As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Sleepy Hollow] - Season 4 starts this Friday! Watch it!

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Reaction to the finale:
    That ending was basically this done by John Noble:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9t7G_lHeiY

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    Ahahahahahah
    Stumbles upon Revolutionary War reenactment. Buys more old timey clothes.

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Ahahahahahah
    Stumbles upon Revolutionary War reenactment. Buys more old timey clothes.

Oh my God, I hadn't seen the finale yet but decided to click your spoiler. MAXIMUM TROLLING by the writers.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Holy Fucking Shit.

I'm speechless.

steam_sig.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Fucking september of this year? ARE YOU SHITTING ME!??!!?!?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    That ending was a "fuck you bitches, we got renewed."

My favorite part was when Death randomly shows up and is like, "Sup bitch." and blows out her windows, then her tires.

Waffles or whatever on
    Purgatory was intense. Some terrifying visuals actually.

But my favorite part was. Shit. So much of it.

steam_sig.png
  • Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Oh yeah, I guess that Ichabod isn't a witness after all. Its obviously Jenny and shes just been killed by the Headless Horseman. That means both witnesses are now in Purgatory.

Waffles or whatever on
    You should probably use some spoiler tags @Waffen !

steam_sig.png
  • Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    i'm a stupid person for reading this thread again before watching the finale

also am i insane for thinking that abbie and jenny are both gorgeous

i might be but i have no regrets

not even for the spoiler-diving

bring on the finale, motherfuckers

my body is ready for two hours of the shit hitting the fan

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited January 2014

No. They are both gorgeous women.

Harry Dresden on
    Yeah Abbie and her sister are both extremely beautiful, but not in like a super model way which works with the show. Icahbod is also no slouch in the looks department. Though much to the dismay of most people, his luxurious long hair is just a wig.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    I know that Jeffrey Dean Morgan was already on the prototype to this show, but god damn would I not mind him showing up next season.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2014

Every lead in this show is gorgeous in relatively unconventional Hollywood fashion.

Whenever the show begins to lull at least you can stare. Also Abbie had a rad jacket for invading purgatory.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    Even Orlando Jones, I mean he is the winningest volleyball coach in division 2 history.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2014
    I don't count him as a lead but I am reminded of refreshing 7up when he's on screen so that's fine.

Actually speaking of which. wtf was his plot about. That was the weakest bit of the finale.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png

Every lead in this show is gorgeous in relatively unconventional Hollywood fashion.

Whenever the show begins to lull at least you can stare. Also Abbie had a rad jacket for invading purgatory.

Gotta disagree there. Every lead is conventionally beautiful. They'd all fit right in with Hollywood movies and CW shows, excluding John Noble.

I don't count him as a lead but I am reminded of refreshing 7up when he's on screen so that's fine.

Actually speaking of which. wtf was his plot about. That was the weakest bit of the finale.
    His life is screwed thanks to Moloch.

edited January 2014

It doesn't really make sense though.

No jury on this planet would convict a
    disabled little girl of murdering a group of adults.

Seemed like something went wrong in the writers room or had to be edited out.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    I think by unconventional edward means wesley snipes black. Which is pretty unconventional beautiful in hollywood.

pleasepaypreacher.net

No jury on this planet would convict a disabled little girl of murdering a group of adults. Seemed like something went wrong in the writers room or had to be edited out.
    The trouble is it leaves many awkward questions that he and his family can't answer truthfully. That's all that's needed to raise suspicions and probe deeper into his life, which he doesn't want them do. The second they discover he thinks a headless horseman exists they're going to think he's mentally unstable and might pin the deaths on him since that's the only explanation that makes sense.

No jury on this planet would convict a disabled little girl of murdering a group of adults. Seemed like something went wrong in the writers room or had to be edited out.
    The trouble is it leaves many awkward questions that he and his family can't answer truthfully. That's all that's needed to raise suspicions and probe deeper into his life, which he doesn't want them do. The second they discover he thinks a headless horseman exists they're going to think he's mentally unstable and might pin the deaths on him since that's the only explanation that makes sense.

He doesn't really have to explain anything about a headless horseman.

I guess it buys them time. But not really as an investigation would have taken a lot of time.

steam_sig.png
    edited January 2014

I guess it buys them time. But not really as an investigation would have taken a lot of time.

