Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[RIP PAX East 14] PAX Aus Registration is open, non int'l 3 Day passes already sold out

1222324252628»

• DeciusDecius Registered User regular
    I've already got my eating goals set for PAX South if I make it there. For Prime it's Sushi and fresh fish, plus beer and coffee. For East it's seafood (lobstah and chowdah) and beer. For South it'll be Mexican food, BBQ, and as I'm informed by a couple locals pecan pie. Pecans are big in that part of the state I guess. Also I need to try Shiner Bock while I'm in Texas, so add beer to the South list as well.

Good thing I walk everywhere during PAX eh...

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    FYI Australia passes are available, 3 days already gone. Although there's an option for "international 3 day passes" that is not yet sold out.

Goose! on
    Nintendo Switch FC: SW-5618-5257-5789 | Amazon Smile List
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah they've been on sale since November I think

• StericaSterica Wow! That was shit.Registered User, Moderator mod
    I cannot believe it's already been a week since I was sitting around waiting for the expo hall to open.

YL9WnCY.png
    PenumbraGoose!Crippl3
  • orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Decius wrote: »
    Also I need to try Shiner Bock while I'm in Texas, so add beer to the South list as well.

Try Freetail instead. It's local to SA and they'll have the downtown location completed by then. And it's tons better.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    CptKemzik wrote: »
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    CptKemzik wrote: »
    I played a surprising amount of indie games at the expo hall! Is it just me or were the triple-A booths even more overwhelming than last year?! Exclamation points!

Also got to play bass semi-awkwardly with some really talented MAGFest guys. I say "semi-awkwardly" because A) I haven't played with live people in at least 4-5 years and it showed (have basically been a musical shut-in with my basses, guitars, drum machine, recording software, etc) and B ) when I was around the jam booth there weren't many people aside from said MAGFest folks and it seemed like they had this clique going where they were really intent on doing jazz-fusion-esque-meets-shred-guitar jams and I cannot improv to that at all; they really dug a bassline of mine that i've been honing for years though; actually made my day!

Overall much better experience this year even though I spent less time there (went on sat. last year), I may actually just stick to sunday from now on.

Edit- also really want to check out MAGFest now next time around, but... Baltimore.

Man I'm MAGFest staff and I forgot to hit up the jamspace. Next year.

Also, it's at National Harbor, which is more DC. The only real big con in Baltimore is Otakon.

I stand corrected! How feasible is it to get there via train?

Late reply, but, it's fairly easy. If you take any train into DC, then take the subway over to the Branch Ave station, it's a short bus ride from there to National Harbor. Alternatively, the hotel has shuttles that go back and forth to DC.