[FFXIV:ARR] Old 2.15 Patch thread.

19293959798

Posts

  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    vamen wrote: »
    Bravely Default put me in the FF14 mood (of which I only played a little bit on the rerelease), so I decided to just browse the thread to get my fill. Then that v-day photo made me want to play. Must...resist.

    What's that? You want me to delve into my 8 gigs worth of FFXIV screenshots and post more stuff to show you how awesome the game is?

    Well if you insist, I'll get right on that once I get home from work!

    No need:
    m0U3Rfk.jpg

    I'm weak.
    Not that I'd say no to seeing awesome screenshots..I have not been to the screenshot thread in a few moons.
    *wanders over*

    vamen on
    DelphinidaesGroveSionnach RuaCorehealerStolls
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    One of us!

    Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
    vamen
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    I put off the Valentine's Day event until the last possible moment and I'm glad I ended up doing it before it poofed. Easily the most miserable and misanthropic Valentine's event ever A++ would play accomplice to the destruction of true love again.

    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
    AxenDelphinidaesIshtaarAngelHedgieStolls
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2014
    I don't think that's what it was. I mean, there were no happy endings, but not because of anything you did.

    I mean, I feel worse for the Valentone lady. She feels compelled to stand out in public getting wolf whistled and cat called because tradition.

    Just_Bri_Thanks on
    We are the skeletons in our closets.
    We are the monsters under our beds.
    YukiraCorehealer
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I also said I wouldn't make a lalafell, but I'm weak there too, apparently. But LOOK at this glorious mustache, how could I say no?!
    6FoHrE9.jpg

    Sionnach Ruadrunkenpandaren
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    You could say no by sticking to your standards and not making a Falafell.

    Corehealeram0n
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    You wound me. I'm taking my mustache and going home.

  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    It was nice to have something different than your typical sappy hallmark Valentines day thing (Although there was plenty o that via the Players themselves :) ). This event was very interesting in that regard.

    Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    IshtaarSkeithStilts
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    You wound me. I'm taking my mustache and going home.

    Don't forget your shag carpet and bell bottoms.

    CorehealerValleo
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I don't think that's what it was. I mean, there were no happy endings, but not because of anything you did.

    I mean, I feel worse for the Valentone lady. She feels compelled to stand out in public getting wolf whistled and cat called because tradition.

    Bro with all the shit you did for Yellow Moon you are probably an accomplice to manslaughter. There is no dodging responsibility on this one. The protagonist is an agent of heartbreak.

    Clearly this is all subliminal messaging by the devs to tell us human emotions and relationships are ultimately futile so GET BACK TO GRINDING LOOT.

    Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    I don't think that's what it was. I mean, there were no happy endings, but not because of anything you did.

    I mean, I feel worse for the Valentone lady. She feels compelled to stand out in public getting wolf whistled and cat called because tradition.

    Bro with all the shit you did for Yellow Moon you are probably an accomplice to manslaughter. There is no dodging responsibility on this one. The protagonist is an agent of heartbreak.

    Clearly this is all subliminal messaging by the devs to tell us human emotions and relationships are ultimately futile so GET BACK TO GRINDING LOOT.

    xcomic_vday.png.pagespeed.ic.fVD0S8WEMC.png

    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I really wish I'd been around for that event after all the comments I keep seeing.

  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    I really wish I'd been around for that event after all the comments I keep seeing.

    All the events have been pretty awesome thus far, so I don't think you'll be disappointed by future events :)

    They typically don't take much time to do, and pretty inclusive and you get neat event gear

    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    I really wish I'd been around for that event after all the comments I keep seeing.

    All the events have been pretty awesome thus far, so I don't think you'll be disappointed by future events :)

    They typically don't take much time to do, and pretty inclusive and you get neat event gear

    After 2.2 goes live, all FC groups should be required to use the ghost costume for the duration of whatever is happening.

    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

    DelphinidaesSionnach Rua
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    vamen wrote: »
    I really wish I'd been around for that event after all the comments I keep seeing.

