As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game On!] Dawn of War: Dark Crusade Patch 1.2 Out! (NSF56k)

• ShujaaShujaa Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It wasn't my fault, their minds were too weak.

Shujaa on
  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Q: Their's, or yours?

A: Yours.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Hey.

Get on Vent.

Play some DoW.

Or you will be executed for heresy.

MechMantis on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Curse my lack of a mic.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Milquetoast ThugMilquetoast Thug Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    we need mans; get on vent.

Let's get on with the shooting and stabbing and fast-teching to velicles and whatnot.

Milquetoast Thug on
    edited April 2007
    Let it be known that I am a quitter, and I am quitting DoW.

MechMantis on
    edited April 2007
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Let it be known that I am a quitter, and I am quitting DoW.
    That's cool.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    so, is it me or did Necrons get buffed in the latest patch?

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Ok, so I just bought Dawn of War + both expansions this weekend to appease a friend of mine, and tried to apply patches. Apparently the patches have to be applied in the order in which they were released - so you can't just add 1.2, you have to first add 1.1 . So, if I just want to play online, do I just need to patch Dark Crusade, or do I also need to apply the regular Dawn of War patches? Do they supercede? I've already patched Dark Crusade, and don't really want to spend an hour picking out the correct order of DoW patches to apply them.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
    edited April 2007
    Dublo7 wrote: »
    so, is it me or did Necrons get buffed in the latest patch?
    Warriors got seriously nerfed, flayed don't rape through buildings, res orb got capped, and basically no. Some things got worse for them, others got better, like every race.

They're more than maa warriors til mass flayed deep strike into base now, so I'd say they didn't get buffed.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2007
    Ok, so I just bought Dawn of War + both expansions this weekend to appease a friend of mine, and tried to apply patches. Apparently the patches have to be applied in the order in which they were released - so you can't just add 1.2, you have to first add 1.1 . So, if I just want to play online, do I just need to patch Dark Crusade, or do I also need to apply the regular Dawn of War patches? Do they supercede? I've already patched Dark Crusade, and don't really want to spend an hour picking out the correct order of DoW patches to apply them.
    You know, you can just go online and it auto-downloads for you.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Goomba wrote: »
    You know, you can just go online and it auto-downloads for you.

Really? After all the discussion I saw in here about putting the patch in the first post, that's kind of surprising. I had just messed around with one of the campaigns so far, I'll try that out.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
    edited April 2007
    we need mans; get on vent.

Let's get on with the shooting and stabbing and fast-teching to velicles and whatnot.

Man I AM on Vent. Without a mic. Hoping to hear what Hamachi server a game will go down on.

Fiaryn on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    So do any of you play this on Vista? I'm just trying to get a sence for how much trouble I might have with this game on my new system.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • LightReaperLightReaper Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    YES IT WORKS ON VISTA GOOMBA HAS STATED ONCE BEFORE D: .

LightReaper on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    No need to shout lad. Spindrift responded to my post and I somehow missed it. Don't see anything from Goomba in response to my post but I got the info, thanks.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited April 2007
    We don't not take unkindly to no strangers around here.

Shujaa on
  • doug_grammardoug_grammar Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So, any games going to down today?

doug_grammar on
    edited April 2007
    YES IT WORKS ON VISTA GOOMBA HAS STATED ONCE BEFORE D: .
    Oh go toast the queen.

And yes, we are going to play today. And I will win, goddamnit.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • doug_grammardoug_grammar Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I question those last... six syllables.

There's four people in Vent right now btw.

doug_grammar on
    edited April 2007
    I question those last... six syllables.

There's four people in Vent right now btw.

Make that 5.

I am un-quitting.

For now.

MechMantis on
    edited April 2007
    You people are all stupid for not playing.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2007
    Well that was entertaining. And informative. I'm thinkin' I'll just stick with Tau.

Fiaryn on
    edited April 2007
    Baiting a horde into a snare trap with Fire Warriors just outside their reach is so satisfying.

Shujaa on
    edited April 2007
    I had BP, too.

I mean, as soon as I made some wraithlords and ran the sneak attack into his base.

But after that I had him.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jedijzjedijz Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I had BP, too.

I mean, as soon as I made some wraithlords and ran the sneak attack into his base.

