As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Sleepy Hollow] - Season 4 starts this Friday! Watch it!

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Someone said before, in season one they were great about wrapping up things you thought would be season-long teases in just an episode or two. Now they're dragging out the stuff with Henry and Katrina way, way too long.

If I had to guess, they made season one all alone, assuming it would die quietly. And once it became a hit, people started meddling, and now we're getting something a bit more mundane.

They've created two romantic subplots, one for each main character (there was no real drama to Katrina/Crane before, they were more or less 100% fine, all of the tension was created this season). One of the smartest, most refreshing decisions was having the authority figure be totally on board...and they immediately got him out of the picture, replaced with the most boring and standard police chief possible. And they now have to sneak around her, just like in most every other similar type show. This also removed one of the show's more recognizable co-stars, who also promoted it heavily online and interacted with fans.

They even gave the headless horseman a head. So he can talk to Katrina and add more romantic drama.

I don't think there's a better visual to indicate the shift than that.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular
    I still like the show and I think it will get back into full gear once we start getting closer to the end of the season and "monster of the week gets defeated, Henry still gets what he wants, and all relationships advance 1 space" formula isn't the norm.

I like a ton of the stuff they are setting up, but it's about time they started knocking down some of those dominoes.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I missed the start of this episode

why wasn't Crane around?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    He had a cold.

No, seriously. He had a cold, so they told him to stay home and take a nap.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    He was defeated by the true villain of the series: the common cold.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Decomposey wrote: »
    He had a cold.

No, seriously. He had a cold, so they told him to stay home and take a nap.

I

hm. . .

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Although I loved Crane vs Matzo Ball soup.
    Of course Matzo Ball soup wins. It always wins.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Wow the Katrina/Jeremy plot line keeps killing my interest in this. Now they have a demon child and god damn it Sleepy Hollow WHY? WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    fuck I love this series.

I could watch Ichabod Crane out of time all day

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    There is just not enough talk about this show.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    I did like with the latest episode, for this monster of the week, instead of going with the usual semi biblical or colonial based monster they just said "Fuck it!" and went straight to
    Gorgon

I really enjoy the series, but they seem to be spinning their tires a bit with things going on and I really hate what they have been doing with Katrina. 1st season she was stuck in Purgatory the whole time, now she's just stuck in that house most of the time. Everytime we have Icabod and Abbie off having adventures and then cut to Katrina sitting in that house looking sad.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    Probably the problem with going from 13 episode first season to 22(?) episode second, there is a lot more to fill out.

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    I lost the last few minutes to the news cutting in. What happened after they held up both torches?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I lost the last few minutes to the news cutting in. What happened after they held up both torches?
    A shining sword appeared, Crane grabbed it, inspirational speech ensued, and I think that was it. Not sure if there was a stinger after that.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    Yeah, I missed 20 mins of that episode because of goddamn Fox News cutting in with Ferguson shit, and it came back to a Gorgon and I was like "what the hell happened while I was away?" :(

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Why is everything in Sleepy Hallow? Come on, it's time for a road trip! While someone important dies...

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Why is everything in Sleepy Hallow? Come on, it's time for a road trip! While someone important dies...

Yeah I expected a bit more things strewn across where the 13 colonies were since everything links back to that period. like every 5 feet in sleepy hollow you can slam a shovel down and hit an ancient powerful artifact and mythological creature.

A major dodge in this episode:
    headless horseman assumes his honest form with a face, they completely avoid grabbing the gargons head to show him and turn him to stone because they need him around as a tool for drama/violence.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm hoping after they resolve what they resolve tonight they right the ship, stop having John Noble's character literally be the cause of all problems in Sleepy Hollow and put some more god damned Irving in. Otherwise I won't mourn the cancelation.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Basically this episode had me at WAIT WE CAN'T USE CARS FOR SOME REASON

QUICK LET'S RIDE A MOTORCYCLE WITH SWORDS!

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Yeah I expected a bit more things strewn across where the 13 colonies were since everything links back to that period. like every 5 feet in sleepy hollow you can slam a shovel down and hit an ancient powerful artifact and mythological creature.

A major dodge in this episode:
    headless horseman assumes his honest form with a face, they completely avoid grabbing the gargons head to show him and turn him to stone because they need him around as a tool for drama/violence.

