As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon thread] Download the patch that fixes the Lumiose City bug now

1939495969799»

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Chen wrote: »
    Lumiose City Pokécenter

Thanks Chen. :)

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Sevorak wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    So, I've discovered a new level of absolute horror: Ninjask set-up for a baton pass into Mega-Kangaskhan.

The Ninjask's ability gets him speed every turn, then he runs Protect, Swords Dance, and Baton Pass and has a Focus Sash.

Turn 1 the Ninjask Protects, then turn 2 it Swords Dances, and you can't kill it then due to Focus Sash. So at the very least, when the Mega-Kangaskhan comes out it will have 2x Speed and 2x Attack.

Fun!

I'm trying to work out how to beat it, seems you either have to do something to disable the Ninjask on turn 2, or use the opportunity to get your own set-up running to take out Kangaskhan as he comes in.

Baton Pass passes Perish Song onto the incoming mon. And Perish Song hits through Protect!

There's also the possibility of throwing a priority move at Ninjask before it Passes out.

But this does present an interesting opportunity.

Would I be better served by using Ninjask to pass to Kangaskhan, instead of using Florges as an Aromatherapist? Or maybe replace Volcarona?

And should Kangaskhan run Crunch/Sucker Punch and Earthquake, or Crunch/Sucker Punch and Fake Out?

Earthquake is the reason why Kangaskhans can beat my Mawile, so I would say take it.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Let's see...

Kangaskhan, Hawlucha, Goodra, and Ditto are a lock, I think.

The last two slots are open to Volcarona(anti-Aegislash), Florges(Sp. Defense, Fairy damage, and Aromatherapy), and Ninjask(Speed Boost/Swords Dance Baton Passing to Kangaskhan, Hawlucha, or Goodra, as needed)

The question is which one to leave behind.

If I'm being really honest, I could say that Hawlucha might be redundant with Kangaskhan about and Ninjask speed passing in play...but Hawlucha!

Enlong on
  • Options
    NabobNabob Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    How is Pangoro? He's certainly got the look of a bulky badass.

I actually dumped pancham early on but I have an eye on putting him on my trick room teams come december.

He learns parting shot which is interesting. But that's kind of it, it seems.

I bred a good one for myself just because I love the way Pangoro looks, so badass! I don't know anything about competitive pokemon, but it seems like he might be alright with Iron Fist if he can eventually learn elemental punches?

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2367-6821
  • Options
    XerinkXerink Registered User regular
    Since this is relevant to the current conversation...

I've just finished getting a breeding cycle together for 5x31 IV Nincadas. They don't have their hidden ability, so Ninjask will have Speed Boost when it evolves. No egg moves.

If anyone wants one, let me know. Going to breed a couple extra before I start my next project.

PSN: darkhart0
    3DS FC: 2234-7230-2712
    Battle.net: Kriese#1709
  • Options
    KaimakaKaimaka Registered User regular
    Hey Pokemon thread. I just added myself to the friend code list and add everyone currently only from the last page. Add me back please
    Anyone else feel free to add me. I'm not very far i the game yet but I have the Poketrus and can breed up any of the six starters if you want. Also Prize Money O-Power level 3

2bas2j6qpsiv.gif
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3349-7357-2013
    3DS Friend code: 3093 8504 2352
  • Options
    SevorakSevorak Registered User regular
    Nabob wrote: »
    @Sevorak If that isnt a 4x31 starly PM me and I'll find the right one for you. I forgot to double check :/
    Looks good to me. Thanks for the pretty bird.

@Winky, @RockinX, @Triiipledot I have lots of 0 speed Ferroseeds with spikes/stealth rock/leech seed now.
    @Knight_ I can trade you a Immunity Gligar for a Scyther now.

steam_sig.png 3DS: 0748-2282-4229
  • Options
    Xerink wrote: »

I've just finished getting a breeding cycle together for 5x31 IV Nincadas. They don't have their hidden ability, so Ninjask will have Speed Boost when it evolves. No egg moves.

If anyone wants one, let me know. Going to breed a couple extra before I start my next project.
    I'd like one. I can't profess to have any wondrous IV projects together, but I've got a few desirable Friend Safaris open. People seem to really like Gale Wings Fletchinder.

• Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    I wish Pidgey had Gale Wings :(

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    What's a faster way to get synchronize Abras, catching or breeding?

• Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    @Sevorak If that isnt a 4x31 starly PM me and I'll find the right one for you. I forgot to double check :/

@Winky, @RockinX, @Triiipledot I have lots of 0 speed Ferroseeds with spikes/stealth rock/leech seed now.

Alright, allow me to get on!

• Options
    XerinkXerink Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Xerink wrote: »

I'd like one. I can't profess to have any wondrous IV projects together, but I've got a few desirable Friend Safaris open. People seem to really like Gale Wings Fletchinder.

Ok, adding you to my friend list. Shoot me an invite and I'll send you one I have ready. The Nincadas are all Adamant, so you'll have to do some breeding if you want a different nature.

PSN: darkhart0
    3DS FC: 2234-7230-2712
    Battle.net: Kriese#1709
  • Options

Is your in-game name Red?

• Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular

Name in game? Ill hop on now.

• Options
    SevorakSevorak Registered User regular
    Yep, Red.

steam_sig.png 3DS: 0748-2282-4229
  • Options
    What was it that you wanted? I forgot =(

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    You guys think this Mewtwo is worth keeping (for the physical Mega X form)?
    HP 238
    Defense 152
    Sp Atk 217
    Sp Def 152
    Speed 225

Nature Jolly

Been soft resetting for about two hours now, this is the first "outstanding" mewtwo I've gotten with perfect IVs in Attack, Defense and Special Attack.

Kind of getting tired of wrestling the mean bastard.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    I've been catching dozens of dittos today in the friend safari. I lead with a four-useless-move zigzagoon, then sub in with a false swipe/spore parasect for the capture. I was just leading with the parasect but ditto becomes immune to spore when he transforms into parasect so I had to find another way.

Only a few three IV dittos so far, but I'm sure it'll pay off in time saved later.

• Options
    HP 238
    Defense 152
    Sp Atk 217
    Sp Def 152
    Speed 225

Nature Jolly

Been soft resetting for about two hours now, this is the first "outstanding" mewtwo I've gotten with perfect IVs in Attack, Defense and Special Attack.

Speed is more important.

• Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Does anyone have a Skarmory with Stealth Rocks or Spikes?

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    How are you guys figuring out these IVs so easily? Last time I checked the only way was with an IV calculator, and even then you needed your Pokemon to be level 100 to be certain.

EDIT: And for that matter, how are you guys catching multi-31 IV anything so easily?

Terrendos on
  • Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »
    How are you guys figuring out these IVs so easily? Last time I checked the only way was with an IV calculator, and even then you needed your Pokemon to be level 100 to be certain.

There is an IV judge in the last city you unlock, he will tell you if any of your stats are maxed and if any are particularly terrible. He also mentions how good overall a pokemon is.

• Options
    Alright, Xerink, what's your name in-game?

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    RockinX wrote: »
    HP 238
    Defense 152
    Sp Atk 217
    Sp Def 152
    Speed 225

Nature Jolly

Speed is more important.
    Ah geez.. ;_;

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Rorus Raz. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.