As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steam Thread buys games, sometimes plays them

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Had a Pinball update this morning and now all it does is crash. Verified files and now crashing quicker. Fingers cross rebooting fixes it.

Same thing. Gets to like the table screen and poops the bed.

Crap, this makes me reluctant to get back to my Ms. 'Splosion Man save before the problem is fixed. I'm at 88 million points, first ball is down, and I have an extra ball already stacked up.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    I don't like to ask for help, but I'm in serious trouble right now.

Somebody call the authorities and tell them @Malakaius has me at Gunpoint. If he makes a break for it, tell the police he's wearing a top hat and monocle. Let them know the suspect is armed and classy!

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Uh-oh. I went to scoop up the Monkey Island games for the sale and I noticed Sid Meier's Pirates is 2.50.

I don't even recall adding it to my cart. I just blacked out for a second and when I came to my receipt was bigger than I had remembered.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Ummm wow. I just started following this thread thanks to Houn (as mentioned earlier, he's great!), but you guys really are very awesome.

Seriously, feel proud, this is one of the best sub-communities in the grand PA forums community (which is already pretty nice). I'm impressed!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Grabbed me up the Star Wars tables, the Avengers Chronicles, and Civil War. Before any of y'all could beat me to it. I WIN!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I don't want to spoil the story, but this game? It's got balls.

signature.png

Adventure Team, Ends 5pm Sat.

• Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »
    Street Fighter X Tekken is a weekend deal and I just want to mention that it's not that good and if you want to play a fighting game Street Fighter 4 and Skullgirls are both better.

I have certainly heard this, and when I rented SF x Tekken for the 360 I wasn't very impressed. It's too bad Capcom hasn't ported Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 to the PC.

I honestly believe people who say this didn't play it much or give it a shot. It had a lot of negative press because of DLC shenanigans true, but the game itself is stellar and uses a modified SF4 engine. I played it heavily for awhile after release and it's a great cross between MvC3 and SF4 without the MvC shenanigans. The last patch also tweaked out some of the only balance issues (life bar regen mostly) and sped it up, so it's pretty top notch.

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Masume wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »
    Street Fighter X Tekken is a weekend deal and I just want to mention that it's not that good and if you want to play a fighting game Street Fighter 4 and Skullgirls are both better.

I have certainly heard this, and when I rented SF x Tekken for the 360 I wasn't very impressed. It's too bad Capcom hasn't ported Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 to the PC.

I honestly believe people who say this didn't play it much or give it a shot. It had a lot of negative press because of DLC shenanigans true, but the game itself is stellar and uses a modified SF4 engine. I played it heavily for awhile after release and it's a great cross between MvC3 and SF4 without the MvC shenanigans. The last patch also tweaked out some of the only balance issues (life bar regen mostly) and sped it up, so it's pretty top notch.

Grrrrr...you're going to make me take another look at the game aren't you? :P

Checked out the Pirate Day sale, and while Port Royale 3 has always been tempting (I loved Port Royale 2), that terrible Metacritic score as well as every review saying it's boring never fails to turn me off the game.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Houn wrote: »

signature.png

What is the Adventure Team?

Steam profile
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

signature.png

Steam group for the thread

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular

signature.png

Our own super special, slightly secret, non judging, class blasting, bro fisting group!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    @CorriganX woke up from his Final Fantasy induced slumber and surprised me with a strange request, something to do with balls stuck in a rock. I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the Excalibur table!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »
    @CorriganX woke up from his Final Fantasy induced slumber and surprised me with a strange request, something to do with balls stuck in a rock. I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the Excalibur table!

Sumanai gifted me a copy of Excalibur back. I guess thats what I get for not buying it for myself before sending it out as a gift. I asked him to tell me how good it was, but instead he just got me a copy. Its either super good or horrendous, we'll find out.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

signature.png

Our own super special, slightly secret, non judging, class blasting, bro fisting group!

Oh! How does one get an invite to this? Do I need a monocle?

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    skyknyt wrote: »
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

signature.png

Oh! How does one get an invite to this? Do I need a monocle?

You get issued a monocle when you join.

The joining requirements are very stringent: you have to hang around here and talk games with us often enough that we're reasonably certain that you aren't a Russian spy.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited September 2013

signature.png

It's The PA G&T Adventure Team Steam Group. A lot of us limit entry to our giveaways to members of either the Adventure Team or the more general Penny Arcade Steam Group. Basically, hang out in the thread, post some, prove you're not a secret Russian here to steal game giveaways, and you'll get an invite.

(Note: having met Kime, he would be the worst Russian. He's so polite he's practically a Canadian.)

*edit* Learn2Refresh, Houn.

Houn on
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Awww. I was really hoping that tales of monkey island was gonna be a bit cheaper. 8.50 is a bit too rich for my steamsale blood.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    Say, can anyone give me the lowdown on using my saves from different pcs? So for example if I wanted to play the same Terraria character at work and at home, is there some setting that I can turn on so that the same save is available to me no matter what computer I'm using?

