As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Did somebody say yoga? GTA V. Join Fancy Fellows and play online.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    1v1 freeroam deathmatches are really lame.

Just kill a dude, turn toward his spawn point and goto 10.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Sadly the 'Barracks' Army truck doesn't seem to fit in a garage, I know this because me and Veldrin went on a road-trip from Paleto Bay (there's one just hanging out at their Ammu-Nation) to Los Santos and it wouldn't go in his garage.

I wonder what happens if you buy that stuff online.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    If only I had a mic.

There was a lot of ranting on my end when we figured that out, hence the grenade.

• Options
    TheClarksterTheClarkster Registered User regular
    Sadly the 'Barracks' Army truck doesn't seem to fit in a garage, I know this because me and Veldrin went on a road-trip from Paleto Bay (there's one just hanging out at their Ammu-Nation) to Los Santos and it wouldn't go in his garage.

I wonder what happens if you buy that stuff online.

Usually if you buy it online and it doesn't fit in the garage, you call Pegasus and have them deliver it for $1000 each time to one of their drop off spots. That is how my HVY Dump works and it is the best.

Waka
    Waka

Flocka
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Hmm hmm, good to know.
    Veldrin wrote: »
    If only I had a mic.

There was a lot of ranting on my end when we figured that out, hence the grenade.

Yeah, part of me was wondering how you were holding up on that six-mile drive through the countryside.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    You know what's a real pet peeve of mine? You're racing, not spectacularly, but you might end up second or third if you're lucky. Then some guy who can't quite overtake you either spins you out or knocks you off the track and takes themselves out too, meaning by the time you recover you might get second last, with mister saboteur behind you. Can't they save that stuff for the GTA Races? :(

It happens so reliably in the first stretch of "The Commute" I often hope I'm last so I have a chance of zipping through the carnage and cementing a decent spot.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    You know what's a real pet peeve of mine? You're racing, not spectacularly, but you might end up second or third if you're lucky. Then some guy who can't quite overtake you either spins you out or knocks you off the track and takes themselves out too, meaning by the time you recover you might get second last, with mister saboteur behind you. Can't they save that stuff for the GTA Races? :(

It happens so reliably in the first stretch of "The Commute" I often hope I'm last so I have a chance of zipping through the carnage and cementing a decent spot.

when they knock you away from a checkpoint is mine

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Mysst wrote: »

when they knock you away from a checkpoint is mine

This happened in my last race. The time it took to backtrack undid all my hard work. :(

• Options
    Lord HomsarLord Homsar Lord of Hammers Registered User regular
    I am somewhat bad at races, but it does not help that I keep racing against people that always seem to lag teleport, overlapping my car, throwing me off the road.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular

There are definitely people who intentionally enter the Commute race to cause mayhem in the opening tunnel.

I did a session of about 10 races in a stretch with randoms and in at least half the races there were 2/3 dudes who always crashed at the start. There was one race in particular where one of them drifted so far across from left to right and took out half the racers. So damn annoying.

• Options
    Bad-Beat wrote: »

There are definitely people who intentionally enter the Commute race to cause mayhem in the opening tunnel.

I did a session of about 10 races in a stretch with randoms and in at least half the races there were 2/3 dudes who always crashed at the start. There was one race in particular where one of them drifted so far across from left to right and took out half the racers. So damn annoying.

And yet I can't see a reliable mechanical way of preventing it. I know I've accidentally careened into someone else after clipping a civilian car at speed, so any automated system could easily have flagged that.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Like my new truck?

ZC5V4mG.jpg

• Options
    I was trying to get paperluigi to land his mallard in the back as I cruised down the highway, but then GTA realized it was running well and shunted everyone off into their own sessions

• Options
    Weaver wrote: »
    I was trying to get paperluigi to land his mallard in the back as I cruised down the highway, but then GTA realized it was running well and shunted everyone off into their own sessions

Multiple times when I went to turn around for another run I would head straight through the wind farm and narrowly avoided being shredded.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    The Commute is super frustrating because it's completely luck based whether you clear the opening clusterfuck or not. After that if you're 1st or 2nd you're pretty much in the clear, straightaways for miles

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    The Commute is like the easiest race to win.

Just stick to the sides at the start and you'll avoid most of the tools.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Anyone get their stimulus money yet? I haven't logged on in a few days so I was just wondering.

• Options
    nope

• Options
    I'm sitting on $147 large though after starting the night out almost broke.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Maaaan what's your secret?

