As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Invisible, Inc.] Incognita goes Incognito

167891012»

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    Made it to day 4 and got my ass kicked. That is one hell of a spike.

Each full day is a clear increase in difficulty. After Day 3, you're basically beyond the point where any starter shit is going to work... it's basically the endgame.

My game that's Endless on Day 12 is only barely do-able even though I have four fully upgraded agents with full kits of gear (everyone with Mk. III stealth, armor-piercing guns or stunners, buster chips, stims, etc.).

That would explain it. I still had 2 agents out of 3 with the starter taser (never saw any higher-tier ones) and 1 agent with a biogenic dart (the only weapon I ever found).

I've started (and failed) an experienced campaign to see the new end-game. I'll be starting another, hopefully, tonight. The last one was comical in how much I screwed up. The level was literally a corridor with a detention center at one side and the exit at the other. It went very poorly.

camo_sig2.png
    DracomicronTeeMan
    I'm officially too dumb for this game now. I managed to beat the base on experienced twice, but I've screwed up three attempts with Contingency Plan. I'm considering playing on Beginner just so that I can (hopefully) see the new end game. I made it past the new mission that leads into the Contingency Plan content, but immediately lost there. Though some of that, I think, is due to the fact that since I picked it back up the only non-starter weapon I've seen is a flurry gun, and I hate the flurry gun. It's so damned situational, and by the time it'd be useful I don't have my agents all bunched up.

camo_sig2.png
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    I'm continually impressed by this game. I've owned it since launch but I still pick it up monthly for a full game or two. There's just so much to it, so many different approaches, especially with the free DLC content.

Are you the magic man?
    TeeMan
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I'm officially too dumb for this game now. I managed to beat the base on experienced twice, but I've screwed up three attempts with Contingency Plan. I'm considering playing on Beginner just so that I can (hopefully) see the new end game. I made it past the new mission that leads into the Contingency Plan content, but immediately lost there. Though some of that, I think, is due to the fact that since I picked it back up the only non-starter weapon I've seen is a flurry gun, and I hate the flurry gun. It's so damned situational, and by the time it'd be useful I don't have my agents all bunched up.

Have you considered hitting a nano-fab site? If you're low on weapons and have some money, you are practically guaranteed some nice guns/stunners at a nano-fab. Security Dispatch targets always have a high end bit of gear, too, but there's always a chance it isn't a weapon.

That is true. I do not typically hit nanofab facilities, and every security dispatch netted me accellerator chips, a cloaking rig (which was great, I admit), and the aforementioned flurry gun. Do you still have to pay at the nanofab facilities and they just have better stuff or do you get a freebie?

Also, my current Incognita programs are seed, parasite i, and parasite ii. I am not hacking it right now, but next turn it is mine for the taking.

camo_sig2.png
    That is true. I do not typically hit nanofab facilities, and every security dispatch netted me accellerator chips, a cloaking rig (which was great, I admit), and the aforementioned flurry gun. Do you still have to pay at the nanofab facilities and they just have better stuff or do you get a freebie?

Also, my current Incognita programs are seed, parasite i, and parasite ii. I am not hacking it right now, but next turn it is mine for the taking.

You still have to pay at nanofab sites, but they have a much bigger selection, and you can always sell some of your old junk there as well.

Seed/Parasite is civilization, though honestly I never liked having more than one Parasite program at any one time. The optimal configuration is Seed/Parasite/Hunter/Data Blast, with the extra program to taste (Ping is probably my favorite for the last slot).

Just as an aside, the newest DLC does add a whole extra 48 hour higher-difficulty phase of the game
    (you have to retrieve a spare battery on each map or its lights-out for Incognita)
    with a new mission where the old endgame was, but the final, final mission appears to be the same. Endgame level, cinematic, credits, etc. are all the same. Still worth doing for the added challenge and to see the new pre-endgame content, though.

• WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Seed and Oracle have incredible synergy. Free (random) camera every turn when you're not hacking other stuff? Yes please.

• LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular

You still have to pay at nanofab sites, but they have a much bigger selection, and you can always sell some of your old junk there as well.

Seed/Parasite is civilization, though honestly I never liked having more than one Parasite program at any one time. The optimal configuration is Seed/Parasite/Hunter/Data Blast, with the extra program to taste (Ping is probably my favorite for the last slot).

Just as an aside, the newest DLC does add a whole extra 48 hour higher-difficulty phase of the game
    (you have to retrieve a spare battery on each map or its lights-out for Incognita)
    with a new mission where the old endgame was, but the final, final mission appears to be the same. Endgame level, cinematic, credits, etc. are all the same. Still worth doing for the added challenge and to see the new pre-endgame content, though.

That mid-game mission is a bitch. By the time the final one rolls around you'll probably be pretty kitted out, but you're still in team-build mode at the end of day 3 and you have to spend a lot of time around some tough guards. Ugh, it's a pain.

Also: slightly annoyed that the game didn't give me the achievement for Expert when I beat the DLC campaign on Expert Plus. Which is hell, by the way. Low credits, less KO damage, and you can't see sight-ranges unless you can see the source. Fun times.

QPPHj1J.jpg

That mid-game mission is a bitch. By the time the final one rolls around you'll probably be pretty kitted out, but you're still in team-build mode at the end of day 3 and you have to spend a lot of time around some tough guards. Ugh, it's a pain.

Also: slightly annoyed that the game didn't give me the achievement for Expert when I beat the DLC campaign on Expert Plus. Which is hell, by the way. Low credits, less KO damage, and you can't see sight-ranges unless you can see the source. Fun times.

Yeah, no. Not interested in Expert Plus. Seeing the enemy sight zones is what makes problem solving in this game fun for me.

• LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    You do get sorta used to it, but it's pretty rough to start. So many unnecessary alarms because I checked a door, saw nothing, ran though and was spotted by the camera immediately to my side. No idea how I would have done it without Internationale and Archive Prism.

Edit addition: I've found the hardest thing about the game is actually fighting my own instinct to restart. I have a bad habit of calling a mission failed because an agent was dropped. Once I started enforcing a "no game over until a one-liner is my only option" rule, I got much better at finding creative solutions to seemingly impossible situations.

LeumasWhite on
    QPPHj1J.jpg
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I really wish there was more information about this game out in the wild... for example, I could've sworn I turned off all the Contingency Plan content when I started my first Beginner run... but 72 hours passed and BOOM! 48 more hours. Only by reading this thread did I learn that that's not part of the original game.

The 72 hour mission was a motherfucker, but now my team is kitted out enough that everything since then has been pretty much a cakewalk. At this point I just want to get it over with so I can jump to a "real" run on Experienced.

admanb on
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited March 2016