As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Invisible, Inc.] Incognita goes Incognito

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I uh, I never actually played the vanilla game.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

And there goes more free time I don't have! ;-)

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    To the wishlist!

camo_sig2.png
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    I really need to get back into this. My play style is well curated to Decker, Internationale and Banks though, so I've always found it hard or awkward to play as anyone else. Might give it another go with a fresh data-wipe

steam_sig.png
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Yeah I need to give this another stab now that it seems like tweaking on the base game has settled down.

• IblisIblis Registered User regular
    I'm playing through this for the first time since the alpha. Picked up the DLC and started with Draco and Internationale. Finally killed my first guard and got to boost Draco (Draco's gimmick is he can scan brains and steal information, getting random bonuses from unconscious guards and boosting his skills permanently from dead guards). Hacked a turret and it murdered a guard, but sadly I could not vamp the second guard it put down (things were getting too hot so I had to extract). I did happen to find Derek, another DLC character, on a rescue mission. His gimmick is he can lay down a teleport pad and teleport to it. I then learned you need to pick up the teleporter pad or he loses it when you leave... well, thankfully I gave him another useful augment and a weapon.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    omg Draco is Sylar.

Are you the magic man?
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I tried this game thanks to the free weekend.

Holy balls this thing is tense. Does it get much harder? Because I already had some real close calls getting through the first non-tutorial mission.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

Holy balls this thing is tense. Does it get much harder? Because I already had some real close calls getting through the first non-tutorial mission.

what difficulty were you on? you can customize basically every aspect of the game and make it as easy or hard as you want.

Are you the magic man?
    Kristmas Kthulhu
    Frei wrote: »

what difficulty were you on? you can customize basically every aspect of the game and make it as easy or hard as you want.

Beginner without touching any more settings. The five rewinds were lifesavers, because right at the end I had teleported Decker out, was waiting for Internationale to be able to port out, and a guard barged in right as the door opened. Two turn rewind let me not spend the stunrod on another nearby guard, and instead set the ambush near the door.

A question that occurred to me later: if I got the two agents into the teleporter at the same time, could I teleport them out at the same time? Because that would have simplified my life enormously at the end there.

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Yeah, you can teleport as many as you can fit in the teleporter at one time.
    Another handy thing to know, especially early on; if an agent goes down and you can't revive them, you can still pick them up and drag them to the extraction point. Even if they're down, if you get them out of there, they recover.
    Of course, dragging someone out isn't easy when the whole things probably already gone to hell, but it is possible.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    Dracomicron
    edited November 2015
    I just did a couple more infiltrations and these were way easier than that first one for some reason. In one of them there were like two guards. Being able to leave all together does also help a lot, so thanks for confirming.

Also, money and item spaces seem painfully limited. But now I have a third agent (Rush) and literally nothing to equip her with because I couldn't really buy much of anything during the nanofab mission, since I had spent my money pre-mission upgrading Decker and Internationale.

Drascin on
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I just did a couple more infiltrations and these were way easier than that first one for some reason. In one of them there were like two guards. Being able to leave all together does also help a lot, so thanks for confirming.

Also, money and item spaces seem painfully limited. But now I have a third agent (Rush) and literally nothing to equip her with because I couldn't really buy much of anything during the nanofab mission, since I had spent my money pre-mission upgrading Decker and Internationale.

Yeah, choice of mission can help a lot with that, but money is usually tight early on.

Typically you want to buy another non-battery stunner if you get the chance even before you have a third guy. Worst-case you can cycle them on someone.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• altidaltid Registered User regular
    Sometimes the random level generation can screw you over a bit. For example, having an armour 2 guard in the only room next to your entry point which is patrolling straight into you on the next turn when you have no AP kit handy.

On the other hand, I'm constantly amazed with some of the ridiculously hopeless situations I somehow manage to pull out of the fire.

MrVyngaardDracomicronThorn413
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    altid wrote: »
    Sometimes the random level generation can screw you over a bit. For example, having an armour 2 guard in the only room next to your entry point which is patrolling straight into you on the next turn when you have no AP kit handy.

On the other hand, I'm constantly amazed with some of the ridiculously hopeless situations I somehow manage to pull out of the fire.

