As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[M&M3e] Blast Off! - Chapter 1: Turtling

• Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    New Amsterdam, Titan - 2099

It is a bright, sunny day beneath the dome. It is never warmer than mid-Fall in a temperate climate back on Earth. The distance from the sun and Titan simply doesn't allow for much heat to be captured by the artificial greenhouse gases and shining glass dome. A clever system of heat mining keeps the city above freezing for most of the year. Beneath the shimmering surface life for humanity goes along much the same as it always has. They bustle about in their coats and scarves from day-to-day activities, remaining as productive as they can, before returning each night to their homes and families. Some of these families may be more unconventional than others - the wife waiting for her husband could be a purple-skinned Zaphodox or the children may be adopted from the Theros nebula. And so they hustle across the city, walking, taking a magbus, or riding the Underground hyper-rail. A great deal many have their own vehicles, the current style of which matched Earth pre-1950's with the same sleek designs of the Buick Roadbuster or classic Cadillac. None of these, of course, run on fossil fuels any longer. Hydrogen is the preferred fuel of modern consumers. A few of means have magnetic propulsion systems with allow their vehicle to escape the congestion in the streets, though these are highly regulated. If you've ever seen a mid-air concolision, you'll understand why. Staten Bridge is often one of the culprits responsible for traffics issues in New Amsterdam. The bridge is a collosal structure and closes the distance over the Great Chasm, which splits the city in two stretching three miles across and is over 1,000 feet deep. More bridges have been planned and even some have started progress on construction, but the damned thing seems to be a magnet for super-villain terrorists. Reconstruction stalls the new construction and round we go. It may seem undesirable to place a city on top such a natural wonder, but it made heating mining Titan much easier. Chrome and shimmering skyscrapers capture and reflect the light over the city, a truly awe-inspiring site for new visitors. The most impressive tower belongs to Technical Industrials, the cutting edge leader in the fields of robotics and A.I. development. While impressive work happen in impressive buidlings, movers-and-shakers gladhand one another in New Amsterdam City Hall or at the UAP Building. This was life in New Amsterdam: despite all the advancements much the same as it has ever been, if perhaps a bit stranger.

Well, 'a bit' may be an understatement. On the corner of Lexus and 18th Street, that familiar rumbling warning the nearby citizens of imminent attack began. With very little panic they rushed together for safety in nearby buildings. This sort of thing was something of a common occurance in New Amsterdam and the citizenry knows exactly what to do. As the concrete sideways and pavement crumbled and gave way, as gargantuan robotic mole forced it's way though the street. Debris and mud flew in every direction. It must have stood at least one-hundred and fifty feet tall. The metalic monstrosity shoke off it's paws and face, before it ceases motion and a tiny metal hatch opened in it's forehead. A dwarf-like filthy little man climbed out, scrambling to his feet with an ancient mega-phone in hand. He has on a pair of broken sunglasses, a ratty coat that was oversized on him, and clothes appeared to have been stolen from the homeless. He clears his throat into the mega-phone, which screeches before he adjusts the settings. "I am the Undermensch!" the tiny man exclaims with great enthusiam through static and squeels. "You may live above me, but there is nothing below me! For too long you surface-dwellers have reaped the benefit of my people's toil below your very feet. I have come to take my vengeance against you, yet again." By anyone's count, this was the Undermensch's seventh attempt at destroying New Amsterdam. "Fear me! I am the doom come to smite you all! Your end is nigh."

The tiny man quickly scrambled back inside the robot's head and seal the hatch behind him. It veered back to life and began to rampage across the great downtown area. But in the distance, we can see...
    Sorry for the Incredibles quite - couldn't help myself! The line is just too good.

Time for your introductory posts! After creating your formal introductions, I'll need initiative rolls, too.

