As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

BEYOND all logic, BEYOND all writing quality, BEYOND: TWO SOULS

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    I rented Heavy Rain in the days where you could actually go into a Blockbuster. Good times. I really enjoyed it! I kind of wish we got a sequel, or at least some DLC. I wanted to spend some more time wearing those sick glasses.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Cello wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »
    However it's worth it to note that it has the same bad accents we've come to expect from Quantic Dream games

And weird little quirks

The French guy that's trying and failing terribly to sound like a police officer with a southern accent pronounces "CIA" (as in the Central Intelligence Agency) as "sigh-a"

I thought maybe I misheard it the first time but I just confirmed it on a second run on the demo

I'm reading Greg Sestero's book about making The Room and for some reason I just imagined David Cage and Tommy Wiseau being the same person

Holy shit I forgot this was coming out. How is the book?

it is legitimately one of the most amazing things I have ever read

during production, like halfway through shooting, Tommy suggests he drives his character's car off the roof and then it would fly away into the sky with him driving it

when asked by the crew why he wants that to be in the movie, he replies

"It could be subplot. Maybe Johnny is vampire."

YaYa on
    Grey GhostCelloDragkoniasCaptainNemoWeedLordVegetaOdinA Dabble Of TheloniusSCREECH OF THE FARGShadowenAshcroftjoshofalltradespooka
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »

This is my new favorite glitch

Everything about it is perfect

His mouth still moves, it's bound to the character and not just a general noise (It gets faint when they move away from his body)

Amazing

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    CelloWiseManTobes
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    However it's worth it to note that it has the same bad accents we've come to expect from Quantic Dream games

And weird little quirks

The French guy that's trying and failing terribly to sound like a police officer with a southern accent pronounces "CIA" (as in the Central Intelligence Agency) as "sigh-a"

I thought maybe I misheard it the first time but I just confirmed it on a second run on the demo

I'm reading Greg Sestero's book about making The Room and for some reason I just imagined David Cage and Tommy Wiseau being the same person

Holy shit I forgot this was coming out. How is the book?

it is legitimately one of the most amazing things I have ever read

during production, like halfway through shooting, Tommy suggests he drives his character's car off the roof and then it would fly away into the sky with him driving it

when asked by the crew why he wants that to be in the movie, he replies

"It could be subplot. Maybe Johnny is vampire."

And now I know what my Chapters birthday gift card is going towards!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I want to play this demo but I just took a bunch of NyQuil

It might actually be the best way to play it

6F32U1X.png
  • C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    V0BhHtW.jpg

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    ...what?

Is that real?

Dragkonias on
    edited October 2013
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    ...what?

Is that real?

David Cage being a creepy perv?

Yes, that's always been the case.

You mean the picture?

Edit: Ahhhh, no. Fake.

C2B on
    edited October 2013
    No, apparently its fake.

Wouldn't have surprised me though.

C2B on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Yeah, all object interaction is done with the right stick

I don't mind fake shit, but at least do it well

okay, traded in GTAV for this, picking it up tomorrow

I...

I'm not excited, exactly, but I really want to fucking know

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

I...

hahahahahahahahahaaha

oh, you poor bastard

BroloShadowen
    Really enjoying this so far

I wasn't crazy about the iPhone control scheme though

It is a good thing I do not have powers

I would be one vengeful motherfucker

Shorty wrote: »

I...

hahahahahahahahahaaha

oh, you poor bastard

yeah, yeah

look, I wasn't enjoying the single player enough to keep playing it and I wasn't gonna do the online

shrug

Shorty
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I don't really have plans on getting Beyond anytime soon, but I would definitely play it over GTAV

uc3ufTB.png
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm buying this today. Not sure when I'll play it because I'm still pretty deep in GTAV, but since I moved my Xbox upstairs and only have my PS3 downstairs this may be my downstairs gaming for awhile so I might get into it very, very soon.

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    will this game have matrix Kung fu fights or weird sex

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    will this game have matrix Kung fu fights or weird sex

In spades

6F32U1X.png
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    I watched someone play this a bunch and enjoyed it immensely. I feel like I'd rather watch it than play it in most cases, though. I did not feel that way about Heavy Rain. I think the ambiance and mystery elements of Heavy Rain was what made me want to be in control of it whereas with Beyond I just wanna see where it goes. I'm so happy both games exist though and I hope there's more to come of this sort

4SMZq.jpg
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    It got a pretty horrible write up on the PAR today.

edited October 2013
    Also that IGN review is well worth watching just to hear a New Zealander try valiantly to say "passive participant"

edit: AHAHAHAHA holy shit "peppered with pulp"

Tube on
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    X FOR CHICKEN CURRY
    0 FOR PIZZA
    Y FOR ASIAN BEEF

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Also that IGN review is well worth watching just to hear a New Zealander try valiantly to say "passive participant"

Holy shit you weren't even close to kidding

looks pretty much like a high production values version of Fahrenheit. And while Fahrenheit was memorable, it was also pretty bad.

Gatsby wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »

Holy shit you weren't even close to kidding

You can tell from her tone of voice that they'd made her retake that like 7 times.

farenheit was memorable because of the things that made it pretty bad

see: man vs living room, shitty matrix fights, zombie sex, roughly 28 villain groups that are not fleshed out or explained, carla casually following in love with a murderer in a day

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    Etchwarts
    edited October 2013
    farenheit was memorable because of the things that made it pretty bad

see: man vs living room, shitty matrix fights, zombie sex, roughly 28 villain groups that are not fleshed out or explained, carla casually following in love with a murderer in a day

You forgot THE OFFICE IS FULL OF BUGS, which was my personal favorite.

or the seduce your ex sequence, which apparently would have gone better if I was a better guitar player. Just like in real life.

Actually there are so many bonkers sequences in that game it's actually hard to pick what was the craziest.

Does anyone know what the point of the QTEs is in the new one if you can't fail? Is it something like if you fail the 'cut sushi' or 'punch somali' QTE ellen page cuts her thumb or gets punched in the face, then the sequence continues as normal?

DodgeBlan on

SCREECH OF THE FARG
    actually if you fail the cut sushi sequence you lose your hand and the rest of the game goes completely differently, weird right?

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    DodgeBlan
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I really liked Heavy Rain

So I shouldnt be surprised this one is getting reviews that were all over the place

I should redbox this because

I don't think I'm going to play it twice

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    but artreus

23 different endings

Q1e6oi8.gif
    wh
    what

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
    Actually I think in those situations I just think of my ending as the Way Things Happened and never look back

Speed Racer
    so this is getting a lot of 6/10 and three stars

bring it on

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I am going to be playing this while my best friend watches.

Or he might control Aiden with his touchscreen iPod, assuming the app is compatible with it.

Either way, this is gonna be great.

IKknkhU.gif
  • gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    at least the cast is excited about the game

Ip8dD0w.png

Speed Racerjoshofalltrades
    middle is me playing david cage games

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    Muggins
    I wonder if Willem Defoe has ever killed a man with his cheekbones

BahamutZERO