As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Everyone Play Netrunner With Me and Bogart and Cesca and Elldren [chat]

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    What if God ate vegemite?
    Or another spread that's shite?

You're lucky an overly stereotypical Australian can't hear you right now.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    Is there not going to be a thread on the NAVSEA shooting?

News report says that terrorism is not at play here.

They said that about the Ft. Hood murders too.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    photoshop launches so fucking fast on the new work computer because of ssd : D

photoshop a d

poo
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I refuse to be guilted about the food I eat.

me too

:bz

• MadCaddyMadCaddy Registered User regular
    Do I smell market share?

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    oh god the dude who comes in to clean up the office and do some paperwork is telling us all about his activist stuff that we should totally attend, like 'get the flouride out of our water' and 'we want access to alternative medicine'

send help

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I got an email about "long running process on that one database server"

okay there's... 400 of those

thanks for the specificity

This is like the emails I get about "that thing you did a few weeks ago"

which I get with alarming regularity

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    I just thought of something. What is the default stance on lab grown meat for a vegan/vegetarian?

There isn't one, cohesive one

I'm against it because I know too much about how the process actually works- the volume of growth serum you would need to produce a useful amount of meat is huge, and it isn't talked about

Because where does growth serum come from

oh wait cows

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    New chat thread.

Maybe it will be locked, maybe it won't be. The choice ... is up to you.

• GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    102 pages? Outrageous.

Geth, helivac all posters out of [chat] and nuke the site from orbit.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    What if a [chat]ter were a vegan?

ban

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    oh god the dude who comes in to clean up the office and do some paperwork is telling us all about his activist stuff that we should totally attend, like 'get the flouride out of our water' and 'we want access to alternative medicine'

send help

ask him if he'd like a vaccine

tell him he hasn't had one in a while and it's time to get with the program, be ominous

"Lets reduce factory farming by growing meat in large vats that need to be fed using serum derived from animals that we raise in factory farms"

well i'm not "against" it

I just think its not really addressing the actual problem

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

send help

Have you considered offering him some free vaccines.

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    What if God ate vegemite?
    Or another spread that's shite?

vegemite is great

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    @cinders

Burning leaves

Just Breathe:
    THE SCENT
    JUST BREATHE is blended with Bamboo Leaves, Japanese Green Tea, three varieties of Cedarwood, forest and just the merest hint of Incense.

November:
    THE SCENT
    Pumpkin Pie, Fallen Apples, Bonfire, Wood Smoke, Dried Grass, Fallen Leaves, Wet Branches, Damp Moss, Chanterelle Mushrooms and a hint of Pine Forest

Waking in the Air:
    THE SCENT
    the Scent of New Fallen Snow

• GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular

send help

Has the fluoride thing been getting traction lately, or am I just hearing about it more for no reason?

Arch wrote: »
    I just thought of something. What is the default stance on lab grown meat for a vegan/vegetarian?

There isn't one, cohesive one

I'm against it because I know too much about how the process actually works- the volume of growth serum you would need to produce a useful amount of meat is huge, and it isn't talked about

Because where does growth serum come from

oh wait cows

Yea, I was just curious if there's any major sway one way or the other in "mainstream" culture, but I guess it's still far to niche.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Thug Kitchen has made me want to try tempe.

It ain't bad. Soaks up flavors like nobody's business. It's NOT meat though, just a tasty not-meat textured thing that flavors like you cook it and has some chew.

Should try the Morningstar Farms veggie stuff too. The BBQ riblet is, I swear, McRib. And the corn dog is par+ to any frozen corn dog I have ever had.

Fake meat hot dogs are basically the same as regular, cheap hotdogs

Also the BBQ riblet does basically taste exactly like a McRib...which makes me suspicious in both directions

SOMEONE IS LYING

I mean I can tell the corn dog isn't meat. It's not PERFECT. But for 2 am freezer-based alcohol absorbency? Oh sure. The riblet is just... How? I suppose if you put enough bbq sauce on something it makes it good regardless.

I love that this is the season of adding pumpkin to everything.

Pumpkin is amazing.

I thought the problem was about suffering?

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Some Aussies kindly imported some for me, from source last Friday and I've been having delicious toast ever since

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    Damn you Skippy, I won't go.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    @cinders

Burning leaves

Just Breathe:
    THE SCENT
    JUST BREATHE is blended with Bamboo Leaves, Japanese Green Tea, three varieties of Cedarwood, forest and just the merest hint of Incense.

November:
    THE SCENT
    Pumpkin Pie, Fallen Apples, Bonfire, Wood Smoke, Dried Grass, Fallen Leaves, Wet Branches, Damp Moss, Chanterelle Mushrooms and a hint of Pine Forest

Waking in the Air:
    THE SCENT
    the Scent of New Fallen Snow

I keep meaning to get Burning leaves.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I need to get back to not eating meat. I have poor impulse control with food, probably related to my depression, so it doesn't usually go very well. I figure I will at least cut down on my meat consumption as a result of trying to avoid eating meat.

which is why there isn't a cohesive position- lots of people are veg/an for lots of reasons

I <3 time lapse anything

Also this makes me wistful

which is why there isn't a cohesive position- lots of people are veg/an for lots of reasons

So then it could address some vegans issues with meat? I guess for that, and space! It's worth the money it's gotten. I've just wondered what desire to make it got it so much money for R&D.

The world of EL wire
    Is the world of EL wire
    And yet

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

Only worse than the "Are you messing around with (X)?"

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    It's all in the game
    but how long must we play? :whistle:

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Gim wrote: »

send help

Has the fluoride thing been getting traction lately, or am I just hearing about it more for no reason?

Portland

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

bowen wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »

Only worse than the "Are you messing around with (X)?"

"Is the server down?"

1) Which server?
    2) No.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    House party for the university college is around the corner again.

Machine's idea this year is apparently going to be: BAR OLYMPVS

I can dig it

ftOqU21.png
  • EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular

send help

Those people are the worst and I work in government that deals with public water. Flouride is the least of your concern for shit that is in your water (sometimes, literally shit).

XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    Is there not going to be a thread on the NAVSEA shooting?

News report says that terrorism is not at play here.

They said that about the Ft. Hood murders too.

Which hasn't been classified as terrorism, as an aside.

ftOqU21.png
  • HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    ronya wrote: »
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    @ronya

This basically sums up my particular ontological condundrum:

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2013/09/beyond-belief/

hamurabi

you may also be amused that Catholic opposition in Eastern Europe to Soviet domination was frequently also heavily tinged with white supremacy and anti-semitism

in any case, an economist's disposition here is to presume that talk is cheap: religion is at its core an economic institution, and the words are just dressing; the role that human reason and reflection plays in intermediating how religious rhetoric translates to institutional effect is limited. Until the day that the philosophers and linguists deliver to us a quantitative theory of semiotics, but we are a while away from that.

And I would say -- and have said -- that religion is an inherently political enterprise to provide for the legitimation of timeless/classic modes of hierarchal organization and governance. It has historically bent the knee to/been subordinated and coopted by "secular" power for "secular" ends but also becomes a common mode of opposition to that same "secular" power.

But the problem with calling Religion Politics-by-another-name is that there is then nothing that isn't Politics, by that definition... which becomes highly problematic when you're trying to isolate causal variables -- even if they all stem from the same ur-source (Politics).

Hamurabi on
  • WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    oh, people to whom this might mean something locally:

@daemonsadi
    @witchdr

I can relate to the stubborn parent and the awful bridge tolls

"Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    what is the absolute worst thing you would do for a klondike bar?

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.