Geth roll 1d20+3 for Giant Mole Robot Initiative

Giant Mole Robot Initiative:
    1d20+3 21 [1d20=18]

Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    "Of course, K'ylmartholma Makokman Stonera the III, Third Duke of Pomp, Fifth Duke of Fail, Drinker of Lady's Drinks, Count of Neediness, Blocker of Cocks, and Keeper of Last Year's fashion, would naysay the blue collar sport that is heat drill-surfing. However, let me tell you, even with your fancy gravity tricks, you'd still be whimpering like a newborn babe that just had a treat snatched from it. Once you strap your mag boots on and attach to a 5 ton plasma and steel drill-bit being dropped into the Great Chasm, with nothing but a cheap 5 ounce controler to steer between the heat vents, all to find a seam that can produce enough heat to power a full city block, it takes every ounce of nerve in your body to keep from passing out in fear. In fact, last time I saw a 6'5" Verbacion come out of the Chasm looking like....Shit!"

Dash had been talking Kyle's ear off, trying to get the young prince to try yet another of his almost suicidal "sports." It almost seemed like he didn't do anything other than risk his life or hang out in bars (often also risking his life considering his bars were usually on the seedy side). However, the familiar rumble was enough to finally shut his mouth. He knew what the shaking meant, and was reaching for his mask just as the nose of the mole was breaking through the ground. The villian was a bit of a shlub, but sometimes even the lowliest bad guy could surprise you. Hopefully this one puts up a decent fight.

Although this damn mask just won't sit straight. Dammit! I'm gonna miss the monologue. I love those things.

Geth roll 1d20+8 for initiative

zekebeau on
    Geth roll 1d20 +8 for initiative

initiative:
    1d20 2 [1d20=2]

Geth seems to have an issue with colors so spoilers will be fine for OOC and rolls

• SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    Karrin slammed a side of ribs that would have done the Flintstones proud down onto the glass countertop inside Zoik and Son's Butcher shop splattering the rotund orange skinned man behind the counter with crimson droplets. Zoik wiped away the offending liquid with a filthy rag and glowered at the woman frowning up at him. Her bright red hair was mostly concealed beneath a ridiculously large floppy hat decorated with stars and crescent moon shapes. She patted the ribs wetly seeming to take no noticed of the blood congealing on her palm. "This isn't soy is it?"

Zoik muttered darkly. Selling meat on Titan was tricky, with so many species flying throughout the galaxy you never knew whose relative you might end up serving to them. Serve one dinoclian one of its hatchlings and you'd never get the parents groups off of your back. "Yeah, but nine out of ten carnivores can't tell the difference."

A snarl like a chain being gnawed on by a garbage disposal encouraged Zoik to hold very still as the enormous white panther that had followed the stranger girl inside sauntered over and lapped at the meat with his rough tongue. For a moment he thought he'd passed the test then the monster turned and flicked its tail at him, sitting next to the door it eyed Zoik reproachfully and with an unsettling amount of hunger. "Well this one can, alright Meru lets try another butcher's shop."

The bell over the door jangled as Karrin stepped out onto the street which were blessedly deserted. She heard the shopkeeper hurriedly locking the door behind her but took little noticed. Wizards are always misunderstood.

Meru flattened his ears against the echoing screech from the Undermensch's megaphone and Karrin shook her fist at the enormous mechanized mole when she finally noticed it. "Do you mind? I'm trying to finish my grocery shopping so I can get off of this rust ball of a planet."
    Geth roll 1d20+8 Geth roll 1d20+12

Geth roll 1d20+12:
    1d20+8 21 [1d20=13]

My Games

Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
    GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
    Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
    Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
    Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
    Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
    Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
    GM of Wyvern Watch
    Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
    edited November 2013
    Geth roll 1d20+8

So that's a 9 for the Space Wizard, and a 21 for her panther minion.

1d20+8 9 [1d20=1]

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    "It's over for you!" called a voice, its ring clear and piercing. A figure descended from the tallest building, landing neatly in the middle of the intersection. It stood, its overly large black cloak billowing in the dramatic winds that had kicked up. A shapely leg peeked out of the garment as an arm thrust outward, a perfectly manicured (pink nail polish, of course!) and equally shapely hand pointing at the mechanical monstrosity with what could only be described as dynamic purpose.

"A challenger appears--bathed in brilliance!" the woman called out, a small device appearing in her other hand. "Fighting in the eternal struggle against darkness, demonstrating elegance, beauty and bravery!" She pressed a series of buttons and it gave a musical chirp and an high pitched acknowledgement: "Ultimate Mode engaged!"

A very brief pause accompanied by a lens flare followed.

"Henshin!" Bright pink light interlaced with white flashed, momentarily blinding onlookers.

