As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's a Fuck You Friday

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Also fuck my random-ass sleep behavior I had three night terrors last night (wake up screaming and panicked) and then a couple of actual bad stressful dreams. I'm exhausted and the coffee isn't helping so I'll probably have some lunch and try to go back to bed.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I'm not entirely sure why you even bothered to respond. Both of you should block him online and she should block him on your phone.

And she should talk to HR or security and see what she can do to keep him from the building.

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    I managed keep from snorting with laughter until "OoooOooOoO double ghost" and then I just lost it

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    Yeah middle school was fun and wait a minute

Middle School Sucked.

Are you still in Jr. High? Bro?

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I kind of egged him on a bit at first, because I didn't think he was serious, then he started texting her telling her she was a bitch and he was going to kill me. Thats when I started being very honest and not dumb.

Day after this he texts her asking if she wants to come over at watch the Walking Dead tonight, which she declined on, and said to never talk to her again. Thats why he went into her work today, I guess to apologize? But she wasn't having it so he screamed at her and threatened to beat her up in front of about a hundred people.

Seriously, if you want to be a dick over Facebook, fine whatever, but don't embaress someone like that and fuck you for being such a dick.

• Options
    She needs to stop talking to him and if he's threatening her then she should file a restraining order.

• Options
    Also " apptters mothercuckre" I have decided the only thing he could be trying to say here is Appetizers Motherfucker. Which is just hilirious

• Options
    Sassori wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sure why you even bothered to respond. Both of you should block him online and she should block him on your phone.

And she should talk to HR or security and see what she can do to keep him from the building.

Yeah this is what is happening, shes going to call me later about the work stuff. hes blocked on both our facebooks now, and she is seeing what she can do to block his number on her super old phone. I only began responding because this started with him commenting on a picture I took and tagged her in, and we were all joking around so I thought at first he was trying to be funny or something. Nope. He was not.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Call your carrier to block his number if there's no setting in the phone.

• Options
    Oh and according to his roommate (who is actually friends with my girlfriend) he trashed the apartment, punched a hole in the wall, and was texting him all night asking for him to bring the car back so he could "wupp some ass"

He might be getting kicked out of said apartment. Oh and best part? I won't include a picture of him because that would be too far, but this is a person who literally got the words "I SUCK AT LIFE" tattooed on his arms.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Apps and zerts, motherfucker

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    So why haven't you already called the police telling them he threatened to kill you?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    "You wanna fight meet me at [address of local police station]"

• Options
    TheStig wrote: »
    So why haven't you already called the police telling them he threatened to kill you?

I have had something like this happen in the past. According to my local police at the time there is nothing they can do about a threat on the internet. But if he ever comes around physically this can be part of evidence against him and I could easily get him arrested.

• Options
    Cool.

Well I'd at least give someone you know whose not involved some info, just in case you wind up in a ditch somewhere.

• Options
    I told all of you!
    Your all my friends!
    right?

• Options
    "Yes officer? Bucket Man? The T-rex looking fellow? No I haven't seen him in a while."

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    You're mom.
    Your gay.

Brolo on
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    TheStig wrote: »

I have had something like this happen in the past. According to my local police at the time there is nothing they can do about a threat on the internet. But if he ever comes around physically this can be part of evidence against him and I could easily get him arrested.

but like, he went to her work physically after saying all that and threatened her too, does she just not want to get the police involved or?

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    You're mom.
    Your gay.

don't bring my gay into this

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Some drunk fuckhead talking shit on Facebook?

Hilarious.

Same piece of shit showing up at her work?

Not funny at all.

Get a restraining order now. Tell the police about the threats he's made, show them the transcripts of any conversations in which threats were made, let them know about him showing up at her work.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    UPDATE, GEESE!!!!!!
    DECK THE HALLS AND BITE MY BALLS, MONDAY!!!

BRYAN IS OUT OF SURGERY AND STABLE!!!

Doctor found the slow bleed in a matter of minutes, said it was fucking textbook, could have taught a class in there!!!

KISS ALL THE ASSES, MONDAY!!!

Bryan is out of the ICU!!!

