As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Sleepy Hollow] - Season 4 starts this Friday! Watch it!

14567810»

• Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    It didn't bother me that they expanded, it bothered me that the Horseman got, like, boxed in ep 1 of the season and it kinda became a totally different show. They abandoned a lot of the specifics of the first two seasons

That's fair. I'd have liked to see the Horseman square off with Pandora.

Season finale spoilers
    He does.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    I stopped after season 2. Did they ever do anything with the remaining horsemen?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Looks like they at least get to explore one question I clearly was wondering. Clearly the US government at the very highest levels during the revolution knew what was going on with the supernatural. So that there did not seem to be the awareness in the current govt seemed odd. Now it looks like they do indeed know or at least at the highest levels they do and I am curious how that plays out possibly ichobod and company getting a bigger operating budget.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Thanks for the update @captain tragedy

thread title updated.

but i tuned out all of last season. was it worth watching?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Nay REAL SPOILERS FOR SEASON 3 READ IF YOU WANT TO DESTROY YOUR LOVE OF THE SHOW FOREVER!

They kill Abbie for good. No shit.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    It's...better than 2, I guess? Like I mentioned in my last post, the show dropped from the must-watch it was in S1 to a show that would gather on my DVR and I'd just catch up on when I had spare time, usually in the background while screwing around on the Internet or something. Even with it being better than last year, it never really got back to whatever weird alchemy it was that made S1 work.

And given what happened at the end of S3 (which I won't spoil just in case you managed to avoid the news and/or care), I'm not sure how I much I want to continue with it.

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Preacher wrote: »
    Nay

They kill Abbie for good. No shit.

Already knew but you may want to spoiler that harder?

Knowing that's the end game of the season i'm kind of just :confused:

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Apologies for bumping an old thread, but no sense starting a new one when this one's perfectly serviceable. Just blow the dust off a bit, pull some tattered parchment from the archives, then find out it was all about Crane's ties with [insert historical revolutionary icon here] and demons.

Basically, Season 4 is starting up again soon.
    This Friday in fact.

So, if your DVRs are horrible little hate boxes who want you to miss this show (on the off chance that it's good again).
    Or, if they're adorable little love boxes who want you to miss this (for your own good, because chances of it being good again seem to be spectacularly thin).

Just, you know, be aware that it's back.

I'm kind of curious if Crane will have any commentary on the election results. Seems like the kind of thing he might comment on.
    On the other hand, it is on Fox.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    It is so weird that I made this thread.

edited title to reflect your information see317

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    @see317 if you have a thread title you would like let me know and i'll edit it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I had actually completely forgotten about this. I don't feel like they marketed it at all? And also...wasn't it a full season last year? Thinking maybe they're just giving it a float season or something to see how the new premise does and may cancel it after this one if it doesn't pan out?

But it's Fox so who knows really.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I still can't believe there is another season.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I still can't believe there is another season.

I was as surprised as anyone when I saw the commercial and saw it pop up on my DVR. I had assumed that Fox just tossed it in the shallow grave they keep out back for shows that I enjoy.
    I'll wait till Friday before I consider that possibly the shallow grave would have been kinder.

• Options
    How we liking this so far?

They've gone in some interesting directions, but overall I'm still enjoying it plenty fine.

Newest episode was kinda obvious, to me at least.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I've liked some of the concepts for the episodes so far but... so far it's the worst season. First and most obviously, losing Abby is basically a death blow to this show's chemistry, likeability, shipping, and even lore. I say losing, what I mean is "basically firing because it seems like the producers or head honchos or somebody are shitheads." And no, hiring a C-grade NCIS team to replace Abby is not working. Child witness is uh... awkward. It seems like they have to work really hard just to make SURE they avoid any sense of impropriety between Crane and the kid. Maybe that's why you don't try to make a grown ass adult and a tiny child into partners, show! Finally, the new villain guy is a pretty shit actor. They somewhat humorously spotlighted this by having the all time MVP John Noble show up again for an episode. Sure, that was fantastic to see him again, but it was like "Hey, remember when this show was really really good? Yeah... that was nice. Anyway, back to whatever this is..."

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Child witness?

confused-about-my-animal-guides-21728233.jpg

• Options
    Child witness?
    Yeah, it was revealed that the soul of a witness doesn't go to the afterlife when they die, it just finds a nearby child to latch onto, traumatizes them with nightmares of assorted hellspawn and then turns them into monster bait unless the other witness can show up in time to protect them and train them in their witnessing duties.

Fortunately, this is TV, so there's only like 15-20 people on the planet and they're all within easy driving distance of Sleepy Hollow

• Options
    see317 wrote: »
    Child witness?
    Yeah, it was revealed that the soul of a witness doesn't go to the afterlife when they die, it just finds a nearby child to latch onto, traumatizes them with nightmares of assorted hellspawn and then turns them into monster bait unless the other witness can show up in time to protect them and train them in their witnessing duties.