"Ultimaranger! Protector of the Galaxy!" the woman cried, her silvery pink helmet catching the artificial sunlight just so. She twirled her UltimaBlade and the curved sword raked against the pavement sending up a shower of sparks. "Iku yo!"
    Geth roll 1d20+6

1d20+6 26 [1d20=20]

Super Namicchi on
    also fuck yes the first roll is a 20 for me. now THAT is the power of HENSHIN A GO GO BABY

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Kyle was wandering down the street with Dash, wondering how he was going to shut this boor up. One does need to be polite but those subtle little hints didn't seem to working. Adjusting the belt around his tunic, he ponders if faking a heart attack would work or just give Dash a chance to flaunt his vaunted heroism. Picking a bit of lint off the purple silk and throwing it away. "I think you might find me a bit durable than the average Verbacion." His tone rather bored, his eyes scanning the crowd for a young woman he could perhaps pawn Dash off onto.

His bored expression turns into a bright smile as he feels the rumble and sees Undermensch's giant robot breaking through the dirt. "Ah, one of New Amsterdam's nefarious criminal masterminds. Finally! One hears about them but somehow I hadn't seen any." His eyes looking around, taking in the whole potential battlefield before deciding to act.
    Geth roll 1d20+9

1d20+9 27 [1d20=18]

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    "So Gleep, how are you enjoying the city?" Gleep was taking lunch in an outdoor cafe under the New Amsterdam dome with his friend, the young researcher Doctor Valerie Lombard. "It's been great! It's awesome to see all these different sentients. And their cultures! Oh, and the food's good too. This 'meat' isn't, though. It's just soy with flavoring." Gleep said.

"I can't tell the difference, it tastes wonderful to me. I'm just happy to be away from the lab for a change. Dr. Mason never has liked you. Not since you first spoke to him." "It isn't bad soy. It's just not meat like I expected. Dr. Mason is not not my fault. He was and is still a pompous windbag. He shouldn't be mad when I tell him the truth. You've told me that lying is bad."

Dr. Lombard pointed her fork at him, "There's lying and then there's being polite. And you know the difference. At least, you do now." The gelatinous alien chuckled, "I know. But it's still fun."

The lunchtime conversation was interrupted by the arrival of the Undermensch. Gleep looked up, excitedly. "Ooh, another supervillain. Gotta go. I'll be right back." The boneless bruiser shot off into the sky, zooming towards the giant robot mole wrecking havoc downtown.
    Starting this round with Enhanced Strength 9, Flight 9 for dynamic alternate affects.

Geth roll 1d20+3 for Gleep Initiative EDIT: I messed up. Gleep's Initiative modifier is a +9. So that 19 roll is a 28 initiative.

Also, can I presume that the robot mole is Not permeable to liquids?

Gleep Initiative:
    1d20+3 22 [1d20=19]

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • spacecaptaindickjusticespacecaptaindickjustice Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    "*Ack* Remove your filthy mammal-grabbers from my obviously superior form!" Professoraptor screeched as two burly security guards unceremoniously ejected the dino-thing from the headquarters of Technical Industries LLC, "Your petty jealousy of my highly evolved reptilian brainal parts is plain! I can smell the envy wafting from your dirty pores. I can even see the resentment radiating from your warm milky flesh!"

By this point the security guards had retreated back into the faceless building and Professoraptor the dino-scientist was left wailing and shaking his clawed fist at the giant headquarters building. "You will all rue the day you shunned the clever and mighty and handsome Professoraptor. Ruuuuueeee iiiittttt!"

As it reached the end of its tirade, Professoraptor noticed the rumbling that signaled the emergence of the Undermensch from the depths of the Earth. Flicking some switches on its high tech science goggles the raptor scanned the city and found some anomalous energy signatures that seemed to be the source of the commotion.

"EEEEEeeeee, villainery!" exclaimed the sciensaur as it jumped astride its nearby Sciencycle. It plunged its claws into one of the cycle's saddlebags and for a few seconds mechanical whirring and clicking sounds could be heard from the depths of the container. As Professoraptor lifted its claws from the bag and grasped the handlebars of its Sciencycle, sunlight glinted from the bulky action science gauntlets that now covered its lower arms. Utilising the specially designed opposable thumb, the scaled scientist flicked the bike's ignition switch and a cold grin spread across its lipless mouth as the twin neutron torch engines roared to life with a sound not unlike that of a million pneumatic drills being used in a hurricane.

