As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla]: Enemy Unknown -- OPERATION: DEVIL'S MOON Complete!

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I'm voting for MikeyCTS who should take it as a compliment because I am insinuating he is a mastermind

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    T_A voted for kime day 1 and vert day 2. Not sure how much can be made of his day 2 vote at this point in time, given that vert was one of the other wagons that picked up early steam.

If vert is indeed village, that would mean someone pushing for the wagon on her is mafia. Assuming that jdark didn't derp himself into oblivion, this would seem to indicate that the grenade that killed him was already in the order queue before T_A's vote, if the mafia were involved. Unfortunately, for us voting for a contending wagon when one is in the lead, is rather common. So T_A's day 2 vote might be as worthless as his day one for sniffing out other mafia. I definitely think there is something to looking at those that actively discouraged people from running with the T_A wagon (by discourage, I don't mean voting for people that aren't T_A, but stating that they feel the wagon itself is bad). The only Name that comes to mind is Peccavi (was one of the last votes in).

I did see Obi mention the Jdark wagon from this day seeming odd, so there might be some value looking over it.

For now, I think I'll place my vote on Buddha. IW is likely to win at this point for good reason, so let's shake the trees a bit and potential head off any 2nd place BS that the mafia may have access too. I do find Peccavi's vote from yesterday peculiar, but I can't quite grok Buddha's rational for claiming that the Iron Weasel wagon is not the strongest wagon and for failing to explain what the better wagons are.

• Options
    Before I forget. I'm skeptical that the mafia would intentionally harm themselves. Sure they might be immune to enemy fire, but the rest of us can hurt them and any damage they take is damage the rest of us don't have to inflict upon them to purge the ranks. Sadly, I'm not aware of any method to verify that someone actually took damage. So the mafia would have plenty of incentive to claim taking damage for various reasons.

Given this is a battle phalla, take all claims of injury with a grain of salt; especially, if people start stating the exact HP they have left or have lost in public.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    The only scenario I could see is if they thought they would be inevitably voted out...

edit: or I should say expediently voted out

Egos on
  • Options
    TuranosTuranos Registered User regular
    I'm not 100% convinced, but I don't have a better idea for today, so sure, Iron Weasel.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Turanos wrote: »
    I'm not 100% convinced, but I don't have a better idea for today, so sure, Iron Weasel.

if IW dies green, this is a pretty mafia vote

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Apologies, Spoit. Apparently I can't count and there's no provision for being able to make a move work due to points left over if you do. Should be in a position to give you a little help this turn.

ebum, since it looks like IW is winning, but ebum is trying to talk us out of the likely - though admittedly not guaranteed - 1+ mafia per squad scenario.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Sorry guys, afk for most of the day, looks like the reasoning on IW is pretty stout.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I'm doing something foolhardy today. Hopefully we'll get a better view of the room this way.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Apologies, Spoit. Apparently I can't count and there's no provision for being able to make a move work due to points left over if you do. Should be in a position to give you a little help this turn.

ebum, since it looks like IW is winning, but ebum is trying to talk us out of the likely - though admittedly not guaranteed - 1+ mafia per squad scenario.

I'm just saying to keep it in mind. Since that kind of thinking has won me a game as mafia.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Also, IW for aslodey reasons.

• Options
    Dammit, asplode

• Options
    what's teh vote count?

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    OK, @Mikey CTS you're still in.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    what's teh vote count?
    I have all the votes.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Okay cool I'm glad someone else pointed out that I couldn't have thrown that grenade while I was at work.

I think that it's very possible that jdark was mindcontrolled into dropping that grenade

I want to point out that Mill said this:
    If vert is indeed village, that would mean someone pushing for the wagon on her is mafia.

as part of his reasoning which is a super faulty assumption to base your reasoning on.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

I'm just saying to keep it in mind. Since that kind of thinking has won me a game as mafia.

I am by no means convinced that you're a mafia, but it isn't as if the current vote reflects the 1-per-squad assumption anyway. I can't do much to affect the IW wagon's momentum, by my count, either.

• Options
    Vote closed.

My count has Iron Weasel in the lead. Can someone confirm? Sir Fab is out doing un-commanderly things tonight.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    I'm quite sure I won the vote tonight, GtC.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Just wanted to be sure. Things will be coming up even more piecemeal than usual tonight, guys, but I'm uploading the map right now, so we're moving along.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Day4_zps1f7686ad.jpg

Players and Locations
    Assuran--R20
    Auralynx--D24
    Buddha--E28
    Chiasaur--F34
    Egos-- M2
    Flarne--T18
    GrimmyTOA--E20
    Megafrost--P2
    Mikey CTS--P29
    Mill--X5
    ObiFett--U28
    Peccavi--P19
    SeGaTai--S17
    shalmelo--R23
    SLyM--M29
    Spoit--C18
    Trust--R5
    Turanos--R3
    undergroundmonorail--E22
    Vertroue--U10

Sectoid Jerry -- K4
    Sectoid Todd -- P15
    Sectoid Harold -- Q13
    Sectoid Felix -- F15

Egos is panicked, and will be unable to take actions today!
    ---THE DEAD---

Iron Weasel -- Rk. Sirfab Iscool, Alien Sympathizer (VOTE)
    enlightenedbum -- Rk. Orski Broomski, Loyal Soldier (THAT'S XCOM, BABY)

Still working on:

-PMs are OUT
    -Locations List is UPDATED
    -Audio Log
    -Comms chatter

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Well, can't complain too much about that result.

