As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] is Radioactive! That Can't be Good!

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Do you put cheese in the olives?

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    GTAO is basically what MMOs try to promise and fail to deliver on

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Do you put cheese in the olives?

Sometimes!

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    The only thing better than cheese in the general vicinity of olives is cheese inside olives

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

That's a bold assertion coming from a City of Heroes vet.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    And I mean in absolute terms, not just in the context of cheese and olives

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    BobCesca wrote: »
    That was hilerical.

japan robbed a 247; the clerk ran out of the store and was mowed down by the cop car coming to investigate :lol:

I was running around, punching people and running away. Eventually, someone called the cops and they pull up to the intersection where I parked my car. As I'm opening the door and about to get in, the cops start shooting. BUT! They don't manage to hit me even once. They did, however, take out two pedestrians that started to panic when the shots started.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Ell you are the sweetest.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Quid wrote: »
    I keep Shivahn grounded with my fantastical assortment of olives and cheese.

Maybe if I consumed less than a billion pounds of them I would be able to fly, yes.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Clonezilla, y u no expand my partition?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
    The current lore of the Mass Effect universe is pretty much fucked thanks to the ending decision. They really, really shot themselves in the foot, it is so hard to start a story from it. And they have well established the quick rise of humanity among the stars and pretty much all important events in them, meaning prequels are pretty much out (If you want humans to feature at all).

My best solution is: Move it to Andromeda. It's a new galaxy, conveniently about 20x as far away as ours, within plausible range but not in range of ME tech, so you move the timeline forward.
    Bonus: You get to introduce a ton of new aliens while keeping the old one, you can write conflicts with much more freedom (Maybe make some hamfisted colonial statements), and then maybe reveal that this Galaxy has some horrible secret too, and if you don't act soon enough it'll go back to the Milky Way. But you're cut off from home due to the long travel time, so you have to work it out without huge backing!

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Weird, the Mountain Dew/Doritos Xbone promotion has displays here in Canada but Canadians aren't eligible.

weak sauce

apparently I lied

every2minutes.com is the US promotion

wineveryhour.ca is the canadian promotion

going to win me an xbone

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    LaOs wrote: »
    That was hilerical.

japan robbed a 247; the clerk ran out of the store and was mowed down by the cop car coming to investigate :lol:

I was running around, punching people and running away. Eventually, someone called the cops and they pull up to the intersection where I parked my car. As I'm opening the door and about to get in, the cops start shooting. BUT! They don't manage to hit me even once. They did, however, take out two pedestrians that started to panic when the shots started.

I thought this was a video game, not a scientifically accurate simulation.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    That was hilerical.

Realism!

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Hrm, do y'all remember that code i had trouble with yesterday?

It still don't work. :(

• Options
    That was hilerical.

It sounds like both

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    now this is a pandering advertisement

(rehosted to imgur so they don't get page hits)

QqRxvHL.gif

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    That was hilerical.

Boom goes the dynamite, LAPD

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I'm in a really crappy depressing mall

But they have these like, magic pictures for sale 50% off outside some completely unattended store called oriental arts and crafts selling little Buddhas and fans and such

It's the kind of picture where when you walk by, depending on your angle it shows different things. But it's the most bizarre one I've ever seen.

One of them is like, dolphins, other angle is dolphins from a different angle. Another is elephants in Africa that becomes a stalking cheetah.

This one is Marilyn Monroe, James dean, Elvis Presley and frank Sinatra in a bar. The other angle is Wrestlemania 24 with the Big show, triple h, John cena, edge, etc

What is this

Why does it exist

Why does the sticker say it will make a great gift

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    working from home was clearly the right choice cause i got to nap

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

But they have these like, magic pictures for sale 50% off outside some completely unattended store called oriental arts and crafts selling little Buddhas and fans and such

It's the kind of picture where when you walk by, depending on your angle it shows different things. But it's the most bizarre one I've ever seen.

One of them is like, dolphins, other angle is dolphins from a different angle. Another is elephants in Africa that becomes a stalking cheetah.