The bike leaped forward at unthinkable speeds as Professoraptor twisted the accelerator, travelling to the disturbance in a matter of seconds.

Geth roll 1d20+4

1d20+4 14 [1d20=10]

spacecaptaindickjustice on
    "Eh, just Undermensh, not exactly the scourge of the galaxy. Why don't you take first shot Kyle. I'll back ya up if needed. "

stupid mask, keeping me out the action.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Leaping up into the air, Kyle begins to get himself airborne. Colors shift as the light begins to bend around his hand. Light swirls and is distorted. "Undermensh, prepare to be defeated!" as the heavy light lances out towards Undermensh and his robot.
    Geth roll 1d20+7 for Gravity Punch

Gravity Punch:
    1d20+7 15 [1d20=8]

edited November 2013
    Geth roll 1d20+16 for Giant Robot Mole Toughness DC 25

The robot monstrosity rears back with a robotic echoing screech, though the mighty gravity-empowered punch of Kyle appears to have little effect on the beast.

Giant Robot Mole Toughness DC 25:
    1d20+16 30 [1d20=14]

Mikey CTS on
    @Sakutain, @ArcanisTheImpotent, @destroyah87 can all act now, then the robot will act.

"Oh pimply pumpkins is that Kyle? I can't let him see me here!" Reaching into the leather satchel hanging from a strap around her waist Karrin drew a quarterstaff topped by an enormous purple orb ringed in copper out of the bag. Her staff had been a gift from the Plutonian Sorcerers, it was a symbol of her mastery of the arcane arts, and more often than not the only thing that kept her from being dragged back to her families estate kicking and screaming. She waved the staff over herself and Meru muttering in Latin, she barely spoke the language but one hardly needed to get every little syllable right for such a simple spell. The wizard and her familiar vanished into thin air leaving only a slight shimmering effect behind.

Dragging Meru away from the mechanized mole by the scruff of his neck Karrin tried desperately to pull her familiar away from the Kyle. "No he's a Virtuian prince that I met at the intergalactic opera two years ago. Now lets get out of here before he sees us!"
    Karrin is going to use her mastery of sorcery to make herself invisible, I'm going to assume that doing this will count as her main action for this turn. She's mostly concerned with not being spotted by a wealthy prince who might end up telling her family where she is.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
    Sure, that's fine @Sakutain.

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Gleep soared over the domed city, heading downtown. Through the smoke and dust spilling into the sky, Geth saw the robot mole in the center of the devastation easily with his superhuman sight. Setting into a steep dive, Gleep went on the offensive.

"Knock Knock" He yelled as he landed on the back of the machine and punched down with all his enhanced might.
    Geth roll 1d20+10 for Gleep Punching Mole Robot.

DC 25 damage check. if that's a hit.

Asking again, is the robot mole impermeable to liquids?

Gleep Punching Mole Robot:
    1d20+10 26 [1d20=16]

steam_sig.png
    No it is not. If you would like to slip inside to confront the Undermensch, I encourage it.

Geth roll 1d20+16 for Toughness DC 25

Toughness DC 25:
    1d20+16 27 [1d20=11]

I would very much like to slip inside to go mano-a-goopo with the Undermensch.

I will be using my next turn to do this.

The suit should be fine left in a nearby building. Probably leaving it on top of the mole itself isn't a good idea.

steam_sig.png
    Soaring high above the city astride it's Sciencycle, Professoraptor had a perfect vantage point of the chaos unfolding on the streets below. Focusing on the giant robo-mole below, the reptilian researcher flicked a switch on its Science goggles. Instantly the display changed and the only the outline of robo-mole was visible, etched with fiery yellow lines. Professoraptor mumbled to itself as it studied the now visible pattern of power circuits inside the giant robot, "*Tic* Typical mammalian logic, so so many right angles. Too many right angles even. And what is this?" Professoraptor asked no-one in particular as it zoomed in even further on the robo-mole's face.