So on the map I couldn't win a 2v1 before, I technically won a 2v1 now. Funny how that works.

jedijz on
    It is no easy task winning a 1v3. You must jump many a hurdle, bettering three armies, the smallest.

Aye, no mere man may win an uphill battle against thrice your men, it takes a courageous heart and will that makes steel look like copper. When you are that, then, and only then, may you win a 1v3.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BlindProphet
    edited April 2007
    jedijz wrote: »
    I had BP, too.

So on the map I couldn't win a 2v1 before, I technically won a 2v1 now. Funny how that works.
    uh... what?

I mean, I... what?

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2007
    Sorry Jedi but Goomba went afk before you busted up his stuff ahead of the crit point. I thought he died but he had those gay webways around.

I managed to take down the other Tau with me though yay.

Shujaa on
    edited April 2007
    Shujaa wrote: »
    Sorry Jedi but Goomba went afk before you busted up his stuff ahead of the crit point. I thought he died but he had those gay webways around.

Well, there goes my glory. I should of also built mines to give Goomba's rangers something to think about on. Also taking down the other Tau probably wasn't a really difficult task considering he didn't know how to fight infiltrated units.

jedijz on
    It is no easy task winning a 1v3. You must jump many a hurdle, bettering three armies, the smallest.

Aye, no mere man may win an uphill battle against thrice your men, it takes a courageous heart and will that makes steel look like copper. When you are that, then, and only then, may you win a 1v3.

edited April 2007
    Actually he was chasing me around with Vespids followed by a horde of Fire Warriors quite nicely. But I kept running them away like a pansy ranger squad. He should have put a couple snare traps down, that'd teach me a lesson.

Shujaa on
    edited April 2007
    Just so you know Shujaa...I'm going to blow up your house. Fucking stealth units. So irritating.

Edit: Also, it's not that I don't know how to fight infiltrators Jed, I just couldn't remember what units other than Vespid can detect at the time. :P

Fiaryn on
    edited April 2007

Well, there goes my glory. I should of also built mines to give Goomba's rangers something to think about on. Also taking down the other Tau probably wasn't a really difficult task considering he didn't know how to fight infiltrated units.
    Mines are pretty damn useful, aren't they? Gave me time to upgrade the turret to a d-cannon and saved my ass, not to mention it killed your stupid detector.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2007

Mines are pretty damn useful, aren't they? Gave me time to upgrade the turret to a d-cannon and saved my ass, not to mention it killed your stupid detector.

It's fun to run away and give your rangers a false sense of security and then run back when they start decapping the critical. Especially when my detector died. Makes me kind of glad for the "I can see your infiltrated units when you cap" in the recent patch.

jedijz on

edited April 2007

It's fun to run away and give your rangers a false sense of security and then run back when they start decapping the critical. Especially when my detector died. Makes me kind of glad for the "I can see your infiltrated units when you cap" in the recent patch.
    It beats having to toggle stealth.

I couldn't decide whether I should slowly pick away at your guys or try to decap. I should have gone for the picking.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    so after i was so unimpressed with the gold edition of the game i sold it.

all the tabletop threads around convinced me to give it another shot, so i bought Dark Crusade....

holy shit, i dont know if i just missed something or what, but im having so much fun playing the Tau right now in the single campaign. I'll have to throw down at some point.

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • SpindriftSpindrift Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Game on

Spindrift on
    edited April 2007
    AVL, more like boring shit.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2007
    Well that went a hell of a lot better. I don't think I'll ever get tired of deep diving Oblits. Surprise ololol

Fiaryn on
    edited April 2007
    Check out Shujaa's sniper rush. Seems Scouts with snipers > Rangers.
    http://download.yousendit.com/50684002547A6520
    relic00045wq3.jpg

Where I spent most of the game running from Orks.
    http://download.yousendit.com/CB54DADA36F4E189
    relic00049uq1.jpg

jedijz on

edited April 2007
    Check out Shujaa's sniper rush. Seems Scouts with snipers > Rangers.
    http://download.yousendit.com/50684002547A6520
    relic00045wq3.jpg

Highlight is instagibbing Goomba's full Ranger squad towards the end, something everyone will want to see :!:

Shujaa on