As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CYOA : Precious Cargo - To Fight Volcano Monsters, We Built a Volcano Monster

The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
edited October 2013 in Critical Failures
You do not feel well.

You're extremely drowsy. You can't open your eyes. Well, that's not entirely true; you probably could, but the pain from their sensitivity to all of the lights around you make the task formidable. Your back & neck ache. You can feel drool and snot running down your face, but you can't quite lift your arm to wipe it off. You have incredible stomach pains.

You've awoken sitting in a chair. There is a display in front of you.


interface-blurry.png


You can't make sense of it right now, only able to steal a single fuzzied squint.


This is a Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Anyone can play; just vote for what you want to have happen.

This game is going to much less mechanically complex than my previous attempts at CYOA games - partly to reduce my workload, partly to make it more accessible. I'll try to make updates at least a daily thing (might relax this when weekends come 'round).


What do you do?

a) Call for help. You feel like you're about to throw-up, and have no idea where you are.
b) Calmly sit and let your eyes adjust to the light so you can see what is going on around you / where you are located.
c) Think, think, think... what is the last thing you remember?
d) Fucking Goddamn fucking *PUNCH DISPLAY*

With Love and Courage
The Ender on
PonyKaplarErin The Red
«13456789

Posts

  • DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    B

  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    It wants the D

    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • The EverymanThe Everyman Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    B. We need to get our bearings first to figure out what's going on.

    The Everyman on
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    D

  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    C

    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • blahmcblahblahmcblah I never drink... wine. Registered User regular
    C

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    B, that display may jog our memory.

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • wiltingwilting Registered User regular
    B

  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    B

    Where we were is less important than where we're waking up.

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    D Let's start the day off with some percussive maintenance.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    D

    Always act with confidence.

    Don't let them see that you have no idea what's going on.

    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

    Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    B.

    Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Lawful EvilLawful Evil Registered User regular
    D.

    Start this CYOA with a bang!

    Do not believe that the impossible exists. That is why you fail.
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    D

    it is likely the worst choice, but we just just woke up with an uber hangover and it sucks. I know I'd want to punch something.

  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    D!

  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    oooh

    D

    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • KaplarKaplar Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    It wants the D

  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    d) Fucking Goddamn fucking *PUNCH DISPLAY*

    In an otherwise unreliable universe, one thing has always held true: the length of your fuse.

    "FUCKING GODDAMN FUCKING..."

    Your adrenaline spikes. Your arms are still heavy, but you rise to the challenge of making them move. You hammer at the screen in front of you, but there's no satisfying crunching or cracking. Perhaps that's for the best.

    You felt something sticky momentarily adhere your fist to the display after each blow, however. Blood? Some other bodily fluid? Whatever it is, you gooped some of it onto the display.

    interface-goop-blurry.png

    Your hand is apparently coated in the stuff. Both hands, actually. And probably most of the rest of you. Fortunately it's not on your skin; you're wearing protective gloves and body armor.

    An electronic voice immediately begins berating you, aggravating your headache.

    "Penalty Assessment : Vandalization of BlackFelt Robotics Incorporated property. Perpetrator will be billed for the cost of all damages done to the Series H Condor Model Diamond Lattice Control Surface. Perpetrator identified as..."


    Who are you?

    a) Captain Sophia O'Brian, Experimental Weapons Test Pilot, re-activated from recreational hibernation
    b) Dr. Ivan Campbell, Artificial Systems Psychologist, restored from surgical reconstruction bath
    c) Ex-Captain Samuel Baxter, dishonorably discharged from the 34th Red Deer Titan Corps, retrieved from criminal isolation shelf
    d) Director Sarah Morgan, head of BlackFelt Robotics Prototyping & Engineering Division, recovered from malfunctional evacuation autogyro

    The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    C C C C C C C C C C C C C

  • DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    A

  • The EverymanThe Everyman Registered User regular
    I don't know what recreational hibernation entails, but I want to be there. A.

  • blahmcblahblahmcblah I never drink... wine. Registered User regular
    C

    Let's do some dishonorable asskicking.

  • wiltingwilting Registered User regular
    C

  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    C is for Criminal

    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    D

    Always D

    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

    Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    C. Baxter is totally the type to punch first, think later.

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Boozer wrote: »
    C. Baxter is totally the type to punch first, think later.

  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    D, of course.

    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    D.

    Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    C I like the way "Titan Corps" sounds

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    C

  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco Registered User regular
    C!

    2WJtdLD.png
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    C

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    c) You are...

    baxter-badge.png

    "Perpetrator identified as Samuel Baxter, convict, Penal Registration Number 007-788. A payment in the amount of $6,788.70 to replace the vandalized control surface must be made to BlackFelt Robotics Incorporated by February 4th, 2398. Your Reference Key is PAY-678-870-000."

    You recognize the AI module's voice. And then you recognize the feeling of the armor you're wearing, the color of the lights, the fuzzy shapes you can begin to squint at with slightly more ease, the dimensions of the space...

    You're on the bridge of a Titan, wired-up and ready to go.


    What the fuck? You were supposed to be in the box for... didn't the judge say, "indefinitely"? And why the Hell would they throw you in here - plug you in - sight unseen? You try to claw through your memories, but all that's rattling around at the forefront are scattered images and statements from the trial. That and... the things you'd care not to remember so much.

    You stop trying to steal squints. You grit your teeth and keep your eyes shut. It takes a few minutes, but your eyes do eventually adjust.

    When you open your eyes, you see this:

    interface-goop.png



    What do you do?

    a) Call for help. You don't know what you're doing here, you still feel like throwing-up, and you don't want to get into more trouble than you already are. Being on shelf is better than being executed
    b) Ask the AI Module for assistance / guidance (tell me what you would like to ask it)
    c) Try to unplug yourself, get out of the chair and leave the bridge
    d) Manipulate the control surface (tell me what buttons you want to push, whether you want to wipe off the screen, hit it again, whatever)

    LOOSE CANNON: You may pick two options so long as one option involves solving a problem with violence
    CYNICAL VETERAN: You may avert crisis by hurting people






    With Love and Courage
    Sir FabulousKaplarBoozerSnicketysnickTayrunEdith UpwardsErin The RedDread Pirate ArbuthnotElvenshae
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Hell

    Fucking

    Yes

    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

    Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Manipulate the control surface (tell me what buttons you want to push, whether you want to wipe off the screen, hit it again, whatever

    Hit it again

    Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    D

    Type in 9J4-G2A-6F8

    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

    Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • KaplarKaplar Registered User regular
    D
    Type in 9J4 G2A 478

Sign In or Register to comment.