"Situating the main sensory apparati in the frontal face region where cold, logical reptilian technology can penetrate and annihilate it? Pure folly! Pure tomfoolereeeeEEEEEeeeEEeee!" Its analysis finished, Professoraptor accelerated down to the nearest rooftop before it had even finished its sentence, the vehicle's monstrous speed allowing it to arrive as the last crazed noises echoed from the deranged dinosaur's mouth. Still sitting astride the stationary bike, Professoraptor fixed one of the robo-mole's cavernous nostrils in its sights and began chattering its teeth together in very specific patterns, the kinetic sensors in its headgear translating these patterns into complex targeting data and algorithms.
    Geth roll 1d20+8 for Technology skill check

The targeting data confirmed, a cold grin spread across Professoraptor's lipless mouth as it raised its right arm and pointed it in the direction of the Undermensch and his terrible robo-mole. A faint giggling could be heard as it slammed its hand down on a large red button situated on the raised glove and released a compact, high yield missile from the Action Science Gauntlet. If it were possible to see the missile as it traveled through the air at hypersonic speeds, one could make out the words 'The Great Dying' roughly scrawled on to its side.
    Attacking Vulnerability so -3 penalty

Geth roll 1d20+9 for Armour Piercing Missile

DC24 damage check if hit and it crits on 18-20

Technology skill check:
    1d20+8 25 [1d20=17]
    Armour Piercing Missile:
    1d20+9 17 [1d20=8]

edited November 2013
    The missile careens through the air, leaving a streak of smoke in its wake. It connects dead on with the nose of the monstrous mechanical mole, causing the great beast to screech like jagged steel scrapping against itself. The raptor of science grins mischievously, it's rows of jagged teeth adding a great deal of malevolence. The robot stumbled backwards on its two hind legs, crashing into a building, shattering glass, break concrete and bending girders beneath its great girth. It then thrusts itself forward, righting itself back on all four legs, crushing the pavement under its front paws with a piercing cry.
    The Giant Mole Robot takes a Recovery action to recover from the staggered condition.

You may all act now as you please. Entering the robot through powers will take a full round as a liquid as its hide is quite dense. Gaseous forms may enter as a movement action. If you get in this turn, you will have surprise against the Undermensch.

Geth roll 1d20+8 for Undermensch Initiative

Undermensch Initiative:
    1d20+8 26 [1d20=18]

Mikey CTS on
    edited November 2013
    "Now this is a proper dust up! Woo!"

Excitement grips Dash's entire body. This mechanical monster likely could crush his bones with a single swipe of its monstrous claws. Moreover, it was so strong it could take a pounding from Kyle and a direct missile hit. It was everything Dash could have wanted in an afternoon brawl.

Igniting his backpack like thruster, he was soon hurtling toward the mole like an ionic comet, circling the behemoth's legs, arms, and head. In a dizzying display of areial acrobatics, he even passed through the open mouth of the beast, narrowly missing being crushed between it's massive teeth.

Thoroughly confounded by Dash's maneuvers, the giant robot begins to loose its balance, leaving itself slow and vulnerable.

Seeing the weakness, Dash drew is great red ray gun and aimed dead center at the beast. A wash of heat and energy strike the metal menace directly in the chest, turning the area a glowing red.

"Bullseye"
    Geth roll 1d20+8 for Pew-Pew

Pew-Pew:
    1d20+8 20 [1d20=12]

zekebeau on
    edited November 2013
    Geth roll 1d20+15 for Toughness

The great beast attempts to swat away Dash but the hero is simple too fast for it. The laser blast overheats a panel that buckles under the metalic behemoth's girth. It snaps open releasing a vital pressure gauge inside. An outpouring of steam and fuilds gushes out on to the pavement as it appears to quickly be losing mobility in it's left hind leg, nearly stumbling and collapsing to the ground.
    That's a single degree of failure so that raises the Robot's Toughness penalty to -2.
    You guys can make Toughness rolls for your targets so we can keep this moving quicker, if you want.

Toughness:
    1d20+15 22 [1d20=7]

Mikey CTS on
    edited November 2013
    Professoraptor twisted the handlebar on its Sciencycle and roared manically as it hurtled off in the direction of the robo-mole. Arriving in a position roughly 100 feet above the mechanical monstrosity, the saurian scientist activated the cycles hover function and screamed an ululating war cry before leaping into the empty air above the chaos on the streets beneath.

