As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Sleepy Hollow] - Season 4 starts this Friday! Watch it!

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm so psyched SO PSYCHED!! I'm even doing fox the favor of watching gotham before hand!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I'm so psyched SO PSYCHED!! I'm even doing fox the favor of watching gotham before hand!

wow

are you sure?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm willing to at least see if I need to do something else and cut over like I did with bones last year...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    TONIGHT, BITCHES

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I am very psyched for this. Gonna be a great year for TV.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    I am very psyched for this. Gonna be a great year for TV.

Not for Gotham.

• Options
    Hey I heard there was some gotham show or something idk

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Hell of a start so far

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    I was so gosh darn confused for a bit.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    No spoilers:

It was awesome, as expected. The way they got out of the cliffhanger was clever and managed to keep most of the momentum from the season finale.

I love- freaking love- how thoroughly they subverted the Damsel in Distress. They could have wasted the entire premiere on false tension regarding the fates of Ichabod and Jenny; instead, they both rescue themselves with little difficulty in moments of awesome that are no doubt being added to the trope page as I type. Rather than keeping Abbie trapped in Purgatory for half the season, which is what I suspect most shows would have done, they finish off that plot in one episode while setting up the season's arc.

Nice.

Also, I'm curious about where they're taking Katrina's captivity. There are numerous ways it could fall flat, such as brainwashing to evil or exploitative creepiness. It doesn't help that it's already a rehash of her position in Season 1. However, I thought the dress-up scene was oddly humanizing despite the creep factor. Abraham may no longer be human, and he's definitely maintained that trademark lack of self-awareness, but is clearly desperate to be seen as something other than a monster. That could go interesting places.

John Noble was excellent as always. It's a good sign that the writers are taking pains to differentiate Henry from Abraham. The whole telepathic armor thing is fodder for nifty plots, I think. The flaming sword is a (magnificent) bonus.

• Options
    Continental_OpContinental_Op Registered User regular
    Anyone know how this works with the Fox Now app? Episodes pop up after they air or?

XBL - TeenageHead
  • Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Day after I believe.

• Options
    Continental_OpContinental_Op Registered User regular
    Thanks!

XBL - TeenageHead
  • Options
    The fake out start was great, Ichabod continues to be confounded by technology and I can already see the comedy potential of his hatred of Benjamin Franklin will be awesome all year.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    The fake out start was great, Ichabod continues to be confounded by technology and I can already see the comedy potential of his hatred of Benjamin Franklin will be awesome all year.

Indeed, it always was about the Benjamins.

Take notes, Gotham writers, this is how to do a trashy show right.

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    I loved Abbie's dig on Ichabod for the smartest man in the room gag.

Honestly though GET ME CAPTAIN IRVING GOD DAMN IT!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    Did they
    do a lovecraft tie in or was it just me
    ?

• Options
    yurnamehereyurnamehere Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I see it as more of an Easter egg, but
    yes, they did.

yurnamehere on
  • Options
    Emissary42Emissary42 Registered User regular
    Noizlanif wrote: »
    Did they
    do a lovecraft tie in or was it just me
    ?

I, for one
    welcome the addition of Cthulhu to the cast. It would actually be a fun little nod if some of the few non-Sleepy Hollow [town] location names were lifted right out of Lovecraft stories.

• Options
    I must have missed this tie in.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Emissary42Emissary42 Registered User regular
    I must have missed this tie in.
    The incantation to raise the Kindred had some direct quotes, namely "and with strange aeons even death may die".

• Options
    You guys were paying a lot more attention to that than I was. NERDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    I can easily envision the writer's room discussion,

"Crap! We need an incantation."

"It's OK, I got this."

"Wait, isn't that Lovecraft?"

"Public domain, bitches."

My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • Options
    SchadenfreudeSchadenfreude Mean Mister Mustard Registered User regular
    Episode was worth it just for the Franklinstein's Monster pun.

Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe
  • Options
    Banking Rant was the best, and it does make little sense you give your bank your money but they don't trust you to not steal their pens.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    Did Moloch ever tell you his favorite color was blue?

Yes, more Cthulu please.

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Lovecraft obviously ripped off that coven, they wrote it first.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    S2 E2 Spoilers
    I just literally laughed out loud at the spectacle of "The Headless Horseman and Flaming-Sword Ghost-Guy fight Zombie Skeleton Face" being a scene that appeared in a network program on my television.

This show is pretty great.

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    Another solid ep, I'm glad that they didn't leave the whole Irving thing hanging too long. And the new Indiana Jones type isn't too awful, though he's getting in the way of my abbie ichabod!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Last night's episode remained at 1.7, down from 2.0 for the premiere, same as last week.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    So at least its leveled off. And that's just in the demo, how are the overall ratings?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    4.46 million.

Last week's DVR ratings (Live+3) brought Sleepy Hollow all the way up to a 2.6.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    2.6 isn't that awful, especially going against MNF which despite being on cable is a ratings monster.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I also loved the gay marriage call out, of course Icahabod wouldn't have an issue with gay people, but men with hats on inside? YOU BASTARDS!

Sam Adams beer rant was aces as well.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    They could have a show of Crane just reacting to modern day stuff and I'd tune in every week.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    I do love how despite ichabod being from the 18th century, dude is more progressive than 90% of our current population.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    "Gay men in relationships? So what. Men indoors wearing hats? This kind of thing is just not done in polite society!"

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    And that's a stance I agree with, stupid ass ball cap wearing slack jaws.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    And that's a stance I agree with, stupid ass ball cap wearing slack jaws.

100%

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    I do love how despite ichabod being from the 18th century, dude is more progressive than 90% of our current population.
    See, this is like one (admittedly minor) problem I do have with it. Like, why not have him be a product of his times and then he can learn and grow! Character growth is okay! A dislikable character is not the same as a bad character! etc etc

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970