Fortunately, this is TV, so there's only like 15-20 people on the planet and they're all within easy driving distance of Sleepy Hollow

In the most recent episode, her mom (who is ex-military and fine as a character, if completely unexciting and having no chemistry with Crane at all) was like "I dunno... maybe I could do the monster fighting and villain shooting for her? Because of how... she's a tiny child and all?"

And Crane was like "Uh, it's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Eve's Mom, okay??"

• Options
    Is Sophie Foster, who is totally not the show's back up plan for when Abbie leaves, still there? I liked her.

• Options
    Is Sophie Foster, who is totally not the show's back up plan for when Abbie leaves, still there? I liked her.

No she didn't come back. Neither did Betsy Ross flashbacks or the mercenary dude from season 2. The only returning characters so far are Crane, Jenny (thank god), and in a dream sequence, John Noble. Katrina was mentioned (in a single line) in an episode that featured witch villains, but not by name.

• Options

No she didn't come back. Neither did Betsy Ross flashbacks or the mercenary dude from season 2. The only returning characters so far are Crane, Jenny (thank god), and in a dream sequence, John Noble. Katrina was mentioned (in a single line) in an episode that featured witch villains, but not by name.

That's disappointing to hear, I liked all those characters, aside from the merc. What a relief Jenny came back, the way this is going I expect this to be the last season. Did something bad happen behind the scenes to cause so many actors to leave? That feels like a big wanting sign, and the previous season was meant to be a train wreck behind the scenes too. Though I enjoyed the Pandora story line.

• Options
    So with the new job the wife and I got behind on this and just marathoned the last 4 episodes.

That...was an interesting and wild ride. I'm...still curious to see where they go next

• Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Cancelled.

I honestly forgot about the show. I watched the first 3 episodes of the season and it just...kinda fell by the wayside for me.

It never really lived up to its 1st season, but there was some good stuff later on.

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    That kinda sucks. The last season was...weird, but not terrible, and better than Pandora, imo (I felt like that season just departed too far mythologically from what we'd seen, this season brought it back closer to the original idea).

Have to agree though, season 1 had a lot of potential, and I feel like a lot of plot threads just sort of got tossed aside and never really utilized. I felt like Seasons 1 and 2 were pretty cohesive, and would have loved if they'd continued the notion of fighting a horseman each season, would have at least thematically worked.

• Options
    I thought Moloch was a fine enemy for the whole show. The first episode ending is freaky as hell. Moving on from him is really what caused the trouble.

• Options
    Well yeah, I mean, Moloch was the devil analogue. He was the one raising the horsemen. Once they defeated him and moved on, they were destined to run into an issue of power creep.

And Season 3 was....just such a massive departure, mythologically speaking.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Making the Horseman his best friend whom was also the former suitor of his witch wife was the big stumbling block for me from which the show never really recovered from.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I thought Moloch was a fine enemy for the whole show. The first episode ending is freaky as hell. Moving on from him is really what caused the trouble.

I disagree. I liked the show post-Moloch, something like this was always going to move onto something else. Pandora was p cool.

edit: They should have done away with the whole witnesses thing after defeating Moloch.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular
    I stopped watching early season three.

I won't miss the show that it ended up being, but I wish that they could have figured out how to play to their strengths better. The Ichabod interacting with modern society stuff, the Abby/Ichabod friendship, and the ridiculous National Treasure puzzles and secret history stuff was all very charming. Any time the show stayed from the that it was disappointing.

• Options

I disagree. I liked the show post-Moloch, something like this was always going to move onto something else. Pandora was p cool.

edit: They should have done away with the whole witnesses thing after defeating Moloch.

That's just Supernatural or some dumb thing. The show had an excellent niche, I feel like going out of its lane got it killed.

• Options
    I honestly kinda wished they'd kept the whole witness thing a bit more vague, and made it so that the sisters were the Witnesses, with Ichabod as the Prophet or something who chronicles their experiences during the tribulations.

But eh, oh well.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    The whole witness thing came across rather trite in my opinion. Outside of a few handful of characters the whole 'chosen ones' thing falls flat most of the time.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    That plus they ran into a lot if white savior issues because they wanted a diverse cast but also they had this colonial white guy as the protagonist oh and also he was an apologist because no you see the founding fathers hated slavery and racism

• Options
    Tox wrote: »
    That plus they ran into a lot if white savior issues because they wanted a diverse cast but also they had this colonial white guy as the protagonist oh and also he was an apologist because no you see the founding fathers hated slavery and racism

They did pretty well with that in the early seasons. Crane dismisses the stuff about Jefferson and his slaves until they prove it to him, then he's like "oh no......." and is basically in a shame spiral for much of the rest of that episode. The most recent two seasons were some bullshit on that front though, first with Betsy Ross, busty American heroine with a completely unbelievable role in the war. Then with Benjamin Banneker who Crane "Um actually"s about how the United States will be freedom for all people... eventually. When they get around to it.