As the crazed dinosaur fell through the air, it extended its left arm and began steering its descent in the direction of the robo-mole. Just prior to impacting the robot, Professoraptor flexed its extended claw and looked away as the Action Science Field activated and exponentially increased the mass of the gauntlet for a brief moment.

Geth roll 1d20+11 for ACTION SCIENCE PUNCH
    Geth roll 1d20+14 for robo-mole toughness vs. DC25)

Its fall from the heavens nearing an end, Professoraptor span in the air and fired a grapple line from its gauntlet into a nearby building ensuring the triassac terror's safe return to Mother Earth.

ACTION SCIENCE PUNCH:
    1d20+11 25 [1d20=14]
    robo-mole toughness vs. DC25):
    1d20+14 17 [1d20=3]

edited November 2013
    Edited out

Gravity Punch:
    1d20+7 11 [1d20=4]
    a toughness check DC 25:
    1d20+14 26 [1d20=12]

Thomamelas on
    edited November 2013
    The heroine known as Ultimaranger waited for the perfect opportunity to strike - there were many attacks from many directions striking the great contraption, and the masked warrior waited to take perfect advantage of the situation.

The moment arrived - a weak spot!

"Ultimablade!" she shouted, bringing up the sword, "Elemental Resonance Transformation!"

In another flash of light the mystery hero's armor had changed from silvery pink to glittering aquamarine. The sword had undergone a similar transformation, now resembling a long, sweeping blade of folded damascus.

"Final Strike! Grasscutter!"

With a sudden burst of speed followed by a great backdraft of wind, the Ultimaranger jetted across the pavement, her blade out. Great speed became speed impossible for the naked eye to track and there was another huge gust as the Ultimaranger reappeared behind the creature, blade out and parallel to the earth.

And then suddenly the entire top half of the artificial menace flew off with a deafening roar of air, careening down the street fifty meters to land on a parked jetcar.
    gonna use EXTRA EFFORT to temporarily gain an Alternate Effect on the ULTIMABLADE, harnessing the power of Wind!

(dropping the Penetrating for straight up damage on the blade, raising its damage to 10. For what it matters, her speed is also going to be raised by 4 until the fight's over.)

UltimaBLADE: 1d20+7 25 shing! with the crit against the WEAK SPOT that raises the save DC to 30. i figure we're halving and then applying the penalty here so:

Robo-toughness: 1d20+5 14 YATTA!

i leave the undermensch to you!

Super Namicchi on
    edited November 2013
    Gleep dodged the flying hunk of robot nimbly.

Looking down at the ruined robot, he spotted the Undermensch sitting in the ruins of the cockpit, "Haha, I see you!"

Gleep swooped down onto the robot, skidding to a stop near the villain. The mouth panel of the suit opened up and Gleep expelled himself from the suit in a stream of green goo.

He landed, gathered himself, and flung his liquid form at the bad-guy, "Say goodnight." he yelled as he surrounded the Undermensch's head.
    So, that's a move action to land behind him. A free action to exit the suit, and a standard to use the Suffocate (Affliction affect) power on him.

Geth roll 1d10+10 for attacking Undermensch. EDIT: I'm an idiot. Wrong die type here. True roll in OOC thread.

So, I think how this works is that if that hits, Undermensch has to make a DC 16 fort check or be affected by Gleep's Suffocation power. Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated by degrees of failure. It's also progressive, so he'll suffer the next level if he fails the check next round.

attacking Undermensch:
    1d10+10 15 [1d10=5]

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
    "Ahh! Release me you disgusting thing!" screamed the Undermensch, fighting Gleep engorge his head.

Leaping from the wreckage of his once mighty mecha, he scrambled, panting and heaving for breath, for the hole his beast has dug out of. He turned around, producing a tiny toy ray gun from his pocket. "You foolish fools! You will rue the day you interfered with the plans of the the Undermensch!"

He points the weapon, pulls the trigger, and an impossibly large laser blast engulfs everything.

