As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] Thread - Playoffs for the next 4 months!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2013
    Bosh's head looks extra tiny!

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    i really hope bosh leaves the heat so he can start being my favorite non-maverick in the nba

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    The Brow fractured his hand with no timetable for his return

rough times for the Pelicans

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    And they still beat the Knicks. Too bad they can't trade anybody for anything worth a damn and, as ever, fuck James Dolan. Woodson is probably gone sooner than later.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Hahahahahaha the Knicks.

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    As much as I loved seeing the Knicks beaten, FUCK Injuries. Rose, Iguodala, Gasol, now Davis. For fucks sake, why can't the whole league stay healthy for a year?

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    JJ Reddick got hurt too, out 6-8 weeks with a busted up hand. Nobody except me cares but dammit he was a key piece of my FIRST PLACE FANTASY TEAM.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Reddick also has a torn ligament in his elbow. In good health news, Bynum had his best game by far Saturday with 20 points, 10 rebounds, 5 blocks, and he actually left his feet a few times including a pretty sweet dunk.

I was at the game and it was pretty nice to see him and Waiters have good games. Maybe Cleveland isn't packing it in just yet.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Irving has been good but he needs to be great

his FG% and his shot attempts are approaching Iverson levels

Xehalus on
  • Options
    speaking of more injuries
    Paul Pierce will be out two to four weeks with a broken bone in his right hand

that's Paul Pierce, Deron Williams, Andrei Kirilenko and Jason Terry now

the Nets are lucky that Brook Lopez is playing well when he can stay on the court

• Options
    He definitely needs to be more efficient especially behind the arc. He's 2-21 his last 5 games.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I love that the celtics have the nets first rounder

And multiple other first rounders of theirs

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Hated trading Garnett and pierce but it seems it was the perfect time

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    well technically they have the worst of the hawks and nets first rounders

no chance both of those teams are in the lottery in the east

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    simo wrote: »

God damn you are right

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

I dunno man. Brooklyn looks awful. Unless Kidd gets sacked by the allstar break and a new coach comes in to spur a run I can see them finishing in the bottom 7 or 8. That's still a really good spot in this years draft.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Brooklyn will improve as they play together more and get healthier.

• Options
    Brooklyn will improve as they play together more and get healthier.

They're all fucking old though. Other than Joe Johnson, I can't think of anyone on that team that isn't a serious injury risk due to age or prior history.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »

I dunno man. Brooklyn looks awful. Unless Kidd gets sacked by the allstar break and a new coach comes in to spur a run I can see them finishing in the bottom 7 or 8. That's still a really good spot in this years draft.

yeah but then the hawks will swap for it and the celtics will get the hawks pick

the hawks aren't great, they're only .500, but that's good for 3rd in the east right now

horford would have to get a season-ending injury for them to miss the playoffs in the east

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    hell the celtics might not even miss the playoffs at this rate

a win tomorrow at home against a shitty bucks team and a raptors loss in golden state to a very good warriors team and the celtics will be 8-12 and leading the atlantic

the east is a joke

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013

yeah but then the hawks will swap for it and the celtics will get the hawks pick

the hawks aren't great, they're only .500, but that's good for 3rd in the east right now

horford would have to get a season-ending injury for them to miss the playoffs in the east

Oh, alright. I read the original post wrong, I thought they were getting a first rounder from each team.

You're right though, Atlanta isn't awful, just mediocre.

Maximum on
  • Options
    also obviously i'm hoping for the celtics pick to be high as possible

but i am secretly hoping for the knicks to win the lottery, the nets to get second and have them both lose those picks because of the carmelo and joe johnson trades

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    Kidd benched all his starters in the second half against Houston to send a message

and they followed up with a win against Memphis where Joe Johnson and Brook Lopez were the focus on offense

unless Garnett or Pierce retire this is the plan til 2014/15

• Options
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Kidd benched all his starters in the second half against Houston to send a message

and they followed up with a win against Memphis where Joe Johnson and Brook Lopez were the focus on offense

unless Garnett or Pierce retire this is the plan til 2014/15

I just don't see how either Pierce or Garnett can possibly take Kidd seriously as the head coach.

• Options
    other callbacks from the late 90s like Tim Duncan looked HoF worthy tonight with a 20-20 game at 37

at least the Hawks should thank the Spurs by coaching proxy for turning Jeff Teague into maybe an All-Star

• Options
    And the Pelicans beat the Bulls in triple overtime without the unibrow. Wow.

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    other callbacks from the late 90s like Tim Duncan looked HoF worthy tonight with a 20-20 game at 37

at least the Hawks should thank the Spurs by coaching proxy for turning Jeff Teague into maybe an All-Star

That was 23 - 21 with the game winner.

Suck it, Budenholzer!

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    @eddy nba 2k14 just showed up

HURRY UP SO I CAN BANG 14 CURRY THREES

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    oh god i was too busy on monday, i didn't get it for 30

i think i will have to wait until xmas sales :o

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    So Lawrence Frank is basically out in Brooklyn. I always find it fascinating why teams give coaches (or assistant coaches in this case) such big, lucrative contracts - only to fire them weeks or months into the first year and thus owing them huge amounts of money for doing nothing. Detroit still owes Frank money for firing him.

What makes Jason Kidd so valuable that they basically fire the only person on his staff with prior head coaching experience?

The only good thing for Brooklyn (and the Knicks for that matter) is that the Easter Conference is so dismal this year, that they probably still make the playoffs once they get even marginally better.

• Options
    In some ways Brooklyn's approach to this season was even more inept than the Knicks. They put together an aging championship-or-bust team but then hire a rookie head coach that's not even one year out of the league as a player. I am surprised they are this bad but no one should be surprised they aren't very good especially early on.

• Options
    I think I can wait a month and a half for The Brow to return

Sullinger was a good pickup

• Options
    Hollinger has his playoff projections up. Boston is the #8 seed in the East at 12 games under .500

• Options
    I will be so mad if we miss the lottery at 12 games under

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Ugh he's projected Cleveland as the third worst team in the league. Well I guess if you can't make the playoffs that's where you'll want to be. :(

• Options
    Hollinger has his playoff projections up. Boston is the #8 seed in the East at 12 games under .500

they're the 4 seed now at 4 games under .500 so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcz_kDCBTBk

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    ainge is in a tricky predicament

before the season it looked like the only chance this team had of sniffing the playoffs was if rondo came back and they didn't trade him, and even then best case scenario was 7-8 seed. so tanking looked to be relatively easy - milk rondos injury or trade him

but now they could make the playoffs without rondo, the east is that bad

and with rondo they have a shot at the atlantic (though i think the knicks and nets will get better, they have no incentive not to), which was unthinkable before the year

and if you can get the 4 seed you can potentially win a playoff series, because the 5 seed in the east isn't going to be all that great

you never want to be mediocre in the nba, but it's also hard to throw away the possibility for multiple playoff series, especially for an owner

hopefully all the underachieving teams get sufficiently better and this becomes moot

simo on
    bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    the East had 7 good teams and now they have 3

a side effect of the lottery perhaps

• Options
    the East had 7 good teams and now they have 3

a side effect of the lottery perhaps

When is the last time the East had 7 good teams? 1998?

The conference has been a total shitstorm forever, maybe not as bad as this year so far, but pretty bad.

This discussion has been closed.