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Tomorrow. Tomorrow is my first Friday off. Fridays off for the rest of the year. No kiddo to watch, just games to play and home construction to accomplish. And games. And maybe a carwash. Then games.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Ataxrxes wrote: »
    Say, can anyone give me the lowdown on using my saves from different pcs? So for example if I wanted to play the same Terraria character at work and at home, is there some setting that I can turn on so that the same save is available to me no matter what computer I'm using?

I think you should be able to do that automatically with any game that has steam cloud support.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular

Steam Cloud is generally enabled by default, and this the feature you're likely looking for (provided both computers are hooked up to the internet). Not sure if Terraria has it or not.

• Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    Hmm, yeah it's probably that some of these games don't have it. Rogue Legacy appears to not have it either.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Hmm, yeah it's probably that some of these games don't have it. Rogue Legacy appears to not have it either.

Terraria doesn't have Steam Cloud support.

However, something you can do to... somewhat fix the issue, is to use either DropBox, SkyDrive or Google Drive's software to have a backed up folder in both PC's. You keep the real folder with the saves in that backed up directory, and replace the real one the game uses with a link to that one.

(In theory it should work, though I haven't tried such a thing yet.)

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I should note my cloud games since I'm gonna be gaming more on my laptop now

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Couple of really classy individuals.

Dian gave me a copy of the Star Wars tables for Pinball FX2

and shortly afterwards:

Cloud gave me SCRIBBLENAUTS UNMASKED!

on a related note: if you own Scribblenauts Unlimited, you currently get 35% off Scribblenauts Unmasked preorders, making it only $25.99!

• Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Trying this out again
    Hey I got it!!
    Messed up

xenard on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I could use a boobie mousepad. My wrist has that shiny spot from rubbing that those Korean gamers all have.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Much thanks to @Cloud for the Scribblenauts expansion!

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Man, @HallowedFaith is going on a rampage in the chat. I think he gave out like 4 copies of Scribblenauts Unmasked. Including one to me, so thanks dude!

• Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    Loading...?

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Holy crap school is kicking my ass. Radiology is not an easy field to go into. :(
    For that matter I just noticed all this Pinball FX table talk and it's on sale?!? I have too much studying to do. -,-

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Couple of really classy individuals.

Dian gave me a copy of the Star Wars tables for Pinball FX2

and shortly afterwards:

Cloud gave me SCRIBBLENAUTS UNMASKED!

on a related note: if you own Scribblenauts Unlimited, you currently get 35% off Scribblenauts Unmasked preorders, making it only $25.99!

It's a really good deal, and I think the game looks great. If you've not played Scribblenauts, this would be a good time to get into it.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    StrifeRaZoRStrifeRaZoR Registered User regular
    Special thanks to @ManetherenWolf ! Such a classy guy. Wasn't even paying attention and then out of nowhere a key for Trine 2 pops up. I wish I had money so that I could drop gift bombs on people.

StrifeRaZoR.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    my wishlist used to have max 10 games on it

and I used to own like, half of what I do now

how can I have more games AND want more games?

oh right this thread

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    Tomorrow. Tomorrow is my first Friday off. Fridays off for the rest of the year. No kiddo to watch, just games to play and home construction to accomplish. And games. And maybe a carwash. Then games.

Be a stay at home dad like me, and every day is Friday! In the "oh right I should probably bathe at some point" way, not the "doing nothing on the couch" way, though.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    *record scratch*

Hold the phone. Since when was scribblenauts unmasked up for pre-order on steam?! Fuuuuuuuuu!

Shiiiiit. I don't get payed until after it's out. This is a thing I need, but 35% off! Uuuurgh. Why must you make me choose, Warner bros?!

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    @HallowedFaith, who I almost linked as @Cloud because that's what he goes by on the Steam chats, gifted me Scribblenauts Unmasked out of the blue! His class knows no bounds! I can't wait to do some Scribblenauts missions with Blue Beetle and Booster Gold.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Does Scribblenauts Unmasked exist INSIDE Scribblenauts Unlimited, or whatever the last one was that I got gifted and haven't been able to chip away at yet?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options

signature.png

It's The PA G&T Adventure Team Steam Group. A lot of us limit entry to our giveaways to members of either the Adventure Team or the more general Penny Arcade Steam Group. Basically, hang out in the thread, post some, prove you're not a secret Russian here to steal game giveaways, and you'll get an invite.

(Note: having met Kime, he would be the worst Russian. He's so polite he's practically a Canadian.)

*edit* Learn2Refresh, Houn.

It's actually all part of my secret plan. One day, you'll see

I was Russian all along

Steam profile
  • Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    signature.png

I'm sure there's someone who can give them a good home.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
This discussion has been closed.