As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pfft..I wish..

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    So, looks like I probably qualify for financial assistance on my hospital bill!

Once that goes through, I'll be able to slice 2k off my donation goals!

On the relationship front, Becca and I are going to leave relationship discussions alone for a month. Which is good for her because of the extreme anxiety it causes.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I wish there was a place in this town where I could go see a midnight movie.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    I detest more than mild occasional selfishness in people

it is probably my most hated personality trait

most shitty behavior tends to be quite selfish in nature though I suppose so it makes sense

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I detest more than mild occasional selfishness in people

it is probably my most hated personality trait

most shitty behavior tends to be quite selfish in nature though I suppose so it makes sense

I agree with you, but selfishness is a vague enough of a trait to make me always question what I consider selfish behavior. Gotta get hard with the line of what is acceptable.

I get into an unhealthy place over this when approaching people. That I'm just being selfish trying to get enjoyment from this interaction instead of trying to make it enjoyable to the recipient. Who I don't know well enough to accomplish that. So I better not approach people just wait for them to attempt something.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    sometimes, you got to be selfish to take care of your own needs

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Of course. The point is be absolutely sure of what you consider acceptable and why. I agree with Swordfights, but I know how dangerous this thought process can be.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    smof wrote: »
    I wonder how many people you infected

I'm scared to find out.

I'm from one of those families where adults don't go to the doctor unless they are physically incapacitated. I believed I just had a 'bad cold' and apparently believed it hard-enough where the woman at the clinic who tested me went wide-eyed that I'd gone to work for weeks with mono. Her response was "Wow, I give you credit for even being able to stand straight right now."

I was put on steroids for months and I couldn't make fluid contact with anyone in all that time while I recovered. That was a bummer let me tell you.

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    I wished for three pounds of chuck roast, ginger, tomatoes, onions and beef broth
    all in exchange for twenty two of my dollars
    and lo the Lord Mammon did deliver such unto me

now it is stewing time

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Tam wrote: »
    I wished for three pounds of chuck roast, ginger, tomatoes, onions and beef broth
    all in exchange for twenty two of my dollars
    and lo the Lord Mammon did deliver such unto me

now it is stewing time

It must be The Secret. You're really good at wishing for things.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    should I put peas in this
    I feel like they would work

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I wish tam would invite me over for dinner, that sounds delicious

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    should I put peas in this
    I feel like they would work

I'm wishing for you to put peas in that because it does sound good.

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    Is it ... can it be ...

....fresh ginger?

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    I wish I had a car so I could run to the store really quickly for a few ingredients to make chicken with apples. Walking 3/4ths of a mile to the bus to then have an hour-long round-trip plus the time it takes to grab the stuff and then walking back with the groceries has killed my initiative.

• Options
    if my mom ever found out I was using any non-fresh form of ginger, she'd reach across time and space and slap me so hard upside the head, it'd drive me clear through the center of the earth

• Options
    I actually would invite you all to dinner if I could because there is nothing better in life than friends gathered around a good meal

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    but tam

what if I hate ginger

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    but tam

what if I hate ginger
    cTrjEqt.png

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    WHOA WHOA NO NO I TAKE IT BACK

• Options
    Gatsby wrote: »
    but tam

what if I hate ginger

are you familiar with the old robot saying

"does not compute"?

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    Of course. The point is be absolutely sure of what you consider acceptable and why. I agree with Swordfights, but I know how dangerous this thought process can be.
    Dubh's post isnt the selfish I mind

I make my posts vague because when I get specific I can't shut up

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    I stand fidgeting before my preparation
    wondering if some cardamom is too far

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Dubh's post isnt the selfish I mind

I make my posts vague because when I get specific I can't shut up

I dunno I got what you mean I think

ancendote
    like I love my cousin but the way he talks about work makes it seem like he's the foundation of the work place or the some of his problems revolve around him never being at fault, and in the instances I've heard both sides of the story i'm just like "dude... you did do something wrong, your accusations of the other party are misplaced and petty"
    I would define it as a certain lack of respect for others feelings or the refusal to contemplate another persons point of view in complete determination for personal gain??

maybe not

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    I actually would invite you all to dinner if I could because there is nothing better in life than friends gathered around a good meal

dang, Tam. Make me love you more, whydontcha

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    I wish I had a car so I could run to the store really quickly for a few ingredients to make chicken with apples. Walking 3/4ths of a mile to the bus to then have an hour-long round-trip plus the time it takes to grab the stuff and then walking back with the groceries has killed my initiative.

How are you so far from a shop? Do you live on the moon?

• Options
    Bogey is the Illuminati of the forums

The shadow government controlling all the rules from behind the scenes

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    Bogey is the Illuminati of the forums

The shadow government controlling all the rules from behind the scenes

Is he the guy that papist conspiracy orc dude has been PMing me about every now and then?

