As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Space Engineers] Sandboxy space construction, out now on Steam Early Access!

124»

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2015
    Stuff! Those doors look awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PRornEB0r0

Echo on
    destroyah87The EnderPetesalzlIanator
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Stuff! Those doors look awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PRornEB0r0

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh real fuel!!!

I don't have access to ice. I hope the jetpack fuel is an optional feature. :|

With Love and Courage
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Cool!

steam_sig.png
    Okay, this is awful; I had Oxygen settings turned off, because I don't personally like that gameplay mechanic, and my world didn't spawn ice. So I can't create any hydrogen.

But you also can't turn off the jetpack hydrogen fuel requirement.

:|

C'mon, devs. Think before you push through this kind of update, please.

With Love and Courage
    Elvenshae
    These programmable LCD blocks are the shit. Wow.

With Love and Courage
    Echo
  • BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    So, I'm getting back into this. Dx9 is not working out. I'm getting polygon weirdness when I'm a ways away from an asteroid. Once I get close it looks better but when the texture is not loaded it does it.

Dx11 doesn't help either as it is super fucking dark. Like I can't see shit with lights on either.

Any advice for either problem? Graphics are updated. Nvidia card on a good rig.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
    I got lots of new asteroid glitches when inside a hollow asteroid in the latest update.

I started building a defense satellite in creative, and then I took a long look at it and wondered if I could make it modular with merge blocks instead.

May be going slightly overboard here.

...I have harvested all of the engines from derelicts near me, and I still need more for my corvette. HM.

Sorry, passing Military Transport. I didn't choose the pirate life (okay yes I did).

With Love and Courage
    I think I may finally be calm enough to vent in a coherent fashion about why I have come to dislike this game & the direction it has taken:
    So, after many hours of building a nice little utility corvette that can dock with my carrier, I discover the following: docking with the carrier and then undocking causes the pistons on the corvette to just de-couple from their heads. The whole vehicle was designed to have pistons act as simple augers for its welders and grinders. Many hours of engineering, testing & welding down the drain because that one thing I couldn't Goddamn check before going into survival to put her together was whether or not the ends of the pistons would just randomly fall off upon docking.

This is just the last in a long line of straws.

Why can I still not do extremely basic fucking shit in this Goddamn game without the physics breaking, without provoking memory leaks, without some horrible bug wrecking my shit faster than any number of warheads ever could? I don't want Keen's fucking planet update - I want the fundamental bedrock of the game to fucking work.

Of all of the Early Access games I've bought, only 2 - Space Engineers & Clockwork Empires - are in a state where I feel I can't really play. Of those two, only one - Space Engineers - has a developer team that is entirely uninterested in player feedback & demonstrates no plan for getting the essential groundwork of the game up & running (focusing instead on shoving feature after feature onto the wet sand that is the product's current bedrock, creating only more problems).

My God, I would give anything to have this brilliant concept executed by anyone other than Keen fucking Software. I'm fed up with their inability to execute on even the simplest mechanical aspects of this enterprise.

With Love and Courage
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Just played for a few hours today and holy shit did asteroid rendering get F'd up by the last update. It's like all the layers of detail are present at once and not reacting properly to my drilling and such. If I tab out of the game near my home base it'll probably disappear entirely when I tab back in. Collision boxes work... which can mean running into an invisible asteroid if I'm not careful.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    The Ender
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    The devs posted these videos on their Facebook page earlier today showing off the planets a bit:

https://youtu.be/DeCmhCs-T7c

https://youtu.be/HrlBHzEOigo

Those are much prettier planets than I was expecting, to be honest

edit: annnnnnd they posted this one today (the day after the other two vids), along with the news that the patch with planets will be released on Nov. 12th! :bzz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJoRKVbDjj4

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
    ElvenshaeJeix
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd planets are live! Go play on them! I would be doing it right now but I am at work for another 7 more hours so I'll just have to live vicariously through y'all, if anyone here still even plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FRu9p-3Ois

JtgVX0H.png
    Elvenshae
  • AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Looks cool. Will definitely have to check it out! To be honest, with SE, I've always preferred to hijack the roaming ships then build the production systems so I'm hoping to planet structures to explore/discover.

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    i havent played in awhile, but that plaent video does look awesome. ive been sort of waiting to get back in until things stabilze more because last time i played was right after the dx11 update and all of my mods were broken and as such most of my structures/ships were broken. srill a super fun game to just create in