Practice / having stuff go wrong often enough can leave you remarkably good at tactical applications for getting spotted, though even that is level layout-dependant to make work.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Kristmas KthulhuDracomicronThe Judge
    edited November 2015
    Auralynx wrote: »

Yeah, choice of mission can help a lot with that, but money is usually tight early on.

Typically you want to buy another non-battery stunner if you get the chance even before you have a third guy. Worst-case you can cycle them on someone.

Non-battery as in... the ones that use Incognita's power gauge instead? There were those to purchase in one of the nanofabs. But since the ones on cooldown I already had seemed better than spending valuable Power I didn't get any.

Though now that I have Parasite for Incognita, my power consumption did go down enormously. Seriously, up to here, Parasite is flipping amazing.

EDIT: Also, question: I'm playing this for free on Steam. If I bought it on GOG, could I keep my savegame? It gets me better than the regional pricing.

Drascin on
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I can't be more than two missions on Easy. I skipped the DLC and bought Shank 2 instead.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    Auralynx wrote: »

Non-battery as in... the ones that use Incognita's power gauge instead? There were those to purchase in one of the nanofabs. But since the ones on cooldown I already had seemed better than spending valuable Power I didn't get any.

Though now that I have Parasite for Incognita, my power consumption did go down enormously. Seriously, up to here, Parasite is flipping amazing.

EDIT: Also, question: I'm playing this for free on Steam. If I bought it on GOG, could I keep my savegame? It gets me better than the regional pricing.

I mean the ones with the cooldown which don't use power-packs.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Volt Disruptors are useful if you've got some crazy PWR-generation setup, but you'll generally be using the other type.

Contingency Plan: the new programs seem a bit crap. +3 AP at a cost of delayed -6AP? Sheesh. I do like a couple of the new augments thogh; the "set X at 3" ones are quite handy. Especially for Anarchy, which you only really need at 2 anyway unless you're going that route for equipment.

QPPHj1J.jpg
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I don't like Volt Disruptors because I run as low as possible on Power requirements with Seed/Parasite. Power is for emergencies only.

Archive Nika/Prism is my favorite team because Prism generates a lot of power, and Archive Nika brings the hurt AND has a lot of gear utility, since knocking dudes out speeds up her cooldowns. Getting Archive Nika two disruptors makes everything easier because you can knock someone out practically every turn.

• Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Ok so I came across a drone terminal on a CFO just now, with Gladstone saying "oh we should grab this and hack it on the jet". Only, how the hell do I bring it with me? It won't fit in the elevator and even then hacking it only gives control for 1 round (followed by a non-hackable stunned round).

Panda4You on
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Ok so I came across a drone terminal on a CFO just now, with Gladstone saying "oh we should grab this and hack it on the jet". Only, how the hell do I bring it with me? It won't fit in the elevator and even then hacking it only gives control for 1 round (followed by a non-hackable stunned round).

huh, the time I had one of those terminals, it fit well enough. Of course I only had three agents at the time.

Can the camera drone not share tiles with agents? May have to get it in the elevator, let it reboot, then move an agent in to pin it.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    Eh, killing or pinning it in the elevator maybe would've worked... It's not like it was on the other side of the goddamn facility from the elevator anyhow.

There's a whole lot in this game that's just refused to be explained? For example when I was supposed to compile some program in a software lab. When the program was finished, a door slammed shut locking my guy into the lab. No discernible way of opening it up again. Cue retire party...

And now the game removes the vault card from the group whenever entering a vault mission. I think I'll take a break from this one...

And now the game removes the vault card from the group whenever entering a vault mission. I think I'll take a break from this one...

Yikes. That needs to be fixed immediately.

Ha, my apparent namesake, Draco, is hilariously broken. He gains permanent stats from dead guards. Last night I started a new game and bought a 3-shot Hand Cannon in the first mission. Had his stats at 1/3/3/2 before deciding to bug out. Probably could've gotten more if I had gunned down the last three guards, but it wasn't a sure thing.

Yeah there was like 400 credits in clean-up fees, but I only had 40 credits left after buying the freaking gun, so... check's in the mail, I guess.