488W936.png
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    God, that guy...

• Options

How are you so far from a shop? Do you live on the moon?

I wish.

I live in the Atlanta suburbs. There are grocery stores littering the whole countryside but I live at the very back of a housing development and the buses only come by every 45 minutes at most and stop seemingly every quarter-mile.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    That's bonkers. How big is the housing development?

I don't think I've lived more than a 15 minute walk from a shop in my entire life.

• Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    i wish i didnt get so worked up over wondering if someone will get back to me

sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I wish the other foreigners I knew in Japan weren't such thin skinned, whiny, negative nancies.

They are generally fun people to be around but I am getting very sick of the constant bitch fests about every little thing they don't like about Japan.

I am especially tired of people ragging on stuff that is the same in their home country. Like, someone's school had a scheduled visit by an important government official coming up so they were doing a ton of last minute cleaning and prepping special lessons. And the person was going on about how dumb Japan is for this and how this won't give a real impression of how the school is.

What the hell do you think happens with every scheduled visit from an important person everywhere in the entire world? The exact damn same thing.

• Options

I don't think I've lived more than a 15 minute walk from a shop in my entire life.

About a mile deep, all up-and-down hills too which is the worst part and maybe a quarter-mile wide at worst. It just extends into the woods on a windy-ass road. Takes me 15 minutes just to get to the front gate when walking.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I wish the other foreigners I knew in Japan weren't such thin skinned, whiny, negative nancies.

They are generally fun people to be around but I am getting very sick of the constant bitch fests about every little thing they don't like about Japan.

I am especially tired of people ragging on stuff that is the same in their home country. Like, someone's school had a scheduled visit by an important government official coming up so they were doing a ton of last minute cleaning and prepping special lessons. And the person was going on about how dumb Japan is for this and how this won't give a real impression of how the school is.

What the hell do you think happens with every scheduled visit from an important person everywhere in the entire world? The exact damn same thing.

That happens literally everywhere, in every profession. That person is an idiot.

We did that shit at our forward base in Iraq. This was a base where I could literally throw a rock and hit a taller building not under our control. A base where anyone who felt like it could walk by and pop shots at us. And here we were picking up trash to make the place look nice for brass coming through.

TheStig on
  • Options
    Hey Inquisitor, what city are you living in now? My little sister is doing a study abroad in Osaka so I'm finding your stories of the experience over there incredibly insightful.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Hey Inquisitor, what city are you living in now? My little sister is doing a study abroad in Osaka so I'm finding your stories of the experience over there incredibly insightful.

My closest big city is Sendai but I actually live out in the country side. I hope your little sister is enjoying her study abroad in Osaka! I got to visit there and it really is a lovely city. Full of life and vigor, and, on the whole, the people there are very warm and friendly. It's the area where I have had the most strangers come up and just start talking to me, or asking if I needed help if I looked lost. One guy just walked by and smiled at me and handed me a rose. Really good food too!

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

About a mile deep, all up-and-down hills too which is the worst part and maybe a quarter-mile wide at worst. It just extends into the woods on a windy-ass road. Takes me 15 minutes just to get to the front gate when walking.

Is it worthwhile getting a bike? I only got one at the beginning of the year but once you get into the mentality of, yes I can ride that far, they are super useful! It's just annoying I can't fit a pizza on mine or I'd never get delivery.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    I wish I wasn't sick anymore.

This god damned flu.

If you have the energy/wherewithal to operate a computer I posit that you do not have actual flu.

For a while, I did, and had a couple spells where I could barely even sit up comfortably.

The actual flu part is mostly over with by now, but this stupid cough and congestion just refuses to fucking leave.

I'm sick of fucking coughing up gunk constantly, every day, and it's driving me fucking mad.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Blake T wrote: »

Is it worthwhile getting a bike? I only got one at the beginning of the year but once you get into the mentality of, yes I can ride that far, they are super useful! It's just annoying I can't fit a pizza on mine or I'd never get delivery.

I had one for awhile before I crashed on it one too many times and left it chained to a bike rack until I decided to replace the tires again... which I never did and then it got stolen. A bike might make some trips go by quicker but I couldn't carry groceries or laundry on it which wouldn't make it very useful overall, plus the hills I mentioned before are steep and numerous and I'd rather walk up a hill than try to peddle a bike up it. It's not really a reasonable solution for my current situation. I wish it was, I really do.

• Options
    DelaneyDelaney Registered User regular

Chicken with apples? I don't think I have heard of this, but it sounds intriguing.

"I will participate in the game. It's a wonderful, wonderful opera, except that it hurts." - Joseph Campbell

Steam: delaney_a