

No, single player and GTA:Online are completely separate. However, it's sounding like a lot of the missions and activities from Single player are available in GTA:O.

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    I wonder if you can have multiple crews trying to do the same mission? I can just imagine the chaos if you could have 4 4-person crews all trying to steal the cargo plane at the same time.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I liked this line myself..
    "I've always felt character creators in games to be a bit wacky - pulling the ears and noses to change the way they look seems wrong," says Rockstar North president Leslie Benzies. "That's not how humans are made in the real world. Normally it involves a man, a woman, and some sexy time.

"This is the basis of how we do it in Grand Theft Auto Online: Choose your mum, dad, and grandparents, then out pops your character. You then spend time choosing your lifestyle, making choices about the kinds of things your character spends time doing, whether they spend more time partying or sitting on the couch or doing criminal activities than sleeping and being athletic - and your character is complete."

The skills you start with are based on the lifestyle you have chosen for your character, but just like the three GTA V protagonists, you can upgrade your various skills, buy new property, and customize your look by spending money on haircuts, tattoos, and clothing.
    My first character is going to have a black paternal grandfather, an Asian paternal grandmother, a native american grandfather, and a latino grandmother.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I wonder if you can have multiple crews trying to do the same mission? I can just imagine the chaos if you could have 4 4-person crews all trying to steal the cargo plane at the same time.

Or if one crew is hired to provide security for the plane.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Thin Mints are the WORST!

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    one thing I hope is in GTA online is synchronized radio stations. In past games the radios were different for everyone, I wanna be able to change the station and it be reflected for everyone/have everyone hearing a song at the same time. it's a small detail but one that would make a big difference.

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I imagine that could get annoying for people though.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    maybe have it be a toggle or something, I just want to say "this is a good song" and not have to look up which one it is to tell my friends.

• rvrv Registered User regular
    I have nothing to say about the release of GTA:V, but...

Frozen Thin Mints are the Way, the Truth, and the Light.

steam_sig.png
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    "I've always felt character creators in games to be a bit wacky - pulling the ears and noses to change the way they look seems wrong," says Rockstar North president Leslie Benzies. "That's not how humans are made in the real world. Normally it involves a man, a woman, and some sexy time.

"This is the basis of how we do it in Grand Theft Auto Online: Choose your mum, dad, and grandparents, then out pops your character. You then spend time choosing your lifestyle, making choices about the kinds of things your character spends time doing, whether they spend more time partying or sitting on the couch or doing criminal activities than sleeping and being athletic - and your character is complete."

Mind Blown

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
    edited September 2013
    FYI, If you "STALK" the fake companies on Rockstar's Fake Facebook

www.lifeinvader.com

you'll get discounts at said retailers in-game.

Edit: url linking was being weird

CarbonFire on
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    one thing I hope is in GTA online is synchronized radio stations. In past games the radios were different for everyone, I wanna be able to change the station and it be reflected for everyone/have everyone hearing a song at the same time. it's a small detail but one that would make a big difference.

Well I'd imagine if you are all in the same vehicle everyone will hear the same song. It would be neat if only the driver and the front passenger could change the station.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    They talk about that in an IGN preview, a buddy jumps in the car shotgun and changes the station and the driver (the IGN player) tells him to change it back.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »
    They talk about that in an IGN preview, a buddy jumps in the car shotgun and changes the station and the driver (the IGN player) tells him to change it back.

Do I smell buddy cop movie sheningans.

• Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    I kind of like that. The driver controls where you go, but the passenger controls the radio. I can foresee lot's of "If you don't turn that fucking radio station I'm gonna stop this car right now." arguments.

• LouieLouie Registered User regular
    When he talks about shouting hurry up in in his headset and the cashier responding, is he just dramatising??

camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
    Louie wrote: »
    When he talks about shouting hurry up in in his headset and the cashier responding, is he just dramatising??

I don't think so, I've read similar things to that at least two other places

Yeah, several previews have talked about the game responding to your voice commands. Your character will move his lips when you're talking, and NPCs will supposedly respond to the volume(?) of your commands.

• Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    previews said a lot of nonsense about GTA4 before it came out, too.

• DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular

Correct - this was actually a highlight in one of the previous previews from RockStar... I'll be damned if I can't find it now. Yes, yelling at your TV is now a thing that can actually be constructive to your game.

Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
  • LouieLouie Registered User regular
    What if I'm yelling at my crew for having an impromptu, masks and briefs dance party in a heist and the game thinks I'm yelling at victims?

They get spooked, someone trips a silent alarm or tries to be a hero and gets himself killed!

camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Allforce wrote: »

Do I smell buddy cop movie sheningans.

"Don't you touch my radio don't you ever touch a black man's radio!"

Only got Rush Hour, can't remember any lines like that from Lethal Weapon.

• KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    That blurb about the online is great and all, but what if I want to run a crew of cops and go after other players while they try to pull that shit off?

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Kreutz wrote: »
    That blurb about the online is great and all, but what if I want to run a crew of cops and go after other players while they try to pull that shit off?
    Play APB?

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Welp. . .Franklin don't play:
    ibtj8NmZ8pz5yq.gif

(Animation spoiler)

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    I'm actually looking forward to playing as Franklin way more than Michael or Crazy Guy (Trevor?)

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I kind of like that. The driver controls where you go, but the passenger controls the radio. I can foresee lot's of "If you don't turn that fucking radio station I'm gonna stop this car right now." arguments.

I foresee many team-killing incidents stemming from this.

Also Crew demotions/promotions.

"You're great in the field and you're a crack shot, but you have the worst taste in music. Like, just the worst. So you're back to being Muscle."

All I'm saying is that if I'm driving, you better like classical because when I rampage or drive to a heist that's what's playing.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • kozmokozmo Titan VRegistered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    previews said a lot of nonsense about GTA4 before it came out, too.

It's probably legit. A bunch of online games have been doing the lip sync and expression thing for a while. EverQuest 2 e.g. uses lip sync when you talk, and your avatar will mimic your expressions if you have a cam on your face (but that sheet is creepy, no thanks).

This isn't the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    ­
    steam_sig.png
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    I feel like I'm probably more of a Michael kinda guy, though I can't really say what will happen when this game gets ahold of me.

I will say that I've never looked forward to multiplayer more in any (non-MMO) game prior to this.

• DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    I'm looking forward to all the characters, really. Also praying I can make a biker in the multiplayer so I can be Lost-esque (favourite part of GTA IV was tLaD).

Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Holy shit that gif is awesome!

Can't. Wait.

• AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Joined the club as AvalonGuard on the 360. Think I still have some Gold sub left over.

With each iteration, I'm more and more impressed with what Rockstar has been able to achieve with the Euphoria engine. Can't wait to see it fully in action!

• DonauDonau Registered User regular
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    Capsaicin wrote: »

No, single player and GTA:Online are completely separate. However, it's sounding like a lot of the missions and activities from Single player are available in GTA:O.

So MP yoga?

Some kind of multiplayer relay race would be kind of cool, especially if you can bet on it. Gambling makes everything better.

I always gambled my money away in RDR. :(

ED! wrote: »
    Welp. . .Franklin don't play:
    ibtj8NmZ8pz5yq.gif

(Animation spoiler)

Awesome, there's a real sense of weight and impact behind that punch.

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    One thing I'm hoping with multiplayer is that it doesn't take a ton of time to get the better clothing. Like the suits in GTAIV actually looked good and I hope to sport something similar rather quickly.

This discussion has been closed.