As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Exploring the ruins of New Detroit with VBomb and The Canadians! [Giant Bomb]

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    The NBA 2K menus might be the most indecipherable thing in modern video games.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    I didn't realize it until recently, but Pikachu was a rare find in a set of tall grass in Red/Blue in the beginning of the game

If you were a kid in the 90's who was watching the show hence your purchase of the game, you wanted that dang pokemon right away

i remember sitting on my bedroom floor for hours, trying to get a pikachu to appear

it took forever

one finally showed up, i was elated

it ran away

i started crying

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    in other news what the fuck brad you come across the luckiest thing in the entire spelunky world, a dead shopkeeper on some spikes

you look at it for a second

and then exit the level without picking up his shotgun

i oughta punch you across the jaw

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    brad at videogames

• Options
    any amount of time spent getting an early pikachu in r/b was worth it because there weren't any other electric types until well into the game

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    yeah besides the fact that everyone loved him pikachu was entirely worth it, mechanics wise.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i watched speed racer again this morning

while trixie and speed are talking about whether racer x might be rex racer, trixie is putting empty 2 liters of diet coke into a bucket of ice as if to chill them

i love this movie

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    I wanted a pikachu because i knew it evolved into raichu, who is, the best.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I love that they edit all the NBA2K14 settings to just make it NBA Jam

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Watching Vinny's Dark Souls video really made me want to get back into the game. Also I could watch people play that game all day long. So entertaining.

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    I was so glad near the end of Vinny's Dark Souls when
    He finally switched to nearly-full Havel gear with Mask of the Child head. That, plus the Black Knight Halberd+5 and Havel's Ring is my exact preferred setup (with that ring that gives you HP with every kill). I know turtling is pretty newbie, but it sure makes me feel safe.

• Options
    i never really got into havel's stuff.

It does look cool though. but the black iron armour ends up better with the exception of lightning and i think curse resistance.

One day i am going to play that game as black iron tarkus.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I read that app-monetization article from Worth Reading today. I almost vomited. Buy source code, reskin it a bunch of times, use misleading keywords to get attention, display every ad possible all the time...ugh. The author then goes on to say in the comments:
    Sigh. Haters gonna hate. Funny thing is the apps I make are probably better than half the shit most indie developers spend months of their lives on…then go broke.

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Now I wanna load up Dark Souls and see what I've actually been using lately. I don't think it's Havel's anymore

edit: aaaaaaaaaand now it just crashes when I start it

edit2: Ah! Old DSFix on new Dark Souls update. Simple fix!

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    I'm still rocking my elite knight armor and gargoyle helm

it's just the right blend of tanking and mobility for me

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Caves are the most soul-draining thing

OH BOY I CAN'T AVOID THE POKEMON AND THEY ARE ALL FUCKING ZUBATS

Apparently X and Y changes this so that caves are more like regular routes, with dark areas holding pokemon and lighter areas going without them.

!!!!

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Oh also, I had a dream last night that was Prop Hunt but in Far Cry 3 with giant piles of rocks, and Speed Racer's new direction for his channel was a countdown to Top Gear stuff. Like, I think it was just a countdown until the next episode.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    Oh right, I remember my setup now:
    PVK0Bbt.png

I decided I wanted to look cool more than I wanted to be the best. I wear Havel's Ring and take off body/pants to quick roll

• Options
    Kilroy wrote: »
    I'm still rocking my elite knight armor and gargoyle helm

it's just the right blend of tanking and mobility for me

yeah, it's a good weight and has good defences. There's a reason it is more or less the iconic armour for the game. Shit is hard to beat.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Oh right, I remember my setup now:
    PVK0Bbt.png

I decided I wanted to look cool more than I wanted to be the best. I wear Havel's Ring and take off body/pants to quick roll

Of course Ronnie uses the Catarina armor.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    It is alien to me that you have no magic Ronnie.

how do you, like, kill bosses?

• Options
    Melding wrote: »

I hit them until they fall over!

