As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Agents of Shield] Cyber crime just got a whole lot deadlier!

19495969798100»

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    that discussion made me go re-watch the scene were Fitz and Simmons are going through the files

this is a pretty cool shot:
    spoilers, naturally. Also, big

full memo
    SSR is the Strategic Scientific Reserve, aka the precursor to SHIELD and the guys who made Cap.

Also, that place is SHIELD Level 10. Which is Fury's eye only.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    "Why do they insist on using NNG instead of real guns. It's super unrealistic."

"God, what is up with them shooting people instead of using the NNG? What monsters!"

I love this thread. :D

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    that discussion made me go re-watch the scene were Fitz and Simmons are going through the files

this is a pretty cool shot:
    spoilers, naturally. Also, big

full memo
    I can't wait to see them go to Shangra La.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

"God, what is up with them shooting people instead of using the NNG? What monsters!"

Yeah, it's like there is more than one train of thought in here or something. :P

• Options
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Yeah, it's like there is more than one train of thought in here or something. :P

And it's fantastic.

:D

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    klemming wrote: »
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Well, imagine they had tried this with the US military. Walk up to a military base with high-security clearance required for entry and tell them, "Hey, we're going to enter your base now because we think you have a secret serum that will help our friend. If you attack, we'll defend ourselves." What you're saying is, "We're going in there whether you want us to or not, and we'll shoot you if you try to stop us." The fact that you tell them ahead of time that you'll shoot them to get what you want does not suddenly make you the good guy when you kill them all.

"On the other hand, if you first acknowledge us in any way whatsoever, we can try to work out what to do then."

Generally speaking, if you're on sentry duty, the general rule is "No one passes here without proper clearance." Not "No one passes here without proper clearance or if they can give you a really convincing story."

And it's not like it's even a regular military base that happens to have a hospital on it. They were on a secluded island. Guarding something they very possibly had little to no understanding of what any of beyond it being extremely valuable. And strangers have appeared saying they have a medical emergency and totes need in and super promise not to attack anyone.

Frankly the only dumb part was that there were only two guards. Way to skimp on even bare minimum security practices, evil doers.
    TAHITI spoilers:
    The place was rigged to blow. Clearly the bad guys put more value in denying access to whatever assets were there rather than keeping them for themselves.

Which makes me think that whatever was in that tube, there is some sort of binding agreement that we would not have it. Making destroying it instead of letting its existence be uncovered the only reasonable defense.
    I get that much. It's just that if you want to prevent all knowledge of something and want to keep a manned guard, don't go with a set up where one of them is asleep while the other can go poking around with the keys to the super secret area.

TPI PEOPLE.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Moved to new thread.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    jdarksun: the issue I have with that statement is
    You call those dudes "Bad guys" when the show gave us ZERO reason to think that (they probably were badguys since, you know, it's a TV show, but that's besides the point.) They were two security guards told to guard a place that was apparently private property, and Coulson and team showed up with ZERO legal authority to take the property they were told to guard. When denied entrance the invading force BLEW their way in.

Honestly, between that and the repeated insistence that people who cross SHIELD are denied rights is REALLY starting to bug me. Do the creators really think this it the proper global atmosphere to be going hog wild with an overreaching government agency?
    I think that last paragraph is the point of cap 2?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Latest ep:
    I thought the bit between the guy who fought Ward and Simmons was really jarring.

He was implying that he liked her? He hadn't even met her, had he?

The scene between him and Ward could have been rewritten into some kind of attempt to face down Simmons, her standing up to him, and him being impressed by her bravery.

Without anything like that, it was just... absurd that he start liking her.

I figure I could take a bear.
This discussion has been closed.