Don't look at me cross-eyed, Wednesday! You look at me straight-up-and-down, six-o'-clock, suckah!

I seen your mom, Tuesday, watching me as she drives past! Don't cross this, I'll be your stepdad by the weekend!

• Options
    I'll slap you to Friday and its only Wednesday!

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Tam wrote: »
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    second psychiatrist agrees: probably bipolar II.

fuck you, Tuesday

also AutoCAD. Be more inscrutable and unintuitive why don't you

the hell
    get away from that Monroe
    come now
    why would you do that to yourself

go law something

(wait you're a lawyer right)

I am trying to evaluate whether I actually hated law school and new york and all the jobs I had therein or was just brain problemsing all over the place

the job market is legitimately utter shit, though, just ask @crwth or really any other forumer with a law degree who isn't that one guy who went to University of Chicago.

but right now I am horribly underemployed at a solar developer doing basically support work. On the plus side, even if I remain underemployed for a while, (there's a lot of opportunity for advancement given that the company is exploding in size right now) their 100% employer contribution health insurance program for me and my wife kicks in December 16 at which point I'll even take like 30k just to be out from under the 1/4 of my income going to therapy burden and the constant anxiety that Meghan has a relapse and then whoops we're bankrupt and homeless.

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Fuck you, manager at my job

You don't get to call me at 7 PM while I'm out of town and drunk and get pissy when I can't come in at 11 PM the same night, when I wasn't actually supposed to work until Friday

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Most of the time I'm asked to come in without much notice I say no only because I don't want the management to think they can count on me to bend over backwards like I used to do at my old jobs.

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    It was an extra-fuck-no for me because I know the only reason I would come in that suddenly for an 11-7 is that the normal 11-7 guy for weekdays is too busy getting drunk at Hooters

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    My cousin who worked overnights at Walmart once went through all the steps and the system to get a few days off for a road trip, and still had the manager try and yank him into work a few times.

• Options
    I have always been the guy who goes in. It has been awful. Hell even my old job keeps calling me like 3 times a week trying to get me to come in

• Options
    I have always been the guy who goes in. It has been awful. Hell even my old job keeps calling me like 3 times a week trying to get me to come in

You learn eventually.

I used to go the extra mile or 10 every time any of my bosses asked. The result was that none of the higher-ups appreciated it or respected me and the one time I actually worked out half a day off to attend my grandparent's 50th anniversary my manager wanted to fire me over it. That was also the first time I dressed-down an authority figure and my first time quitting a job in anger.

Now I tend to get along pretty well with my bosses.

• Options
    I don't think I've ever anger quit. Wait..no I had sex on my bosses desk once the day before I quit. I guess that counts.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    My cousin who worked overnights at Walmart once went through all the steps and the system to get a few days off for a road trip, and still had the manager try and yank him into work a few times.

I did the same at my security job. Asked for the time off for my graduation, put the request in, juggled shifts to cover and have time off to spend time with the family that's coming up to visit. Friday rolls around and I'm at the theater for my graduation. (Normally, I'd be going in for Graveyard shift Friday night.)

"Hey Noc, I need you-"

"Fuck no."

"Excuse me?"

"Fuck. No. I asked for this day off 3 weeks ago, I juggled shifts to have this night off, I'm graduating in 3 hours, I've got family visiting and I am NOT coming in tonight. Put me down as a no show, fire me if you have to, but I am NOT FUCKING CANCELLING MY GRADUATION PLANS FOR A $10 AN HOUR POST."

"Lemme get back to you..."

Luckily, HIS boss agreed with me since I had the paper trail to back it up.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    drunk ex wrote:
    [random butthurt drunk warbling]
    Me: Well, he's drunk and upset...
    drunk ex wrote:
    I will conceed to being the bigger man and stepping aside and allowing you to date her,
    "...allowing you to date her"

Me: Aw, hell naw

Sorry, that made me really angry and I wanted to vent.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Okay, so wisdom teeth...