• Options
    Run missions constantly. Either with SEFF/WANG crew, or buckle down, turn on all chat and get pubs to do races and jobs

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    So I like to get in a chopper and then check on the map to see who is way off by themselves and go see what they're up to. I see a dude way up in the big quarry on the east side of the island so I show up and he...dosnt murder me. He steals one of those massive earthmover trucks and cuts really slow donuts around me until another one shows up. We then proceed to drive said massive trucks side by side on the freeway, wrecking all in our path, until we're in downtown which takes at least fifteen minutes. Bazillions of cop cars and other random pubs swarm our magnificence.

It was amazing.

• Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    Here's a pic @Weaver had me take of him last night. Hope it looks good!
    http://rsg.ms/1arYtIt

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    KroenenKroenen Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    godmode wrote: »
    Anyone get their stimulus money yet? I haven't logged on in a few days so I was just wondering.

It's delayed until they work all the progress losing bugs out.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/25/gta-online-stimulus-package-delayed-persistent-bugs-to-blame/

Next week after another title update, probably.

Kroenen on
  • Options
    Lord HomsarLord Homsar Lord of Hammers Registered User regular
    I need information regarding Apartments/Garages in online, are they shared between all my characters, or does each one need to purchase them separately?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Do motorcycles stop spawning after a certain level? Accidentally lost mine, and I haven't seen any since (aside from the one that I drove 3 miles back to my garage before realizing it was someone's personal vehicle and that was kinda a jerk move).

• Options
    Peccavi wrote: »
    Do motorcycles stop spawning after a certain level? Accidentally lost mine, and I haven't seen any since (aside from the one that I drove 3 miles back to my garage before realizing it was someone's personal vehicle and that was kinda a jerk move).

I think motorbikes are just really rare, what level are you? The in-game webpage that sells them is the easiest way. Also by lost do you mean it wasn't insured?

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    on a personal level, the trans sex workers in this game and the joke of the characters "seeing through" their "deceptive" nature and their writing is outright harmful, as they list off shit like laser hair removal and characters list of shit like "you should take more of them hormones ahahaha"

At this point, I'm considering going on an active hunt for those pedestrians because I have yet to actually see them in the wild.

I'm not doubting their existence or anything, I just need to see this shit for myself so my brain can confirm it.
    1xpq3kP.jpg
    Seeing stuff like this makes me feel bad for giving money to whoever it was at Rockstar who thought this shit was okay.
    Like actually angry. :?

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    its funny!! ha ha! south park, equal opportunity offenders!! hardy har fuckin har

id like to equally offend the left and right hemispheres belonging to the writing and art assets people responsible for this horseshit

with say like, a baseball bat or cordless drill

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular

I think motorbikes are just really rare, what level are you? The in-game webpage that sells them is the easiest way. Also by lost do you mean it wasn't insured?

I think there may be some veracity to the idea that they get rarer the higher level you are. I've picked up 3 in about an hour on my (low level) character, but all I hear is that they're hard to find.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    My girl needs a chopper real bad but man I can never find that Lost MC trailerpark hellhole

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular

I'm only level 11, but I seriously haven't seen a single civilian motorcycle in the last 5-6 hours of play, whereas it was easy to find them when I was just starting out.

I lost it it because I had found a Baller and, having 30 minutes or so left before I could sell another car, stored it in my full garage. I chose to "replace" my motorcycle thinking it would kick it outside and I could still drive it for that 30 minutes, but nope, replacing just deletes the thing.

• Options
    You find motorcycles easier parked off the road or in non-instanced stuff, like NPC groups spawning people to chase you. Not so much as just regular traffic.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    0_0.jpg

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    where is a good place to get a chopper as franklin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Balefuego wrote: »
    where is a good place to get a chopper as franklin

You can hijack choppers at some of the parachuting event locations.

• Options
    I scored a mic finally! I'm no longer a silent skull.

• Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    I scored a mic finally! I'm no longer a silent skull.

So I've got another idea for a roadtrip...

• Options
    I plan on hoping on later after this soccer match is over.

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    You know that Elegy GTR looking thing you get for free from the website ingame? The first one I got had a giant butt ugly wing on it, and I just could not get rid of it. So I tried getting another one, and lo and behold you can! And this one had no wing! Now, the problem is I can't seem to get rid of the first one. It won't give me the option to sell it at Los Santos Customs, is there someplace else I can go to get rid of it, or is it stuck sucking up a spot in my garage?