@DiannaoChong‌
    they would have to make the gorgon actually see the headless horseman for that to be a valid strategy. so we can assume the witch magic does not work on gorgons and plot-hole prevented. a witch did not do it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    How many times can I say:
    "Just kill him already!" to the tv?

Many many times.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    How many times can I say:
    "Just kill him already!" to the tv?

Many many times.

Both Katrina and Henry are so much dead weight. Also at this point I swear to god Henry is like a writer's personal stand in. Though he wasn't nearly as awful as Katrina, holy crap was she awful.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I'd be okay with more Revengus Interuptus on the villains as long as Katrina dies.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I feel like I watch he show mostly for John Noble.

What can I say, I don't hate Henry and I love the actor.

Still this episodes end was pretty good. Though I am done with Katrina.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    See I can't stand Noble, he's become such a "And then Henry does this completely invalidating the heroes struggle!" He's too powerful, and too much saturday morning cartoon villain "I'LL GET YOU GADGET!"

Also were were supposed to think Katrina wasn't being a complete bitch and a horrible person? Like seriously every complaint Ichabod raised was valid, every single one, and her defense was uhh reasons? I mean shit the entire apocalypse was directly Katrina's fault, and yet she's trying to act like Ichabod was being a dick.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Show came back last night and it should have stayed away. Holy shit was it bad. They added an angel in to the conflict, katrina freed the horseman, they had demons in like walmart masks. It was just awful.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    I dislike Katarina.

She's like the person in every horror movie who has a bad idea and makes the others do it and it always backfires.

I'm waiting for the Sam, Dean, and Castiel crossover as they have now added angels to the mix.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Yeah Katrina is the worst part of the show and yet the writers clearly want us to see her viewpoint on things even when her viewpoint is freaking awful.

Like I get it you feel bad that he was your betrothed but Ichabod's icharod swung you to his side, but lady most people don't lose out on a girl and go off and become a horseman of the apocalypse that's a big jump for most men.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Yeah, the minute the angel showed up, my wife stood up, said "Fuck this, I'm out," and walked out of the room, Jerry Seinfeld-style.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    My wife and I said "What?" and man his wings/costume was cheesy as hell. And like all the bad angel cliches were there. Old english, wearing older armor, using mid evil weaponry (a chakram really?) just really kind of dumb.

Its like this show is rushing through supernaturals arcs as fast as they can. They are already up to season 6/7 of supernatural.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    They are burning through Supernatural arcs straight into Syfy's Dominion level of terrible.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    And the worst part is they are doing their best to ruin the Abbie and Ichabod relationship. Like with Katrina being there and terrible, the connection between abbie and ichabod is just awful.

Like it was funny with Hawley because ichabod was clearly jealous but didn't want to admit that, but with Katrina she is literally Ichabod's wife and for some stupid reason he feels he should be with her even though she's a horrible liar and emotionally manipulative person. And again the writers clearly want us to understand where Katrina is coming from.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I'm 100% for them turning the horseman to their side as an ally, and having katrina just be with him, and let them be shitty people together that occasionally help out and dont have their own B/C plot lines.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah Katrina works best when she's not around at all.

also I laughed and laughed at the chakram.

like what? this is your power weapon? really? what was it your halo? get outta here.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I'm 100% for them turning the horseman to their side as an ally, and having katrina just be with him, and let them be shitty people together that occasionally help out and dont have their own B/C plot lines.

But then what happens to Franklinstein's monster? I mean, he's still running around with the horseman's head on his shoulders. I think they're gonna need that back if the want the horseman on their side.

see317 on
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Yeah Katrina works best when she's not around at all.

My theory for why they don't want her around or engaged in silly side quests is that they don't want a witch stealing the Witnesses thunder. I like her, she needs to be written better, otherwise they're risking turning her into the show's Laurel, if they haven't already. :(
    also I laughed and laughed at the chakram.

like what? this is your power weapon? really? what was it your halo? get outta here.

Yeah.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    I actually really liked the idea of the glowing chakram being what people saw as a halo.

The rest of it was pretty bad, yeah.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    Are they trying to kill this

or are they trying to improve it

• Options
    edited February 2015
    *Looks at Heroes Season 2*

*Looks at Sleepy Hollow*

it was good while it lasted. But none of us care.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    I wholeheartedly disagree, so speak for yourself! This last ep's ending was quite awesome.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.