As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GTA5] Old thread, ready to lock.

• Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    With no one on to do stuff with I decided to just start hitting convenience stores. By the third one I got an instant 3 star that had a hoard of cars and a chopper on me. One hectic ass chase that involved a car swap and a run through the storm drains and I'm up to $16k. Lot of property too choose from, including multiple apartments in a single building. All the nice ones are $350k+, so they'll take a while.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Voro wrote: »
    And the matchmaking system has already deemed a 2v1 last man standing match as acceptable to start. Yeah, making huge progress there, Rockstar.

Anyone know where I can find an ATM?

dude, the online thing is barely a few hours old... o_o

edit: and it's asscrack AM.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    downerdowner Registered User regular
    I have to work all day and I'm not sure which I would prefer more; to read all of your awesome stories from playing together while I'm working, or for the servers to meltdown so you all suffer with me..

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Servers are deaaaaad.

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    I believe you'll be entertained by a combination of both, most likely.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Well, since the servers died might as well finally go to sleep. See the 360 folks online later.

• Options
    Inter_dInter_d Registered User regular
    Well, I set the world record for the first race, bet that'll last like 5 minutes so I'll bask in the glory for now.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Cross-posting from SE so please forgive me-
    Weaver wrote: »
    I had changed the voice settings on who I can hear in an online session to crew & friends only, and now I can't find the way to change it back to being able to hear everyone.

Anyone know how I can change this? I'll imaginary bake you imaginary cookies for a working answer!

• Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    I don't know how you're supposed to survive the tutorial hold up alone when all the fucking cops are right outside with shotguns.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    It's working? Shit I need to sleep :(

• Options
    headshots and body armor? idk...

got stuck at "waiting for other players" on the tutorial race... would have been lovely to not get thrown into that right off, but eh. I'll try again later.

• Options
    BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    trying to get online to play with you guys, got day off work so hit me up

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    I seriously don't get why they held this off if they felt we needed hand holding all over again.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Well, since the servers died might as well finally go to sleep. See the 360 folks online later.
    [
    that explains it. I don't even have the option on my phone now. weird.

edit: I am crazy and imagined there being a 9th button.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    So can you make your own private games? Or were the servers not up long enough for anyone to be able to play around with server options?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    You can set up a solo session, but I don't know what the limitations are since it's still down

• Options
    I got a solo session but I appear to be online

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    How does aiming work in multi? Are you forced to/expected to use aim assist or is free aim still a toggle/viable?

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    so... this is a pretty poor launch huh? nothing is working... oh well

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    so... this is a pretty poor launch huh? nothing is working... oh well
    Seems like every other publisher-hosted MP launch ever.

jdarksun on
  • Options
    I had changed the voice settings on who I can hear in an online session to crew & friends only, and now I can't find the way to change it back to being able to hear everyone.

Anyone know how I can change this? I'll imaginary bake you imaginary cookies for a working answer!

Anyone, please?

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Servers at the moment are "COME ON AND SLAM! AND WELCOME TO THE JAM!"

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    KryhsKryhs Registered User regular

Anyone, please?

In RDR I believe it was toggled on the multiplayer status menu, and not an actual pause menu. I can't get into the online stuff still so I can't test, but I don't see anything in the settings.

• Options
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    First initial experience: "The Rockstar cloud is down". That made me giggle more than it should.

Gotta agree that the character creation sucks. Neat in principle, but every single female I tried to make, be it mother or the player, looked ugly as fuck. The grandparent option may as well not even exist if they're going to be such tiny, undefined blobs. And picking John Marston as the father just makes the character look the same anyways, regardless of any other sliders I fiddled with.

Really got a kick out of the "stats" being hours spent doing activities.

And then... cannot create host, try again later.

So... pretty much went down as I thought it would. :)

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    I want my online character to be Molly's daughter.

In a pantsuit.

What?

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    Kryhs wrote: »

Anyone, please?

In RDR I believe it was toggled on the multiplayer status menu, and not an actual pause menu. I can't get into the online stuff still so I can't test, but I don't see anything in the settings.

I have pushed every button in every which way, and looked over every start menu option. I can't find it.

• Options
    KryhsKryhs Registered User regular
    Kryhs wrote: »

Anyone, please?

I have pushed every button in every which way, and looked over every start menu option. I can't find it.

You're actually currently online and in a game and are having this problem? Consider yourself lucky to be online :P. Is there a menu via Select? Any options there?

• Options
    Kyoka SuigetsuKyoka Suigetsu Odin gave his left eye for knowledge. I would give far more Registered User regular
    My online character is basically Mike Ross, training for evo

cos the only way to get better at street fighter is to fight on the streets

• Options
    sliver911sliver911 Registered User regular
    sliver911 wrote: »
    I'm all about getting super hyped up and throwing my controler through my TV when a connection error pops up.

So, this happened.......

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    I'm all about getting super hyped up and throwing my controler through my TV when a connection error pops up.

So, this happened.......

Was it when you got wasted for the 50th time last night? :)

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    Sweet. I'm in.

• Options
    Wrote my guy kinda looks like me. Sorta. If you squint. And I was digital. And better looking :(

• Options
    So your activities highly impact the way you look. If you speed all your time doing illegal activities, your character looks beat to shit.

If you want to look pretty, try having a legit job.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Started off with a female myself, and she looked alright, IDK?

Either way I'm worried now that my character didn't save properly. Not the best start, but it's a free service, so yeah.

edit: I can't even get to the socialclub site to check now... =\

edit: also, the opening for the female players is probably why there isn't a female protagonist in the game. idk if I could do a full game worth of that. :P

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    VoroVoro Registered User regular
    I just tossed a fellow Wang from my car. D: In my defense, he was dead in my driver's seat.

XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • Options
    Voro wrote: »
    I just tossed a fellow Wang from my car. D: In my defense, he was dead in my driver's seat.

His connection to the matrix was severed.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Ha, Cloud servers unavailable. When it drops me to story mode, I can no long select which character to play. Whoops.

• Options
    Nosf wrote: »
    Ha, Cloud servers unavailable. When it drops me to story mode, I can no long select which character to play. Whoops.
    Go get wasted, it resets.

This discussion has been closed.