As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Steam Thread buys games, sometimes plays them

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I have three steam coupons available:

-66% Droid Assault (Exp. 9/27)
    -25% Dungeon Hearts (Exp. 10/6)
    -50% Garry's Mod (Exp. 10/7)

PM me if you're interested in any of these!

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Hey, so I played a bit of Rogue Legacy on an acquaintance's computer, and it was the DRM free version from GoG. I own the game on Steam. Is there a way to transfer my save over, or should I just start over?

The save file is located here, so somehow transfer what ever is stored there from your mates computer to your own and you're done

That worked perfectly, thanks.

Shame about lack of Steam Cloud support, though.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    So people who have InFlux, is it as frustrating as it seems to be on GB's "Worth Playing" Feature? It seems like the worst parts of those wooden Labyrinth toys I used to play with for 30 seconds as a kid before I wanted to throw it across the room.

steam_sig.png

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Well, uh, if you find those kinds of puzzles frustrating then you'd probably find InFlux frustrating. Because they are pretty much giant, 3D ball mazes.

I found them fun, though I like puzzle games so it was right up my alley.

• MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    congrats @iowaa
    signature.png
    may you game like its 2003

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Last night I dreamt I was trapped in a Pinball table. Thanks, guys.

Also, does anyone want a Golden Jubilee Bundle code?

steam_sig.png
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    I really don't think I do.

I mean Akaneiro? Come on IndieRoyale you're better than this.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    So I'm continuing my tour of mediocre/critically panned games I have had access to on Steam for a long time and can actually run now. After a bit of Hydrophobia Prophecy, I ran a little bit of Garshasp: The Sequel that is also a Prequel. It's...not very good so far, but I also never really played any God of War games so this should all be new and exciting to me. The voice acting is making me giggle though. They got decent audio for the voice acting but it doesn't match up with anything going on.

Next up on the list SHOULD be Legendary, I think. I'll probably end up finishing most of these eventually.

edit: Seriously though, Garshasp. If you are going to make right stick the roll stick like in God of War, your camera angles need to be impeccable. And so far they are lackluster.

Also, why are you showing me these scribbled pieces of paper when you play your audio logs? I can't read it. I don't need to see it. There's no value in it.

The thing about Garshasp is
    that he is an actual mythical figure from ancient Persian (now Iranian) lore. He's pretty badass, too. One day during his travels he stopped on some foothills to cook his meal, and made a fire and hung up his cooking pot. What Garshasp didn't know though, was that this foothill was actually a giant slumbering dragon, and the heat from the fire woke it up, and the dragon was pissed. Now, Garshasp totally runs away like a little bitch, but the next day he was like "Dude, I'm Garshasp, I gotta handle this shit", so he heads back and kills the dragon by caving its skull in with his mace.*

So, we have two distinct Garshasps, they are:

Ancient Lore Garshasp - Will come back to life at the end of the world to defeat the planet eater Zahhak, thus saving two thirds of men and beasts. Once battled a sea monster for a week and a half straight. Kills dragons as a hobby.

Modern Game Garshasp - Gets killed by random thugs because the camera was looking the wrong way. Falls off walls and dies because sometimes buttons don't work. Got his foot stuck inside a rock once. Has a constant "I am currently shitting my pants" facial expression that looks like equal parts 2001 Max Payne and that creepy "Mental Wealth" Playstation ad chick.

The game is rough, but there is still fun to be had. It's a shame it wasn't better though, because the character is perfect for a God of War style action game. Garshasp is basically Kratos without the emo parts.

*Referenced from "Garshasp: Here to Fuck Up Monsters and Chew Bubblegum", 1996 SmokeStacks Press, ISBN 5318008

Also, heenato and TeeMan's avatars totally look like they're trying to brofist you wearing giant blue gloves beneath your post, and I think that's fucking hilarious.

@smokestacks I'm aware of the cultural respect people have for Garshasp, and I bet there's a good game to be made about him. This is not it. I mentioned the bugs I came across in a different post but the game is straight broken for me.

steam_sig.png

• iowaiowa Registered User regular
    Maguano wrote: »
    congrats @iowaa
    signature.png
    may you game like its 2003

cool. thanks that games been on my backlog for years

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Dear god, I've had cookie clicker running the entire day and I'm a billion short of the Antimatter Condenser. Another minute or so and I'm there. No PC games in the past fortnight and this is what drags me back!?

• rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    I've been playing a bit of Mark of the Ninja this weekend and I'm terrible at it! this wouldn't usually be such a problem but there are leaderboards which means you guys get to see just how much I'm having to murder my way through the levels. I should just stick to pinball

steam_sig.png
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    @smokestacks I'm aware of the cultural respect people have for Garshasp, and I bet there's a good game to be made about him. This is not it. I mentioned the bugs I came across in a different post but the game is straight broken for me.

I never hit the door bug you did, but the game does have a habit of restarting you in weird places after a death. Considering how easy it is to get cheesed into dying it can be a problem.

I want more games where you play as non-standard lore characters. Enough with the Hercules/Ancient Greek or Robin Hood/King Arthur stuff, give me a game where I play as Sigurd, or Finn McCool. There are six God of War games, but zero games where you fight sea monsters as Stormalong. Where is the justice in that? It doesn't even have to be "true" to the lore. John Henry fighting demons with a magic sledgehammer? Fuck it, I'll buy it.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I lost my computer most of this weekend to a combination of my son's birthday sleepover and my niece trying to get through the Walking Dead. However, I did get a chance to try a few more of my pinball tables and have to say Epic Quest is a very interesting take on merging RPGs with pinball. It's really unique as it's a pinball game where I find myself not caring about leaderboards and more on making actual progress.