When the light blindness fades and world return, nearly a entire forth of the nearby building has been sheared away. There are at least five citizens screaming for help from various precarious positions - a woman hanging from a ledge about to become pavement pancake, a pair of lovers in an office trist seated stealing a moment on a scanner dangling near danger, and two more in an office room with a gas leak that could blow. Who knows know many might have simply been vaporized by the energy wave. Meanwhile, the Undermensch scrambles below ground, in poor shape nd out of breath, hoping to escape the heroes.
    Geth roll 1d20+8 vs Gleep

Geth roll 1d20+8 vs Dash Johnson

Geth roll 1d20+8 vs Ultimaranger

Geth roll 1d20+8 vs Kyle

Geth roll 1d20+8 vs Professoraptor

Geth roll 1d20+4 vs Karrin (-4 penalty for Invisibility)

If you are hit, please roll Toughness against Damage DC 27.

vs Gleep:
    1d20+8 15 [1d20=7]
    vs Dash Johnson:
    1d20+8 11 [1d20=3]
    vs Ultimaranger:
    1d20+8 13 [1d20=5]
    vs Kyle:
    1d20+8 16 [1d20=8]
    vs Professoraptor:
    1d20+8 12 [1d20=4]
    Invisibility):
    1d20+4 5 [1d20=1]

"That's it? Not even a burn? Undermensch, you are seriously the worst."

Disappointed and cranky at the lack of challenge, Dash turns his back to the little man, surveying the damage.

"Could someone clean up the diminutive dictator? I'll get the three folks hanging around. "

At least there is an excuse to do a bit more flying.

edited November 2013
    Professoraptor was speeding down to the Undermensches last known position on its Sciencycle when the blinding beam of light lanced up towards it. Throwing all of its weight to the left, the daring dinosaur executed a perfect barrel roll around the laser, yelling inanely all the while. "AAAAIIIIIIEEEEEE!! WICKED SICK!"

Touching down lightly mere feet away from the Undermensch, Professoraptor pointed an Action Science Gauntlet at the small man and fired a non lethal shock dart.
    Geth roll 1d20+18 for shock dart technology check

shock dart technology check:
    1d20+18 20 [1d20=2]

Kyle closes his eyes and imagines Undermensch wrapped up in a thousand chains as he increases the gravity around him. The air shimmering as light is bent around him with the weight.
    Geth roll 1d20+5
    Geth roll 1d20+8 DC 20 if the attack works

1d20+5 13 [1d20=8]
    DC 20 if the attack works:
    1d20+8 26 [1d20=18]

The Undermensch grabbed handfuls of Gleep's goopy form and pulled the hero away from his face. He tossed the blob of liquid away from his face

Gleep landed on a sloped piece of concrete and sprung back toward the Undermensch. "Not getting rid of me that easily." He burbled.
    Geth roll 1d20+6 for Gleep Suffocation attack check.

Geth roll 1d20+8 for Undermensch Fortitude check(DC 16)

Gleep Suffocation attack check:
    1d20+6 23 [1d20=17]
    Undermensch Fortitude check(DC 16):
    1d20+8 27 [1d20=19]

steam_sig.png
    The tremendous heat and the blinding light produced by The Undermensch's weapon were nothing compared to the raw shock of seeing a quarter of a building vanish in the blink of an eye. Karrin had spent years in offices just like that one waiting for her father to get out of meetings, and getting to know the people who worked or him. Faces, names, and voices flooded her mind as she tried not to think about how many people just like them had been blinked out of existence. As her concentration fell apart she flickered back into sight alongside of Meru, the pair of them seemingly appearing out of midair. "Are you out of your mind?! There were innocent people in that building!"

Pointing her staff at the ruined building Karrin ran through the list of every spell she'd learned on Pluto trying to think of one that would help her now. She could teleport any of the survivors to safety, but that wouldn't save them all. She could repair the damaged pipe to stop the gas explosion but that wouldn't stop anyone from plummeting to their death. "What are you doing Karrin? You can't save all of those people."

"Just watch me." Karrin steadied her hand and pictured the building as she'd seen it just a few minutes ago.