    The writing in this game is pretty good all around. I have to remind myself to slow down and read. The plot isn't super clever or original and the game knows it. It knows that it's a silly anime at best. But the writers go about it in a really charmingly good natured way, with a lot of wordplay. I think the translators are cripplingly addicted to puns.

    Also it constantly mocks you for being the protagonist.

    Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
    Ishtaar
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    I don't think that's what it was. I mean, there were no happy endings, but not because of anything you did.

    I mean, I feel worse for the Valentone lady. She feels compelled to stand out in public getting wolf whistled and cat called because tradition.

    Bro with all the shit you did for Yellow Moon you are probably an accomplice to manslaughter. There is no dodging responsibility on this one. The protagonist is an agent of heartbreak.

    Clearly this is all subliminal messaging by the devs to tell us human emotions and relationships are ultimately futile so GET BACK TO GRINDING LOOT.

    xcomic_vday.png.pagespeed.ic.fVD0S8WEMC.png

    Look. She wanted all that toxic crap, and they wanted to give it to her knowing what she was doing with it. The only tragedy here is that any of the stupid survived.

    We are the skeletons in our closets.
    We are the monsters under our beds.
    Delphinidaesam0n
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Many months ago on September 2010 me and my brother bought the CE's of FF14 1.0, made characters and were immediately disappointed.

    Fast-forward to the present, he sees me having fun with 2.0 and wants jump on in as well. Does anyone know, since he has FF14 1.0 registered on his account, if he can log into the Mogstation and download the 2.0 game? So he can retrieve his old 1.0 character, items, etc.

  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yes

    We are the skeletons in our closets.
    We are the monsters under our beds.
    Riokenn
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Awesome. Thanks! Do you know if he would be able to continue playing with his 1.0 character if he buys FF14 for the PS4? (He's debating weather to continue playing it on the PC or Console. The controller handles surprisingly well with this game)

    Riokenn on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I believe so, yes. Same accounts, same servers.

    We are the skeletons in our closets.
    We are the monsters under our beds.
    Riokenn
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    I don't think that's what it was. I mean, there were no happy endings, but not because of anything you did.

    I mean, I feel worse for the Valentone lady. She feels compelled to stand out in public getting wolf whistled and cat called because tradition.

    Bro with all the shit you did for Yellow Moon you are probably an accomplice to manslaughter. There is no dodging responsibility on this one. The protagonist is an agent of heartbreak.

    Clearly this is all subliminal messaging by the devs to tell us human emotions and relationships are ultimately futile so GET BACK TO GRINDING LOOT.

    xcomic_vday.png.pagespeed.ic.fVD0S8WEMC.png

    Look. She wanted all that toxic crap, and they wanted to give it to her knowing what she was doing with it. The only tragedy here is that any of the stupid survived.

    As it so happens the quest explicitly confirms that they don't realize the nonsensical assortment of monster bits are in any way connected to the chocolates.

    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • TofystedethTofystedeth veni, veneri, vamoosi Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    vamen wrote: »
    I really wish I'd been around for that event after all the comments I keep seeing.

    The writing in this game is pretty good all around. I have to remind myself to slow down and read. The plot isn't super clever or original and the game knows it. It knows that it's a silly anime at best. But the writers go about it in a really charmingly good natured way, with a lot of wordplay. I think the translators are cripplingly addicted to puns.

    Also it constantly mocks you for being the protagonist.

    Oh yeah. It's terribly self aware. The quest added in 2.1 where the guy is bemoaning the fact that there's all these adventurers in revenant's toll but they're all too busy hanging out at Rhowena's shop to do guild hests made me laugh out loud.

    Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth veni, veneri, vamoosi Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Doublepost

    Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    I don't think that's what it was. I mean, there were no happy endings, but not because of anything you did.

    I mean, I feel worse for the Valentone lady. She feels compelled to stand out in public getting wolf whistled and cat called because tradition.

