As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla]: Enemy Unknown -- OPERATION: DEVIL'S MOON Complete!

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Damn you Todd!

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I moved to R16

if I die, its because I took some assault rifle bullets and there are limited people that have a clear shot to me.

Just watch for that.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    I put in overwatch for my entire turn the moment I knew orders were open. Could this have been a bad idea, probably. If I live, I should be able to better position myself in a location that won't be tempting for grenade hits.

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    ---Day 6---

Day6_zps6750696d.jpg

Players and Locations
    Assuran--R20
    Auralynx--E13
    Chiasaur--G26
    GrimmyTOA--G16
    Megafrost--H2
    Mill--V2
    ObiFett--R16
    shalmelo--P26
    Spoit--C14
    Trust--Q3
    undergroundmonorail--E22
    Vertroue--W4

Sectoid Jimmy -- H15
    Sectoid Ricky -- Q16
    Sectoid Todd -- P17
    Sectoid Kenneth -- G11
    Sectoid Harold -- Q17
    Sectoid Jerry -- G10

---THE DEAD---
    peccavi -- Rk. Patty O'Furniture, Loyal Soldier (VOTE)
    SeGaTai -- Rk. Deuce Biggalow, Loyal Soldier (THAT'S XCOM, BABY)
    Turanos -- Rk. Roy Phillips, Loyal Soldier (INACTIVUS)

No Comms Chatter tonight.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Also in the works: Me removing Turanos from the map, because I'm a fucking retarded monkey.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    That's some bullshit

I got my orders in immediately after the form went up last night

No way does that sectoid clear the area in time

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Huh.

I'm not dead, put in orders only to fire, and yet, I've apparently moved somewhere.

Awesome.

• Options
    Also, now there is at least 6 aliens.

We need to think of a plan.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    So either we're awful at the X-Com end of this or the order of operations substantially favors the aliens.

• Options
    Looks like the aliens that used to be in the north moved down south.

Northern team should breach and enter.

Is LOS able to be drawn around corners? For instance, if someone was at F34 could they see E24?

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Looks like the aliens that used to be in the north moved down south.

Northern team should breach and enter.

Is LOS able to be drawn around corners? For instance, if someone was at F34 could they see E24?

Yeah, thanks to the "peeking" effect you get when taking cover. Your LoS is drawn around the corner of your own cover, to allow you to look down hallways, etc. So yes, F34 could see E24.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    So now do we have full sight on the NW outside?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Well, operation "stop some lasers," was a success. You're welcome, Spoit and Grimmy.

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    So now do we have full sight on the NW outside?

Yup.

Orders submission form is about to go live.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    That's some bullshit

I got my orders in immediately after the form went up last night

No way does that sectoid clear the area in time

Did you tell the people in your squad (or anyone else) that you had a grenade?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    No one knew I had it. I have only sent/received PMs from one person, IW, and that was him offering the heals.

I mean, I got my orders in soooo fast. So either the aliens always go first or they have more than 3 health.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Assuran wrote: »
    Huh.

I'm not dead, put in orders only to fire, and yet, I've apparently moved somewhere.

Awesome.

Never mind, player error. I'm bad at this game.

Carry on. I thought I was at p19 for like 3 days now.

I'm terrible at this game.

Assuran on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ---OPERATION: DEVIL'S MOON -- AUDIO LOG #5---
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s022EuLdZLS1

Host Note: This audio log does not reflect Turanos's death.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Alright I haven't fired a shot, as far as I know still sane. Turanos I think last night complained of getting shot. So barring me I believe only trust and mill are still in range and los of Turanos.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Okay, if Obi's mafia all the actions are way over the top, but right now, kind of our best lead.

Grenade thing has two possibilities. Either mafia, so we kill him, or the aliens get to act first no matter what we do, which means we are way deeper in the shit than we thought, and depending on fatality count, might be the time to head for extraction.

If I'm wrong...

hell. Ice me, then. Haven't been the star player. I mean, I'm innocent, but if Obi is too, the evidence looks grim. I shoot him, claim to be a medic so I can play the hero by offering healing, then bandwagon him? It'd be a pretty decent little mafia stunt.

Again, sorry if I'm wrong. But it seems to be our best shot.

Obi

• Options
    TrustTrust Registered User regular
    No comms chatter kinda clears Chiasaur. He didn't Pm anyone yesterday and was the only target of the scanner. Obv not 100% but it is what it is.

We Stand Ready
  • Options
    That's a pretty mafia sounding attempt to get the wagon started on me again.

Complete with multiple "If I am wrong (which I totally know I am because I'm mafia and know Obi is village) then kill me next" statements.

Chiasaur

• Options
    Wait what?