Panda4You
    Yikes. That needs to be fixed immediately.
    It was the weirdest thing, if I went back to mission select after putting the card in the inventory it was removed. Going back to inventory confirmed it empty, so I basically spammed between the 'tory and m'select and eventually it stuck. :/ Whatevs

I was able to use a vault card as well, so it appears to be working fine now.

Ran into a few interesting things. There's mini-scenarios in some maps, like a leading scientist who has an encryption key that lets you do a compile for a free Incognita program. Another has a special chamber that you can unlock by hitting two buttons at the same time and lets you sell power for a big pile of credits.

There's also a new endgame, apparently, because after 72 hours,
    I got a mission to go with Monst3r to a site-to-site transport, cross over to a new map, and get an extended power cell case for Incognita. Completing this gave me an extended 48 hour secondary game, where there are different (and nastier) alarm level penalties and you have to pick up a power cell each mission. Not to the final endgame yet.

I'm no longer decent at this game. I'm on day 3 of an endless run with Decker, Internationale, and Derek (I think). I haven't had a chance (or remembered) to use his site-to-site transporter yet, but Decker's cloaking rig is getting used quite a bit.

I just got done with a level with 3 databanks in it. I only found and scrubbed 2 of them. What happens if I get all 3?

And it's freaking stressful to sprint across a room full of guards to get to the exit. I know they won't shoot on my turn if I wasn't seen before, but it still ups the heart rate a bit.

camo_sig2.png
    Derek's transporter is fun. I had a map where Olivia had gotten herself into a bind when three guards were converging on her location. Derek was near the exit. I had Derek place his teleport pad, race to Olivia's location, and cover her escape, continuing to draw the attention of the three guards while Olivia slipped away. Then, when Olivia was safe and the guards were about to run down Derek, he rubber-banded back to his teleport pad and they got away clean.

Kristmas KthulhuSyphonBlueEndaro
    Okay, Ping is a life saver. I love being able to distract a clump of guards and get to the exit.

camo_sig2.png
    TeeManDracomicronPanda4You
    Whenever I take that, I inevitably end up with Sankaku facilities as my most opportune targets. So many sound alerts.

QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I'm about to play this for the first time, is it worth spending the $5 to pick up Contingency Plan for a fresh run? I know a lot of the expansions for these types of games will alter the entire experience (usually in a very positive way) but if it's just a few extras I can probably have plenty of fun while skipping it.

I'm about to play this for the first time, is it worth spending the $5 to pick up Contingency Plan for a fresh run? I know a lot of the expansions for these types of games will alter the entire experience (usually in a very positive way) but if it's just a few extras I can probably have plenty of fun while skipping it.

I'd grab it, though I'd skip using the DLC agents right from the start. Draco, especially, requires a style of play that's at odds with the usual experience. But it's worth it for the extended campaign; the default is 72 hours, but the DLC adds a new midway mission at that point and extends it by another 48.

QPPHj1J.jpg
    Kid PresentableDracomicronPanda4You
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular

I'd grab it, though I'd skip using the DLC agents right from the start. Draco, especially, requires a style of play that's at odds with the usual experience. But it's worth it for the extended campaign; the default is 72 hours, but the DLC adds a new midway mission at that point and extends it by another 48.

All the Steam user reviews seem to echo that sentiment, think I will go ahead and pick it up. Thanks!

The DLC is mostly just more of what already made the game great in the first place: agents, gear, programs, mission complications, enemies, etc.

Basically it's everything you want in a roguelikelike.

Yeah, and some of it feels like it makes for better balance. Security routers for FTM mean that their missions aren't just free cash when you loot the scanner, and sirens tend to reduce the presence of the hackers that made Plastech such a pain to hit while adding their own complications.

QPPHj1J.jpg
    Dracomicron
    Made it to day 4 and got my ass kicked. That is one hell of a spike.

camo_sig2.png
    WACriminal
    jclast wrote: »
    Made it to day 4 and got my ass kicked. That is one hell of a spike.

Each full day is a clear increase in difficulty. After Day 3, you're basically beyond the point where any starter shit is going to work... it's basically the endgame.

My game that's Endless on Day 12 is only barely do-able even though I have four fully upgraded agents with full kits of gear (everyone with Mk. III stealth, armor-piercing guns or stunners, buster chips, stims, etc.).