As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kick, Splode, [chat]

JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp.I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
edited October 2013 in Debate and/or Discourse
550px-Kick-(in-Martial-Arts)-Step-4.jpg

KICK

Explosion.jpg

SPLODE

BRO COUNTRY

FEEL IT

Jacobkosh on

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Destiny seems like Borderlands but less wacky

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    So slow

So lazy

Worst mod

• Options
    Cass is also worst btw

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    During the time it took you to make this chat, I had enough time to start a family and then retire.
    I think we need to introduce mandatory thread recycling speeds.

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Such inept.

Wow.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Chanus, beeteedubs, I really don't like your benefits guy and he is a shining example of why the employer sponsored health insurance system is balls ass retarded.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    A wonderfully crisp autumn's day in Bergen now. Most trees in the streets are still green, but mt Ulriken is a glorious orange, with the evening sun on it even more so.

Went to get groceries and miscellania and took a walk up to the hospital and down through the graveyard and back. It's a rather lovely graveyard.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    wat is this

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    I expected a Next Wave [chat] to be honest.

• Options
    Destiny seems like Borderlands but less wacky

Wiki:

"Destiny will center around the journey of the Guardians, the last defenders of humanity, set to protect Earth's last city. Guardians will be divided into three distinct races: Humans, Awoken, and Exo. Humans are described as being relatable, tough, and uncomplicated. Bungie drew its inspiration for the Human race from military, professional athletes, and action heroes. Awoken, described as exotic, beautiful, and mysterious, were inspired by fictional depictions of elves, vampires, ghosts, and angels. Exo are described as being sinister, powerful, and tireless. Exo were inspired by the undead, Halo's Master Chief, and the titular character of The Terminator.[14]

Players will also be able to choose a "class" to go alongside their race. There are three classes available to players in Destiny: Hunters, Warlocks, and Titans. Hunters are a reconnaissance-based class meant to be reminiscent of the classic "bounty hunter." Bungie cites as influences Star Wars's Han Solo and classic characters from old Western films such as Clint Eastwood's Man with No Name. Warlocks combine weapons with special powers from "the Traveler", and are meant to be a form of "space wizard". The Warlock class is influenced by the Star Wars series' Jedi Knights, The Lord of the Rings series' Gandalf, and The Matrix series' Morpheus. Titans, which favor heavy weapons and melee attacks and are intended to be reminiscent of the classic "future soldier", were inspired by Bungie's own Halo Master Chief, Stormtroopers from Star Wars, and other "space marines" from science fiction.[15]

Playable characters will be a combination of a Guardian race and class.[16]"

*rubs chin*

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Someone get a winter jacket, icy winds blowing in from the north for more burns.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I honestly feel like I'm about to be fired

I ask for something to do and am given nothing

do I go home? what the fuck do I do

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Space wizards = 10/10 game.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Haphazard wrote: »
    I expected a Next Wave [chat] to be honest.

this is a copy of the thread OP that the Nextwave joke was referring to

I am delivering internet history to your doorsteps

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Chanus, beeteedubs, I really don't like your benefits guy and he is a shining example of why the employer sponsored health insurance system is balls ass retarded.
    ...I'm free on the 19th... not that anyone else is it seems.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    this on hold music is terrible

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

Keep your head down and smartly slack off. The key is to not draw attention to yourself. Play it cool.

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular

do you have monday off

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    i'm tempted to shazam it and find out what it is

so if i ever want to use sleep deprivation torture on someone i'll know what to blast into the locked shipping container

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

100% agree

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I don't have monday off but I'm sitting here with a knot in my stomach

he went off to lunch with the server spreadsheet open on his computer and I asked if he could save it and upload the changes so I can work on it while he's gone and he said "well when I get done with it it'll be RIGHT" and walks off

yeah it'll be right for what four fucking minutes

goddamnit he knows as well as anyone they hired me because it changes CONSTANTLY and pushing aside all his important work not only is an insult to me but to this company, they pay him six figures to administer servers, if he has a problem with me he should bring it up with my boss :(

override367 on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    this on hold music is terrible

The waaaaiting is the hardest part... :whistle:

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    ...I'm free on the 19th... not that anyone else is it seems.

I've been free for a while... this only came up because we got our mandatory notice about the ACA today with a little, "hey guys! remember we offer insurance, too! here are the fucking ridiculous rates!"