I've also been digging into Gunpoint and am finding it extremely challenging. Coming off Portal 2 to another puzzle game might have been a mistake so I may switch over to something with a bit less brain power required. Maybe I should finish the story of Saints Row the Third...

• DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »

@Dalantia is the proud winner of some sleepy puppies.

OH GOD I'M AWAKE

Thanks be to Taram.. @Taramoor..

zzzzzzzz...

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular

I never hit the door bug you did, but the game does have a habit of restarting you in weird places after a death. Considering how easy it is to get cheesed into dying it can be a problem.

I want more games where you play as non-standard lore characters. Enough with the Hercules/Ancient Greek or Robin Hood/King Arthur stuff, give me a game where I play as Sigurd, or Finn McCool. There are six God of War games, but zero games where you fight sea monsters as Stormalong. Where is the justice in that? It doesn't even have to be "true" to the lore. John Henry fighting demons with a magic sledgehammer? Fuck it, I'll buy it.

This is the fantasy equivelant to wanting 40k games without space marines. It's be nice but it'll never happen.

IIRC, David Jaffe's original plans for the God of War series involved jumping across cultures and empires to play as their Gods of War.

steam_sig.png

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »
    I've been playing a bit of Mark of the Ninja this weekend and I'm terrible at it! this wouldn't usually be such a problem but there are leaderboards which means you guys get to see just how much I'm having to murder my way through the levels. I should just stick to pinball

It's okay to completely ignore the score the first time through and just beat the game. You get all sorts of upgrades during the game and I imagine going for high scores without those would be tough.

And the PC version didn't even have leaderboards at launch, so there's a lot of people that have played the game, but aren't ranked.

Apparently I've already played an hour of Garshasp and HowLongToBeat has the game at around an hour anyway...I can't be THAT far from the end, and that makes me want to keep trying. Unless the game is broken when I start it up again, of course. I don't think I actually want to restart the entire game again.

steam_sig.png

• rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    rikdaly wrote: »

It's okay to completely ignore the score the first time through and just beat the game. You get all sorts of upgrades during the game and I imagine going for high scores without those would be tough.

And the PC version didn't even have leaderboards at launch, so there's a lot of people that have played the game, but aren't ranked.

ah that's good to know, I'll stick to the tried and tested murder anything in my way route for now then. That also explains why I have friends that have beaten the game but no ranking

steam_sig.png
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    So people who have InFlux, is it as frustrating as it seems to be on GB's "Worth Playing" Feature? It seems like the worst parts of those wooden Labyrinth toys I used to play with for 30 seconds as a kid before I wanted to throw it across the room.
    @LaCabra

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    @LaCabra

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

steam_sig.png

LaCabra was nice enough to let me test his game before release (and I never got back to him with feedback because I am the worst) and it doesn't feel like that at all.

I'd label the puzzles as portal-esque (devious, yet ultimately simple) with free roaming gameplay between puzzle segments.

It's very relaxing because of the wonderfully chill music and nothing feels like it forces you to hurry/rush through any portion.

Everyone should support LaCabra and the awesome, relaxing puzzler he created.

InFlux is awesome.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited September 2013
    I was able to finish the game with little to no problems and I am someone who gets pretty rageful about puzzles I have trouble with. (fuck you, quell)

It's really something to be experienced rather than observed.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    Oh, I'm sure the game is good. No one on the forums is gonna say the game is good just because one of our guys made it. It's just from the one video I saw, the repel/attract mechanic seemed super loose and potentially frustrating. But it could just be because the easiest games to compare it to, like QUBE or Portal, are very rigid with their puzzle mechanics. You can play the portals in one kind of spot. You can raise a QUBE platform within a certain range. You always come out of a portal in a straight line. The Influx ball and ball you are bringing with you can roll anywhere. Portal is all cubes and you can just pick it up and bring it over to where it needs to be.

steam_sig.png

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    So, hour and a half till this announcement thing eh?

I don't remember having to fight the mechanics to get something to work, if that's your biggest hang up.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    and remember if it sucks you can always buy more copies to gift to your enemies

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    LaCabra wrote: »
    and remember if it sucks you can always buy more copies to gift to your enemies

... shit. He knows our secret weakness!

The ball should be a hamster ball, and they can put the bad rats inside of it.

steam_sig.png

Maybe that's the twist ending?

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    also, there's a penny-arcade easter egg

you pretty much have to get it now

• simacsimac Registered User regular
    One hour to Steamageddon!

Or more likely a disappointing announcement r.e. big picture mode.

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    LaCabra wrote: »
    also, there's a penny-arcade easter egg

you pretty much have to get it now

...I guess I missed this. Huh.

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    The Marvel tables I picked up (avenger pack, civil war) seem...stubby. Like they are shorter than they should be. Or at least shorter than the Star Wars and Sorc. They just kinda feel crammed.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
    They need to hurry up with this announcement so I can go back to sleep.

steam_sig.png

The Marvel tables I picked up (avenger pack, civil war) seem...stubby. Like they are shorter than they should be. Or at least shorter than the Star Wars and Sorc. They just kinda feel crammed.

I agree on Civil War. It is probably because so much of the board is ramps and not real active play space. It's a very fast moving table where it feels like the ball is constantly down at your flippers. It's fun in a much more intense way than something like Ms Splosion Man.

They need to hurry up with this announcement so I can go back to sleep.

Bad Rats: Living Room Edition now with Kinect support...and Bears.

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    10 minutes to HL3 announcement!

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    azith28 wrote: »
    10 minutes to HL3 announcement!

The announcement is that HL3 is a SteamBox exclusive.

steam_sig.png

This discussion has been closed.