As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokemon: The muscles that will make the future bright!

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    @Beasteh are people going adamant or jolly with kangaskhan

i went with Jolly but between the fact that i'm using fake out and sucker punch and want to replace return with body slam i'm thinking adamant might be better? I dunno i can see pros and cons to both

adamant because fuck you i got 100 speed and 125 attack you'd better believe im abusing it

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    but 110 speed is better than 100 speeeeeeeeed

• Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    Dys wrote: »
    Yeah, how was that information even obtained?

I thought datamining 3DS games wasn't possible at the moment.

apparently through entering their names on the gts, those names being obtained from an old copyright list

entering their names properly capitalizes them

whereas adding something like PIKABLU doesn't

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    or just start copywriting random words

Cahiranddesk

• Options
    edited October 2013
    @Shen is this kanga worth using? I could breed with a max attack ditto to give it good attack and speed right?

Beasteh on
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Beasteh are people going adamant or jolly with kangaskhan

i went with Jolly but between the fact that i'm using fake out and sucker punch and want to replace return with body slam i'm thinking adamant might be better? I dunno i can see pros and cons to both

Who do you want to outspeed with Jolly? http://www.smogon.com/bw/articles/ouspeed_tiers

236 neutral no investment, 299 neutral full investment, 328 positive full investment. Rock Tomb is an option over Body Slam to half the speed of a switch-in. Lots of fun options for Kanga.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options

fake out and sucker punch ameliorate this somewhat

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Klendy wrote: »
    the pokemon company needs to forgo copyrights in the future to avoid an issue like this.

and therefore allow us fair use for an awesome mmorpg

"you know what pokemon could really use? more grinding, intrinsic engagement with its most insufferable poopsockers, and a less-interesting combat engine."

• Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    Stalling before I go to fight the Elite 4. I know it will be super easy for me to beat them, with my main four being over level 80 and the ideal types for three of the battles, but I want to finish a lot of the dex first. I've got about 268 pokemon registered right now. Did the crazy person thing and set up my boxes to hold every pokemon in numerical order again. It's the Kalos orders first, but I will make it national order once I know the specific order of all the new things.

That's probably up on serebii. But national dex numbers are the one spoiler I plan to avoid.

juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    @Shen is this kanga worth using? I could breed with a max attack ditto to give it good attack and speed right?

Oh, did I give you a dud? It should have 31 in attack/def/SpD/speed. Got plenty of others if it's a bad one.

ladi.png
  • Options
    its got perfect speed but not attack

• Options
    'superior potential' though

• Options
    Can swap it for a hp/atk/spD/speed one, though I can't make any promises about the defence :P

ladi.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Huh, I only just noticed there's no trio of legendary thing aside from the cover legendaries in this game. Isn't there always a trio?

• Options
    KlendyKlendy Goomy GoomyGoomyRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    the pokemon company needs to forgo copyrights in the future to avoid an issue like this.

"you know what pokemon could really use? more grinding, intrinsic engagement with its most insufferable poopsockers, and a less-interesting combat engine."

nah, man, an awesome mmo

goomyisall400.jpg

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »

fake out and sucker punch ameliorate this somewhat

Yeah, spending a ton of stat points so you can speed-tie with some stuff and have a 50% chance of acting first is kind of wasteful when you have that much priority to abuse. There isn't a whole lot between the 80s and the 100s that I can think of.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

nah, man, an awesome mmo

I know those words but that sentence makes no sense

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Okay, so working on my team. So far I've got

Noivern as a special sweeper
    Dedenne as a annoyer
    Aridos just so I can see if sticky webs have potential

And potentially Abamasnow, although he would really need trick room to set him up

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    does anyone have pikachus in their friend safari? With the buffed speed a lightning rod raichu actually seems fairly usable

• Options
    edited October 2013
    bait an electric move with a gyarados or whatever

bring in raichu and get a sp. atk boost

use encore to force another sp. atk boost

sweep away

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Huh, I only just noticed there's no trio of legendary thing aside from the cover legendaries in this game. Isn't there always a trio?

The trio this time around is
    The original birds, although you have to chase them like 10 times before you can try to catch them, or so I've heard.

• Options
    wish + volt switch would be neat but you really don't have room for it

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Hey so also guys I guess I should post it here

My FC is 4742 - 5997 - 1992

Can someone tell me what my friend safari is from work, or do you need to wait for me to log on?

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

The trio this time around is
    The original birds, although you have to chase them like 10 times before you can try to catch them, or so I've heard.

This is innaccurate.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    pretty sure you can only get one
    Of the legendary birds.

• Options
    SingleCellSingleCell San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Has anyone gone through and cataloged all the Friend Safaris yet?? Essentially what I'm wondering is, does anyone out there have a Ditto FS?

3DS FC: 1091 8702 0118
    Shuppet / Pumpkaboo / Drifblim,
  • Options
    SingleCellSingleCell San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Arch wrote: »

Can someone tell me what my friend safari is from work, or do you need to wait for me to log on?
    Hey I added you, add me and I'll let you know what your FS is.

1091 8702 0118

3DS FC: 1091 8702 0118
    Shuppet / Pumpkaboo / Drifblim,
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Yeah that thing is based off the starter you picked (the one the professor gives, not the one you get from your friends).

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    pretty sure you can only get one
    Of the legendary birds.

Ah.

• Options
    SingleCell wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »

Hey I added you, add me and I'll let you know what your FS is.

1091 8702 0118

I'll do this when I get home- that is what I was curious about. I'm at work right now.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    @Bendery Like Beckham your third pokemon in Friend Safari is Dusklops. I discovered this by finding a shiny one! Yesssss.

• Options
    Yeah that thing is based off the starter you picked (the one the professor gives, not the one you get from your friends).

no i think you've got that backwards.

could be wrong but all the things i've seen seen say otherwise.

• Options
    RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    I think I'm gona have to train a minimize batton pass drifloon. I was goofing around with one in ubers on showdown and its adorable beating up arceus with low tier stuff.
    Also, @Rorus Raz 2148-8158-1885 if you want to add me to the list :D.

• Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    How viable is a sylveon with substitute-rest-sleeptalk-draining kiss?
    and
    How cute is a sylveon who fights by summoning a doll, going to sleep and kissing you in its sleep?

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    Campion wrote: »
    How viable is a sylveon with substitute-rest-sleeptalk-draining kiss?
    and
    How cute is a sylveon who fights by summoning a doll, going to sleep and kissing you in its sleep?

super cute

• Options
    QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    I want to finish the game so I can finally become smogon but I'm too addicted to catching Eevees, giving them Pokerus and Jaegar names from Pacific Rim and Wonder Trading them to every Japanese child in the world

I will join the wall of friendship @Rorus Raz - 2895-7669-6930

PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Options
    So, trying to think about this

Is fairy one of the better offensive types for coverage?

Am I missing something here?

Like it hits so few pokemon for 1/2 damage, and almost none for 1/4 damage

My point is fairy types have at least a lot of neutral coverage

• Options
    drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    @Arch I added you

did you still want that shiny clawitzer

a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pokemon White FC: 2623 5026 2422 SS: 2150 9795 3738 Black: 4212 6128 9776
    Black2: 1593 2528 7190 3DS:0216-0910-3881 LoL:drp527
  • Options
    drp527 wrote: »
    @Arch I added you

did you still want that shiny clawitzer

Yes! I need to chain a skrelp, but probably won't be able to trade until tomorrow or the next day (yayyy grad school)

• Options
    I keep seeing on Smogon references to the "special attacks nerf" and I have no idea what that means

This discussion has been closed.