Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Update: question about Power of Attorney

2»

• zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Well yeah. The manager is kind of an idiot. If you can actually talk to the PoA grantor that's the easiest way of verifying, but is obviously not always possible or useful. There should be some procedure to follow after that is ruled out as an option.

Well, if there is obvious fraud, the bank would contact law enforcement.

I know in some cases banks will have the person presenting the POA documents sign an affidavit affirming that they are the POA and that the documents they are presenting are valid. Sometimes the bank's legal department will want to review the POA documents as well to verify they are properly executed and properly grant the person presenting the documents POA.

bowen
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    It's not even that they don't know who I am. It's a small local bank. The bank manager literally said to me "oh I remember you from the last time you brought these forms in. It's just our policy to verify with the account holder every time someone presents PoA."

I'm just sort of guffawing they're giving me a hard time.

silence1186 on
    V wrote:
    Words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.

• LankyseanLankysean Registered User regular
    It's not even that they don't know who I am. It's a small local bank. The bank manager literally said to me "oh I remember you from the last time you brought these forms in. It's just our policy to verify with the account holder every time someone presents PoA."

I'm just sort of guffawing they're giving me a hard time.

We had a similar situation with my grandmothers bank after we became power of attorney for her. Every time I would go to the bank they would ring the house and try to speak with my grandmother who couldn't or wouldn't speak to them. Eventually we called the banks home office and asked if we could add our own names to the account so that we didn't have to show POA. We needed to fax in the POA paperwork and a few other things to get it done but it worked.

Side note, my grandmother gave up as well. She refused to take her pills, eat, get out of bed in the assumption that she would simply pass away... after a few weeks of that we hired a home health professional who was better able to cope with her and even though it was expensive it was 100% worth the money for the piece of mind that we got from it not to mention the increased care she was getting. Now that she has passed away I look back and as hard as it was to care for her it was something I would do again for her. A good deal of our family didn't put in as much time as they could have and now they are regretting it big time. So hold fast, stay strong and know you are doing the right thing.

2»