I mentioned the Horseman as an example of the weird "experiences" he'd been involved in. The authorities get a whiff of that and his life is over. That's why he was so adamant about having plausible deniability earlier with Abbie and Ichabod's earlier activities in the season.

Harry Dresden on
    edited January 2014

I mentioned the Horseman as an example of the weird "experiences" he'd been involved in. The authorities get a whiff of that and his life is over. That's why he was so adamant about having plausible deniability earlier with Abbie and Ichabod's earlier activities in the season.

Yeah. That's true. But it's true this way too.
    Why throw yourself to the wolves so soon? His plausible deniability still holds up. No one has claimed responsibility for the murders and they were investigating his daughter and not him.

Who knows how long it would take to send an investigation his way. Even when it does happen the evidence isn't really damning.

Dead bodies. None of the suspects make any sense. It's the word of the police chief captain versus. . .a weird scene. Why just confess when it could have been a masked invader among a number of other better lies? It just seemed like odd writing.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png

Why throw yourself to the wolves so soon? His plausible deniability still holds up. No one has claimed responsibility for the murders and they were investigating his daughter and not him.

Who knows how long it would take to send an investigation his way. Even when it does happen the evidence isn't really damning.

Dead bodies. None of the suspects make any sense. It's the word of the police chief captain versus. . .a weird scene. Why just confess when it could have been a masked invader among a number of other better lies? It just seemed like odd writing.

Agreed.
    The investigation against him wasn't explained in detail so I'm going off guess work until it gets cleared up in season 2.

Agreed.
    The investigation against him wasn't explained in detail so I'm going off guess work until it gets cleared up in season 2.

Season 2 should fix it up but as it stands it just threw me for a loop.

steam_sig.png
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    The investigation was definitely the strangest part of the finale.
    It seems like the guy is already convinced the daughter might have killed those guys, but there's no reason for him to think that. Even if he suspected it was actually a family member, for some unknown reason, she would be the last suspect.

Otherwise it was a pretty good cliffhanger there.

It felt a bit forced to take the captain out, when they could have skipped the daughter storyline all together and just had him lose his badge for all the other stuff he let happen on his watch. Like having a guy with a history fetish work with his department. Or you know the fact he's a Captain in charge of a Sherriff's department.

We also never got a resolution on who set up Ichabod's back story.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    http://www.teefury.com/

They have a nifty Horseman shirt up today, with red glowing ink for the heat hawk axe and everything!

uyvfOQy.png
    edited January 2014
    The more I watch Fringe the less I can take John Noble seriously in this series. I'm just waiting for him to be jolly, fun, and suddenly yell out for some Frankenberry Cereal and some Ginger Ale, but I know he never will. :(
    Especially after the season finale

Waffles or whatever on
  • CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    Maybe next season we'll finally get the strawberry-flavored death and Meta Noble has promised us.

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    There's been some casting news about recurring characters becoming regulars next season (spoiler tagged to be safe, given the multiple cliff-hangers):

Captain Tragedy on
  • Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular
    I just watched the season finale last night. I thought it was a real return to form, I don't think that the monster of the week stuff serves this show very well.
    I also did not see any of that coming! Of our 6 protagonists we have one that turned out to be evil, one in jail, one buried alive, one in purgatory, one carried off by the Horseman, and one maybe dead.

Concerning the guests that are becoming regulars:
    It did bug me a bit that the Horseman cared enough to hunt her down and shoot up her car but apparently didn't have the time to check whether she was dead or not, it makes the villains seem incompetent when they are so careless.

• Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular
    I know that they have already been renewed for a second season, but part of me would find it pretty hilarious if they weren't renewed and just made this the last episode.

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Thorn413 wrote: »
    I know that they have already been renewed for a second season, but part of me would find it pretty hilarious if they weren't renewed and just made this the last episode.

it would make a pretty decent 'Fuck, the good guys lost' ending.

Well it would at least explain the Obama admin WE ARE LIVING IN END TIMES REPENT REPENT!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Is it just me or did it feel like the last episode and the episode immediately prior were written by two people who were very much not on the same page? In fact, most of this show feels that way, a lot of the twists are less like subtle build ups and more like someone saying "The hell with it! Let's do this!"

I still like it, though, mostly cause good cast is good.

Heartlash on
    My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
    http://youtu.be/Jyl95obG0ac

We're almost back bitches!

pleasepaypreacher.net
    TOMORROW

steam_sig.png