As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Puzzle & Dragons] part of the Hello Kitty Family.

• SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    After feeling inspired by ya'll posting your PAD Herders, I updated mine! They've made some really good changes since I last used it. These Sets and Teams are great:

http://www.padherder.com/user/Smoogy/sets/

Sets provide such a nice, quick visual. I'm going to work on my teams at some point. Oh goodness, bye bye work productivity.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Heh maybe this will make you feel better Smoogy:
    0/2 Ardbeg
    0/4 Lagavulin
    0/2 King Bubblie
    0/2 Green War Dragon
    0/2 Light War Dragon
    0/2 Blue War Dragon
    0/4 Various Ogres
    1/1 King Shynee

Then you're going to hate me

0/2 King Bubblie
    1/2 King Woodsie
    1/2 King Baddie
    2/2 ECO Salamander Alma
    0/1 Parvati
    1/1 ECO Dumpty
    5/13 Venus

Of course, this means that now I need to farm 80 ECO Shabos because my luck is not going to hold out. On the bright side, I can run ECO Master instead of Heaven Sent now which is much, much faster.

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    i wish padherder allowed different accounts per login i don't want to have to sign in etc for each of my devices.

anyhoo, awoke my neptune to get sweet sweet enhance orbs for my blue team which is my most run team it seems, though i was looking through skills, hatsume has some pretty baller awoken skills

split atk

the one where if you eliminate a row of water it boosts 10%

skill boost

pretty nice for a blue sub or healer leader

camo_sig.png
    edited October 2013
    I don't care what his stats are, I want that Black Rider so badly

4MaFF.jpg

I need to start max skilling a Black Knight!

gjaustin on
  • TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    So what's the point of Tower of Jewel? I can't imagine that it's better exp/stam than Jewel Dragons or Pengdra Village or Dragon Plants

• BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    TannerMS wrote: »
    So what's the point of Tower of Jewel? I can't imagine that it's better exp/stam than Jewel Dragons or Pengdra Village or Dragon Plants
    Supposedly it has a good +egg drop rate. Can't say I've noticed. I'd rather run OoH for the extra rank xp (and I'd definitely rather run pengdra village).

It's close to the highest +egg/stam available and has a chance at Dubmythlits

• CantideCantide Registered User regular
    I was deceived by visions of Dub Mythlits and spent all my stamina this morning on Tower of Jewel. Nothing to show for it but a single +egg and a handful of high dragons. Well, at least it got me a stone.

Whoah! Knights are becoming Riders? That's fantastic. Too bad I have a Shiva, Puzzdroid, Dark Golem for my armor breaking goodness. Plus Neptune for water. I suppose, since I don't have a light golem, I should max skill a light knight and make them a rider. I do have a lvl 45 max-skilled Earth Knight I can evolve too.

Love the art on that Dark Rider though.

Smoogy-1689

• TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    Were we expecting Ultimate evos this patch? It seems like Persephone, Bastet, and Co have been waiting awhile

Smoogy wrote: »
    Whoah! Knights are becoming Riders? That's fantastic. Too bad I have a Shiva, Puzzdroid, Dark Golem for my armor breaking goodness. Plus Neptune for water. I suppose, since I don't have a light golem, I should max skill a light knight and make them a rider. I do have a lvl 45 max-skilled Earth Knight I can evolve too.

Love the art on that Dark Rider though.

If we're lucky, they'll pick up a completely new skill like the Slimes did.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Why is it always Chaos Devil Dragon?!
    TannerMS wrote: »
    Were we expecting Ultimate evos this patch? It seems like Persephone, Bastet, and Co have been waiting awhile

Persephone and Co aren't out yet in Japan, Bastet and Mystic Knights didn't get picked up in Korea yet, so no not expecting.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Because I clearly accidentally sold my soul to Satan to get those skillups earlier today.

You guys are probably all damned by association now. Sorry!

5/13 CtW...grrrrrr

Smoogy-1689

• AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    Not sure if I should awaken my VoG Metatron or Devil Ceres. Both of them will give me autoheal at level one I think. I think I use Ceres more than Metatron but self-healing Metatron seems pretty good...Or If I should use it on Awoken Hera who I use a lot...

• BullhonkieBullhonkie Registered User regular
    Finally, I have no idea what to use my Tamadra on... Every monster I have is in one of three categories: It is farmable, It has crappy awoken skills, or it is crappy itself.
    http://www.padherder.com/user/38thdoe/sets/
    Any ideas?

I'd say Bastet or Valk as well. Although we haven't gotten the Bastet busty yet and poison orbs are still locked away, you'll have to get through the first awoken skill at some point. Valk because well, she's just so well rounded as a lead or sub.

I feel like I have a similar problem though, especially since I have so few REM gods. http://www.padherder.com/user/Bullhonkie/sets/

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    the other option is to give it to monsters that will be a pain in the ass to reaquire and level.

camo_sig.png
  • SaammielSaammiel Registered User regular
    Ataxrxes wrote: »
    Not sure if I should awaken my VoG Metatron or Devil Ceres. Both of them will give me autoheal at level one I think. I think I use Ceres more than Metatron but self-healing Metatron seems pretty good...Or If I should use it on Awoken Hera who I use a lot...

Devil Ceres gives it at level 2. Level 1 is bind remove on heart match

• AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    Saammiel wrote: »
    Ataxrxes wrote: »

Devil Ceres gives it at level 2. Level 1 is bind remove on heart match

Yeah, I just realized that. Metatron it is!

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    If anyone has some time please consider writing a short write up of the starter gods for the OP. You can also write up something for the ones that I don't have on there. You can put it here @ me or pm me whatever.
    gjaustin wrote: »
    Because I clearly accidentally sold my soul to Satan to get those skillups earlier today.

You guys are probably all damned by association now. Sorry!

I could see that happening. I'd do the same if I could get through Satan's dungeon.

Well the dungeon wasn't a total waste because CDD dropped!!!! As +1. Although
    Also I got my second mechdragon and now he's awoken!!!! WOOO!!!!
    Bullhonkie wrote: »
    Finally, I have no idea what to use my Tamadra on... Every monster I have is in one of three categories: It is farmable, It has crappy awoken skills, or it is crappy itself.
    Any ideas?

I'd say Bastet or Valk as well. Although we haven't gotten the Bastet busty yet and poison orbs are still locked away, you'll have to get through the first awoken skill at some point. Valk because well, she's just so well rounded as a lead or sub.

I feel like I have a similar problem though, especially since I have so few REM gods. http://www.padherder.com/user/Bullhonkie/sets/

Yeah you are probably right. I think I'd wake up your Chinese god first, they get pretty good awoken skills and you have one of the better ones.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited October 2013
    Haha, thanks for the shoutout in the OP, Doe! I hope they actually do this... ;)
    Bullhonkie wrote: »
    Any ideas?

How often do you run your Byakko? She benefits a lot from every awakening (orb enhances). That's who I'm focusing on first.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

I'm focusing on my GOdin since bind immunity would have saved me in the Hera-Is run I tried this morning.

And I've already been saved once by Awakening skills, since I survived a hit in the dungeon with 457 health. I had a fully awoken Siren on my team...

• NabobNabob Registered User regular
    Do we know if the Tamdra drop more often during evo fusion or enhance material events on the PAL machine?

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2367-6821
    Nabob wrote: »
    Do we know if the Tamdra drop more often during evo fusion or enhance material events on the PAL machine?

My theory is that they drop less. Since there's more stuff on the loot table, they're less likely to be rolled.

• EvenstarEvenstar PAX Prime Princess Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    @38thDoe still need a Grodin? I have mine up to level 98 now, so he's almost maxed

@Evenstar Thanks, I'm all set for another hour until I get my stamina back.
    I'm focusing on my GOdin since bind immunity would have saved me in the Hera-Is run I tried this morning.

And I've already been saved once by Awakening skills, since I survived a hit in the dungeon with 457 health. I had a fully awoken Siren on my team...

I can't wait until people have Odins with autoheal, will take so much pressure off. My fully awoken Echidna didn't help all that much. Helheim actually used his stupid dark wind ability which I've not seen in the past ten runs, and it didn't even block it!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

@Evenstar Thanks, I'm all set for another hour until I get my stamina back.

I can't wait until people have Odins with autoheal, will take so much pressure off. My fully awoken Echidna didn't help all that much. Helheim actually used his stupid dark wind ability which I've not seen in the past ten runs, and it didn't even block it!

Yeah, I know I advised you to level up your Echidnas to awaken her, but I ended up not doing it myself. I ended up with an extra from running Ancient Water and just left her around for my cost-limited team. I'm pretty sure I'm just going to max skill her before I even consider awakening my fully evolved one.

I think I'm going to start with:

Freyja - 1
    Odin - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
    Freyja - 2, 3

but I'm not sure where to go after that. I feel like most of the good awakening skills are 2nd or 3rd, so it makes picking one to start with hard. It'll probably end up being Venus or Astaroth.

edited October 2013
    So what you are saying is, you attempted to sabotage me? :P

The extra RCV is great on Hera-Is, and the extra attack will be great on every other team she's on.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

/shrug

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Maybe I can reprogram my brain to think Lil' Black dragon is a rare drop and I'm getting really lucky.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

They are good for + egg storage! Yeah!!!

Smoogy-1689

Maybe I can reprogram my brain to think Lil' Black dragon is a rare drop and I'm getting really lucky.

You got a Lil' Black Dragon?! Nice, get two more and you can evolve and awaken a Ripper. Those skills will block over 2500 damage the next time you fight Chaos Devil Dragon!

edited October 2013
    You'd think they could at least drop as Devil Dragons, I mean Chaos Blizzard Dragon drops fully evolved.

Also, they aren't good for plus egg storage, they go up to 15.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

If I had a team that could do Hera-Is in <30 minutes, I'd just throw all my leftover* stones at it.

*When doing Hera-Ur on Mythical I bought a large chunk of stones expecting to fail miserably based on previous experience with Zeus and Zeus-Dios. Of course, this time things went fairly well!

edited October 2013
    Just have no desire to finish the dungeon when I see stupid stripey egg man staring at me.
    If I had a team that could do Hera-Is in <30 minutes, I'd just throw all my leftover* stones at it.

*When doing Hera-Ur on Mythical I bought a large chunk of stones expecting to fail miserably based on previous experience with Zeus and Zeus-Dios. Of course, this time things went fairly well!

You didn't roll Kirin? I know people can clear it with Horus, not sure about mythical.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Got a Tamadara from that dungeon today.

Used it on my new Odin.

My unevolved new Odin.

Meaning he doesn't have any awoken skills.

Meaning I wasted my Tamadara.

edited October 2013
    You'd think they could at least drop as Devil Dragons, I mean Chaos Blizzard Dragon drops fully evolved.

Sure, they aren't starter dragons. I use lil' dragons because they're pretty adorable and I'm fine leaving them in my box for awhile, accumulating + eggs. Until they are viciously devoured by Valkyrie or Blue Odin.

Used it on my new Odin.

My unevolved new Odin.

Oops. Bet you won't do that again!

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

Just have no desire to finish the dungeon when I see stupid stripey egg man staring at me.

You didn't roll Kirin? I know people can clear it with Horus, not sure about mythical.

No Kirin and I never have any success with Horus.

I do have a Ra, but I'm pretty much useless with him.

Sure, they aren't starter dragons. I use lil' dragons because they're pretty adorable and I'm fine leaving them in my box for awhile, accumulating + eggs. Until they are viciously devoured by Valkyrie or Blue Odin.
    Pal Machine gives me a lot of trash that only goes up to level ten like slimes and carbuncles, so I use those.

No Kirin and I never have any success with Horus.

I do have a Ra, but I'm pretty much useless with him.

Hmm. I guess you could do Ra and use the orb simulator to plan your move, but that most likely wouldn't fulfill your <30 minutes requirement. I mean you could use Goemon. Red/Blue/Green should all be able to beat it no problem, but I am a bit sour on that after last time.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular

Used it on my new Odin.

My unevolved new Odin.

Oops. Bet you won't do that again!
    :'(

This discussion has been closed.