As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Couch covers?

mcpmcp Registered User regular
edited October 2013 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm looking for a cover for my couch. Ideally, something simple that I don't have to fuck around with a lot.

I have pets, 3 dogs, my couch is like 10 years old and has seen better days. I don't really want to get a new one right now, so I thought some kind of nice cover would be great.

The kicker is, my couch is 83 inches long not including the arm rests.

I was looking at the sure fit pet throw, but their biggest one goes up to 76 inches. That doesn't really cut it.

This is probably a long shot, but does anyone have an recommendations on brands or specific products to check out?

mcp on

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    god finding hte perfect couch cover is like finding the holy grail.

we currently use something we found at bed bath and beyond but honestly it sucks. always needs readjusting. you are probably better off just making something or finding a handy person/seamstress

camo_sig.png
  • pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    A king sized sheet is a little over 100 inches long. Won't go all the way to the floor on both sides, but should cover the whole couch.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Yeah, I kind of been doing something like that.

It kind of gets the job done, but I wanted to find something that looked a little nicer and would possibly stay in place a little better.

• SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Just bought two of these for my house. One for the couch; one for the loveseat. I have puffy furniture and they fit without issue.

• CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    mts wrote: »
    always needs readjusting

Buy some lengths of PVC pipe that are (or cut them) just a couple inches shorter than the width and depth of the seating area and stuff them down the back and sides of the seat cushions. Will hold the cover in and keep it from pulling out constantly when you get up/sit down. Bonus points if you connect them with elbow bends.

Cog on