    Bro with all the shit you did for Yellow Moon you are probably an accomplice to manslaughter. There is no dodging responsibility on this one. The protagonist is an agent of heartbreak.

    Clearly this is all subliminal messaging by the devs to tell us human emotions and relationships are ultimately futile so GET BACK TO GRINDING LOOT.

    xcomic_vday.png.pagespeed.ic.fVD0S8WEMC.png

    Look. She wanted all that toxic crap, and they wanted to give it to her knowing what she was doing with it. The only tragedy here is that any of the stupid survived.

    As it so happens the quest explicitly confirms that they don't realize the nonsensical assortment of monster bits are in any way connected to the chocolates.

    I don't recall seeing that, but I'll concede the point because my memory sucks.

    We are the skeletons in our closets.
    We are the monsters under our beds.
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    1599EFB89C824AB50FA099805840E2A74C824BC0

    Gods I cannot wait to be rid of this tin cat suit.

    488W936.png
    Stilts
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I agree with Biggs Wedge.

    Lulu outfit for black mages would be raaaaaaaad.

    Oh, and give me Rikku's FFX outfit for monks and I'd immediately start levelling monk to 50.

    IKknkhU.gif
    vamenIshtaar
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Your cricketbat is very understated.

    Corehealer
  • VoranthVoranth MI NOMBRE, POR CIERTO ES DONTÉ!Registered User regular
    Broke down and started playing this game the other day. Having a blast so far! Love the writing, music, graphics, and general Final Fantasy trappings.

    Any chance I can get an invite to the FC? My character's name is Galatea Bosch. Thanks in advance :D

    camo_sig2.png
    PS4: Voranth
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    The tin can is the best armor in the game Corehealer, learn to love it. Nothing is more amusing than when a cutscene pans to the tin can for a reaction shot and it's *blank stare*

    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
    Corehealer
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Most of the reaction shots are a blank stare for about half of the shot until your character goes "Oh yeah, I'm supposed to emote here."

    StiltsCorehealer
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    FB7FpNE.jpg

    Moments like this keep me in the game.

    YukiraGreg USNStollsmori1972
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    FF14 certainly has to be one of the prettiest mmos out there, which is all the more impressive since it runs like butter for me, when many less pretty games chug.
    It has a lot of nice touches I appreciated. They seemed to have gotten the lighting JUST right, and Limsa Lominsa at night has got to be one of the most stunning places I've seen in a game.
    Also a small thing, but I really like how my cloak sways in the breeze and if I turn around, it flaps on the otherside of me just as you'd expect if it was real wind. Little touches like that really draw me into a game's atmosphere.

  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Oh goddammit, I'm an idiot.

    I thought the Valentione's Day event lasted 'til the 24th, just like the Lightning event.

    Bought a Bitter Chocolate on the market to complete the quest, but whoops, it's not there anymore!

    IKknkhU.gif
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Tin can you say?

    ZvWCaZr.png

    Corehealer
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Even the Elvaan botanists are fabulous.

    1otq.jpg

    We are the skeletons in our closets.
    We are the monsters under our beds.
    vagrant_winds
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    So I joined the free company. Is there a reason to join the FC but not the linkshell, or should I join both or what? I don't really know the difference between the two.

  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2014
    Free company is the 'guild'. Linkshells are basically party lines, used for general chat by smaller cliques within the free company or for specific purposes, like raiding.

    Just_Bri_Thanks on
    We are the skeletons in our closets.
    We are the monsters under our beds.
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Ahh gotcha. Well then the FC will do just fine for now I suppose. Probably a while before I need to worry about things like raiding!
    Thanks =)

  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    These guild start messages are increasingly making me D:, like so:

    E176F0BD54E480C4252E00908F1B6403DC84FCEE

    488W936.png
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Redolent Rose is just being honest. Weaving is a giant pain in the butt to level, because of all the sub-steps to make just about anything.

    steam_sig.png
    StiltsValleoEtiowsa
Sign In or Register to comment.