I don't even have any attunement slots

I wish magic uses would regen or something without having to bonfire. Maybe something does that, but I've only heard about the thing for magic guys that doubles their uses.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I've been mostly using the silver knight set. I put 'em on for the Gilbert and Sullivan fight and kinda just haven't had much of a reason to change outside of specific cases.

• Options
    Melding wrote: »

I hit them until they fall over!

I don't even have any attunement slots

I wish magic uses would regen or something without having to bonfire. Maybe something does that, but I've only heard about the thing for magic guys that doubles their uses.

Well, magic is usually powerful enough that you don't need a whole lot of it. like when you start as a sorcerer you get 30 soul arrows or whatever per rest and each one is more or less a one hit kill for weak enemies. fireball is for bosses or tough enemies so only having 8 at the start isn't that big of a deal.

I think on my pyromancer i've only ran out of spells when i needed them once? and i had a good enough weapon i managed to make do until a bonfire.

Though the mp system in demon's soul was kinda neat, made the royalty class a bit too powerful because they started with the mp regen ring. where everyone else got it much later.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    The NBA 2K menus might be the most indecipherable thing in modern video games.

Not even close, Jeff is just spectacularly inept at them. Mostly because he doesn't care.

Like, the thing about the game being really picky about what you can use the controller for and what you have to use the mouse for? Complete rubbish, you can go through everything with a controller, he just had the cursor hovering over an option and then couldn't figure out why pressing the controller didn't change away from that option.

The only weird thing about it is having to move the right stick to bring up the menus, but once you know that, they're straight forward menus, a list of text options listed under each other.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I would feel a lot better about magic in Dark Souls if staves/talismans fired infinite magic missiles and Pyro Hand had infinite fireball. They wouldn't be very strong, but you wouldn't have to use up your precious spells on excessively weak fodder enemies.

That said, I do plan on doing a magic playthrough one day

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    I didn't realize it until recently, but Pikachu was a rare find in a set of tall grass in Red/Blue in the beginning of the game

If you were a kid in the 90's who was watching the show hence your purchase of the game, you wanted that dang pokemon right away

I used my masterball on Pikachu.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    I would feel a lot better about magic in Dark Souls if staves/talismans fired infinite magic missiles and Pyro Hand had infinite fireball. They wouldn't be very strong, but you wouldn't have to use up your precious spells on excessively weak fodder enemies.

That said, I do plan on doing a magic playthrough one day

well, there's a reason why the pyromancer has an axe. you aren't supposed to fire ball everyone. it's like having firebombs that recharge when you rest. then you rescue the pyromancer guy in the depth, and it opens up a brand new world of setting things on fire.

• Options
    I WANT TO FIREBALL EVERYONE

• Options
    Some people just want to see the world burn.

• Options
    well, in new game plus i think i can get like 5 copies of fireball. so, that's like 40 fireballs.

but then it's actually not that good, and i have a spell that sets everything around me on fire for up to 1100 damage, so.

you know,

there's that.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Ugh I let myself post a comment under Worth Reading, so I guess I've dragged myself into the comment debate on GTAV and transgenderism.

I'm sure this will end well.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm playing Phoenix Wright 3 right now

Boy all the stuff with this effeminate chef is reaaaaaaal uncomfortable

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I'd forgotten about that guy.

He makes Oldbag not the worst character in that franchise.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    X is going to be my first Pokeyman.

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    The Second Life part of this unprofessional fridays is quite possibly the funniest thing I've seen in a couple months

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    The Battlefield 4 beta is really fun from what I've played.

Shooting down helicopters has never been more satisfying.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    The Battlefield 4 beta is really fun from what I've played.

Shooting down helicopters has never been more satisfying.

I dunno Bad Company 2 was pretty good!

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I ran a wizard in Dark Souls, pretty much ignored pyromancy. Outside of the very start of the game running out of spells was never really an issue. Took me a bit to find where a vendor for more spells was hiding. As long as you don't waste spells on things that will die in one swing of your weapon you should be fine.

This discussion has been closed.