"Repairo!" Light poured off of Karrin's staff washing over the building the remnants of the structure seemed to stretch and bend repairing themselves in the blink of an eye. In a matter of seconds the entire structure had been repaired, and a faint piney aroma filled the air. Swaying she turned back towards The Undermensch trying desperately to stay on her feet. She'd just channeled more magic than she had ever dared to call upon before and she didn't want to ruin the moment by passing out. "Never screw with a Ravenclaw."
    I'm going to go ahead and use my hero point, with prior Gm approval, to repair the damaged building. That should save the hostages, prevent a gas explosion, and allow the rest of heroes to do some amazing stuff.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
    Standing up and looking behind her Sara surveyed the damage from inside her helmet that she had managed to avoid. The attack was clumsy, but it didn't need to be particularly graceful to obliterate a section of midtown. This incensed her and she stood up tall and straight, pointing the weapon at the hideous little man.

"There are rules that need to be followed in the Toku genre you little creep!" she yelled, her voice a little shrill. The little monster looked over his shoulder as he was running away into the hole and saw that she was gone.

Her armor catching the artificial sunlight she kicked off a street lamp, executing a dazzling flip before landing in front of the Undermensch, the wicked blade temporarily stowed at her back. She bore down on him, unleashing a fury of punches and palm strikes that he was entirely unprepared to deal with. After the initial flurry he stumbled backwards, dazed, and Sara grabbed him by the collar and threw him out of the hole. She followed him, placing a heeled boot on his back and pressing the Ultimablade's tip to the back of his skull.

"Now apologize!"
    Grasscutter! SHING!: 1d20+15 25 1d20+8 13

so using All-out attack (-5 defenses, +5 attack roll) with Multiattack on the blade means the damage DC is 27. I'm going to spend that free Hero point to re-roll there, because GO BIG OR GO HOME.

Grasscutter! SHING! RERORRU!: 1d20+25 34 so that ups the damage DC to 30, which means with that fort save of 13 undermensch is out of commission. the fluff is kung fu.

Sara is tired, whew!

edited November 2013
    Scrapped. Please clearly label rolls so I know what I'm looking at.

Mikey CTS on
    The Undermensch did not respond to the Ultimaranger. Because he was unconscious. It would have been quite difficult for him to respond from that state. He did make a gurgling noise as blood and drool oozed from his shattered glass jaw. Maybe that was an attempt at an apology? But I digress. Before the adrenaline can wear off the sirens of police cars can be heard getting louder as they fly in from above, swiftly followed by eager news crews hot on their tail. They officers set up a parameter as officer of strong bearing with a healthy potbelly, possibly from many years of sitting behind a desk approaches. The star pinned to the breast of his uniform read 'Captain'. As two officers haul the Undermensch to his feet and handcuff him, he strokes his salt-and-pepper mustache approvingly.

"I hadn't been informed a new sponsored hero squad had been formed," he said and removing his hat revealed his bald crown. "Funny, I heard reports of much greater damage than this. That'll save the city some money, anyway. Alright, my officers are going to need to take your names and reports. Also the name of your sponsor so credit can be given where due.

"The press is here. I know some of you hero-types relish the spotlight, others shun it. We can't keep your names out of it but you don't have to talk to them. They love new faces and can be hard to avoid, though. Who wants to give me the overview of what happened here?"
    Okay. At this point there are a few options ahead of you. You can talk to the cops, introduce yourselves to one another, brag about your exploits with the press, examine the robot, or whatever you want to do. There's also a gaping wide hole in the pavement. I'm giving you a little time to freeform it. I'll pull the trigger on my next post Sunday night.

Landing with the grace of much practice, Kyle looks around and gestures to a passing police officer. His voice taking on the tone of pleasant politeness with an understanding that failing to answer is simply out of the question. Basically the tone of someone quite used to servants. "You there. The blast that hit us was quite powerful if ineffective but seemed to damage the buildings. How is this possible? What manner of construction allows for this?"

Gleep slid away from the unconscious Undermensch and moved back to his humanoid suit. He wrapped two pseudopods around the suit's neck and pulled himself back through the mouth hole.

Once situated back in the suit, he stood up and walked over to the captain, "I'm Gleep. And I'm not sponsored ... yet." He'd raised the subject with Doctor Valerie and others at the university a few times, but he'd never gotten a definite answer. Maybe by forcing the issue, he'd get results. Though he expected another lecture about his 'Issues with Impulse Control' in the near future. "I've never met any of these other sentients before, though I like their style."

steam_sig.png