Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The [Renting] Thread

19495969798100»

• KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    It really does sound like it's in your best interest to move out from living with the guy. It just sounds like something will eventually happen down the road that'll end up being worse than what's already happened. Best to cut your losses.

PsykomatynicchromdomSilverWindSkeithlonelyahavaAngelinaLiiyaSorce
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Kamiro wrote: »
    It really does sound like it's in your best interest to move out from living with the guy. It just sounds like something will eventually happen down the road that'll end up being worse than what's already happened. Best to cut your losses.

Yeah, going over it in my head it kind of feels like the only cons to this are pride-related. Essentially worrying that some of the folks I graduated with (who have homes and significant others) might think less of me for it. But at the same time I've kinda stopped caring what those people think, so maybe it's not as big of a con as I used to think it was?

Also that dating might be harder, but if a dude thinks less of me for being happy living with my family then he ain't worth it, really.

Edit: I talked with my roommate and basically said that I am probably moving home but am taking the week to think about it. He basically said he was being pressured by two of the guys living there to try to pressure me into making the call faster and that he was gonna let us have the month to figure it out; I told him that it was still absolutely uncool, it was super hurtful and that he could still have said no and my voice kinda broke and now I'm crying and I'm just gonna play Rocket League until feelings stop happening (is that possible WE'LL FIND OUT)

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    DarkPrimusPsykomacabsy
  • CosCos Registered User regular
    Ugh, apartment hunting suuuuuuuuucks.

Does anyone know of any affordable and dog-friendly places in Philly?

• chromdomchromdom Working on having a better attitude Oh yeah, I movedRegistered User regular
    Cleveland?

New out of context sig?
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Cello wrote: »

Yeah, going over it in my head it kind of feels like the only cons to this are pride-related. Essentially worrying that some of the folks I graduated with (who have homes and significant others) might think less of me for it. But at the same time I've kinda stopped caring what those people think, so maybe it's not as big of a con as I used to think it was?

Also that dating might be harder, but if a dude thinks less of me for being happy living with my family then he ain't worth it, really.

Edit: I talked with my roommate and basically said that I am probably moving home but am taking the week to think about it. He basically said he was being pressured by two of the guys living there to try to pressure me into making the call faster and that he was gonna let us have the month to figure it out; I told him that it was still absolutely uncool, it was super hurtful and that he could still have said no and my voice kinda broke and now I'm crying and I'm just gonna play Rocket League until feelings stop happening (is that possible WE'LL FIND OUT)

Tell them to go pound sand. If your folks are happy to have you, take advantage of it. If those people you graduated with give you shit, ask how much they pay for rent/mortgages; should shut them up in a hurry.

Skeith on
    mts wrote: »
    heres how i see it being a total win situation for you
    1. stay with your wife while she dog sits. this wins husband points since she knows its out of your comfort zone
    2. have sex all over her friends house so that the next time you see her friend look at you condescendingly, you can wink back knowing you did the freaky deaky where she eats her cheerios.
    OmnipotentBagelPsykomaCellolonelyahavatynicLiiyaIronKnuckle's Ghost
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular

Would you care to get drunk and commiserate in the near future?

The only thing thats kept me from moving back into my parents house is that I was renting from them before I was unemployed and they were unbelievably kind and told me I wasn't going to be responsible for rent until I got a new job.

Psykoma wrote: »

Would you care to get drunk and commiserate in the near future?

The only thing thats kept me from moving back into my parents house is that I was renting from them before I was unemployed and they were unbelievably kind and told me I wasn't going to be responsible for rent until I got a new job.

I am so down for this you would not believe

Steam
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I have a wedding shower this weekend, but next weekend or any other time I'd be down

Cello
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Mortius is correct Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    @Cello as hard as it was for me to do this on my own when I needed to, Screw pride. And screw what the rest of whoever thinks. It sounds like moving back home will be better for you in the long run, both financially and emotionally. swallowing the pill and the feeling of having your tail between you legs takes time, but my goodness it is so worth it to be able to save the money you need to get out onyour own and be stable.

I moved back home with my parents after a bad 5 years away, drowning in debt and self loathing. I got my debts paid off, I got the self loathing under control and i saved enough to move to NZ.

And seriously, you tell your current flatmate to drop dead for pressuring you. You pay the bills just as much as he does, you have the right to take the time.

LiiyaCelloPsykomaSilverWindWyborncabsy
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I'm so jealous of the people at my work living at home. Dudes are saving hella money

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStigCFN: Stiggles
    cabsy
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... ... and hard.Registered User regular
    Paying only $600 a month toward an apartment in Mountain View (had two roommates, and it was kind of... not great) went a long way toward me being able to buy a house.

redoctober2.png
    SE++ Forum Battle Archive | PDT is not PST | DRUNKSTUCK: A Homestuck recap
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    I'm gonna be starting college this semester. I've lived at home up to this point. I called the management company and the lady on the phone said that I could just note that on the application.

ALSO, since I don't have credit I'll have to pay double the deposit. Yaaay. The other problem I have is that I'm still in Wyoming on vacation so I can't really give them a photo id or anything with the application, so I guess I'll have to figure something out...

Take a picture of ID, email to apartment manager?

Honestly that's what I did for the rental application on the house

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
    Thanks, thread. Venting super helped; I just need to figure out when would be best, but I'm definitely gonna let my parents know tonight I'd like to move home. Might end up paying another month's rent while not living in the place but that sounds preferable to sitting and waiting and throwing money into the abyss.

The vindictive part of me just wants to do it this weekend but I'm going to give it another day before I decide if leaving with 3/4 of the furniture and all of the plates would be funny enough to do as soon as possible.

Steam
    LiiyaSporkAndrewSorceDarkPrimusSkeithlonelyahavapimentocabsy
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I know you probably don't want to be a shit person to that guy.

But he's been really shitty about this whole thing to you on multiple occasions so I say fuck him and just leave.

He was going to leave you in the lurch so he could do whatever he wanted.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
    CelloIronKnuckle's GhostSkeithtynic
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I'd be vindictive and get that stuff out quickly, but I have been known to delight in the suffering of soon to be former roommates.

mts wrote: »
    heres how i see it being a total win situation for you
    1. stay with your wife while she dog sits. this wins husband points since she knows its out of your comfort zone
    2. have sex all over her friends house so that the next time you see her friend look at you condescendingly, you can wink back knowing you did the freaky deaky where she eats her cheerios.
    Yeah, my parents are totally cool with it and are helping shuttle stuff back on Sunday. I have a few other friends who are going to help pack too. Luckily the soon-to-be-ex-roommate works at night so it won't be as awkward.

Thanks for the support, guys; I really do appreciate the kind words. If there's another renting thread I'll update you on how moving goes and if I had to burn the place down or not!

Steam
    PsykomaCilla BlackSporkAndrewlonelyahavapimentoSorceSkeith
This discussion has been closed.