What's this about a scanner?

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    If I understand right, the scanner is what gives us the garbled comm logs. It picks up on PM activity in the target area.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular
    how do we know what the scanner is/where it is scanning?

Pokémon X | 3DS Friend Code: 0490-4897-7688
    Friend Safari: Fighting - Machoke, Pancham, Riolu | In game name: Jessica
    Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!
  • Options
    So this is something we have control over?

Awesome

Chiasaur

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    ... Well that would have been useful to know about earlier. Or, alternately, to have never known about at all.

Can it be used on areas without players? We might be able to pick up mafia -> sectoid orders (not that it might do us that much good.

I'm likely going to die tonight (Hi Kenneth and Jerry!). I expect that nobody will expose themselves to fire in order to save me.

Obi -- sorry man. You've either been wrong about every single thing this game or you've been "wrong" about every single thing this game. I don't know which. This vote is a vote of confidence in your abilities and your gumption.

• Options
    @GrimmyTOA , we used this information 2 days ago to get rid of a mafia member due to the logs provided... I'm fairly sure this has been public knowledge for days now.

My bad if it's not been clear, but I thought it was pretty explicit when the co-ordinates that were scanned that night were provided in thread.

We Stand Ready
  • Options
    TuranosTuranos Registered User regular
    Bleh. I did try to vote but the forums were down and being in GMT means I either have to vote really early, before I've heard any good arguments, or sometimes end up not voting like this. :(

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    @Turanos. For future reference, it's okay to throw up place holder votes. People generally don't hold those against people if there are compelling reasons to have a placeholder, which I'd argue a schedule falls under.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Trust wrote: »
    @GrimmyTOA , we used this information 2 days ago to get rid of a mafia member due to the logs provided... I'm fairly sure this has been public knowledge for days now.

My bad if it's not been clear, but I thought it was pretty explicit when the co-ordinates that were scanned that night were provided in thread.

I missed that whole thread of conversation, it seems. Ah well. Good to know we have it at any rate.

Edit: Also, sorry if my first part came off a bit petulant. :(

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    Mill wrote: »
    Turanos. For future reference, it's okay to throw up place holder votes. People generally don't hold those against people if there are compelling reasons to have a placeholder, which I'd argue a schedule falls under.

Yeah, I have tended to leave them when close times have been early enough to force me to get up early; better to participate in whatever capacity you can than not.

So do we have any convincing candidates besides Obi at this point?

• Options
    undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular
    Obi unless a more convincing target comes up.

Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    oooooooooo

sorry all been outta town over the weekend and didn't contribute much

smash them bugs

ooooooooo

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    undergroundmonorail because honestly I forgot you were in this game. Also I don't think Obi was lying about his grenade, as we can clearly hear one on the audio log immediately after all the insectoid sounds at the beginning.

Do insectoids always go first in order of operations?

• Options
    Megafrost wrote: »
    undergroundmonorail because honestly I forgot you were in this game. Also I don't think Obi was lying about his grenade, as we can clearly hear one on the audio log immediately after all the insectoid sounds at the beginning.

Do insectoids always go first in order of operations?

CD.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    ... Well that would have been useful to know about earlier. Or, alternately, to have never known about at all.

Can it be used on areas without players? We might be able to pick up mafia -> sectoid orders (not that it might do us that much good.

I'm likely going to die tonight (Hi Kenneth and Jerry!). I expect that nobody will expose themselves to fire in order to save me.

Obi -- sorry man. You've either been wrong about every single thing this game or you've been "wrong" about every single thing this game. I don't know which. This vote is a vote of confidence in your abilities and your gumption.

I'm kinda sick of this "You've been wrong about everything" narrative. Just because I offer alternative wagons to those that are overwhelmingly popular, doesn't mean I'm wrong.

It means I've been trying to expand the vote record and give mafia chances to trip up in their behavior. I just really hate bandwagons that everyone jumps on because it gives us no informationn for that day.

• Options
    That is fair, and to be honest I'm less suspicious than I was of you a few days ago, but I don't see a better vote target currently so I'll stick with it for now.

• Options
    That is fair, and to be honest I'm less suspicious than I was of you a few days ago, but I don't see a better vote target currently so I'll stick with it for now.

This is more or less where I am, too. The people who I was most suspicious of (Turanos and peccavi) both died blue last night. Obi is sort of an unresolved question mark in my head.

I am happy to listen to alternatives.

• Options
    Just a thought, but Turanos did say he was shot. I believe, as previously stated, that "it was either Mill, Vert, Megafrost, Flarne or SeGaTai."

SeGaTai is no longer with us. My money is on Mill.

Full disclosure, I was also in a position where I could have shot him.

We Stand Ready