This one is Marilyn Monroe, James dean, Elvis Presley and frank Sinatra in a bar. The other angle is Wrestlemania 24 with the Big show, triple h, John cena, edge, etc

What is this

Why does it exist

because it would hint hint

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

That's a bold assertion coming from a City of Heroes vet.

you actually feel like you are in a world, doing stuff, interacting with other players who are doing their own things, living their own lives

the gameplay is actually fun and dynamic instead of auto-attacking ten boars for their livers

it turns out you don't actually need a "massive" world with thousands of players simultaneously running around to actually feel immersive

a dozen or so is enough

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    an oldie but goodie

2010-11-01-Running-On-Fumes.jpg

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    working from home was clearly the right choice cause i got to nap

I'm jealous!

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

What is this

Why does it exist

I'm in a clients home which has a 3D Eagle picture (framed, dark stained fake wood, classy as fuck).

If it matters: Clients home is a stereotypical Native American house on a stereotypical reservation.

Judge as you see fit.

• Options
    YrXbtSE.jpg

• Options
    bounty hunting in GTAO is amazingly fun

either as the hunter or the hunted

sometimes when you steal high end cars the NPC owners will put bounties on your head for it

i stole a car because i was too lazy to call my mechanic to deliver my personal vehicle, decided to do some clothes shopping

while i am shopping, i am informed that there's a several thousand dollar bounty on my head

suddenly, like 6+ white blips on my minimap change course in unison and start rapidly approaching my location

other players

i pay for my merchandise

sigh

exit the store, don my body armor underneath my new jacket

take out my rifle

and prepare

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Skmyyy5.jpg

I lol'ed for real

A contender with the Enrico Dondalo 'I am doge' picture for best shibe thing ever

• Options
    most of today i have just been playing golf by myself, trying to improve my game a bit

came out of a game a while ago and a guy was standing there having just finished his own game, and we got into chatting about our scores and shared tips and stuff

good times

then in the distance we heard an explosion, some dude was being chased by the cops and was tossing explosives from his car

we had a good laugh

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    jakobagger wrote: »
    Skmyyy5.jpg

I lol'ed for real

A contender with the Enrico Dondalo 'I am doge' picture for best shibe thing ever

http://replygif.net/i/159.gif

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    The world is radioactive!

ku-bigpic.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

(welcome to the new age the new age)

http://gizmodo.com/what-the-world-would-look-like-if-you-could-actually-se-846030448

I'm really interested with the expansion of sensors with things like smartphones for visualization. Tying a thermal camera sensor into Google glass like display integrated into the visor of a firefighter's helmet could provide a great deal of useful data. Or giving IT departments a way to visualize Wi-Fi dead spots.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    jakobagger wrote: »
    Skmyyy5.jpg

I lol'ed for real

http://replygif.net/i/159.gif

I'm a fan of "Not Wow"

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    GTAO having golf reminds me of Yakuza 3...

Does GTAO also require you to go out for fine dining?

21stCentury on
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    God that mall stinks

The store I wanted to go to was locked up because its one employee was on lunch break. When I finally get in, the debit reader is broken. I get cash, come back, and don't even get my exact change because the register doesn't have enough in it

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    My girlfriend thinks I like Aubrey Plaza because "she's kind of shiba inu, like you."

• Options
    if you own an apartment in GTAO (or are visiting someone else's) you can watch TV, which includes news reports on local criminal activity. If someone is currently being chased by the cops, you can watch a live news chopper feed of the chase. Sometimes this is really entertaining!

• Options

no, currently the only food you can eat are convenience store snacks

they plan to expand that, though

• Options

no, currently the only food you can eat are convenience store snacks

they plan to expand that, though

I see.

I spent an idiotic amount of time in Yakuza 3 going in every restaurant eand eating all the different foods to fill out the food list.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    The world is radioactive!

ku-bigpic.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

(welcome to the new age the new age)

http://gizmodo.com/what-the-world-would-look-like-if-you-could-actually-se-846030448

I'm really interested with the expansion of sensors with things like smartphones for visualization. Tying a thermal camera sensor into Google glass like display integrated into the visor of a firefighter's helmet could provide a great deal of useful data. Or giving IT departments a way to visualize Wi-Fi dead spots.

They are using nanobots to test for bloodclots via urine.

It can't be long until we can drive cars at night without headlights.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I keep Shivahn grounded with my fantastical assortment of olives and cheese.

I keep Shiv grounded by saying she's a loose cannon and she's dangerous and there's no way she's getting in my aircraft with that attitude.

This discussion has been closed.