As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Will this work? (Ipod Touch and Spotify)

KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
My work just decided to not allow phones to be out and in use due to camera and sensitive information. They don't have a problem with us listening to music, so they're allowing mp3 players as long as they don't have a camera.

I use spotify on my phone, with my favorite playlist saved to it, but also sometimes stream random music. I was thinking of getting an Ipod Touch , downloading Spotify, and then getting an app on my phone to use it as a wireless hotspot. That should let me use Spotify to continue streaming music, correct?

• Options
    darqnessdarqness KCMORegistered User regular
    How close will you be to your phone that it will allow you to use it as a hot spot?

• Options
    edited September 2013
    I'm keeping my phone in my drawer, so less than a foot away.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Just buy a Zune. Seriously, as solely an MP3 player/subscription model, they're great.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    iPod touch has a camera, by the way. It's basically the phone less version of the iPhone unless you go back to the early models.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Fuck.

Can anyone recommend an android based MP3 player that would work for my purposes?

• Options
    darqnessdarqness KCMORegistered User regular
    The older iPod touches don't have cameras. Meaning they'll be a more affordable solution.
    Should work as far as I know.

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Wait you only listen to one essential playlist? Just get some wireless headphones? Get a pair of DJ headphones with a really long cord and run it out the back of the drawer?

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Maybe this is a dumb question, but what's stopping you from just using the Spotify desktop client?

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg