As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Puzzle & Dragons] part of the Hello Kitty Family.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    If you don't have gravities and lucifers there's not much else you can do. But she doesn't use the blade until 40% and resurrects at 50%, so you'll have a long time of grinding before you have to worry about it.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    Consider yourself luck you didn't get a Fire demon!

I think that's the basic strat, along with having ~2 hours to kill.

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    yea i thgink i would have cried a little if i got the fire demon consideriung how long it took to grind down the normal devils and the golem

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    mts wrote: Β»
    am currently running a noel/wd gabriel. am working on the last of the demons on lvl 4.

whats the basic valk strat, hope she doesn't spam valk blade and keep your health up?

Go all out when her shield is going to expire, because she will recast it without fail. Keep your health up in case she Valk Blades once her health starts getting down. She Valk Blades very often, and double hits instead of regular hits. It is an endurance match, felt much longer than Goemon with the same team for comparison.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    yea, this is going to take forever. but the nice thing is i have so much rcv that i only need like a single heart match to get back to nearly 100% health

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    I really want a Valk so I really want to try, but I just don't see how I can realistically do it this time around. My Awoken Hera is 40 or so and my D/D Hades is around 45 and I'm stuck with a Vampire Lord as a leader, he's only 46. I really, really need to get a D'Spinas, I'm just waiting for the Ancient Dark Dragon to get here so I can grab one.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    That was pretty bullshit...super metals, 4 highs and 1 regular king :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    These off-color Divine masks on the first wave of conditional dungeons are B.S. They always appear when I have to use the team tailored to the boss unless I want to spend 5 hours on the last level or get screwed by the mask wave. I am also now keenly aware of my severe lack of good blue creatures or blue in general. I'm forced to use a Dub-Sapphlit as a sub haha.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Ataxrxes wrote: Β»
    These off-color Divine masks on the first wave of conditional dungeons are B.S. They always appear when I have to use the team tailored to the boss unless I want to spend 5 hours on the last level or get screwed by the mask wave. I am also now keenly aware of my severe lack of good blue creatures or blue in general. I'm forced to use a Dub-Sapphlit as a sub haha.

What team are you using?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: Β»

What team are you using?
    Well I'm basically using everything I have. Blue Ripper/SiegfriedtBC/Siren/Siren/Dub-S/Whatever blue friend is available. I'm on the second floor of the blue conditional and I saw that there was a mask wave so I used a Neptune friend but I got hit with a Jade mask on the first wave.

• Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    And... still no Kirins on my friends list. Anybody got one they wouldn't mind putting up? ID is 313,158,241.

• Options
    So easy this kind of sucks. I am at like 1/3rd her health and doing very little damage per turn and it's taking forever. At this rate I may finish by Monday. Burn some stones somehow, not exactly sure I missed a heal or something. Don't really want to keep going but I might as well

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Kick_04Kick_04 Registered User regular
    @gjaustin thanks for the tip on mono-fire team for Master Wood Dragon. Just ran it (Forgot about supers and missed it -.- ). I was able to clear the whole dungeon before Goemon was charged.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    Valkyrie get! Had to spend 1 stone on wave 2 when I couldn't heal fast enough to survive the masks I was stalling with, but the rest went smoothly. Based on the damage I was seeing, I can probably take down Zeus next time he appears.

• Options
    Cantide wrote: Β»
    Valkyrie get! Had to spend 1 stone on wave 2 when I couldn't heal fast enough to survive the masks I was stalling with, but the rest went smoothly. Based on the damage I was seeing, I can probably take down Zeus next time he appears.
    What team did you use?

• Options
    Cantide wrote: Β»
    What team did you use?

Kirin/Kirin
    Cu Chu
    Hera Is
    Apollo
    Echidna

There were only 2 fire orbs in the initial setup, so I had to stall for a couple turns against the devils before I could wipe them out. After that I killed the mystic mask as quickly as possible and stalled for ~30 turns on the masks to get Hera up.

Golem went down easily, the demons were a little more trouble; I killed one right away after one turn of setup, then finished the other off several turns later. Valkyrie got punched with triple gravity, Echidna, and an immediate burst that took her down to about 15%. I spent the rest of my grace period setting up, then triggered Apollo and finished her off with one final burst. All in all, the dungeon took <10 minutes.

• Options
    EvenstarEvenstar PAX Prime Princess Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Also Valkyrie get! First time running the dungeon, had to spend 3 stones on legendary, probably all avoidable (1 on masks when I derped and forgot to heal, 2 on Valkyrie herself for heart starve and fat-finger). If I can get more levels on my guys I could probably 0-stone no problem with the additional HP cushion. Wish I had a team to attempt Mystical, but I don't :(

Edit: Forgot to mention, had 10 Drops to feed her from my few runs of Poring, got 2 skill ups.

Evenstar on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    38thDoe wrote: Β»

What team are you using?
    Well I'm basically using everything I have. Blue Ripper/SiegfriedtBC/Siren/Siren/Dub-S/Whatever blue friend is available. I'm on the second floor of the blue conditional and I saw that there was a mask wave so I used a Neptune friend but I got hit with a Jade mask on the first wave.

Ah, I try and always bring a 2x HP leader (or 10k HP) into the conditionals after I ran it three times and got 3 first floor masks in a row.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Nice skill-up rate. I went 2/18 on my second Valk I got yesterday. Maybe I can get some more love with my additional 7 after I evolve her, but we'll see. Didn't want to head back to Poring for more Drops but looks like I might have to next time it's around. At least I have one of every heartbreaker max-skilled now, though.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    SaammielSaammiel Registered User regular
    Dub-Amelits, you are my bane. I need about a million of you, and you do not want to drop. And I'm not really progressed far enough to try and get them off Technical or Normal dungeons.

• Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Saammiel wrote: Β»
    Dub-Amelits, you are my bane. I need about a million of you, and you do not want to drop. And I'm not really progressed far enough to try and get them off Technical or Normal dungeons.

Fear not, eventually you'll start drowning in them. It takes a while, but Mythlits, Dub-Mythlits, and Mystic Masks become the only problematic evo materials.

• Options
    TravelingMattTravelingMatt Registered User regular
    Two Valkyrie get(s)! Took three runs and two stones, but I was pleasantly surprised. Had to roll with a somewhat unorthadox team (lvl 25 Succubus) because I am only rank 88, but good stuff. Only had trouble when I lucked out with double leader 5 turn bind on Valk on each of the first two runs.

PSN: TravelingMat
    Time Zone: Eastern
  • Options
    i hate you all with your finishing your valk runs in less than a day

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Ugh. I keep forgetting that Thunderdragon Indra is not actually a dragon. Serves me right for trying to use dragon teams, I guess.

• Options
    You need to ulti Indra to get Dragon sub-status.

@gjaustin - the mythlits, oh god the mythlits!!! Why have they forsaken me so?

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    I had so many and I made Ogres because I didn't know what to do with them.

Then @38thDoe cursed me and I no longer have any

• Options
    26604.gif
    Bwahahahahahahahaha!

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited October 2013
    That's an incredible GIF - stolen.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    89-6601.png

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Man, I miss Super Mario RPG. I'm so angry at my 14 year-old self for selling that to a friend I have since lost touch with...

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Smoogy wrote: Β»
    You need to ulti Indra to get Dragon sub-status.
    See, I'm aware of that at all times except when I'm actually trying to put together a dragon team.

(Right now I need him un-ultied for cost reasons. Also, I'm out of RKs and refuse to farm them on non-event weeks.)

Billmaan on
  • Options
    SaammielSaammiel Registered User regular
    gjaustin wrote: Β»
    Saammiel wrote: Β»

Fear not, eventually you'll start drowning in them. It takes a while, but Mythlits, Dub-Mythlits, and Mystic Masks become the only problematic evo materials.

Can't wait for that day to come. I just wanted three to evolve a Fertility Deity Devil Ceres. But getting 3 today may be a bit too ambitious.

• Options
    So I had the stamina just sitting there taunting me last night so I decided to try for a Valk just to see what would happen. I went in with Vampire Lord/Awoken Hera/DDHades/RK/RK/Abotkins Super Lucifer TM. First wave one shot all the demons. Ok...on to the masks! I was pretty sure I was going to die here but I was able to off one of them and then an AOE brought the last 3 down to a couple hp each, however I was unable to kill them all. Luckily one of them decided to bind my team instead of killing me which gave me 6 turns to heal back to full and get some skills closer to being charged. Lucky. Golem wasn't too bad but I screwed up and after I did double gravity on him I think I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to keep up the heals so I Morning Starred him. Stupid I know because I was then helpless for the two Devils. I think if I had not used Morning Star I could have offed one of the Devils but I'm not sure I would have been able to heal up again. I also have no idea how I would have done against Valkyrie herself. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to pull it off with no stones next time she comes around.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Vamp Lord is just not sustainable as a lead for Valk and you would not be able to heal up on her, unless you have epic orb matching skills. You would also need a Siren instead of second RK for sure, to make hearts regardless. You need Loki/MLD as your lead for the 2x RCV to keep up the heals. And, yeah, MS'ing the Golem is insta-death on Demons.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Vamp Lord is just not sustainable as a lead for Valk and you would not be able to heal up on her, unless you have epic orb matching skills. You would also need a Siren instead of second RK for sure, to make hearts regardless. You need Loki/MLD as your lead for the 2x RCV to keep up the heals. And, yeah, MS'ing the Golem is insta-death on Demons.
    I knew it was a mistake as soon as I did it. I didn't really expect to get as far as I did honestly. I have a max skilled Siren and I'm just waiting for the Ancient Dark Dragon to come around so I can hopefully farm up D'Spinas.

• Options
    I knew it was a mistake as soon as I did it. I didn't really expect to get as far as I did honestly. I have a max skilled Siren and I'm just waiting for the Ancient Dark Dragon to come around so I can hopefully farm up D'Spinas.

Just prepare yourself to spend every stamina point for two weeks in that dungeon. This will possibly reward you with the drop. Its pretty rare.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    I was mostly commenting on your last sentence about 0-stoning her next time, thinking you would use the same team. If you get a Spinas and sub in the Siren, you definitely can 0-stone.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    I was mostly commenting on your last sentence about 0-stoning her next time, thinking you would use the same team. If you get a Spinas and sub in the Siren, you definitely can 0-stone.
    Yeah that's the plan. I am only using Vamp Lord as leader right now because I don't have anything better really, unless it's something situational where I could use Hades or whatever.

• Options
    so i played a little over lunch and managed to get valk down to 50% so she used her resurection.

she only does that once right?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    mts wrote: Β»
    so i played a little over lunch and managed to get valk down to 50% so she used her resurection.

she only does that once right?

If you are on Legendary, correct.

38thDoE on steam

This discussion has been closed.