• Options
    Locations list updated. Actions Form is open for Day 4 submissions: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1cGtO7_EI8Zkld13Ec6U4cQH3iG8RHua5WwwwE3XB4Ko/viewform

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Hey, another dead sympathizer and only one dead loyal soldier is pretty good for the village.

So anyone care to put together a vote record or am I going to have to find time to do that.

• Options
    Well, can't complain too much about that result.

OOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOO

I disagree

oooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo

• Options
    HQ: Tactical?

TAC: Yes, sir, we--

HQ: What in the name of Almighty Christ--

TAC: Sir, it looks like we're picking up the output from the PA in the restaurant.

HQ: Oh, for fuck's sake.

OPERATION DEVIL'S MOON -- AUDIO LOG #3

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1aaY0gBVCoJ

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    COMMS CHATTER:
    Voice 1:

Heeeeeeeeey *CRACKLE*,

Memememememememememe f*STATIC*an arserae ulelusprebncuhdpa and un*CRACKLEad out and aaaaavtis ha*CRACKLE*n, apla on moving i*CRACKLE*g today?

Voice 2:

YeWASng on *CRACKLE* and shooting some a*CRACKLE*.

Voice 1:

Coo*STATIC*py h*STATIC*ing
    Voice 1:

Hy,*CRACKLE*aRANGENOWst we're in *CRACKLE*king range noeeeeeeeeewwww!
    Unf*CRACKLE*so grooooooooooooooooooped ulike crazy.
    Sooo yeah. Any pl*CRACKLE*

Voice 2:

Ing on mvnntttck, *CRACKLE* swhHASTOt *CRACKLE* has to s*CRACKLE*

Voice 1:

S*CRACKLE* wasking a*CRACKLE*ide.

I'm doing something silly, but *CRACKLE*eeeeeeeeeeeeeee what we*STATIC*ing wiCARRIDE.
    Voice 1:

SorrEEEEESORRY, I *CRACKLE*ed up my *STATIC*nal whanefirgotwu can*CRACKLE*at way. Iclly want to go *CRACKLE* as I'm a beeeeeeeioutter *STATIC*n anytse,*CRACKLE*ing aOFALYOUTful.

Voice 2:

*CRACKLE*wsweeeeeendrngwhtheeeeeppnd but seems ab*STATIC*t. P*CRACKLE* plans to goCOVERFIREswll

Voice 1:

YI wnSCOUTOUTtdtndiiiit *CRACKLE* the last one as diags I guess the whole scdmvws*CRACKLE*.

I'mjust*CRACKLE*uck, what if I went to *CRACKLE* the area.

I'd probably*CRACKLE*ld gvsmrflt, at least. It would also give me 1 *CRACKLE*

Voice 1:

Aion sfrst just sit here and *CRACKLE* you behind tYOUBEHINDvp and through for defen*CRACKLE*

Voice 1:

*STATIC*ing nthnk. Gonna revUSYOUSYOr us yo.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Sweet, I'm not (just) paranoid!

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    So wait those static things are both village (which is to say normal 3 square communications) and possibly also mafia across the map communications?

what would happen if no villagers PMed today?

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    It all keeps adding up, I think I'm cracking up
    :whistle:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    shalmelo wrote: »
    It all keeps adding up, I think I'm cracking up
    :whistle:

To be fair, I am stoned.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    i think there is some irony in me being the first to panic

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    I'm still in? Sweet!

Also, IW dying red... VINDICATION!

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    vindication or "you aren't an evil mastermind" ? or both?

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Ok so if I am the only "female" in the audio log then that is what I have been doing. Sitting back and over watching northeasts ass. I am slowly working up and over seeing all that sweet ass.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    vindication or "you aren't an evil mastermind" ? or both?

Yes.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    Some fucker with BULLETS shot me! Either we have a traitor up in the northeastern quarter or Egos is panic-firing like crazy.

Do we know whether panicking soldiers fire at friendlies?

• Options
    On a related note, if there's anyone nearby with a medkit I'd be grateful for a little patch-up.

• Options
    how would I have even shot you?

• Options
    Hmm, is that thing between us full cover? In that case yeah you wouldn't have had LoS and it must have been someone deliberate.