I get to Korea. Brand new Private First Class. "Hasty! You need to go get your wisdom teeth out."

spoilered for length:
    Okay, sergeant. Take the bus for thirty minutes from Camp Hovey to Camp Casey. Walk a mile to the dental office. They put me in the chair and start. Now... I have nothing against women. I love 'em. I think they're the bee's knees. But when the woman involved is going to be yanking teeth out of my head, and she's about 4'5", is an Army medical officer with a good amount of plumpness to her, (not in a bad way, she was attractive) and her muscle tone doesn't appear to be all that, I get worried.

So I get a shot. One shot. And this lieutenant decides to start on my upper left wisdom tooth. She's pulling, and she's yanking, and I can feel every second of it. I finally have to stop her and request more anesthesia. So she gives me another shot.

I feel I should explain a little here. The roots on my wisdom teeth pull some kind of Matrix shit and were curved around my jawbone, even digging into it, in an attempt to dodge something or other. But those suckers were in tight.

There are pieces of tooth coming off the top tooth now, and it's loose, but she cannot pull it. She finally decides the bottom teeth are worse off, so she better concentrate on those. Now... it's been an hour. And I've had about 5 shots of novacaine. I am not feeling well, but I'm a soldier, a new one, with lots to prove, so I'm trying to, uh, soldier on. She begins on the bottom left tooth, and begins yanking on it with her pliers. No go. That one is dug in worse than the first. More shots of novacaine, more yanking, more pain, and I'm about ready to just get up and leave, fuck the consequences, and she threatens me with some kind of UCMJ action. Which... I didn't know if medical officers could do, so I shut up. I wasn't mean to her, I promise, but I was hurting.

So she decides to go get another dentist to come help her, and this wiry guy, who was barely taller than her comes on, and he's a captain. I think, oh good, maybe he has a little more experience. He starts doing the same thing. Then they decide to break out the drill and say fuck it, and start drilling my tooth into oblivion. They cut away part of my lower jawbone. I've had about 10 (I think) shots of novacaine, and I am drooling blood everywhere. They finally finish cutting it all out (HA!) and decide to let me go. It's been three hours, and I think they felt sorry for me. My upper left tooth was still in my head, but wobbly as all get out, and they just flat out ignored the other side.

I get a prescription for Tylenol 3 with codeine, and get to go stand in line at the drugs counter with gauze all in my mouth and barely able to think straight from all the shots of novacaine. I cannot talk. I get my rx, and get the ride the bus back to the barracks to half an hour, barely able to stand. Then I have to report to my sergeant, let them know what happen, while still barely able to think straight, and they let me go to bed. I woke up occasionally to take a pill when I have to, but I cannot think straight. My head hurts like crazy, and I cannot stay awake.

Two days later, I've got an infection, because they gave me nothing to prevent it. So I had to go back, and squirm while they shoved gauze soaked in medicine into the hole they had created in my gum and jaw. And got an rx for some antibiotics. I could not eat solid food for about 4 weeks. The upper right tooth stayed loose for about 6 weeks, and to top it off, after the first few days, the platoon command structure thought I was shirking because of it all.

Now, when I transitioned to Ft Benning the next year, I had to go get the remaining 3 taken out, and a certain Colonel Bass rummaged around in my mouth for about 45 minutes, then said "Okay." I asked him politely when we were going to get the other two teeth, and he said "Oh, no. I go them all." <3

I was eating solid food that night, and doing PT that next Monday, and it was great. I love Colonel Bass.

But I still don't like dentist and avoid going to them any more than I have to.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    I am flipping this Friday the bird and shaking my cute ass in its face because now all the members of my immediate family know I am genderqueer as hell and I am gonna go to my therapist tomorrow and start looking at resources to learn more about HRT to see if it's right for me and then go dance and drink fine wine.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Oh, and I forgot to mention the part where I had tiny slivers of tooth coming out thru my gum for weeks after. I got to the point where it would wake me up, and I'd just go in the latrine and pull them on through with tweezers.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    thanks for that

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    I had my wisdoms out in Korea but it was at some camp north of Casey because I was at Greaves. I forget the name of it.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    I'm just gonna stop coming into this thread

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    So today has actually been a pretty great.

@That Dave Fella sent me a surprise box of Sprinkles cupcakes today and now everyone in my office wants me to marry him.

This discussion has been closed.