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    @Chanus

I will take a 30min shower, I don't even care. To hell with the environment!

I will take my showerhead and point it out a window and take a damn shower with the water running right on the ground. Just let it pour everywhere for a half an hour, right out the window. What now, environment?

i
    d
    g
    a
    f

spool32 on
  • Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    Chanus

I will take my showerhead and point it out a window and take a damn shower with the water running right on the ground. Just let it pour everywhere for a half an hour, right out the window.

i
    d
    g
    a
    f

OH MY GOD YOU WHITE DEVIL

• Options
    edited October 2013
    I don't have monday off but I'm sitting here with a knot in my stomach

he went off to lunch with the server spreadsheet open on his computer and I asked if he could save it and upload the changes so I can work on it while he's gone and he said "well when I get done with it it'll be RIGHT" and walks off

yeah it'll be right for what four fucking minutes

goddamnit he knows as well as anyone they hired me because it changes CONSTANTLY and pushing aside all his important work not only is an insult to me but to this company, they pay him six figures to administer servers, if he has a problem with me he should bring it up with my boss :(

He's doing it out of spite. He thinks you wronged him.

You need to bring this up to HR/your boss immediately before he does and he puts the spin on it like you're lazy.

Tell them he misinterpreted a ticket, and he's trying to take your workload from him you. You need to make him look incompetent so you can get paid 6 figures to do a spreadsheet.

Because really, he is, he's pretty fucking dumb. And petty, fuck those kind of people.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

I will take my showerhead and point it out a window and take a damn shower with the water running right on the ground. Just let it pour everywhere for a half an hour, right out the window. What now, environment?

i
    d
    g
    a
    f

You sound like those people who turn on all the lights and leave the car running in the garage on Earth day just out of spite.

Y'know, like a typical American conservative. :P

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    took me by surprise when it got to the chorus (definitely did not realize it was a cover at first)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhGuuBE1C2s

i think i like it!

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    hey if anyone ever played Path of Exile, it's about to be released on steam (less than 2 weeks) and have guild support added among other things

best free to play game ever, and the one I've seen most dedicated to keeping microtransactions cosmetic

figured I'd drop the fyi

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Its amazing how bad some people are at slacking off. My former partner, who was good with all his SLAs and did his work promptly, turns out was thought of as a horrible lazy ass by management. Why? Cause in the down time he would pull out his iPad, prop that shit up in his cube and watch Archer. Or play games on his phone. I tried to tell him that was too blatant, but no one listens to Zathras.

cptrugged on
  • Options
    large.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

i
    d
    g
    a
    f

You sound like those people who turn on all the lights and leave the car running in the garage on Earth day just out of spite.

It's the appropriate thing to do.

When you don't use electrical power based off their day-to-day usage, it doesn't get used on the grid and is essentially wasted.

By "conserving" power outside of your day-to-day usage, you actually cause more waste.

If your goal was to conserve, you'd reduce usage all the time.

• Options
    8812793605_84314e7a45_b.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    also like original song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiXJmoTYQCo&list=TLim-KvNuxS1vcqHvW-5eSZMDL1ibR0Uzb

it all sounds like it'd be playing in the background in a clothing store and I'd be like "i'm not sure what this is... but it's nice!"

• Options
    He's right though, I totally fucked up, I see 3 tickets to remove servers that were sitting in the general ticket pool since almost 2 weeks ago

however he says "There's dozens of changes and they've been waiting WEEKS!" isn't really accurate, there's 3 that are a few weeks old to REMOVE servers and there are DOZENS to add servers from the past 2 days that I obviously just haven't done yet, Friday is my longest work day its my "Wrap up everything" day

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Override, I would like to see future posts on this subject to address how you have put into action some of the very sensible advice you have been given so far.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

i
    d
    g
    a
    f

I...

it was...

If you lived somewhere with as little rainfall as we get, this would have been funnier for you. :(

• Options
    yes yes your country has natural beauty and massive oil wealth and a generous and egalitarian social welfare state WE GET IT

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Override, I would like to see future posts on this subject to address how you have put into action some of the very sensible advice you have been given so far.

problem is typically when I take sensible advice things end up worse for me

I'm an intern and any of these people can fire me at will I'm not sure if I want to start a fight over this or just when he gets back from lunch try to hash it out with him

This discussion has been closed.